You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rightans" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Monday, May 18th 2009, 9:43am

Which Omega 3 supplements?

Hi all, I have been taking Fish body oil containing Omega 3 from Sainsbury's right uptil now. I am thinking of switching to better quality Fish oil supplements as the Sainsbury one doesnt say if it is double filtered or not. As I suddenly got worried about all the mercury it might contain.
I have been looking at various sites but am more confused on which one to switch to now. There is Vital DHA from Zita west but it also seems to contain Evening primrose oil. There is Pregnacare Plus which doesnt contain the amount I take now. I take 1gm of Fish oil. There is an Eskimo 3 which also contains Vitamin E in addition to Omega 3 and similar problem with Mumomega. I would be grateful if you could let me know of what if at all any Omega 3 supplements you are taking.

Emmsy

Star

Monday, May 18th 2009, 9:49am

Hi Rightans

Sorry I can't really offer any advice on this but I didnt want to read and run either. I take Zita West's Vital DHA and also 2g EPO, but the EPO is purely for breast pain and on Drs orders :smile: Are you not supposed to take EPO then?

Me 36 DH 41 TTC 9yrs

Monday, May 18th 2009, 10:22am

I am not sure about EPO. I was under the impression not to take EPO when pregnant. But I may be totally wrong, especially if ZW has it in its DHA.

Monday, May 18th 2009, 1:57pm

I think I will go for Pregnacare Plus.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 12:51pm

I think the pregnacare plus is the best one as it is specially formulated for pregnancy. It's true that you are not supposed to take EPO during pregnancy as it can cause contractions of the uterus, although that doesn't necessarily mean it will cause you any problems with a healthy pregnancy but it will scare the hell out of you.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 1:29pm

Thanks Grace.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE