You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "dream2bmom" started this thread

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One miracle growing big in my belly :-)

Friday, August 7th 2009, 10:37pm

Nervous about infection

I just got a call from my doctors office saying that the swab they took from me on wednesday came back positive for bacteria, called gardnerella. They told me that they were going to send out an antibiotic for me but cant take it until i reach 16 weeks. which is in another week. Have any of you ladies had this? is it safe to take an antiniotic when pregnant at this early of the second trimester? I am nervous that the pills will harm my baby but at the same time the bacteria can cause pre-term labor if its severe. Please help!
Me24 DH26
TTC 2 year

one little angel in heaven xoxoxo

May 09' Natural- :BFP:
Its a BOY baby7

Eli

Ace

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Children: 2 Girls

Saturday, August 8th 2009, 8:07am

Hi Dream2bmom,
Please try not to worry, i know it is easyer said than done.
I had 2 weeks of antibaiotic at the begining of my pregnancy, and i was asured by the obsteatrician that it is safe.
I am sure that they now what is best for you.
Look at it from another side, atleast you had a swab and you found out what the problem is and it can be treated. My hospital does not do swabs unles you have symptoms, so i had to make up symptoms to get checked :O (my results will be ready monday).
:hugs:
Good luck
Eli
Me 32, DH 34

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, August 8th 2009, 11:32am

It's absolutely safe for you to take the antibiotics during pregnancy and it won't harm your baby. You're quite right in saying that leaving this untreated has a risk of premature delivery and other complications so it's ESSENTIAL that you take the treatment the doctor has prescribed.

• "dream2bmom" started this thread

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One miracle growing big in my belly :-)

Saturday, August 8th 2009, 3:30pm

Thank you. I feel much better!
Me24 DH26
TTC 2 year

one little angel in heaven xoxoxo

May 09' Natural- :BFP:
Its a BOY baby7

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE