You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "freespirit" started this thread

Reg: Jun 14th 2008

Children: one gorgeous daughter

Monday, April 27th 2009, 11:55am

when can i start drinking rasberry leaf tea?

hello everyone,

i've bought 6 boxes from H&B last week its on offer....just wondering, when can i start drinking the tea...im 33+4 today...some says from 34 weeks and some says you shouldn't drink it until 36 weeks because it will give you braxton hicks...
does it really help ease labour pains? i know it suppose to toned your uterus and make second stage labour quicker....is that true?

thank you for your advice and answers....

loveXX
freespirit XXX

"Have Faith In God"
When you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it, and you will be given whatever you ask for.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "freespirit" (Apr 27th 2009, 11:59am)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, April 27th 2009, 4:47pm

There's some info here that might be helpful

Raspberry tea

Michelle

Monday, April 27th 2009, 7:51pm

RE: when can i start drinking rasberry leaf tea?

Quoted

Originally posted by freespirit
does it really help ease labour pains? i know it suppose to toned your uterus and make second stage labour quicker....is that true?

I started to drink it at about 36 weeks (i think) and gradually increased the amount up to four cups per day and i had lots of braxton hicks, went into labour on my due date and a very fast 2nd stage of labour (an hour and a half) with just gas and air for the pain! I obviously dont know for sure if the raspberry leaf helped but it cant hurt to try can it?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Monday, April 27th 2009, 9:08pm

I have to say I'm not overly convinced! I think it's more to do with how your baby is coming out

DD1 - Labour from beginning (tiny niggles) to end 13 hours with a 16 minute 2nd stage and no raspberry tea!

DD2 - Labour about 3 days with a 3 hour 2nd stage and forceps! And I drank it from about 33 weeks.

I liked the taste though and made a nice hot drink aside from tea
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 4:25pm

Bells, Michelle & philippa s, thanks for your replies....

i just started drinking raspberry leaf tea last night.....just 1 cup, left to infused for 5 mins before drinking it....i actually like the taste, i think it was yummy...
don't know if i will benefit from it though, hopefully i will...will just have to wait and see....we can only try...

XX
freespirit XXX

"Have Faith In God"
When you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it, and you will be given whatever you ask for.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "freespirit" (May 16th 2009, 4:30pm)

Michelle

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 4:47pm

If you think it was yummy it can't be pure raspberry leaf :snigger:
I thought the tea bag ones were nice bacause they had apple or something in to help with the taste but when i bought some loose raspberry leaf :yuk:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 12:04pm

hi michelle,

yeah i love the taste.... the one's from the bag...i tried the loose one's before and it was disgusting....that was long time ago, one day i was browsing the internet and one of the site said raspberry leaf tea help you concieve......didnt read it properly.....so numpty me went and bought it straight away thinking i'll gonna get pregnant...... :innocent: .....and the taste was dreadful.....but the ones i bought from H&B was yummy...i think i'll have 2 cups today..... :happy:

thanks a lot....

XX
freespirit XXX

"Have Faith In God"

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "freespirit" (May 17th 2009, 12:05pm)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE