You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jun 26th 2009

Children: Repromed

Friday, November 27th 2009, 10:01am

Hi Guys,

Glad to see everyone is doing well im having my 20wk scan at 18wks lol 14th December cant wait to see LO again.
Getting abit sad at the mo have just finished packing the kids suitcases ready for Sunday when they go back to England for 5 weeks to spend xmas with their father.
At least DH booked a few days away in Sydney for us will hopefully take my mind off it for bit.

Got the consultant on Wednesday to talk about the dates for c-section looking forward to that so i can get things sorted and hubby can book his holidays as over here the police force dont get paternity leave which is rubbish.

Hope all is well with everyone check in later xx
Kelly xx

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Friday, November 27th 2009, 1:38pm

hi all,

Glad to hear eveyone is doing well and getting organised.

I am babysitting my niece and nephew the now till 5 before i go to work, its fun. The live in orkney so dont get to see them much.

I wish i could finish work the now as i am really tired and cant be bothered but we need all the money we can get for our wee baba x
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, November 27th 2009, 2:20pm

Hello!

I love coming on here!! There's always so much going on!!

Vezza - I've just worked out my days till I finish - 25!!!!! I checked 3 times because I thought surely there can't be just that many!! How crazy is that!!!! Now that has spurred me on!!

Jess - Yes they are NHS. I tell you what, the midwife who does them is brilliant. In fact I want her to deliver my baby but I don't think she's be allowed :sadface: And she gives us so much information about everything. My friend and her baby are also doing well! She's called him Brodie Kai (her fella's called Kai) and he's gorgeous. It made me all excited while I was holding him thinking that soon its gonna be me and I'll be holding my baby! He was 7lb8oz!

Pleased to see everyone else is good too!

AFM - I have now forgiven DH for being late and missing his train. The thing is he's late for everything. Literally.

We're going out tonight with my Mum and her fella to my friends leaving do (she's moving to Australia). Its the first time I've been out out for months, I'm quite looking forward to it, but then I think 'oooh, but I could be tucked up in bed!!' Sad I know!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Friday, November 27th 2009, 2:30pm

Kelly, how come your having a section???
Hi to everyone im sorry im too tired to comment to each person ive worked very hard today and am tired, but glad to see u are all well and happy!
xxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Jess

Ace

Reg: Feb 18th 2009

Children: One amazing 18mth old daughter.

Friday, November 27th 2009, 2:59pm

Aaah Flic, how cute, little Brodie, and I bet it was amazing thinking it will soon be you with everyone coo-ing over your new arrival clap

Have a great time tonight - enjoy it - your bed will still be waiting when you get home!!

Steff, sorry you've had a tough day - hope you're relaxing now.

I've just been to see the m/w. SHe was apologetic about the cancelled appt and was more than happy to listen to the heartbeat. So, I'm lying there and listening to what sounds to me like a lovely heartbeat but nope, that was the placenta apparently! If I'd have been by myself I would have been convinced it was a little heart pumping away. Then she had a good old prod around and all we could hear was the placenta which is, apparently, at the front, so blocking the way to the baby - aaagggh, I started to get a bit worried. She was determined to get to the real thing though so some time later, a quite different sound was there - more of a clear beating rather than the swooshy one of the placenta and she said 'that's the baby, no doubt about it' and we listened to it for ages - phew! I was so relieved, I got a bit emotional. She said little BB was obviously moving around a lot as she could tell the beat was getting faster then slower, but all good and normal. I am soooooo happy now!! biggrin2 (sorry, gone on a bit again!).

And, as DH couldn't come today we've arranged next appt for 31st Dec so he can come and hear the heartbeat too! What a great way to welcome in the new year......

:xxx3:
Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN
IVF#2 Aug 2009 :BFP:

Ellie Jean born 12/4/10 - our amazing little daughter

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Friday, November 27th 2009, 3:08pm

Hi all,

Just interupting my afternoon of Christmas Card making to pop on here and catch up with gossip.

Claire A - Don't worry hun, my 20 week scan is not being done until 22 weeks either and that is only because they moved it a week ealier too otherwise it would be 23 weeks. We are just so eager arn't we to see our little bubas!!! Double eager for you as well :D TK Maxx have got those Dream Geni Support pillows in at the moment down here for a load cheaper than in the shops or on-line so might be worth a look?

Flic - Tutt! Pee and a Pasty. Boys! Not even going to mention the only 25 days malarkie as I am FAR too jealous for words :snigger:

Kat - hope you enjoyed your baby sitting hun.

Jess - Isn't it great knowing how many days and don't worry about it being scary as that was my first thought but that is working days in the office. There are weekends etc too so it is not that close ?(

Klaudia - If I could pinch you I would regarding your weight thing. I think my leg weighs more than that :P Again - totally jealous. I think I must spend my whole life being green you know.

Kelly - Sure must be odd packing your babies off but think how wonderful it will be when they come home and give you a BIG BIG hug.

As for me - still relaxing which is great. Didn't sleep too well so have a headache and quite dizzy today but there you are. Went shopping and got all wonderful treat foods for the weekend and walked the dogs along the beach this morning. Sounds so quaint but the reality was me in full wet weather gear with a really runny nose form the cold and screaming at the dogs not to so in the sea incase they turned into ice cubes :snigger:
Going to get back to the christmas cards now and immerse myself in glitter. Life is good :D

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Dreams really can come true.......

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Friday, November 27th 2009, 4:20pm

Hi Ladies

Lovely to see everyone is getting on ok today x

Claire - don't get too upset about your scan being after christmas/new year. I thought mine would be after too & although I've been lucky in one way & they fit me in before then I had been cheering myself up by thinking that at least with a scan after all the madness & hectic rushing around of Christmas you can go for your scan and check that everything is ok afterwards. I'm sure all of us will want some re-assurance if we do get really busy and tired that things are still ok with baby & you will get that shortly after. It will also give you something to look forward to which I won't have after christmas. I'll just have 20 weeks of waiting!....that is unless I pay for a private scan towards the end of Feb which I may well do!!

Vezza - making Christmas cards...omg how arty is that?? I wouldn't dare even trying it. I'm totally crap at any craft project and end up with more glue on me and the table than on the card & no-one would recognise one of my reindeer from the loch ness monster!

I''ve counted out today how many more 'working days' I have until I plan on finishing and it was 72....it doesn't sound a lot if you say it quick enough but I've got a lot of annual leave left & can only carry 5 days over to next leave year which is when Mat Leave will start so I have to take between now & March. Have decided that apart from taking nearly a week at Christmas and a week in Feb near my birthday I am taking my leave by doing 4 day weeks which means that from mid-January I will be having long weekends every week!!! It seems quite a long time until I finish which will be mid-April but knocking off Christmas its less than 20 weeks & I have so much work to clear before then...aaaggghh.

Klaudia - its great to hear the heartbeat isn't it & yes I have a bump showing now which (as my mum pointed out last night) sticks out more than my boobs now...and talking of boobs they've had another growth spurt and have gone so big my hubby keeps joking they are going to push him out of bed! I still feel that I just look chubby in some clothes rather than pregnant and so can't wait until its unmistakeably a baby bump in all clothes. I've put around 4lbs on in total so far which doesn't sound a lot but in reality I could have done with being a bit lighter before I got pregnant as I'm only 5'3 so I am starting to look chunky around my bum & thighs now!

Has anyone bought a new winter coat yet? I've been putting off because work provide me with an all-weather jacket which I've still been able to fasten up & have been wearing at weekends too. However its getting tight now, especially witht the fleece zipped in so think I might need to invest....tried one on in New Look from their maternity range & tried the size 12 on but it was too tight across the bust...don't want to spend too much though.

Oh my goodness I could have written a novel in less words so I'm going to sign off for now...sorry I didn't get to mention you all but I have thought about you...I'm off on the first of many Christmas do's tonight so got to go to bed for an hour now to get some sleep so I can stay awake for the duration tonight with no alcohol....wish me luck!!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, November 27th 2009, 4:48pm

Hello again ladies!

Vezza - I can't believe you're making cards. I want one!! I am soooo not creative like that. I'd just cover the front in glue and dip it in a load of glitter and be done with it!! Don't get me started with DH.

The 25 days are working days, I'm off from 17th Dec to 4th Jan using up my holidays and then I don't leave work until 20th Jan when my holidays start again till maternity. I have in fact 7 and a half weeks to go (but 25 working days sounds better!!)

Jess - You're right, I'm going to enjoy it and have a bit of a boogie, I may even put on my big wedding shoes (red wedge sandals that I got married in so I didn't look an idiot on my wedding photo's as I don't even come close to DH's shoulders normally!!) They're comfy.

Lynne - I've not bought a winter coat yet. Mine doesn't fasten anymore apart from around my boobs (just) My bump just sticks out underneath!

Had my nails all done and I love them!!!

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Friday, November 27th 2009, 6:02pm

Gosh, lots of posts this afternoon!

Aussiegirl, sorry you're feeling sad about your kids being away for 5 weeks. I hope the time passes quickly for you.

Chalmers, hope babysitting was fun.

Flic, Have a fun night out. I don't reach my DH's shoulder either, and spent ages finding a pair of wedding shoes with a high enough heel that I'd still be able to wear all day!

Steff, :hi:, hope you're taking it easy after working hard all day.

Jess, glad the midwife appointment went well, and it's good that she was persistent in finding the heartbeat.

Vezza, they have TK Maxx here too, in fact one opened near me just a few weeks ago so I'll have to see if they have those pillows too. Glad you managed to stop your dogs turning into ice cubes :snigger: . I love doing crafty stuff too, I have a whole cupboard full of stuff for making things. My latest thing is making bead jewellery but I haven't had time to make much.

Lynne, that's a really good way to look at a January scan, something to look forward to after everything falls flat. I have a winter coat. It's not a proper maternity one though. My mum brought it over for me and she got it in Tesco. It's probably a size too big (too big on the shoulders), but there is quite a lot of belly room in it. Not sure how long it'll last though. It's a black duffle coat style.

Right, now I'm going to see if I can persuade DH to eat today, he's scared to in case he gets an infection from his tooth being taken out today, but the dentist didn't say he couldn't eat.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Reg: Jun 30th 2009

Children: Im having a baby!

Friday, November 27th 2009, 6:03pm

Hi ladies

Vezza - Im glad your still relaxing and having the time to make crimbo cards. I also walked my dog along the beach today, I should of waved to you across the water as I can see the Kent coast from my house!

Lynne - I bet you cant wait until 22nd Dec (its so nice now to refer to my bump as a girl now!) I havent got a winter coat but will need one soon! I think I will try and look for a swing type coat to see if that lasts me a few months.

Jess - Im so so please honey that you managed to hear the heart beat :happy:
My placenta is also on top so it maybe a few more weeks yet until we can feel them kicking! I still get all those little air bubbles - do you?

Claire A - Good luck with the droppler, you will be able to listen to the lovely heart beat every day :happy:

Kelly - It sucks that your husband does not get paternity leave. My husband will also be taking leave as if he take paternity leave he will only take home about £120 a week (like our SMP) so hes trying to save all his leave up.

Flic - Hope you have a great night out honey

Kat - Hope the babysitting went well. Lets hope its not too cold tonight when your working.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Im off this weekend so Im just going to relax

XXX
Sandy

TTC - 5 Years
3 x Clomid - :BFN:
1st ICSI Aug 09 - :BFP:

at last im a mummy to a beautiful little gir Phoebe

Jess

Ace

Friday, November 27th 2009, 7:34pm

Yay, it's Friday night! (and it's totally rock & roll over here - have just put the dinner on to cook slowly and about to have a nice relaxing bath as DH is out with friends - hope he doesn't get waylayed by a pee an a pasty!!)

Flic, have a great night - those shoes sound fab! And you Lynne. Hope you had a good snooze first!

Sandy, yep I'm still getting the popping bubble feelings, and lots more now. I so hope they are little BB and not just my digestion trying to cope with all teh extra food I'm putting in! Have a lovely relaxing weekend off.

Snap, Claire, I've got a coat from Tesco too. I looked at loads in all the shops and online and lots were really expensive, then I saw this one in Tesco for £20. It's got some wool in it and is washable - bargain!! I figured that, much as I'd love to treat myself to a lovely pricey maternity coat, I hadn't found one that I really liked and I may not be able to wear it for long anyway, so I'm hoping this one will get me through the worst of the cold weather.

Oooo, best go and stop the bath before it overflows.....

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Vezza

Star

Friday, November 27th 2009, 8:57pm

Evening all.

Jess your night sounds as rock n roll as mine :snigger: DH is working and I have given up crafting for the night. Waiting for DH to say he is on the way home and we are going to have cheese and biscuits. Bring on the nightmares :snigger:

Managed to make 5 cards today which is not as many as I hoped but I have finished the front of the quilt for my niece. Just the back, quilting and edging to go :8o:

Back to more cards in the morning once the dogs have been dealt with of course.

I have found that really light rubbing of my tummy seems to make the baby move or do something because my tummy tightens. A proper rub does nothing but a light tickle rub.....which is lovely as DH likes his back rubbed like that when he is poorly. How sweet. But then again, it is just releasing air????? I guess this is the age old question but I like to think that it is Twinkle.

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Saturday, November 28th 2009, 12:15am

Hi Guys,

Been very busy on here over night !!
Steff i am having a c-section due to the SPD am in so much pain with it that the consultant said he wouldnt leave me to late and do it between 36-38weeks depending on the pain have been on bed rest now for 1 week its horrible but do feel better for it not having to take so many painkillers which is always a bonus !!!

Anyway had better go not even out of bed yet and its 10.45am lol

Speak soon guys take care xx
Kelly xx

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Christian

Saturday, November 28th 2009, 3:12pm

Hi ladies,

Can see that a lot has been going on with you al, there are so many post for me to catch up with.

Yesterday DH and I were invited to a lovely dinner with our next door neighboors so that went really good, they have three small kids which are full of energy and are just lovely.

I can not get rid of a bad cough I had since last week, and it's now starting to worry me as at night I just cant stop coughing and its so annoying!!! I just hope my baby is not been affected by it.

Well ladies off to catch up on post and hope everyone will have a wonderful weekend.
Betti
2nd ICSI - April 2009 BFN
3rd ICSI - Aug 2009:BFP:

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, November 28th 2009, 4:21pm

Hello all!

Well party was good last night. I was totally shattered though!

This morning we moved my Nana to my Aunties house so I now have a room for the nursery!

However, I fell over. I just slipped and over I went, I sort of knew I was falling forward so luckily somehow my left knee, left elbow and right hand took the brunt of it. My back is killing me now though. And my hand looks like I got some grit from the concrete in it. I was so mucky. Luckily my Mum was with me and picked me up and took me inside and stripped my trousers off and put a cold damp towel on my knee to take the swelling down and then smothered me in germolene.

Proper hurting :sadface:

Vezza

Star

Saturday, November 28th 2009, 7:20pm

Flic !!!!!!

You poor poor love but bless you mum for looking after her baby girl :smile:

My fall really jarred up my back which started me going to the osteopath. They recommended hot and cold compress to help bring down any inflamation. 2 mins hot then 2 mins cold for a total of 10 mins. 10 mins off and then repeat another 2 times.

Betti - Your meal sounds lovely and I wish we got on with our next door neighbours like that. One set are always away on holiday and the other side are mental and I mean proper mental. She called the police on us when we moved in because I had to cut some branches off the tree to get the furniture in and she told the police that I was murdering the tree whoops3

As for me I have been crafting again today but again not completed as many cards as I hoped to. I have just been getting so tired and needed a sleep in the afternoon and have been dizzy again. I reckon it is because I have finally stopped and now all the long days and travelling have caught up on me. Still at least I can now stop and it should do me the world of good. Might actually have to buy some cards for the general masses but better that and get some sleep I think.

Catching up on here now while watching strictly come dancing - the perfect Saturday night in :snigger:

x

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 28th 2009, 7:25pm

Oh Flic that fall sounds nasty, take it easy & try & rest as I bet baby is wondering what's going on in the big wide world!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok this weekend.

I really enjoyed my Chirstmas do last night, we went for an italian to a really nice restaurant & had a great laugh. I got a lot of fuss from the waiter for being pregnant which was lovely and then we headed back to the pub after but I only managed until 11.30pm before I was pooped so came home. At least going to a restaurant means I'm not left out with being sober!!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, November 28th 2009, 9:03pm

Hiya,

Flipping heck, why do grazes sting so bloody much?!?! My hand and my knee are proper stinging!!

I had a soak in the bath which seems to have eased my back a bit. No doubt tomorrow it will all hurt more. I think it was the shock of actually falling more than anything. I've not fallen over for years and years and then I go and do it while I'm pregnant!!

Vezza - I do wish I was crafty. I am soooo not creative! Thats a good idea to have a nap in the afternoon though. You're neighbour does sound like a nutter! I love strictly, unfortunately my FIL talked through the whole thing so I taped it and gonna watch it tomorrow I think.

Lynne - DH and his boys are all really clumsy, today I was walking from the bedroom behind his youngest and he just fell over! So this baby is probably passing some of the genes to me making me fall over! She has been moving about still today so I don't think she was that fussed to be honest!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Jess

Ace

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 10:39am

oooo Flic, you poor thing, I bet it was a horrible shock. Hope those grazes feel a bit better today and your back's not too bad. Take it easy.

Lynne, your night out sounds lovely.

Vezza, go girl with the cards. And, don't fret if you don't make as many as you want to. Don't go swapping stresses of work for stresses of card making now, you just relax a bit :P

DH wasn't well yesterday - coldy coughy thing, so we had a lazy day which was nice. I then left him at home and went to friends for dinner. Another couple we know were there and they're expecting their first in January so it was great to talk pregnancy and babies over a lovely meal. They know it's a boy and have decided on a name and everything - I didn't like to say 'but what if, when he pops out, that name doesn't suit him?!' I got home at 1230 and was wide awake at 6.30 so am a bit grumpy today. We're looking after a friend's 7 yr old daughter for a few hours in a bit so that should be fun - just hope it stops raining so we can go to teh park.....

Love to you all.

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 11:20am

Hiya!

Jess - your days sounds fun! And your meal sounds like you had a good time!

My grazes are still sore :bawl:

Going to in laws for dinner today with the kids. Its proper grey here though and I don't really want to go out. I just feel so tired.

I've put pics of my bump on (finally!)

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 1:48pm

Flic poor you with your fall, must of been scary. Poor you being now sore.
Hopefully a nice dinner with tihe inlaws will help ease the pain.

Vezza your neighboors sound really crazy!! we are so lucky to get along with ours.
You sound very creative, making x-mas cards wow I sometimes forget to send the ones I buy :O

Sunday is our lazy day so I am just relaxing at home reading and surfing on the net for baby stuff and trying to get creative ideas for nursery.

Hugs to everyone
Betti

Vezza

Star

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 3:07pm

Afternoon all,

Still chilling out down my mum and dads and can't believe that tomorrow they come home. It has gone so fast :sadface:

Made just a couple of cards so far today but can't find my mojo so I have moved to doing the top of a patchwork quilt for my nephew. IF i buckle down I reckon I could get the top done by tomorrow morning which will be another thing sorted. That just leaves the backs for 3 to make, all the hand quilting and the hand binding for all three!!! Flipin heck Christmas is coming round far too fast :8o:

Flic - What a wonderful bumo Mrs! I am deffo jealous :P

Betti - Your sunday sounds lush - you relax and enjoy :D

Jess - hope you managed to get to the park. Isn't it wonderful when you are at the park having fun and it is so cold that you think your nose is going to fall off! Great way to spend a winter sunday afternoon :happy:

Ok - off to find a movie on the telly and set up the sewing machine - wish me productive luck girlies :D

x

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 3:18pm

Good luck Vezza I am sure you will have a much more productive day than me.
Betti

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 5:49pm

Hey girlies,
flic hows ur knee now? poor u! x
vezza how many cards are u making?
Ive been very naughty today and put the christmas trees up! :O and yes i did say treeS weve got 2, i am greedy! DH wasnt happy about it tho, but i didnt listen haha.

Hi betti, jess, lynne, and kelly! :cheese:

I have been getting some very strong kicks from little man, i cant believe it it started happening the other night in bed and i couldnt sleep i was jumping and its got stronger up to now, its so hard sometimes it makes me scream out and jump, its disgusting makes me feel sick, like he actually coming out throo my belly, and u can see it it comes out about half an inch from my belly and i no it sounds ridiculous but im not joking, its so strange, never thought it could actually make me jump so much!
ive also been very tired today for the the first time in months i had to have a sleep in the day, i think its cos hes growing alot or something, probably why i can feel him so much cos hes gotten so big, bump hasnt rly got much bigger so i think hes just taking up the room in there rather than expanding my belly any more than it is at the moment!

anyway.... love to u all

im back to looking at the baby names book now....frustrating, i dont like any names! too fussy thats what it is!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 6:01pm

Hello,

Steff - I totally know what you mean about making you jump! That is exactly what mine does to me. It proper freaks me out sometimes.

Only got 2 kids from 7pm tonight. Youngest is going home. When they're all together they are so loud and can be so naughty! DH proper went mad earlier and shouted, it even scared me and LO jumped a bit I think!!

I'm also so tired. Think it will be an early night tonight.

chalmers206

Superstar

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 10:06pm

hi all,

Sounds like you have alll had a busy day.

I have been in my pjs all day today and just had a bath there.

Steff- thats mad a about the wee one kicking like that.

I cant wait till i can feel my wee one, i am starting to panic a bit as still not felt anything. Well sometimes i feel like wee flutters could this be the baby?

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 10:53pm

Hi Guys,

Well yesterday was not a good day for me dropped kids off at airport all was good until the host came to pick them up then jasmin my DD started to cry and that started us all off wasnt nice they due to land in UK at 5am Monday morning cant wait to hear their voices.

All going well with bump had the whole day yesterday and last night without pain from my pelvis which is great lets hope today is the same lol.

Glad everyone is doing well cant believe you got your tree up already Steff well done think im going to get one in next few days.
Will check in later take care all xx
Kelly xx

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 11:54pm

Hi Ladies

Its late but I just had to come on here as I'm so excited...I'm sure I just felt the baby move!!

I was sat watching tv but quite laid back in the chair when I felt like someone was very gently flicking me from the inside...it was quite low down on my right side. I didn't take much notice at first but then felt it again a minute later and then it happened a few more times. It was the gentlest feeling but I'm sure it was the baby. Its happened a bit earlier than I imagined as I didn't expect it for a few weeks yet so in a way its made me doubtful but I'm sure it was!!

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend xx

Jess

Ace

Monday, November 30th 2009, 7:33am

Morning all,

Vezza, hope you got that quilting done, and had some time to relax too. We did get to the park yesterday and it was proper chilly and windy - wasn't too worried about my nose, but my poor ears - thought they might have snapped off! Our friend's daughter was really good and we had a lovely time with her.

Flic, hope the kids were well behaved and no more need for DH shouting!

Kat, good for you having a lazy day. It sounds like you might have felt movements there - how exciting! I know what you mean about wanting it to be more obvious though!

Lynne, sounds like you're feeling it too! That's what mine feels like - it's quite mad isn't it! Sometimes I don't feel anything for hours then lots for a bit, then it goes quiet again. Used to just be at night, but feeling more during the day now too.

Kelly, good to hear you've had a pain free day. Sorry it was sad saying bye to the kids. I'm sure you've heard from them now they've got here safely. I bet they were really well looked after on teh flight. I remember when I used to fly alone to visit my Dad in the US when I was little and I was so fussed over by the crew, it was great!

Steff, must be excitement about the xmas trees that has got your LO jumping around so much!!

Betti, how was your lazy day? DId you find anything good online for the LO? It's crazy how hours can drift by surfing for all the things you didn't realise you needed!

DH and I saw Eddie Izzard live last night - he was amazing and I love him even more......

Best got ready for work I guess. Hoping to have a swim at lunch time if there's time. DH and I have tomorrow off as it's scan day - waaaaahooooo. Just gotta get today out the way, I can't wait.

Have a good day all. Love to those bumps.

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 30th 2009, 9:27am

Hello everyone!!

Kelly - Sorry it was so horrible saying goodbye to the kids. You'll feel more reassured when they get there.

Kat - Definately movements. I wanted to stay in pj's but DH made me get dressed :innocent:

Lynne - Sounds like you've got movements too!! Woohoo!!

Jess - Ooooh, scan day tomorrow!!! Soooo exciting!! Are you finding out the flavour????

AFM - I have just booked in for my swine flu vaccine, 16th December, and I'm having Celvapan. My GP's has got someone dealing with just the vaccine giving advice and stuff so I called him and had a chat (put all the details on the Swine Flu Vaccine thread) and I've got to call to check that they do have it in before I go because they don't have it in at the mo.

Also going to Newcastle later for the week training with work. DH is letting me take his internet thingy with me so I don't have to pay for internet and I can still come on here!!

I know the site is going to be down tomorrow thought for 24 hours while we move so will probably be facebooking instead if anyone wants to add me to chat tomorrow!!

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Monday, November 30th 2009, 9:35am

Hi Ladies, sorry I've been so absent I've got my mother and grandmother staying and last week I had to prepare for and host a children's birthday party for 30 kids and 70 adults and attend my uncle's funeral!

Great to see you all progressing though and congrats on all those who've had scans recently.

I have a scan (20 weeks, although I'll be 18 weeks?) next Monday and i can't wait as I'm feeling a little anxious. I've not felt much movement recently though I think it's because I've been dashing around and not had time to think about it.

I'll have to remain a bit of a lurker whilst my folks are here til next week but I'll be looking out for you all

:P

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Monday, November 30th 2009, 9:45am

Hi Guys,

Well the kids got there ok they were all excited as they got moved up to business class on both the flights due to it being empty and it was easier for the host to keep an eye on them my youngest (9) said mummy i got to have a touch screen tv to watch bless him.

Just waiting for my sister to sort out her web cam and then can have better chat and see them yeah !!!

Lynne thats great that you felt baby i first felt mine about 4 days ago was strange but such a nice feeling 2 days till i see the consultant and 15 days till next scan cant wait to see baby again going to find out the sex if they can see it.

Hope you are all well will log on bit later to check take care guys xx
Kelly xx

Monday, November 30th 2009, 11:38am

Hi Ladies and growing bumps

Hope you all had a good weekend

Flic - I hope your knee and hand are healing. I got my letter from the doctors the other days for the swine flu jab (The same jab as yours) Thanks for your update on the thread as it made my mind up to have it. There is lots of it going around here.

Vezza - Hope you enjoyed your nreak at your parents. I wish I could make my own patchwork quilts and christmas cards! Hope your feeling ok.

Jess - Sounds like you had a lovely weekend honey. I have heard alot of great reports about Eddie Izzard. Wow scan day tomorrow Woop Woop. I hope it goes well, cant wait to hear. smile2

Steff - Wow your little boy sounds very active. It must be strange to see him sticking his feet out into your belly! 2 crimbo trees! - I havent even thought about it yet!

Kelly - It must of been so sad honey to see them crying. Hopefully they have arrived safe over here and you have heard from them.

Kat - dont panic babes, I keep getting a popping bubbles feeling but nothing stronger yet. Hope your ok.

Lynne - Woop Woop honey, you have felt your ickle baby :happy:

AFM - I am having problems sleeping as my legs and joints (hips) seem to wake me up aching and hurting like mad. I have googled it (I know I shouldnt) but apparently it is due to the extra weight of my belly on my joints when I sleep. I have tried a pillow between my legs which helps alittle - anyone had anything similar?
I got a phone call from my lovely reflexologist last night to say her daughter was down and was selling a pram if I wanted to have a look. I went round and the pram is perfect. It is a Micralite easy fold and she only used it for three months! I bought it there and then! she also had a moses basket and stand so I had those too. I ended up spending £125 so I saved myself loads of money as the pram itself is worth £300!. I got them home and scared myself seeing them in my house and thinking there will be a baby in them in April :snigger:

Well im on a late turn today (1pm-10) so I had better get out of my PJ's and get ready.

Hi to anyone Ive missed

XXX
Sandy

TTC - 5 Years

roxy7

Star

Monday, November 30th 2009, 2:09pm

Sandy, I'm having similar problems with my legs. I only feel comfy sleeping on my left hand side but because I'm lying so still in one spot. I often wake up with pins and needles in my arm or a dead or twitchy leg. I also sometimes find I've rolled over a little onto my back (my preferred pre-pregnancy sleep position) but I'm sure I heard that you should avoid this as the pressure of the weight of the babies presses on a main artery and reduces the bllod supply! Help, does anyone know if it's "safe"? I've just bought a body pillow from Costco (£12) which I hope will help.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 30th 2009, 3:13pm

Hello,

Kelly - Pleased the kids got there safely. Where abouts in the UK are they staying? The weather here is horrendous!

Sandy - I'm the same with the legs and hips. I think this is why I fell too because of the extra weight and balance shift. My cuts are healing nicely although my knee is turning a lovely colour now!! Well done you on those big savings!! Thats brilliant!! And happy 20 weeks (+ 3 days) !!! happydance I've also tried the sleep with a pillow between legs and just found it soooooo uncomfortable. I am beginning to find that it is more difficult to get comfy in bed. Think I may invest in a maternity pillow and wedge from argos. I've got a ball which is good for my back though. I also have reflexology (although I've not been for months) do you find it helps with sleeping and pains and things?? I'm debating whether to start up again.

Also re the swine flu jab, I think its safer to have it rather than not to but I am definately having the Celvapan and not the pandemrix.

Roxy - It can cut off the blood supply but I think its mainly when you're heavily pregnant, and I'm guessing that by that time you'll struggle to roll over. I still wake up on my back too.

Right, I'm going to Newcastle now! Will be back online later if I can get it working!!

See you all soon!!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Flic" (Nov 30th 2009, 3:14pm)

roxy7

Star

Monday, November 30th 2009, 3:48pm

Just emerged from a long nap - the body pillow works fab. It's fleecy as well so really snuggly and warm!

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Monday, November 30th 2009, 4:44pm

Thanks Flic and Roxy.

Flic - I think I will try and invest in a body pillow and see if that helps. I seem to role over on my back too as it seems to ease the presure on my joints. Im sure like Flic says - we will eventually get too big to roll :snigger:

Flic - I havent had reflexolody since the pains. My next appointment is 8th December so I will ask then. Have a safe journey to newcastle.

XXX
Sandy

TTC - 5 Years

Vezza

Star

Monday, November 30th 2009, 4:49pm

Hurrah for body pillows!!!
i have one of the dream geni things and it is great. I do still find that I roll onto my back but heyho. As long as I try not to then I am happy with that.

I have got the top of the quilt done and I will pop a pic on when I get home. I actually quite like it even though it is all really mental colours.

Mum and dad just rang to say they are on the way home so I guess my quiet sanctury is nearly over.

Sorry no personals but rushing to get the house nice before they come home but needed my daily fiz of FZ!!!!

Love to all

x

Monday, November 30th 2009, 6:15pm

Jess how exciting that tomorrow its scan day and fantastic that yourDH can come along and you have the rest of the day to just enjoy and talk about it. Best of luck!

Kelly can only imagine how sad it must be to say goodbye to your kids, but sound like they were well taken care in the flight. Hurry up and get your web camara that will be priceless.

Flic how sweet that your DH understands that its so important for you to come to FZ while away! and Good luck with the vaccine.

Roxy sounds like you been very busy hosting a party for 30 kids and 70 adults!!! Wow that is a lot of work but I sure it turned up great! Great to hear that the pillow worked nicely, you will definetly get some good rest.

Steff your baby is very active, I get so excited that I can now actually start to feel something but its only for a few seconds.

Kat and Lynne congrats on feeling your little ones

Sandy sounds like you did some great shopping!

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary so DH and I met in downtown to get some food, can’t believe I had a big craving for spareribs! :8o: But hey we enjoy it. On the way home we bought some cake and will have it a little bit later.
Today looking at myself in the mirror I can actually now start to see a bump, so excited!! :snigger:

Well now off to make some coffee for DH and tea for me.
Hugs to all
Betti

Jess

Ace

Monday, November 30th 2009, 6:59pm

Hello :D

Very glad to hear things mostly going well for you all.

Roxy, so good to hear from you. Sounds like it's all been a bit mental - what a massive party! Can't wait to hear about your scan next week. Try and take it a bit easy if you can. Hope that pillow helps.

Kelly, how fab your kids got an upgrade - luxury!!

Sandy, how lovely for your reflexologist to think of you - and great bargains!! You lucky thing. DH's dad has kindly given us some money which we hope to use for the pushchair / travel system thingy. I'd be happy to have a second hand one but DH really wants a new one, so we're still in the 'aaaaghhhh, which one to choose from the millions out there' phase..... Hope work's ok.

Flic, hope you got to Newcastle safely and manage to get back on here! Hope the training's interesting and they gove you good lunches (always my first concern with training!!).

Vezza, can't wait to see a pic of the quilt. I think I may well invest in a body pillow too with so many of you raving about them. I'm not having too much discomfort at the mo, but my sleep is disturbed, so I think it may be me waking up as I move as I'm not that comfy, so a supportive (and snuggly Roxy!) pillow might help.....

Happy anniversary Betti - sounds like you've had a lovely day - spare ribs, mmm mm! Enjoy the cake too.

I'm soooo excited about our scan tomorrow (and of course, petrified too). It's not til 3pm so I'll have to find things to distract me til then. DH has to work from home but hopefully won't have too much to do. We're then meeting our Mums for dinner as has become the tradition. We hope to find out the flavour but are not decided yet whether to tell everyone else. Don't think I'll be able to keep it from you FZ lovelies though!!

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 30th 2009, 7:30pm

Hello everyone!!

I'm here and I've finally sussed the internet thingy bobby!

To be fair the dinner at the training is crap but the food at the hotel is good and I'm allowed to keep bringing it to my room and ordering it so its ready for me!!

The room is tiny though. Soooo tired after driving all this way.

Been and had a fruit salad with ice cream and my room mate is going down to get me some more!!

chalmers206

Superstar

Monday, November 30th 2009, 11:25pm

hi all,

just popping by to say hello, its been so busy on here today.

I am going to bed now really tired.

Good luck for tomorrow Jess xx

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 5:51am

Hi Guys,

Very busy on here overnight glad everyone seems to be well !!!

Got to see the kids over the webcam which was great they go to their dads house today Tuesday so will only get to see them on a Sunday now via the webcam.

Go to consultant tomorrow hopefully give me c-section date will let you all know.
Anyway had better go now we going to get xmas tree from shop will check in later

Take care all xx
Kelly xx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 9:44am

A new thread for you ladies...

SECOND TRIMESTER CHAT

xxx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE