You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lizzy25" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Friday, July 10th 2009, 8:46pm

movements

Hello ladies, hope you don't mine me invading your 3rd tri board. Not quite ready for here yet but getting close......

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is if any of you had noticed daily changed in babys movement? I've been a bit concerned the last few days. Ive had several days in a row of serious big kicks which can last for ages as baba plays around. Love watching it. Last few days they haven't felt as strong. Wed I hardly felt it at all. DH suggested it was taking a chill day after all its athletics over the previous days. Since wed its been really active and seems to be having a great time in there but it just doesnt feel so strong.

Im sure its fine, its certainly moving lots (like now) but I guess I just wanted some reassurances that others have noticed this too. I had thought after the last week that this was the really big thumps starting.

Thanks ladies and see you in a few weeks

xxxx
Sept '08 1st IVF :BFN:
Jan '09 2nd IVF :BFP: bab10
Dec '11 3rd IVF :BFN: 1xfrostie
June '12 failed thaw
Nov '12 4th IVF :BFN: 3 snow babies

Reg: Nov 3rd 2008

Children: Mum to Cody Charles

Friday, July 10th 2009, 9:37pm

Hi Lizzy,

me and a couple of other girls went through the exact same experience at the same time as you in terms of weeks. Space restrictions def change the kind of movement you get, somewhere around that time my LO's lovely big kicks turned from solid shoves to much more stretchy squiggly, turning type movements which were more subtle for a start and slowly built up again in intensity and even small turns get more and more visible on your tummy. Or it could be that bubs changed position to somewhere you can't feel as well as where he/she was before - or if you have been extra busy and running round you might just have been less aware of it.

I was told by my obstetrican not too worry too much about counting kicks and movement until post 32/33 weeks, but I know I also got very stressed at one point as things felt soooo much more quiet. I had a doppler which helped as a relief as I could check the heartbeat when I needed to - don't feel timid about going to see your midwife and getting them to listen and check for you everything still sounds like it should, its better than leaving yourself strung out with worry. And its very natural to worry. New parents talk about watching their baby sleep and being paranoid they are still breathing when they get very quite and still. Its the same thing, except when they are inside its more frustrating isn't it - you cant just watch closely or poke and get a reaction for reassurance but worry just the same!

My Ob suggested that if I was worried, try drinking a big really ice cold drink to get them awake/moving, have the drink and wait quietly for like 30 mins. Probably a bit of a cold shock for LO but it can help initiate movement.
IVF/ISCI Nov08 BFP Cody born 8/09
FET-Oct & Dec10 BFN
IVF/ICSIJun11 BFP

• "lizzy25" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Friday, July 10th 2009, 10:28pm

Thanks Deidre, really apprecaite it :smile:
Sept '08 1st IVF :BFN:
Jan '09 2nd IVF :BFP: bab10
Dec '11 3rd IVF :BFN: 1xfrostie
June '12 failed thaw
Nov '12 4th IVF :BFN: 3 snow babies

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 9:31am

Hi,

Just bring up this old thread as I too have noticed a real change in movements in the last few days and just wanted a little bit of reassurance.

I am 30 weeks (today) and up until yesterday I have been enjoying regular, thumping, breath catches in your throat type kicks. On Monday I was having a bath and felt and saw my LO change positions in my belly. It was so weird to see my stomach moving like that. Since then it has gotten really quiet and instead of feeling kicks (like 20 strong ones after lunch) it's now soft, more subtle movements with maybe only two felt in an hour. I am feeling subtle movements/shifts in position but I am a little worried that while I am feeling ocassional kicks that are A LOT less than it was only a few days ago.

I didn't expect the change in movement patterns to happen so quickly.

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 10:05am

Hi all

I think this is another one of those things that is different for everyone. I can go nearly all day without noticing anything at all only for my LO to wake up the minute I go to bed! Yesterday was a great example of this and just as I start to worry he/she reassures me with his/her presence. The further you go on the less room they have to move around anyway so I think it is normal for the amount of movement to change.

I think the general advice is to check in with your ante natal clinic if you haven't noticed anything for 24 hours, most hospitals seem more than happy to have you in and pop you on the monitor for reassurance.

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 2:51pm

Hiya,

Gracie is right, if you are in doubt at all speak to you mw.

My LO stopped moving at 29 weeks, or rather I just couldn't feel her moving. She wasn't kicking any organs or anything. I also think she sort of ran out of room. Things get so cramped in there.

The mw at hospital told me there should be a about 10 movements in 12 hours. But again, every baby is different!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 2:55pm

I also think she sort of ran out of room. Things get so cramped in there!

That would be my thoughts too.

Think about it, when you're in a sleeping bag you can't put as much energy into kicking as you can't move your leg back for the backswing.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 3:22pm

Just to prove every baby and pregnancy is different, for the last 8 or so weeks my LO has moved almost 24/7 (even wriggling when it sleeps, apparently!) and most of the movements are big and quite painful.
I had a trace done on Tuesday, and my uterus is already contracting regularly, getting ready for D-Day. The midwife said the contractions were big enough that I ought to be able to feel them, but I can't because the baby's movements are masking them! We couldn't tell if the baby was moving so much BECAUSE of my contractions or not though - the trace didn't seem to show any real patterns.

They certainly weren't concerned about the level of movements I am getting - in fact they seemed pleased that I was feeling the baby so much. I think they just want to know if you feel nothing for longer than 24 hours. You should be feeling at least 10 movements a day by all accounts.

Hope this helps

:xxx3:
January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

Reg: May 28th 2009

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 3:30pm

Thanks for the comments everyone. I am certainly feeling more than 10 movements a day, but was use to feeling them almost 24/7 and the sudden change in pattern and frequency was quite disconcerting.

Oh course last night, LO's strong kicks made a reappearance and I got about 30 kicks in the space of about 10 minutes - and felt internally bruised as a result! During the day, there may be a few kicks but the majority of movements now feel like she is shifting position.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE