You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Friday, November 6th 2009, 12:10pm

RE: My tummy is now 43.5"!!!

hi all,

steff- good luck for the scan and finding out the sex.

Claire- the bears sound really sweet, i have been getting a lot of pains in my side this morning too and am hoping its just growing pains. I am just about to go for a bath to see if that eases it any.

Is anyone NOT finding out the sex of their baby?, we are not we want it to be a surprise. I really wanted to know at the start but everyone haas talked me out of it.

Hope you all have a lovley day xx
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, November 6th 2009, 1:40pm

Hi everyone!

Good luck with your scan Steff!! I want a PM after with what you are having!!! With regards to home births I put a thread up to see if anyone had had a home birth and there's Bells' story on there which is wonderful! Have a read. Its swayed it for me!!

My feet are itchy!

I had a review today with work to see where I am and stuff and when I'm leaving, I finish in 10 weeks!!! Its soooooo exciting!!!

I'm so tired today for some reason.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Apr 13th 2009

Children: A little one on the way - fingers crossed!

Friday, November 6th 2009, 2:03pm

Hi everyone,
BB: Wow - 43.5! That's pretty impressive - those little ones really must be growing!

Claire: Don't worry about pains, hun - they are completely normal, and (I think) are caused by everything stretching and getting shifted around! Don't let it destroy the nice happy feeling - by second tri its so rare for anything to go wrong!

Steff: Good luck with your scan today - are you geing to tell us the flavour?

Flic: I'm really glad your Mum is supporting you on the homebirth decision - it really does sound like its what you would find easiest and most relaxing, and that's got to be the most important thing!

Christine: that's good advice about the vaccine - I'm still kind of sitting on the fence but its encouraging to hear GPs sayings its safe.

AFM: So pleased its nearly the weekend! Can't wait to have a lie in tomorrow - I didn't sleep properly last night as I dreamed that i was possessed by something! I think it was that you tube video of the moving baby bump that caused it!
Jo x

Jess

Ace

Reg: Feb 18th 2009

Children: One amazing 18mth old daughter.

Friday, November 6th 2009, 2:30pm

Hello everyone.

Steff, I can't wait to hear about the scan.

Claire - how lovely of your mum to start the ball rolling with a few baby things, and a magazine too - I've bought a few and read them from cover to cover pretty much!
I'm sure the aches are just things shifting and stretching - it can be quite uncomfortable at times - mine seems to be noticable in bed more ?(?!

Just had lunch with a friend as its my birthday tomorrow - how nice to have it at a weekend for once. DH and I are having a thai take away tonight to start the celebrations (yep, pretty rock & roll down here, I know) and I've put in a request for croissants for breakfast tomorrow - mmmm mm!

My work mates gave me a knitting kit to make a shaun the sheep - no, I don't knit, but they're thinking I'll want something relaxing to do while I get bigger and bigger - I'll give it a go I guess, although the chances of it actually ever looking much like a sheep are pretty slim I reckon :rolleyes:

:xxx3:
Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN
IVF#2 Aug 2009 :BFP:

Ellie Jean born 12/4/10 - our amazing little daughter

Reg: Jul 17th 2009

Children: William - born 16.05.2010 :)

Friday, November 6th 2009, 3:57pm

Hi Ladies

Steff- Good Luck :goodluck:

Jess- Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!! [zx089] I love them knitting sets!! Im getting one for my mum for Xmas- to make the baby cloths + the kniiting bad and niddles :)

Flic- 10 weeks woohoo thats like mid Jan - great!

Kat- hope the nice warm bath will help.

AFM: I said it too quick. My nausea is back :bawl: Feeling car sick all the time from yesterday.
And the bloody constipation!! I don’t feel the normal pressure when have to go to toilet for No 2 (sorry.. ) but massive pain- almost like period pain and horrible back ache. After I spend average 20 min each time on toilet and do what I have to the pain is gone. But its sooo painful for around 15 min!

Have a nice weekend ladies

:xxx:
Klaudia
IVF 2009- :BFP: my DS born may 2010 lurve
IVF 2013- :BFP: DD born 29.12.2013
Good luck everyone :xxx3:

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Friday, November 6th 2009, 5:56pm

Hi Ladies, wonder how Steff's scan went? Come on Steff, I love scan stories.

I've been feeling sick all day too Klaudia - and I stupidly thought my MS had passed as well - doh!

BB - I suspect those measurements are scarey but I don't even want to get a tape measure out to see how big I am and how big I might get!!!! How are you coping with your size, hun?

Chalmers, I will be finding out the sex too. I dreamt I was having two boys last night - I really don't mind, obviously, I just want two healthy babies but I think it's in everyone's interest in our family for there to be at least one girl in here - I think brothers need sisters and I need someone to go shopping with!

Quite a few of my friends have had wonderful home births, so good on you if you're aiming for that. Two have had entirely unplanned home births with the baby coming very fast and before the ambulance could get there, but they were second children. I think you have to be prepared for every eventuality. I planned a home birth and ended up with a breech baby and an emergency caesarean :smile: In the end, it doesn't really matter once you're holding that lovely warm bundle in your arms.

I'd love to learn to knit! I just can't see me ever finding the time sadly.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Friday, November 6th 2009, 6:52pm

Hey everyone!!

bab22
Yes i am having a boy, im sooooo happy cant wait to see him now!
Scan went well theres no abnormalities, no problems everythings as it should be, so i am exstatic, and she even gave us 5 pics when we only paid for 3 because she was nice!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

roxy7

Star

Friday, November 6th 2009, 7:11pm

Delighted for you Steff. Little boys are wonderful!

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, November 6th 2009, 8:01pm

Steff thats great news!!! I bet you can't wait now!!!

Jo, Roxy - I think I am going to go for the whole home birth thing. I'm going to speak to the midwife when I'm next there (24th I think) and speak to her about it. I'm hoping that she will be all excited and tell me to go for it!

Klaudia - I sorted out my maternity leave properly today! I'm having holidays from 17th dec to 4th Jan then finish on 15th Jan until I come back from maternity leave!! Thats only 7 and a half weeks actually working!!! I can't wait at all!!

And the constipation. I know what you mean about the pain and not having the feeling to 'go'. At the moment I have the runs, like proper bad. Its such a good job we have 2 loos. I'm wondering if I have actually got a bug because I still feel rubbish.

AFM - Baby is going crazy at the moment. Don't know what she's playing at. Mayber its her kicking my bowels and causing me to have to make emergency visits to the loo! DH is just running me a bath so I can have a soak. Got the boys all weekend (should be interesting, already had fallings out and moaning!) And then they get dropped off on Sunday Morning and DH is at work Sunday afternoon!

Also a girl I know has said that we can have her moses basket!! Its a Mamas and Papas Roundabout one and was looking online and they're 95 quid new!!! So I'm well chuffed with that.

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Friday, November 6th 2009, 8:07pm

Hello ladies

I hope you are all keeping well. I haven't been on here since around last Friday so there is loads to catch up on! Can't believe how much chatter there has been!!

Sorry I haven't been able to read right back to where I left off but it started to make me feel sick reading all the posts so I have given up for now!

I've been back at work this week and with things on each night its meant I haven't had chance to get near the computer.

I'm feeling ok, very tired though this week which had felt better in the last few but has come back with a vengence. I have however started to sleep a bit better so thats good.

I'm off out tonight to a fundraiser party so will check in tomorrow for sure xx

Jess

Ace

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 10:02am

Good morning all & bumps.

Steff - a little boy, how lovely. It must have been amazing at the scan. Bet you're still floating in a big lovely baby-haze!

Flic, great to hear you're going for it with the home birth. We def want to do the same and have a mw appt on Friday so will ask her all about it then. We have mentioned it before and she sounded supportive but it was early days so we didn't talk about it loads then. The thread you started was great and I've started to look at some of the infor others posted and it's made me more sure this is what I want to try for so thank you! Great that you've soreted your dates for mat leave - and so soon - how exciting! Sorry you're feeling rough and spending too much time in the loo. Hope it's better today.

Lynne, crikey, you have been busy - no wonder you're tired. Hope things slow down a bit for you and you get a chance to rest - esp if you've been feeling more weary again.

Afm - had a lovely day yesterday - the weather was beautiful so DH and I went for a long walk along the seafront, popped into Mothercare to have a go with teh pram we're thinking of getting - all good (apart from DH getting his thumb caught when trying the easy collapse technique!!). We then had a delish indian meal and went to see Michael McIntyre - love him!!

I wore one of the frocks I bought from asos and it's got lots of room for tummy growth but fits everywhere else. It did make me look proper pregnant though which was quite exciting!

It's really horrid here today so no plans to leave the house til have to to visit mum later. Hope some of you might have the sun we had yesterday.....

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

chalmers206

Superstar

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:17pm

Hi All

Jess- hope you have a good day visiting your mum, what pram is it you are thinking of getting?.

I am not up to much today just housework, then work tonight.

I got a phone call from my doc on friday, asking me to go for the swine flu jag on wed. I really dont know what to do. We have been thinking about it for weeks, and had decided against it. Now everyone is saying i should get it. I am so confused. Any advice?

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Christian

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:30pm

:hello: 2nd Tri-ladies,

I thought I would joy you as of tomorrow I will be officially 13 weeks, wow it is so excting!! I have not have NT Scanning yet, but I do have my appointment for next tuesday so we are looking so much forward to that and pray that everything will be just perfect.

Well I really look forward to getting to know you ladies and especially getting advice from those who are longer in their pregnancies.

Hugs
Betti
2nd ICSI - April 2009 BFN
3rd ICSI - Aug 2009:BFP:

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:30pm

Hello you lovely pregnant ladies!!!

Welcome to 2nd Tri Betti!!! Its so lovely when you finally get here. Even though you don't relax you do in a different sort of way.

Jess - I'm so pleased that you're thinking of home birth too! Was beginning to think that I was the only crazy one!! I am pleased I've decided to go for it though. I still have to speak to the midwife, I'm there on 24th for my 25 week appointment so will speak to them then. We have a male midwife here so was telling DH that it could be possible that he would be there and deliver the baby and to be honest I am secretly hoping it is because I've heard that male midwives are more gentle!! Plus, to get to this stage I've had so many blokes look at my 'areas' one more isn't going to hurt! The stories in the thread I posted are lovely. I mean, I've heard of bad stories, but I figure that if you have a supportive midwife you should have a good labour and birth.

Which frock did you get? Post the link to it so I can see!!

I am also pleased that I've sorted my maternity out. I feel a lot more relaxed now its organised. I gave my MATB1 form to my training advisor to give to HR so I know that it will be hand delivered and not get lost in the post.

Kat - I did loads of housework yesterday, and OMG my back was killing me. I mean, I say loads, I cleaned the kitchen and living room and bathrooms. Swept and mopped, and proper moved everything. I didn't realise how it would affect me to be honest! I got up to pee in the night and the pain in my lower back and down my right leg was horrendous.

As for the Swine Flu jab, I'm gonna have it when my docs get it in. The way I'm thinking is that I will be protected and so will baby upto 6 months after she's born. And she needs a strong Mummy, who's not poorly. But as with everything in this whole pregnancy thing, it needs to be your decision. And something you feel ok with.

AFM - DH is working this afternoon so I've got the house to myself again. I'm sat in front of the fire eating chocolate and drinking tea!! Feeling really tired again today but think thats partly because we were up early with DH's kids so not had a lie in all weekend.

I'm back at work tomorrow, which I am looking forward to but then again I'm not if you know what I mean!

This afternoon I'm going to paint my nails, since I've been pregnant my nails are amazing!! I used to bite them and they used to break all the time and snag but now they're so strong and nice!!! However, my face is horrendous. Just when I think I'm getting rid of a few spots another load decide to make an appearance!

roxy7

Star

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by chalmers206
I got a phone call from my doc on friday, asking me to go for the swine flu jag on wed. I really dont know what to do. We have been thinking about it for weeks, and had decided against it. Now everyone is saying i should get it. I am so confused. Any advice?

Hi Chalmers, I'd decided I wasn't having it either but am now wobbling. We've discussed it untold times in our house. I can go on Weds too if I decide. Still not sure. Sorry, not much help, eh?!?

Welcome, Betti!

Oh, and the twin mummies on here - how big are you now - I see BB sounds huge, but what about those earlier on? I haven't yet dared to measure myself but my belly button's fast starting to flatten. A woman asked me when the baby was due yesterday and her jaw literally dropped when I told her :rolleyes: Is anyone else worried that they won't be able to expand enough? I'm fretting a bit that these babies will come too early because there's just not room in me.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "roxy7" (Nov 8th 2009, 2:01pm)

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 7:44pm

Hi ladies,
Ive just had a scare, another woman i no with endo just told me she had it bad and then miraculously fell pregnant naturally and whilst pregnant she was fine then after she had her baby she had it really bad and caused her intense pain for 6 months couple of years later she got pregnant again and soon as she had her baby again she had it rly bad again for 6 months and caused her really intense pain, im so worried now that thats going to happen to me after i have the baby and i wont be able to look after him properly because il be struggling! :(
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 7:58pm

Steff - Don't worry. Everyone is different. Speak to your midwife if you are worried. It may not have been the endo causing her pain after the birth.

Roxy - Don't worry, you will stretch!! Twins I think generally come a bit early anyway, but they will be fine and ready for it when they do.

chalmers206

Superstar

Monday, November 9th 2009, 12:17am

hi all,

steff- ask your midwife for help as flic says.

betti- welcome to second tri.

Roxy- we are the same thats all we ever talk about, i have asked everyone i know and some have said go for it and some say no. We will need to make our minds up soon x

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Monday, November 9th 2009, 8:35am

:happy: morning everyone, hope you all had a super weekend!!
Roxy sweetie, i was quite big right from the beginning if i think about it!!.....i think i grew about half an inch a week....i do suffer from back ache but back ache higher up and my stomach is sooooo tight, to bend down and do my shoes is an effort! you will be fine sweetie!!! its amazing what out bodies can do when needs must! you may find you stop growing for abit and then put on another growth spurt!
love to you all and catch up soon xx
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

roxy7

Star

Monday, November 9th 2009, 10:11am

Thanks for your sweet comments girls. Feeling a bit better today.

Chalmers, I was almost at the point of having the swine flu vacc this week and then I saw this link http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/1222…ne-flu-vaccine. I know the Express is not known for it's incisive journalism and this may just be a scare story..... but.... X(

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

chalmers206

Superstar

Monday, November 9th 2009, 11:03am

hi roxy,

thanks for sharing that with me, i have read about the injection containing mercury, but they say its not high levels.

You really dont know what to do for the best do you?

roxy7

Star

Monday, November 9th 2009, 2:12pm

No, it's such a tricky decision and one with such serious implications.

I'll keep you posted if I find out any more info. Have you seen the letter the DoH has circulated to all the GPs?

It's here http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups…t/dh_107825.pdf

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Monday, November 9th 2009, 2:59pm

Im having such a bad day pplleeeeaassee sumbody cheer me up and take this anger away.
my dad picked me up this morning early as i was going food shopping with my mum and DH had taken the car to work, i couldnt find my set of house keys so i just left without them as DH could pick me up from mums after he finished work and he had his keys, anyway my mum started having a go at me when i got there about me saying i didnt want my brother moving in 2 doors down from me which was about 6 months ago and i had a very good reason for saying it because he hit me, but anyway she said im not very nice for sayin it (...it was 6 months ago and it was because hed hit me and she didnt even say a word to him for what he did to me)....so, i got upset and said well it wasnt very nice what he did to me was it so i think i had a valid reason for saying it but it was 6 months ago. and she hit the roof and went into a phsyco screaming tantrum at me calling me a tempermental little b***h.
I dont think i deserved that at all so i walked out of the house and started to walk home which is a 2 mile walk with tears rolling down my face, then realised i didnt have my keys, so ive had to go stay round a friends house all day ive had nothing to eat, im upset and very annoyed, then my dad came and took me home after driving to DHs work to pick my key up for me and he tells me my mum told him i need to get down from my high horse and that i said i dont want anybody touching my baby when its born and that her and my dad couldnt kiss it or anything and its an absolute lie. shes saying i said things i didnt to make me look bad.
i cant believe all this has happened and been said today it sounds so juvenile and pathetic and it is, and im in shock about it really, ive only just got home and i needed to let it out i dont no what to think about it.
DH knows and hes going mad and said im not allowed to see her anymore!
X(
please cheer me up girlies!!??
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Monday, November 9th 2009, 3:05pm

:happy: :happy: steff my lovey lady, good god, is your mother for real?!?! you poor thing, thank god your dad listens to your side!!! all i can say is you are a better person than she, and i agree about your brother, he must get his lovely behaviour from your mum, thankfully you do not!!!! you focos on you, bump and dh right now ok!!! you 3 are the main ones at the mo!! your mum will be the looser in this she needs to grow up and realise she could loose not only her daughter and her grandchild, how selfish!!! remember you are the better person my sweet!!!!!!! dont you get upset cos won't do bump any good, and make sure you make something to eat!!! mwah to you!!!
i am not sure that cheered you up, but what about this "what do you get if you sit under a cow?"............................................."pat on the head" :snigger: :snigger: did that work!!
hugs to you missy xxx
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Monday, November 9th 2009, 4:04pm

oh Steff- what is wrong with your mum!! is she pregnant too and her hormones are going mad :P
Don’t get upset huni it looks like you have a crazy family!! Brother that hit you, mad mum - God you really need cheering up. Well cuddle up to your DH and let him spoil you and tell you how much he loves you :)

BB like your joke :snigger:

AFM: Im soo upset- My friend from FZ and same hospital as mine had her 12 weeks scan today and there is no heart bit!! She has to have operation tomorrow.
I cannot believe that!! Just sitting here and crying my eyes out.
It was her 3rd IVF..
Its horrible - she was so excited, her 8 weeks scan was fine and now no heart bit.
Its so unfair
Klaudia

Monday, November 9th 2009, 4:07pm

Thankyou Betty, you made me smile again!
I made myself some food and am calming down a bit now, ive been sat here thinking and ur right its only me bump and dh that matters now, my little family.
She has just ruined her chance of being very much involved, if shes gonna treat me like that whilst im pregnant and not give a damb then she doesnt deserve me in her life! this is the 3rd time something like this has happened in the past 2 years she did something simialar when i was going throught the ivf!
ah well, the more she hurts me the easier it becomes not to see her!
Thankyou for making me smile Betty!!
xxxxxxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Monday, November 9th 2009, 4:11pm

Inik i just read ur post after i posted mine, your poor friend, im there moaning about my rubbish family and theres a poor lady going throo something much much worse, i should think myself lucky my ivf worked and my babies doing ok. she must be distraught, have u been to see her?
I dont no her and i want to give her a big hug!
xxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Monday, November 9th 2009, 4:18pm

Steff- you can moan as much as you like- thats what we here for :)
I didnt see her as she only had her scan today. I dont think she want to see any one yet and had to have operation tomorrow. She only sent me message - Im still in shock.
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Nov 9th 2009, 4:21pm)

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Monday, November 9th 2009, 4:36pm

Inik, your poor friend what a horrible shock for her. :hugs: to her. Sorry you're suffering with constipation, I find that half a grapefruit in the morning and an orange in the evening keeps it at bay for me, although I haven't suffered much at all luckily.

Steff, huge :hugs: for you, it amazes me how family members can be so awful sometimes. Being upset by your mum is the last thing you need during this time when everything should be happy. Congratulations on your great scan though, and a little boy too :D.

Roxy, I have a huge bump too, I was quite obviously pregnant before even getting to 12 weeks, now I can't believe the size of me!

Chalmers, you're not the only one who wants a surprise, lots of people do. I remember reading someone on FZ saying that the excitement of finding out the sex of the baby kept them motivated through the birth. DH and I just always wanted to know!

Little panda, any more weird dreams lately? I had some but I can't remember them!

Jess, hope you get to knit your Shaun the sheep! My Auntie has said she's going to start knitting for us so I can give it a miss :D

Betti, welcome to the 2nd tri already, it seems like hardly 5 minutes ago that you were about 8 weeks pg! Loads of :goodluck: for your NT scan tomorrow.

Lynne, how was your fundraiser party? Hope you had fun.

Flic, great that you got a lovely moses basket. I am so envious of you only having 10 weeks left to work. As soon as I know when my maternity leave starts, I'll probably start a new ticker as I'll definitely be counting down!

Bettyboop, I liked the cow joke :D.

I can't believe I've started getting tired again! I have been pretty busy over the weekend though, with lots of sightseeing in Berlin with my mum. My ankles were still very swollen from the too warm bedroom in Istanbul followed by the flight and I found that my feet were killing me. I was wearing trainers but the pressure through the soles of my feet was terrible. I wore flight socks yesterday (shame I forgot them for the flight :duh: )and today my ankles are almost normal. Think I am going to have to invest in a proper pair of cushiony comfy shoes, most likely ugly ones :snigger:.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "claire_A" (Nov 9th 2009, 4:37pm)

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 9th 2009, 5:21pm

Hello everyone!

Wow its busy in here today!!!

Steff - Try not to let your Mum get to you too much. I know its easier said than done. If she did it before while you were going through IVF I'm wondering if she's struggling with all this more than you think. Perhaps she feels a bit helpless, especially as she couldn't do anything during IVF and now during your pregnancy. She's not right to deal with it the way she is but it sounds like this may be how she deals with it. Pushes you away to make herself feel less helpless. Give it time. I don't speak to my brother because he went for my Mum not long ago after living in my Mum's house with his gf, rent free, bill free, my Mum was working 2 jobs to pay for it and it wasn't fair. Families eh?? Who needs em!!

Klaudia - I'm so sorry about your friend. My cousin went through exactly the same thing not long ago. She was due in January, hit 12 weeks and thought everything was fine, had 12 week scan and found she's had a missed m/c. Terrible.

BB - Loved the joke!! 'What do you call a man with a car on his head??? Jack!'

Roxy, Kat - Its such a difficult decision to make. Its like a no win situation really.

Claire - I know what you mean about comfy shoes. I've got a gorgeous pair of killer heeled leopard print sexy shoes. They're my favourites. I can't walk in them anymore to save my life. I just sort of clomp and wobble a lot, and after 10 mins my feet kill. Not looking forward to DH's Christmas party, I'm gonna have to be sat down all the time. But at least I'll have sexy looking feet!!

AFM - I have been at work today which went suprisingly quick! It is sooooo nice having my maternity all sorted. I can't actually wait. Then I think about it all and its soooo soon!! Before I know it the baby will be here!!!

My Nana is at my Aunties today so I'm going with my Mum to pick her up soon. I said I'll drive her car so that way I don't have to sit in the back!!

Then I'm gonna come home and have a relaxing bath and sit in front of the fire before I go to bed.

OMG, just quickly...last night I hardly slept at all. Baby just kept kicking me all night. No matter how I layed, on my sides, on my back, legs straight, legs bent, it was proper crazy.

Jess

Ace

Monday, November 9th 2009, 6:01pm

Hi all,

Steff, I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a time with your mum. I agree with the others in that, after the initial anger which you are completely entitled to, you must use your energy for you, the bump and DH. Families can be so very difficult to deal with, and often when we are most vulnerable and least able to cope with it. I'm glad your DH and Dad are more supportive. Big hugs to you.

Klaudia, how awful for your friend. I cann't begin to imagine what that would be like. I'm sure you will give her lots of love and support, and the space she needs.

Flic, poor you not getting much sleep, you really have got a little gymnast in there!

Kat & Roxy, I'm still pondering the jab dilema. I've not had any contact from the GP or MW about it but have a MW appt on Friday so will bring it up then, although I think I'm still swerving away from having it.

AFM - had the day off work today and have been 'busy' doing bits & bobs. DH and I cleared out part of our basement yesterday and found a chest of drawers that the previous owners had left. I've given it a clean and a scrub today and am hoping, with a coat of paint, that it will be ideal for the nursery - it has 4 good size drawers and seems a good height for changing on top. So, I've bought some primer and paint and hope to make a start tomorrow. I also went to Debenhams to use the vouchers lovely MIL gave me. I bought two bras from La Senza. They're nursing bras but you wouldn't know it just to look at them. I got them cos they're not underwired and are much prettier than any others I've seen. So, I can use them now, and (unless boobs suddenly inflate massively - which would be no bad thing!) whilst breastfeeding little BB all being well. If any of you are looking for nice nursing bras, get to La Senza quick as the assistant told me they are stopping the whole maternity range - boo.

Bit pooped now, so having a cuppa and a sit down.....

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Monday, November 9th 2009, 6:05pm

Hello ladies and thank you for a warm welcome,

Flic you are not alone with the spot problems, I also keep on getting new ones all the time. I just give up and as I definetly think its due to the hormones. Relaxing in front of the fire sounds lovely.

Klaudia what a terrible thing your friend is going through, can’t even imagine. I also feel in shock, didnt imagine something like that happening.

Steff I hope you are been pampered by your DH, you just dont deserve that kind of treatment, especially from your mom.

Claire take care of your feet, good luck in finding nice comfy shoes.

My DH has been home all day as he seems to have started with the flu, we pray it wont get worse and that I don't get it.
Betti

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Monday, November 9th 2009, 8:14pm

what a cold day...hmmmm

hi all,
hevent been in much as was working and working...
have read most of the msgs but now cant reply to all....sorry everyone

i am going for a tamiflu jab tomorrow ..its really important as i am with patients all the time...am a dentist
hopefully i dont have any side effects but my sis(she is a jr doctor) had really high fever and flu after that....so lets see

ICSI aug 09:BFP:
:dancing:
6w+1 day scan [zx076] [zx076] OMG

am having a girl and a boy bab10 bab11

chalmers206

Superstar

Monday, November 9th 2009, 10:04pm

hi all,

Just been out shopping with dh looking at cots, they are really nice but we have not made our mind up yet what one we like.

Pooky- whats the tamiflu jag?, let us know how you get on x

roxy7

Star

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 1:36am

Hi ladies, I'm sleepless again, hunger woke me up and I've just had a pint of milk and slice of wholemeal toast (DP who makes all our bread makes me a special low sugar one cos of my gestational diabetes!). Feel better now.

I've been trying to remember all that's been going on - so active on here.

Steff, my mother pushes all my buttons too, so I can empathise. We had a bit of a shouting match today (i feel like my son and I play "last fiddle" to her commitments to her elderly mother and her brother, who shares their mother's care). I always end up with the dregs of any time she has left over even though I realise she has a lot on and try to be patient and compromising. I don't know about you, but I feel especially needy of my mother during pregnancy. Unfortunately, the mother I need often isn't the mother I have in real life! :snigger: (I need the ideal mother who is there at the drop of a hat, being lovely and supportive and with no other agendas!) It's tough and I hope you can sort it out.

Klaudia, having experienced a missed miscarriage myself, I have some idea of what your friend might be going through. It's so awful.

The other stuff: shoes, bras, boobs and jabs! That's what I can remember!

When any of you guys finds a comfy pair of shoes, please let me know (I hate shopping). I am deffo gonna need a pair of slip ons at some stage as I'm huffing and puffing already when I have to bend down to tie my laces.

Jess, I smiled at your comment about boobs and breastfeeding. I've just dug out all my old nursing bras and they range in size from a 36B to a 40D, just to give you some idea of how your boobs might change during the course of your breastfeeding experience! I'm normally a 34A and am currently in a 36C..... I have to say they are NOT sexy and I'm feeling very envious of your lacey ones from La Senza (maybe this is why DP and I haven't had sex recently - ot maybe it's just the enormous belly that I'm wearing???). With this in mind, I may even brave a trip to the dreaded Meadowhell shopping centre. Well, I will if I know I can find some decent shoes at the same time - two trips in one year would be too much!

Today, I am not having the sswine flu vaccine - I wonder how I'll feel about it tomorrow :snigger:

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 9:26am

Morning all,

Wow - again, I don't come on here for a couple of days and already I can't keep up!

Steff - Love you sweet. You focus on you, bump and DH. Balls to everone else :D

BB - Loving the fact we can rely on you for a crappy joke in the midst of crisis :snigger:

Betti - welcome :D

Hi to everyone else too but too far behind now to do individuals.

I had a very tiring day on Friday at the NEC Crafts day. About a 17 hour day in total and I was shattered on Saturday but it was worth it. Bought loads of bits even though I was meant to be being sensible :snigger:
Fireworks on saturday, meal at my bestest friends on Sunday and relaxing day yesterday. Went to our local savacentre and sainsburys was having a 25% off clothing thing so got 3 sleepsuits, 7 babygrows, 1 outdoor suit thingy, a 4 piece set with a bib, jacket, t-shirt and trousers and a pack of 7 bibs all for £27 which I thought was a right bargin. Think I am going to stop buying now until we know the flavour and then the spending can commence in ernest!

Spoke to my manager this morning over the phone about my decision not to take the promotion. He said that he thought it was the wrong decision and tried to make me feel bad - they so know how to make me do what they want me to do but I kept strong and tried to explain my thinking as best I can. They said they will extend my temporary promotion for another 2 months though just in case I change my mind. I won't but the extra money for another 2 months will be very handy :D

Also, might try and hunt down the lying toad that said you bloom in the 2nd tri at lunch time and pinch them really really hard. What a fib is that!!!!!!! My skin is blotchy and itchy, my back aches, I look plain fat rather than pg and I have resorted to getting trainers with velcro on as bending down for the laces made me want to barf. Anyone want me to give him a pinch for them????????

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Dreams really can come true.......

Jess

Ace

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 11:14am

Oooo Vezza, please do - a massive ouchy pinchy pinch! I too am waiting to bloom :sadface:

Glad to hear you stuck to your guns with your boss. Enjoy that extra money though!

What goodies did you get from the craft fair? I guess you're one of those wonderfully creative people, unlike me!

Great bargain hunting too - if the weather wasn't so horrid here I'd pop round to our local S'burys and have a look.

Well, I have been a bit crafty today at least - have given the chest of drawers we found in the basement a couple of coats of base and primer and am now itching to get back to it with the final coat of eggshell. Only white, but looks better than it did and I think it'll be perfect for the nursery :D

I could use the time while I'm waiting to finish off my tax return, but why on earth would I want to do that when there are so many little bits and bobs that just simply must be done today :snigger:

It's so grotty and wet I have no plans to leave the house so off to potter I go .....
Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 11:37am

Yes vezza pinch them for me for feeling uncomfortable having a rash all over my itchy belly and not being able to sleep at night and feeling like a blueberry waiting to pop!!
that was good getting all that at sainsburys, i saw a baby grow bag thing in there a few months ago that i wanted so mybe thats reduced, il pop over there and have a look now!
Roxy, poor you on the sleep thing, its horrible isnt it i find it always happens when im the comfyest in bed and then i get really bad hunger pains in my belly so i have to force myself to get up and eat! try taking some biscuits to bed, but take a plate too as crumbs in the bed is not good! haha
Pooky, a lady i work for had the swine flu jab and few days after got ill with flu symptoms too. doesnt sound good to me, are u sure u want it?
Thanks Betti alltho no i didnt get pampered by DH. i cooked a roast while he played on the computor being a big child.
Jess that sounds good about finding that chest of drawers and that ur able to make use of them, but be careful about painting it urself cos of the paint fumes!! and that was also good about getting the bras but just wondering if they will still fit as yes ur boobs probably will get giant by the time your milk comes in!
Claire, i started to get tired again too, i think it comes and goes!
Flic that sounded nice a nice bath and sit in front of the fire before bed, i wish i had a fire i am jelous!
AFM im feeling really let down by everyone, its hard enough being pregnant, but my family are all horrible to me and DH isnt making me feel any better, i feel massive and and frumpy and hes making it alot worse by looking at other women naked on the internet.....yes how lovey, and i asked him to stop it twice since being pregnant, and has he? no! when i needed him to love and support me yesterday thats what he was doing, he sickens me!
feels like everythings going wrong at the moment.
My positive way of looking at it is ive seen how certain people can treat me when i need them the most so i wont expect them to treat me any better in the future and i wont be putting any effort into them now!
Why is life so hard sometimes?
Klaudia, hows ur friend now? have u spoken to her again?
Hope everyone else is doing good today , cuddles to all of u and ur bumps!!
xxxxxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 11:42am

:hi: everyone.

My poor mum's flight was horribly delayed yesterday, she was supposed to get to Bristol at 10.25pm, but instead got there just before 3am :8o:. Just waiting until I think it's late enough to check she got back home ok. I have a Drs appt tomorrow so hoping to see the little'uns again. The Dr. is so lovely I always like going :smile: .

Vezza, well done for the bargain shopping, bargain hunting is my favourite thing! (does it count as a hobby ?( )

Flic, when you go to that party, make sure you don't sit at a table, otherwise no one will be able to see your shoes! I'm off to a friend's 40th in just over a week and if my ankles are fat I will wear long boots (if I can stuff my feet in them :snigger: )

Jess, great tip about La Senza, I hope that I will be able to squeeze in a bit of UK shopping after my friend's party so will try and give it a look.

Betti, xfingers you don't get flu from your DP.

Pooky, hope you don't suffer with horrid side-effects when you have your jab.

Roxy, will let you know if I find comfy shoes, but then they might only be available in Germany. Germany is actually really good for the comfy, sensible (boring!) shoes, but trying to find anything a bit glam in anything other than black is practically impossible. DH and I go to a ball every year, and the number of women wearing gorgeous dresses with clunky, scruffy, old, black leather shoes is just amazing!

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 12:12pm

Veza- wow all that for £27- Im off to sainsburys after wk :)

Jess- well done for you refurbished works :)

Steff!! poor you!! Sounds like you can really do with some loving and caring at the moment.. About your DH going on internet- to be honest I put one of adults websites on my DH favourites and told him to enjoy it as I’m in no mood for any sexual activity now :snigger: I wouldn’t be worry huni about them looking - if its only on internet and he is only looking (for chatting to girls online I would kill him) that’s is typical man behaviour. Shame you live so far- I would invite you for nice girly evening with lots of chocks and long chat :chocs:- looks like you need it xx Nothing better that long moan about the less attractive half :)
About my friend- I sent her few messages but she didnt replay. She has the operation today :sniff:

Claire A - I just bought some Uggs on net- couldnt resist the comfy looks of them :)

Lots of love
xx
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Nov 10th 2009, 12:16pm)

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 1:29pm

Thanks Klaudia, yeah ur right thats what i need. i didnt used to be bothered but it was getting beyond a joke and i was feeling crappy about myself cos my body was changing and i asked him to stop it just so i wouldnt feel worse about myself for a bit an he promised he wud an its that he broke his promise and was doin it while i needed him to be there for me! never mind, il play some cruel tricks on him when he gets home haha.
and i think ur friend may need them chocs when shes ready!! :(
xxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 3:32pm

Hello everyone,

Well so it was finally our turn to the NF scan and I just couldn't stop crying it was such an emotional moment to actually see our lovely baby moving all around. Anyways glad DH came along considering he has the flu and very bad weather. We were told that everything it's just as it should and we have a Low risk of the baby being sick, nice just nice. Now the count down for the 30 week scan which seems so so far away.

Hope everyone is home keep warm.
Betti

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 3:36pm

oh yea I forgot to mention my due date was change to the 15 instead of the 17 of may,,off to change my ticker :D
Betti

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 5:21pm

Betti - Well done on your scan!! I don't get anymore scans :sadface:

Hello to everyone else!! Its proper crazy in here today!! I hate going to work cos I miss soooo much!

Well been to work today and now I'm shattered. My cankles have proper swollen up so my sexy shoes won't go on. I am thinking that I may have to be sensible at this party :bawl:

With the swine flu jab I know a lot of jabs give you symptoms after as your body has to produce the antibodies. I'm gonna have it.

Vezza love - what a bargain!!! I am sooooo impressed with all that stuff you bought!! I went to tesco the other day with DH and just kept picking up little girl stuff, and pretty tights and pretty shoes!!! I am hoping that she turns out like me with a fetish for handbags and shoes!

Baby has started moving when I stand up now, more when I'm sat or laid but definately having some movement in the day.

DH has just stuck some frozen pizza's in and topped them with loads of mushrooms. I really really fancy them tonight.

I tell you what though, I can't wait to climb into bed tonight!!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 6:22pm

Steff- Im sure you look beautifull :) Specially for your Dh- you have his baby in belly- Who can be more beautifull! x

Betti - Good to hear your scan went well - its great to see the little miracle.
But 30 weeks?! thats a long wait!!
In here you get 12 and then 20 weeks scan.
I booked private scan for 2 weeks time when I be 16 weeks..

Flic- You just made me have a pizza!! yummie!! Will get one as well lol

AFM: Just got my Angelsounds doppler today- couldnt fing the heart bit first but was looking in wrong place. After few minutes I found it and it is the best sound in the world.
Baby heart is pumping away and it is so reassuring to hear it

HAve nice evening ladies
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Nov 10th 2009, 6:23pm)

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: Beautiful daughter born 31/1/10

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 7:18pm

Hi Lasses,

I'm not sure but I think it's about the right time for me to move over to the third trimester chat....although it's quite scary over there :8o: Hope to see you all there soon....come and keep me company as most of them seem much further on than me!

Good luck iwth your pregnancies over the next few weeks and hear from you soon,
Cx

1st IVF May 2009 :BFP:
Beautiful girl born on due date 31/1/10.
2nd IVF started Oct 2012 but stopped due to miracle natural :BFP:
No foetal pole seen at 7w or 9w scan - ERPC at 12 wks :bawl:
3rd IVF May 2012 :BFP: perfect [zx076] seen at 7w2

chalmers206

Superstar

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 9:16pm

hi all,

flic- your pizza sounds great.

Clarabelle- we will miss you hun

Hi to everyone else.

Tonight dh and i have been clearing out some of our cupboard boy did we have a load of junk. We threw out 5 bin bags full of stuff.

I have decided to bite the bullet and go for the swine flu jag, my appointment is at 1.30 tomorrow. I am feeling pretty unwell today, i feel llike i am coming down with the cold. And i have a big ulcer or something at my right side of my mouth, its killing me. I have made an appointment to see the dentist on monday too. xx

Jess

Ace

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 7:26am

Just a quickie before I leave for work. I've had two days off and it's been lovely - really don't want to go back :sadface:

Clarabelle, have fun over there on the 3rd tri.

Flic & Klaudia - hope you enjoyed those pizzas!

Kat, do mention to your GP that you're not feeling so good as, often with vaccinations, they like you to be tip top before having it. I'm not sure with the swine one, but best to check I reckon.

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 12:57pm

Kat good luck with your vaccine. I started to clear out our spare room to make space for nursery - its amazing how many stuff we keep that we dont need..

AFM: Just booked our last holiday before the baby arrive. Going to Egypt in Jan (it is my B'day present from my DH - I have my B'day on boxing day
Was bit scared to go anywhere while pregnant but checked with MW etc and it is safe so looking forward to some sun :) :cheeers:
Klaudia

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 1:43pm

:happy: Hi everyone, hope you are all ok? Feel bit rough today..headache, sick etc...and someone has just rung up about my job being vacant, seems strange to hear it, get quite protective over it :snigger: guess i do leave in about 4.5 weeks so they better get a shift on!!! :8o:
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE