You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 8:27pm

Hello!

Welcome Fi!! I think they want you to tell them about the bleeding in case you actually miscarry as you will probably need to have an anti-d injection due to you being rh neg. However, spotting is normal in pregnancy. Usually around the time that AF should be due, so 4, 8 and 12 weeks. I had spotting early on about 7-8 weeks.

Vezza - I tell you, Midsomer Murders, a brew and a toffee apple. This will be my fun filled day tomorrow!! The sad thing is I am actually soooo looking forward to the toffee apple!!!

I want to decorate the nursery too but my Nana is still in the spare room so think we're doing it after Christmas too. I think I've decided on this flower fun stickers because they are big and bright and girly!! The other bedroom is just full of boys stuff so I want to make this one a little girls haven!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 8:42pm

OMG. My belly keeps twitching.

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 8:47pm

Flic im worried i maight be edging towards swine flu, DH has been very very ill for over a week, alot worse than normal flu he even had snot coming out of his eyes (i no gross!!) and he was stuck working away so couldnt see his doctor so he just had to cope, hes just getting better but he came home for the weekend and now i feel a bit rough and have a sore throat and im worried hes given it to me, im sure he might have had a mild case of swine flu, ive never seen anyone with normal flu go throo what hes been coping with. ive got a doctors appointment booked for tomorow but as i dont seem that bad she might just tell me to go home and rest.
its such a worrying thing isnt it.
has anybody else had the swine flu jab?
xxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 8:48pm

twitching? can u see it from the outside or u can just feel it?
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Jun 26th 2009

Children: Repromed

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 10:56pm

Hi Fi,

i also had brown spotting yesterday and i am also rhesus negative i went and saw my midwife and doctor and they said all was ok with baby but i just had to have a anti d injection got to have another at 28 weeks then after the baby is born doc also said that as long as it isnt bright red all should be ok so please try not to worry i no its hard as i was really stressed about it to.

Hope ok with everyone else and the dreaded swine flu stays away xx
Kelly xx

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 12:03am

Grrr! I am so sleepless. I went to bed at 8 and slept til 11 but have been tossing and turning since then. Belly is so tight and uncomfy.

Steff and Flic, I hope you're ok. I'm worrying a bit about swine flu. I decided not to have the vaccine as it's not been trialled enough for my liking but catching SF's a worry. I heard that it's riskiest for pregnant women at the end of their pregnancy.... who knows?

I'm Rh neg too - haven't been given any advice about anti-D when I was spotting earlier in this pregnancy - hope I'm ok!

Good grief there's so much to worry about.

Need some zzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "roxy7" (Nov 3rd 2009, 12:04am)

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 12:14am

hi all,

boy its been busy in here tonight.

Jess- you are lucky decorating the nursery, my dh is making me wait till after christmas too.

Regarding the swine flu jab what does everyone esle think?.
I am still really undecided as well as its not been tested enough. If it was just me i would have it, but i have my unborn child to think of and no-one knows what harm it can do to them.

I am just trying to stay clear of everyone with the cold, but i know i will probabyl get it anyway due to the weather. It was freezing tonight.

Its such a worry xx
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 2:03am

Quoted

I think I've decided on this flower fun stickers because they are big and bright and girly!! The other bedroom is just full of boys stuff so I want to make this one a little girls haven!!

Have you just given away the flavour?? Or is this a red herring??!!??

Jess

Ace

Reg: Feb 18th 2009

Children: One amazing 18mth old daughter.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 7:18am

I was wondering the same Chris - good old Flic has been referring to 'she' and 'her' quite a bit over her posts in the last few days - either letting it slip or a shoal of red herrings :snigger:!!!

Roxy, sorry you had trouble sleeping. I've been having the same - not every night but quite often. Annoying isn't it X(

:xxx3:
Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN
IVF#2 Aug 2009 :BFP:

Ellie Jean born 12/4/10 - our amazing little daughter

Reg: Jul 17th 2009

Children: William - born 16.05.2010 :)

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 10:28am

pmsl
Klaudia
IVF 2009- :BFP: my DS born may 2010 lurve
IVF 2013- :BFP: DD born 29.12.2013
Good luck everyone :xxx3:

chalmers206

Superstar

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 12:09pm

I was thinking the same thing, but didnt want to mention it :P

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 12:14pm

Hello everyone!!!

OK ok!! I have let slip!! Its so hard knowing and calling her it!! Yes we are having a girl!!! I'm not very good at keeping quiet and pretending!! Massive shock as DH has 4 boys so thought that he could only make boys!

Stef - I actually saw my belly move from the outside! Weird!!

With regards to the swine flu jab the one they're giving to pg women is not 'live' and so from what I've read is safe to have. If you have the jab your body creates antibodies which prevents you catching swine flu. These anti bodies are also passed down the placenta to the baby so the baby is protected too without the need for any jabs or anything. I think I've going to have the jab. My head office told me that there was a pg woman there who caught swine flu and ended up with pneumonia, which is something I really want to avoid.

Stef - Pleased you're going to the docs. Let me know what they say.

chalmers206

Superstar

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 12:18pm

hi flic,

What you like lol. I would fing it hard not to tell as well if i had found out the sex so dont worry.

thanks for the info about the jab, i still dont know cause they dont know the effects it could have on the baby do they?

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 1:09pm

:snigger: good old flic lol!!!
hello everyone hope you are all having a good day? Aussie girl i am also blood group negative and am booked to have my anti d injection on 8/12 i think it is, they also gave me a little card to carry round incase i fall over and bruise my tummy etc! they said that if the twins are a diff blood group to me when they come out then i will have to have another anti d injection, (this is to help further pregnancies) which would have to be a damn miriacle!!
its foul weather today, i think its supposed to be like this all week, X(
still feeling sick at night, and sooo tired i had hoped the sickness would have worn off by now, no such luck, was nearly sick last night also...just feel rotten every night, hey ho, only a few more weeks to go (not that im counting down or anything!)
you all have a lovely day and take care you and your bumps xx
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 1:23pm

Afternoon all,

Flic - you do make me laugh!!!

BB - that's not good that you are still feeling sick. How many weeks not until you stop work? Must be about 8 is it?

Roxy - Hope you are snoozing away and happily dribbling on your pillow :D

Kat - How you doing today chick?

Steff - hoping that you have not got the dreaded lurgie! You take good care of yourself now!

Klaudia - blowkiss

AFM - I woke up with a shocking headache so I wimped out of going to work and am at home nursing me head and doing little jobs around the house. I think I might have got myself a little stressed about talking to my boss which is stupid I know but I hate to disappoint people.
I have spent some time this morning updating my Twinkle Spreadsheet (total organised freak I know :8o: ) and realised that all the stuff we have so far has cost me the grand old total of £11.84. Check that out!!!!! We have been so spoilt by others and also DH's stepmum has knitted loads. DH got a bonus this month too so that is in the savings account and will pay for the travel system. All coking together nicely.

ok, head is hurting again so going to get some lunch and a drink.

love to all

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Dreams really can come true.......

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 1:24pm

Hello,

I know I know! Trust me to drop myself in it!! Oh well!

From what I understand Kat the jab shouldn't do anything to the baby as the one they give to pregnant women is similar to the normal flu jab which they give to pregnant women. My Docs don't even know when they're getting it in!

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 2:35pm

:happy: vessa i finish on the 11th dec i sooooo cant wait, fed up working full time and feeling sick 24/7.....im leaving the full 29 weeks......i would of tried and worked a bit closer but when they said to be ready from xmas onwards im not risking working xx
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 2:52pm

Vezza - I'm sorry you're feeling rubbish. I hate headaches.

BB - I'm so jealous of the whole finishing work before Christmas! I've taken my last lot of holidays from 17th December to 4th Jan and then back for a couple of weeks and then taking my 23 days holiday before maternity starts.

Vezza, I am impressed with your £11.74!! We spent 55 quid on a steriliser set that had been reduced and has everything in it, and 7 quid on a teddy. My Mum bought the pram and work bought the baby gro's!! I'm not looking forward to when we have to actually spend some proper money on stuff, like cot and nursery and stuff. Well, not 'not' looking forward because I want to get everything now but you know what I mean.

DH is working till late tonight so I'm on my own as my Nana has gone to my cousins. So gonna enjoy my toffee apple with a brew me thinks while watching Midsomer, and then will probably have an early night. I can't believe how shattered I am.

chalmers206

Superstar

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 3:48pm

Oh well will need to have a real think about the jag.

Vezza- you are lucky only spending that amount. I dread to think what i have spent, think i should have shares in mothercare and asda by now. I spend about £30 a week or more in mothercare on wee bits and bobs.

I have every unisex suit in asda lol, The only things we need to buy now is the crib and the nursery furniture which is the biggest part. We are doing that after christmas, so we are still saving for that.

Its unreal the price of baby tihngs, but i thought its better to buy wee bits and bobs rather than buying it all in the one go.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 4:17pm

Oh I want to start buying stuff too!!
I heard we should wait until 6 months before we can start :sadface:

Luckily I have lots of friends with small babies so I keep buying them stuff and it make me feel better lol
Klaudia

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 5:04pm

Hello,

Vezza - I had my toffee apple and it was lush. A little tough to get through the toffee but oh my days, it was soooo worth it!!

Klaudia - Go buy a little something! Even if its just a teddy or something!

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 5:52pm

Haha Vezza, the lurgie,and to all who asked, i am feeling fineish now, i think my body is doing a rly good job of fighting it off its just slightly coming and going throughout the day but not coming to much so i cancelled the docs appointment didnt wanna waste there time. i think it might go away on its own!
and flic thats weird about seeing the baby move, tell her to do it now just for me! haha even tho i cant see it.
And u just cant stop thinking about that tofee apple can u! haha.
Hello everyone else!!!
xxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 6:17pm

Stef - That toffee apple was the best. Luckily DH bought me 2 so I'm going to have the other one tomorrow!! And she is kicking just for you!! It is soooooo strange. All I can think is that its because she has long legs.

Well I've just had a bath and put my pj's on! Gonna have another glass of orange I think to boost my vitamin c and then DH also bought me a load of grapes which are rather nice so gonna polish them off I think!

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 7:50pm

mines kicking stronger today it started the other night its not kicking as often but when it does its alot harder, i find out the sex on friday cant wait!!!!
xxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

fijamez

Reg: Jul 6th 2008

Children: Manc MFS

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 8:18pm

hi girlies

thanks for teh support - was rushed in for an emergency injection of antigen today (aparantly they have to give it within 72 hrs so lucky the letter telling me im rh neg arrived last night!!)

they did say its only precautionary though and werent worried about bleeding before 12 weeks

There seem to be plenty of us with rh neg - so much for it only being 13% of the population!!

Also had a scan (private) today so saw Bubbles waving and squirming - my earlier scans were 8&9 wks so it was nice to see something that looked more like a baby than an alien frog!

Klaudia did you give in and buy anything - I keep looking at stuff but to be honest it is going to take a while to organise the house so there is some space (all cupboards already full so need a clear out)

Take care all
6 x IUI :BFN: sep 08-may 09

moved on to IVF Aug 09 :BFP: - scan 23/9 [zx075]

Keep the Faith :heart:

Fi xxx
[zx078]

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: Beautiful daughter born 31/1/10

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 10:13pm

Hi lasses,

I'm rhesus -ve too!! I'm getting my first anti-D injection next Tuesday, not looking forward to that! I've been getting really sore pain in my groin and hip joints, am worried that it's this pelvic problems some pregnant ladies get...anyone know anything? I'm going to phone the mid-wife tomorrow about it.

I haven't bought very much as everyone wants to get us things so I have a list and am going to get most of it for Christmas I think. That said I think I'll order some cute little clothes soon - finding it hard to resist!!

Hope everyone has had a good day, been to a spa today in a floatation tank - really lovely and relaxing.

Cx

1st IVF May 2009 :BFP:
Beautiful girl born on due date 31/1/10.
2nd IVF started Oct 2012 but stopped due to miracle natural :BFP:
No foetal pole seen at 7w or 9w scan - ERPC at 12 wks :bawl:
3rd IVF May 2012 :BFP: perfect [zx076] seen at 7w2

Jess

Ace

Reg: Feb 18th 2009

Children: One amazing 18mth old daughter.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 8:19am

Morning morning.

Flic, glad that toffeee apple was sooooo good! And that your little gymnast is keeping active.

Fijamez, sorry you had to be rushed in for injection - good they're looking after you though. Best to have these things monitored and hopefully nowt else will be needed. How lovely you had a scan too. It's amazing how much the little ones grow isn't it!

Steff, glad you're feeling better, hope the last of that bug leaves swiftly.

AFM - DH and I had dinner with FIL last night - he's really got into cooking recently and we had roast beef and all the trimmings - great roasties, cauli cheese and yorkies - OMG what a treat for a Tuesday night!

I've got two seminars to go to today so got a bit of a lie in which was lovely. Good to be out of the office but I hope I manage to stay awake! DH is away tonight, so just lil ol me. Think I might have a nice bath and paint my toenails while I can still reach them!

Hope you all have a good day.

:xxx3:
Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN
IVF#2 Aug 2009 :BFP:

Ellie Jean born 12/4/10 - our amazing little daughter

Reg: Jun 26th 2009

Children: Repromed

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 8:48am

Hi Everyone hope all is well with you all.

Clarabelle i have problems with my pelvis (symphysis pubis dysfunction) to i had it with my last child when i was 7months it came on i couldnt walk and was put on bed rest till i was taken in for a c-section once i had him it went the doc wasnt sure if i would get it this time but i have only very ealry on this time which is a pain my left side hurts most of the day and walking makes it hurt to that is why we have decided to go for a c-section a week before my due date you can get some physio done so speak to your midwife or doc about that but just resting seems to help alot with mine at the moment hope you get answers hun xx

Went for a look around Babiesrus today so many nice things to get in there so glad hubby was with me to stop me buying. Going to look at booking a 4D scan for just after xmas have found a place that do a 20min scan with DVD for $200 (about 90 pounds) and they also tell you the sex which i want to no hubby not to sure at the mo.

Anyway had better go get kids sorted for bed speak soon girls xx
Kelly xx

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 10:49am

Morning ladies!!

Stef - Ooooh, Friday is only 2 more sleeps away!!! You must PM me!!! Pleased LO is kicking you more now. Its such a strange feeling isn't it.

Fi - How nice that you had another scan! Its wonderful seeing baby actually there are real!!

Clarabelle - I have only just recently looked at your ticker!! I can't believe you have only 88 days to go!!! Ooooh, I really want to go to a spa for a bit of a pamper. Where did you go?

Jess - mmmmm, We went to the in laws the other day and had a full roast, I love them. Proper food!!

Kelly - You'll have to let us know when you get your 4D scan and post some pics!!!

AFM DH is working till early hours tonight and I have a committee meeting at 7 tonight in town which to be honest I'm not looking forward to. I'm shattered today too. Just got out of the shower and made an attempt to look semi normal but I don't think its worked.

Really really fancy a McDonalds Chocolate Milkshake. Hmmmmmm.

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: Beautiful daughter born 31/1/10

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 10:57am

Hi lasses,

Flic, it's a local spa on a different island. It was really lovely and relaxing, even fell asleep when floating but woke up with my own snoring.... :O I can't believe it's only 88 days either, I'll be moving over to the 3rd tri soon..... :8o:

It's an awful day up here, it's so windy the ferries have stopped running, so even if I wanted to go anywhere I couldn't!

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Cx

1st IVF May 2009 :BFP:
Beautiful girl born on due date 31/1/10.
2nd IVF started Oct 2012 but stopped due to miracle natural :BFP:
No foetal pole seen at 7w or 9w scan - ERPC at 12 wks :bawl:
3rd IVF May 2012 :BFP: perfect [zx076] seen at 7w2

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:05am

Ooooh, I bet it was lovely. 3rd Tri is sooooo soon!!!

I was counting and its only about 7 weeks away for me too! Scary stuff!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:29am

?( when is 3rd tri?
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:31am

Well, on my NHS thing it says 26 weeks, but then others say 29 weeks. So to be honest, I'm not too sure!!!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:46am

?( oooh.........i don't know then!!! maybe i'll google :snigger:
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:49am

Let me know what you find!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:54am

?(well some sites say 29-40 weeks and others say 27-40 weeks!!! so really not much bleeding help :snigger:
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 12:00pm

I just looked at the sub forums and under 3rd tri it says week 29 - 40 so I'm thinking when we're 28 weeks we'll be in week 29!

Its so confusing this pregnancy malarky!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Flic" (Nov 4th 2009, 12:01pm)

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 12:17pm

Fijamez- Good to hear your scan went well - its amazing to see how much baby change in couple of weeks :)

Jess- Good luck on your seminars today

I like the debate about 3rd trimester - I only just got to 2nd and happy to be in same trimester as the "big" girls :snigger: Make me feel very much pregnant lol

AFM: I think I have to buy nose plugs – I have a super nose!! My God I can smell absolutely everything around me.
And its not a good thing!! Girl in office have curry for her lunch and i feel like she is cooking it inside my mouth!!
Make me feel very sick again....
PS Im going shopping with my DH on Friday - as I havent got the nursery sort out yet I want to buy some nice storage chest so I can start to buying little bits and bobs - stuff the 6 months waiting :snigger:

Hope you all ok
xx
Klaudia

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "inik29" (Nov 4th 2009, 12:20pm)

chalmers206

Superstar

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 1:08pm

hi all,

Jess- good luck for the seminars

flic- good luck for the meeting tonight.

inink29- yes just buy things the now its great
xx

well i am not doing much today had a pretty restless night last night never got to sleep till about 5am. So i am having a lazy day, i think i am coming down with the cold too as my nose is running and i have a really sore head. I just feel really tired xx

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 1:37pm

Hi Girls and bumps glad to see that you are all getting on well. I think if you feel like buying baby things then you should and then you can enjoy looking at them. I have only this week and next to work and then I stop for 8 months. It can't come quick enough. As for third tri I'm neally there. Only one and a bit weeks it is so scary to see that time is flying by so quickly. Hope that you all have a good rest of the week.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 1:44pm

?( arr Christine so you go by week 29 for your 3rd tri!!!
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 2:15pm

Hello All,

BB - We have the Answer!!!

I know its a bit out there and rather early but is anyone thinking about or wondering about having a home birth??

Vezza

Star

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 2:17pm

Hi all,

BB - but is the 3rd tri dates different since you are a twinny mummy??? Just to add extra confusion ?( I will be going from what it says on the sub-forum things hang the NHS stuff. FZ'ers know everything and that it my stance forever :snigger:

Flic - Cheers girly - now I REALLY want a toffee apple :bawl: Will your DH bring one down to me? Pretty please with a cherry on top :snigger:

Kat - This not sleeping lark is no fun huh. I reckon it is our bodies getting us used to never sleeping again in our lives. People keep asking if I am having any cravings. My answer, "yes, sleep!"

Klaudia - get buying hun! Dh started by not allowing anything in the house. I have worn him down now and there is stuff everywhere in the spare room 88)

I have just got back from the osteopath and flipin heck that hurt today! Went to a specialist maternity clinic and the tutors there were FAB! They did all the manipulation with me sitting up and managed to get right into the bit where it hurts. Very sore now but I think it is going to help which is wonderful. She was lovely as well and started by saying that from what she understands this is an extra special pregnancy which I thought was just so sweet - daft huh!
She did agree that this will only get worse as the pregnany progresses but said that it probably would have happened whatever my weight and that super skinny people also have the same problems which made me feel better too. Also said that she was impressed with my pain threshold which I have always thought was high but it is kinda nice to have someone else say that. I tend to go into my little place when things hurt and she kept telling me that I should express the pain rather than block it out. But she said that this goes sound positive for labour :8o: Can't believe she mentioned the labour word!!!! So all in all, hurts but was good. Work have been really shitty with me about not going in yesterday and I even got upset this morning but now after a swift talking to from my friend in HR I am back on an even keel.

Us Preggie girlies have all the fun huh :snigger:

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Vezza

Star

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 2:20pm

Flic - my m/w asked me on my first visit. No thank you!!! I want to be in hospital with trained dr's and nurses rather than at home with DH and the dog.

Also, I have a cream carpet! Just not practical :snigger:

Joking apart - I can see why people would want to and I think that some ladies on the 3rd tri are having a home birth but it is not for me. I don't want to stay in hospital though so you might hear on the news of a crazy lady breaking out of a hospital in kent in April. That will be me :D

x

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 2:35pm

Hi Vezza!

Oooooh, sounds painful, but in a good way!

See I thought about all that, the drugs and the trained docs and the cream carpet. But I really hate hospitals and I'm a bit worried that I'll be worse off if I go to hospital. And I'm terrified of giving birth in the car. And I think I'd rather just have the midwives there rather than a million other people. I just think I'd be more relaxed at home. DH is dead against it 'you'll make a mess, you'll scare the cats etc etc!' I like the idea of being able to get back into bed after and have a nice shower in my own shower!

Hmmmm

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 2:51pm

Flic- what about the birthing centre? I want to have my baby in one of them. You have your own room, and only one mw is looking after you.

I love mine Hospital because -one floor is the birthing centre and next floor is the proper labour ward so I can start in BC but If i need epidural or anything is wrong they will take you on ward.
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Nov 4th 2009, 2:52pm)

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 2:56pm

Hi Klaudia, we don't have a birthing centre here. I just don't like the idea of loads of doctors and people being there when she comes into the world. I want it to be relaxing, not medical. Thats great that they can transfer you if needs be.

The other thing that worries me is that the hospital is about 15 miles away.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 3:00pm

:snigger: i wanted a home birth, but obv can't have one now :snigger:....esp as having a c section, i must admit i'm gonna be a bad patient i wont wanna be in hosptial for too long, i only live about 5 mins away so that will annoy me! !you had better give me your mobile numbers so i can text you all!!! i think ill be in about 5 days they said :snigger: but least i'll be with betty n boop, i just hope they don't come too early and i have to leave them in SCBU for a few weeks :bawl: i'd hate to come home without them, but who knows what will happen, the beauty of having twins :snigger:
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 3:04pm

I think you just hear so many horror stories about hospitals and horrible midwives and to be honest the whole process of labour scares me so to have someone there telling me off and what I should and shouldn't be doing while examining me under lights etc just makes me feel worse.

Oooo BB - 5 days!!!!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 3:11pm

Flic- I know what you mean, I may even consider the home birth if I wouldn’t be that terrified that if anything be wrong and we don’t get to hospital on time It would be my fault. I would feel more confident in hospital...

I was watching (actually I’m addicted to it) the Home Birth On discovery Health and all woman’s there had lovely experiences and it all looks very cosy and lovely, I think Im just to big chicken to do it on my own at home whoops3

Betty - do you have date for C section yet?
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Nov 4th 2009, 3:11pm)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE