You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Netty" started this thread

Reg: Mar 6th 2007

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 8:46pm

Lack of sleep

Anyone got any tips for a good nights sleep !

I'm kn&ckered !!

Just can't get comfy and keep waking up all the time. I've tried a warm bath, drinking milk, tried lots of pillows but nothing seems to work.

Help
ME 42 DH 42
H'copy Nov 05
2 Early m/c 06
March 07 Early m'pause.Ovaries inactive
IVF Aug 07 No response to drugs Adoption only optn
MIRACLE BFP Oct 08 !!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Netty" (May 13th 2009, 8:47pm)

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 9:05pm

Sorry but I haven't got any good news for you. This is par for the course by this stage. The baby is just breaking your will before she makes her arrival!

The only thing I can suggest is to take naps whenever you get the chance.

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 11:41pm

Hi Netty! Wow, can't believe you're in your 3rd tri!

Rivka's right - not much you can do other than cat nap whenever possible!

I kicked DH out of bed though, much easier to get some sleep when he wasn't snoring next to me - an option for you?!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 9:21am

Hi Netty

No tips here either I'm afraid, but it looks like you have plenty of company!

I swear I haven't slept more than 2 or 3 hours in a row since I got my BFP – and it's getting worse! I'm not especially uncomfortable, I'm only needing one night time loo trip, baby isn't always bouncing around, but I just wake up so many times through the night.

All I can think is that it's my hormones preparing me for what is to come! Would be nice not to feel exhausted before LO even arrives though! Hoping I might be able to catch up a bit once I start maternity leave – two weeks tomorrow!

Bunny x
Beautiful baby boy born on 11th July 2009 after TTC 6 years!

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 9:26am

Hi Netty!

Its sooo frustrating isn't it?? I go to bed feeling tired then i can;t get comfy and my legs are restless and i just seem to toss and turn most of the evening ... oh and of course add to that the 4 or maybe 5 trips to the loo throughout the night :cross: :cross:

However ... i have for the last 2 nights kicked DH out of the bed and into the spare room and i seem to sleep better :snigger: i think its because when he is there i have to physically sit up to turn onto my other side where as when he's not there i can just roll over without waking myself up. ALso i think as soon as i sit up to turn over the baby sits right on my bladder and i'm off to the loo again :cross: !!

Like the other girls say ... i don;t think there is any cure just get used to it for when your LO arrives!!

xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 10:09am

hi Netty,

im exactly the same. Mainly my back aches and regular toilet trips. It has improved since last week however because i bought this great pillow from Costco. It's a pregnancy pillow which will be good for feeding when baby eventually arrives! It was a really good buy at about £12. I have felt so comfotable since using this so only get disturbed to go the toilet. If you have costco membership (or know any1 who does) I really recommend one of these pillows. xx
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 5:37pm

Thanks for your replies. I may well try one of those pillows from Costco.

I did wonder if it was my body preparting me for lack of sleep, lol. You'd have thought that evolution would have advanced by now.

I'm of to Elland Road tonight to watch Leeds v Millwall so maybe the excitement of it all will make me tired !!! LOL

I won't even start on how scared I am of giving birth.

take care everyone
A
xx
ME 42 DH 42
H'copy Nov 05
2 Early m/c 06
MIRACLE BFP Oct 08 !!

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 5:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Jodie
Hi Netty! Wow, can't believe you're in your 3rd tri!

Rivka's right - not much you can do other than cat nap whenever possible!

I kicked DH out of bed though, much easier to get some sleep when he wasn't snoring next to me - an option for you?!

x

Neither can I, what a miracle eh ? I'm still scared something will go wrong and they think the baby will be big - 10lb so that terrifies me of how I'm going to give birth. We get smaller turkey's at Christmas !!!
ME 42 DH 42
H'copy Nov 05
2 Early m/c 06
MIRACLE BFP Oct 08 !!

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 11:42pm

Heading for a 10lber eh?! We were told A would be about that but came out at 37 weeks at just over 8!

Are you still working or have you started mat leave yet? Got everything ready or are you still shopping for things!? Do you know if your bump is pink or blue?!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 4:56pm

I finsih work on 12 th June, can't wait. I've got 3 4 day weeks and 1 3 day week. Just counting down now.

No, we haven't got everything we need although we did get a quite few bits yesteray. Just major things like a pram and a moses basket to get now, my fault as din't want to buy too far in advance for fear of something going wrong given what's happened over the past few years. I've got a growth scan at 35 weeks so I'll check to see if they still think our blue baby is going to be big !!!
ME 42 DH 42
H'copy Nov 05
2 Early m/c 06
MIRACLE BFP Oct 08 !!

Debs

Ace

Reg: Mar 15th 2006

Children: 2 DD 11 & 3yrs old. DS born 16/11/12. 2 natural 1 iui

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 7:13pm

I think you can't win either way at this stage. I can't sleep at night due to hot feet and restless legs then I am soooooo tired during the day but if I have a nap then i'm wide awake at night again aaaaahhhhhh. Sounds really stupid but I find if I go down the bottom of the bed (facing DH feet bluh!!) then I sleep much better, god knows why this works or if it's all in my head but it works. I've started in our bed, moved in to DD's bed then on to her sofabed then the couch lol then upside down in my own bed and by the time i'm finally ready to sleep it's about 2am anyway. Oh the joys x

TTC 5 Years
Me 30 - DH 32
DD - 8
1st IUI 25/10/08 BFP
:happy:

Our beautiful little miracle finally arrived on Tues 14/07/09 :D Baby Cara x

Saro

Star

Reg: Mar 6th 2008

Children: Alexander born after 4th IVF/ICSI

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 8:45am

I had whopping back ache at the end and I didn't find any pillows helped at all - a hot water bottle definitely helped but, like you, I only slept for a couple of hours at best. Sorry - I think that's just life at this stage. Best of luck though.

Sept 2007 IVF BFN - Oct 2007 Tubes removed - Nov 2007 ICSI BFN - March 2008 ICSI : BFN
June 2008 - :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE