You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Primrose" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 6:58am

Recording Movement

Hi - just a quick question....
When do you have to start keeping a record of the baby's movements? Will the m/w tell me? I don't see her again for another 5 weeks, should I be monitoring any movements I feel before then?

Geogie

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 9:10am

hiya Geogie, you start to keep a record of the movement at 32 weeks. althoughbif at any point you are worried you can always ring the midwife
jo

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 9:11am

Georgie - I dunno - I havent, but then I havent bought a heart rate monitor either. I normally feel something every day and that is good enough for me.
I think (but I'm not sure) that you have to start doing a kick chart right towards the very end & the last few weeks.

ZIG

Ace

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 9:45am

I'm like you Sun, as long as I can feel her kicking away, I'm happy. I also haven't bought a heartbeat monitor, as we would both be wearing it the whole time and become even more paranoid than we are already!

ZIG xxx
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 11:14am

I cant hear anything with my heart rate monitor anyway! :(

stupid placentas in the way! lol :P

but mines constantly moving at the mo, and according to my e-mail I got this week mine should be moving around alot at the mo because this week they end up with a lot of hiccups!!

aw bless!

Jessica x x

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 11:36am

Georgie, they settle down into a routine of sleeping/waking/moving in this trimester, so just be aware of times baby is active, what stimulates movement etc, you are very like me in being paranoid!! Perhaps its because we both had missed m/c?

Like Sun has mentioned on another thread, if she wants to provoke movement she will have a cold drink or something.

I had a scare earlier in the week, but it turned out to be fine. You have your heart monitor for reassurance or if you are too worried nip to see your gp or midwife.

xxxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 11:57am

Sam - nope - we're all paranoid! I made my GP do a quickie scan to check the heart was beating when I had my bad cold/flu/tonsilitis/bronchitis and was doing an impression of the exorcist when coughing (lots of mucus & almost vomiting!).

I think this is just one of those stages where we are simply more aware of what is going on and the baby becomes more real. You, also, are very aware & paranoid at this time for a good reason, but your baby is still healthy happy & alive. 1 more day and you are 25 weeks! :D

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 12:52pm

I know hun!! I just realised this morning that amidst all the worrying - this is now unchartered territory!!! :D

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 12:56pm

yup indeedy - so now is the time to stop comparing and start enjoying! :D

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Saturday, October 22nd 2005, 1:12pm

we're nearly in the third trimester guys!!

:D :D :D :D

Jessica x x

Sunday, October 23rd 2005, 2:09am

speak for yourself !

I've still got 4 weeks to go! :D
(I intend to try and actually have this "wonderful" 2nd trimester that people conned me that I would have!)

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Sunday, October 23rd 2005, 12:28pm

lol!

someone asked me the other day whether I was enjoying being pregnant and I said no!!

she said why not? your supposed to enjoy being pregnant etc.

so I said that i feel as though my bodies falling apart!

she laughed and said dont worry, i understand! I didn't enjoy being pregnant with both of mine! which cheered me up a bit!

I know people will probably read this and say 'well I'd go through all whats she's going through to have one!' and yeah i dont blame you! yeah it's causing me a lot of grief physically and mentally in more ways than you can imagine, but I still wouldn't give it up for the world!

:D :]

Jessica x x

Sunday, October 23rd 2005, 3:47pm

Thanks everyone!
Sorry for delay - had to spend most of yesterday with relatives - it was hell, MIL demanded to know how much weight I'd put on and then went on to say it looked like it had gone on all round my hips and if you didn't know me you would just think I was fat not pregnant!!! My DH's reply?......'she means well' !!!! I think I might have to comit a murder before this baby arrives! X(

anyway rant over.... Yes Sam you saw straight through me, just looking for something else to worry about!!

Now I know I don't have to keep a record I'll just chill out (ha ha!)

X

Missy

Superstar

Sunday, October 23rd 2005, 4:10pm

Now we both know you won't!! ;) :D

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!