You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Monday, June 19th 2006, 10:54am

Anterior Placenta

What does this mean?? I have one and not sure what it exactly means!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:08am

dont quote me but i think it means upper or high. im sure bells or lorri could answer it. have you tried 'asking eeyore'???? :))

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:08am

It means its at the front rather than the back. It also means you are less likely to feel baby kick, unless you feel it at the side, or an extra strong one!!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:10am

In most pregnancies, the placenta is implanted on the back wall (posterior). In your case, it is situated on the front wall (anterior). This is unusual, but not unheard of. It is certainly nothing to worry about.

ah! just found this also! so i was wrong sorry! :))

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rhinosaz
It means its at the front rather than the back. It also means you are less likely to feel baby kick, unless you feel it at the side, or an extra strong one!!

This could explain why I don't have kicks every day then...? I do feel them, but not all the time. I feel BHs every day though!

Saz

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:17am

Yes. I had anterior placenta, and never really felt kicks at the front. They were mainly to the side, and only felt them when she was much bigger.

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:20am

That's reassured me then. I worry I don't get kicks all the time.

Did you find you had more BHs lower down then?

Saz

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:28am

I just seemed to have a lot of BH's, but yes, did feel them lower!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Monday, June 19th 2006, 11:31am

Ah, it all makes sense now, thanks Saz

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 2:59pm

Have been getting 'thumping' feelings in my stomach - not just in the knickerline area, but kinda to the right of my bump - feels a little like kicking but not like the ones I've had before.

Also I am getting what feels like BHs under and around knickerline area every day and nearly all the time. Nothing which worries me but why do I get more of these than kicks?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE