You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Earth_Girl" started this thread

Reg: May 1st 2009

Friday, May 1st 2009, 11:56am

Tubes 'slow to spill' during HSG - what does this mean for me?

Hello there,

I had a HSG done on Tuesday (where they flush dye through the fallopian tubes to look for any blockages) and although the dye did spill through my tubes it apparently 'spilled slowly'.

The Dr. wasn't able to give me much more information than that (although he did say it may have cleared some things out) as I was busy passing out after the procedure and wasn't quite with it!

My follow-up consultation is not for a few weeks (I know - the agony) so I was curious to know if anyone else had had a similar thing happen and whether this meant that there is still a chance I can conceive naturally. I'm trying to stay positive!

Thanks.
Earth Girl
x

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Friday, May 1st 2009, 8:51pm

RE: Tubes 'slow to spill' during HSG - what does this mean for me?

Dear Earth Girl,

Keep trying to stay positive - you have every right to do so!

The fact that there was free spill out of each tube says that they are both patent (open). This is good news.

Slow spill out can be due to the tubes going into a spasm, which is not uncommon due to the invasive nature of the procedure. Occasionally this spam is so total that no dye ever even enters the uterine entrance to the tubes.

So try not to worry, and trust the HSG report in saying that your tubes are open.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

• "Earth_Girl" started this thread

Reg: May 1st 2009

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 11:14am

Hi Paul,

Thank you for responding! It gave me a really positive boost!

Earth Girl.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE