You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "chickapea" started this thread

Reg: Jan 1st 2008

Monday, June 1st 2009, 9:05am

nearly had my baby!

well what a performance! yesterday, I changed from my usual jolly self into a nasty cow who would have made satan run away! I started having mild contractions about five o clock, they fell into a pattern of two mild ones then one nasty (made me cry) one, and the nasty ones were about twenty mins apart, with the mild ones in between. so I phone the hospital, they tell me to ignore the mild ones and to time the nasty ones and then let them know when they are five mins apart so there I was with my watch, and at midnight they stopped! just vanished! couldn't believe it, as they had been so painful and were definately not the braxton hicks cos they felt like I was being crushed around the back and belly and boy were they painful!
so now I am in limbo, my belly feels tender, my DF has run off to work before I bite his head right off, and I am wondering what on earth was occuring!
does this happen much, and is it a sign that labour is iminent? or was the big guy upstairs having a bit of a giggle with me?????
Got a BFP! 16/10/08 Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, June 1st 2009, 9:25am

It's probably the start of the process before labour, the part where your cervix begins to change from a long tube into a short, flat thing in preparation for dilation. Any niggles like this, at this stage, can mean that things are on the change and that's good because it's your body making preparation for the next stage. It doesn't mean that actual labour is imminent but it's a good sign of things to come.

Has baby been active this morning?

Monday, June 1st 2009, 9:39am

not as much as usual, but yesterday while I was in pain it was bouncy about like crazy!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, June 1st 2009, 9:54am

When's your next appointment with the midwife?

Monday, June 1st 2009, 10:08am

not untill next Monday. To be honest, I think she is useless anyway, every query I have had she replies the same - its your age! I am only 34!! And every time I have tried to ring her she has her phone turned off, I have had no antenatal classes offered to me or anything. She was on holiday last time I went so I had to see her stand in and it was great!
Back to the point though, last time I went ( last monday) the babys head was 4/5 engaged.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, June 1st 2009, 2:03pm

As long as your baby's nice and active and you're otherwise feeling well then it all sounds fine. Hopefully you're doing some of the work now which will help you later on :smile:

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 10:41am

got mild pains again yesterday but they went away and today I have the trots!!
Don't you just love babies!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 11:20am

Is baby still active hun? It sounds as though things might be happening for you....
x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 10:45am

How fed up am I ?????
Baby is moving about fine, maybe a touch less but defo moving! No more pains,just the good old Braxtons, trots have gone away and I am back to hobbling about like an old lady!
I have decided that its going to either be a really long drawn out birth or I will sneeze and out baby will pop - hopefully the latter!

Michelle

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 10:56am

Awwww i had a similar situation to you chickpea.
Had bh's for ages and ages they went away and came back again. When i was starting to go into labour i had a whole day of mild contractions 10 mins apart, they vanished for part of the day and came back stronger later on. Then once my waters broke and i was in established labour it only took an hour and a half before my baby wriggled out! I've been advised that if i have another baby it may be a very short labour :8o:

So like Bells said, it's probably all going to help you later on - hope so anyway!

Not long now :D

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE