You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "dream2bmom" started this thread

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One miracle growing big in my belly :-)

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 3:10pm

no Movement at 17 weeks

Hey everyone, I know I am still pretty early to feel the baby moving. But I have definitely felt the baby move everyday for the passed 5-6 days. It would always be when i layed down and stretched. Since yesterday morning I havent felt the baby move all when doing this. I am poking my belly and trying to feel just one flutter and I cant. Im sorry, i am such a worrier but can you ladies tell me if this is normal?? I am nervous b/c i started a new antibiotic called Flagyl last week and am scared it could be harming the baby. Thank you!!!!
Me24 DH26
TTC 2 year

one little angel in heaven xoxoxo

May 09' Natural- :BFP:
Its a BOY baby7

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 3:12pm

RE: no Movement at 17 weeks

have a read of this thread hun

How do I know if movement or not?

Personally I don;t feel my baby every day at the moment. Some days it seems to go crazy in there and other days I don;t feel it at all.

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JENSQUI" (Aug 20th 2009, 3:14pm)

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: Apr 2009- Suprise Natural BFP!!!

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 3:24pm

I didn't definately feel the baby until after 18 weeks. I'm now almost 21 weeks and feel him/her more regularly.

There were odd movements (bubbling feelings) around week 17 but not every day. I hoped it was baby moving but convinced myself it was more likely to be wind! :snigger:

My MW said that with a first baby it was often after 18 weeks before baby moved and could be more like 24 weeks. I went to the Drs as I was worried about not gaining weight and a million other silly things (as well as some genuine stabbing pains that were really uncomfortable!) and she found the heartbeat for me, I was around 14 weeks at this point. It was really reassuring. The midwife also checked the heart beat again for me around 17 weeks... could you get an appointment?

I'm sure the antibiotics are fine. My stabbing pains were diagnosed as possible urine infection so I had to take antibiotics for it. Turns out there was no infection so I stopped taking the tablets and worried myself sick I'd harmed the baby. The things we put ourselves through!!!

Go easy on yourself- and perhaps see if you can get the midwife to check the heart beat. I'd like to say you worry less as you progress but I'm 21 weeks and still paranoid! xxx
[/align]

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 3:32pm

thank you jensqui!

dilly, I just made an appt. with midwife for next tuesday. I dont even want to let my DH know what I am worried about now. hehehe :snigger: he is probably so sick of the what if's by now and i am not even to the half way point. Congrats to you on your 20 week mark! your more than halfway through now :D Thanks for the input. I need to keep myself busy and keep my mind off of it.
Me24 DH26
TTC 2 year

Its a BOY baby7

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 6:27pm

This sounds very normal to me

I was 19 weeks before I felt definate movement and then it was a good few days before I felt anymore, Iv realised LO has active days and quiet days, Active days are fun and quiet days I worry myself silly :snigger:

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, August 21st 2009, 8:03am

I started to feel mine move at 16 weeks but I'd feel lots of movement one day and then nothing for days on end. I think it depends where the baby is lying and which way it is facing, if it's facing the wrong way then it can be wriggling like crazy but you can't feel it. Even now when the movements are much stronger and more like kicks I can go a day or two feeling nothing and then the next day (usually when my bladder is full) he kicks the hell out of me. It's normal at this stage which is why they don't ask you to count kicks until 32 weeks.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Friday, August 21st 2009, 2:19pm

Thank you!!! I think I am just paronoid about everything :D
Me24 DH26
TTC 2 year

Its a BOY baby7

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, August 21st 2009, 5:33pm

You are not alone, I decided everything was all over last week because I had indigestion! To be fair it didn't feel like indigestion until I took Gaviscon for the heartburn and it sorted out the pain I was worried about as well.

Thank god I hadn't had the chance to make another Drs appointment I think they draw straws as to who gets to deal with me next!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: Apr 2009- Suprise Natural BFP!!!

Friday, August 21st 2009, 6:54pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Grace
Thank god I hadn't had the chance to make another Drs appointment I think they draw straws as to who gets to deal with me next!

:snigger:
[/align]

Friday, August 21st 2009, 10:39pm

:snigger: that would be the same for me too b/c i begged for an appt. for today instead of next tuesday. they got me in after 2 phone calls.... heheehhe! Baby was fine, heart rate in the 130's. My DH thinks im crazy. I will blame this on the hormones.
Me24 DH26
TTC 2 year

Its a BOY baby7

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Friday, August 21st 2009, 10:48pm

glad everything was ok

blowkiss

Friday, August 21st 2009, 11:54pm

Thank you!!
Me24 DH26
TTC 2 year

Its a BOY baby7

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE