You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Friday, April 24th 2009, 7:13pm

Calling All Mums - FZ Survey on Estimated Baby Weights

Hi ladies :wave:

Were you told in pregnancy that you're having a big/small baby, either by a tape measure on the tum or scans? Were you told at scans a precise weight that the hospital believed your baby to be?

We'd be really grateful if you could answer a few questions so that we can see how accurate these measurements turned out to be.

Hopefully the results will reassure our pregnant ladies when they are given this kind of information. We're not doing this as a poll as we'd like your comments too.

The Questions

[list=1]1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?)

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor)

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby?

4, What weight was your baby at birth?

5, What is your height?

6, Are you small/medium/large build?

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry?[/list=1][/list]
[list=1]
Thanks ladies, I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences.[/list]

Reg: Feb 4th 2009

Friday, April 24th 2009, 7:58pm

RE: Calling All Mums - FZ Survey on Estimated Baby Weights

Hiya

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?)
I was told i was having a big baby, not told a specific size just that it would be big.

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor)
Tape measure and palpatation by midwife

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby?
I worried because i didn't know how i was going to deliver a big baby.

She was only 6 pound 1 oz but she was long.

5, What is your height?
11 and a half stone

Medium build

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry?
I didn't think it was helpful, i spent weeks worrying about it. I did have a particularily huge bump and i was huge so i was sure i was having this massive baby but no she was only little.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "nicmitch05" (Apr 24th 2009, 8:00pm)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, April 24th 2009, 8:02pm

I have always thought this site was a valuable resource for 'studies' of this kind. There is such a wealth of experience here about a whole range of things.

Quoted

Originally posted by Bells

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?)

Not exactly and I have no recollection of this but DH tells me the consultant wanted to induce me because my baby was going to be huge. He didn't give a weight and it was just from palpation and a tape measure.

Quoted

[

No but I worried about the induction, I didnt' want any interventions but the consultant wasn't the most approachabel personb and I didnt' feel able to speak up.

Quoted

[B]

7lb 12oz. At the smaller end of normal. :rolleyes:

Quoted

5, What is your height?

5ft 2

Quoted

Small to medium I suppose, but at the time I was FAT. What he thought was big baby was probably cake!

Quoted

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry?

No but it lead to a cascade of intervention, an 'emergency' C section which IMO was probabaly avoidable, problems breastfeeding and me feeling shit for most of the 2 years following.

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, April 24th 2009, 8:22pm

Quoted

[list=1]1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?) [/list]
[list=1]

No I was never told and I never asked (I only ever remembered my questions once I'd left the appointment!)

Quoted

After the 20 week scan the only size info I was given was the fundal height by the tape measure.

Quoted

I did have a freak-out moment late on my pregnancy that I would be having a HUGE baby but I think that these fears arose from the fact that it was 'another' thing that could possibly prevent me from birthing at home.

Quoted

7lb12oz (Snap MrsJ!)

Quoted

5, What is your height?

5ft 4 1/2" (the half inch is very important).

Quoted

I'd say medium. I did weigh more when I fell pregnant than I should but only put on minimal weight during my pregnancy.

Quoted

n/a

[/list=1][/list]

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Michelle

Friday, April 24th 2009, 8:45pm

Quoted

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?).

I was told that my baby was of perfectly average size (whatever that means) and was once given an approximate weight for that particular stage of pregnancy (but forget what it was now!)....helpful aren't i?!

Quoted

Two seperate scans at 20 and 24 weeks but fundal measurement was always bang on for dates.

Quoted

No, it was reassuring i suppose.

Quoted

7lbs 12oz (snap Mrs J and Bubble!!)

Quoted

5, What is your height?

5ft 4....ish ?(

Quoted

Small

Quoted

It was helpful for me because it was accurate. I would have worried without it as my sister and sil have had very big babies - 10lbs!
She's a chubby little thing now though :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Friday, April 24th 2009, 8:48pm

Interesting!!

The Questions

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?) and 2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor)

I was told an approx weight at 26 weeks of 2lb 13 (4d scan). Whenever I went for ANY appointment, except with my regular midwife, there was always a comment on 'oh, big baby', generally after someone had had a bit of a feel.

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby? Yes. DD1 was 6lb 2 so small but very easy to push out...was slightly concerned was I would do faced with a 10lber

3.14kg (6lb 14) at 36 weeks

5, What is your height?
5ft 5

medium with rather large boobs :snigger:

Not massively helpful but had I gone full term I would have been interested to see what she weighed.
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Friday, April 24th 2009, 9:20pm

The Questions

[list=1]1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?)
Yes

Scan

Yes

T1 6lb 5oz & T2 4lb 10z

5, What is your height?

5'4

Small

[/list=1]
Due to negative way it was delivered by the sonographer it caused unnecessary worry. It was only later when I discussed my worry to my midwife and Fz of course :smile: she explained how difficult it is to measuring a baby accuratley.[/list]
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "1xbaby pls" (Apr 24th 2009, 9:22pm)

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 9:07am

The Questions

Was told A would be about 8lb 7, this was 4 days before having him, by the consultant via a scan

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor) oops see number 1, by scan

Did worry how I;' deliver him

4, What weight was your baby at birth? 7lb 3

5, What is your height? 5' 2"

6, Are you small/medium/large build? medium

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry? more worry than helpful I'd say, especially when he was little.

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 7:19pm

Quoted

The Questions

I was told DD2 would possibly be big can't remember what weight they said ?(

Scan then the cons had a good feel of my belly and said she was above adverage, which to be fair she was according to that chart they base everything, she was on the 75th centile

No not really, I half expect a big baby they gave me the info and I think everyone else found it more profound than I did!

8lb 9oz

5, What is your height?

5ft 6 1/2"

medium

Not that I remember - it wasn't helpful nor a worry I worried more about the fact she was breech the whole way through and didn't stop moving around!
[/list=1][/list]
[list=1]
[list=1][/list]

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 9:04pm

1 - I was told to expect a big baby but no weight estimate early on. At 38 weeks the estimated weight was 3.7kg and on the day C was born the estimated weight (remember I had a dr's appt the morning and C was born the afternoon) was 3.3 or so indicating he had lost weight.

2 - Scan

3 - I found the info interesting only. We have a family history of large babies with no difficulty in delivery

4 - 3.35kg

5 - 1.65m (5'6"?)

6 - large

7 - I just found it interesting and reassuring that he was growing (except for last scan)

I did not have any worries about C's weight but there was concern over the size of is head (head circumference) and when he was born his head circ was well above the 90th centile while his height and weight were just on the 50th...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 9:14pm

Hi

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?) I was told George had stopped growing at 34 weeks when 39 weeks then sent for a scan which said he would be 7lb 12

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor) Scan

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby? Not once scan carried out

4, What weight was your baby at birth? 7lb 12

5, What is your height? 5 ft 8

6, Are you small/medium/large build? Large

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry? Once they had got the info right it was fine, helpful actually.

Hope this is ok!?

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 9:44pm

Hey,

with all 3 boys, I was told they would be 'big'.

by palpation and by tape measure

I worried a little with DS1 because I measured 3cm bigger than weeks and GP said, if I got any bigger, they would have to do a scan to investigate. I measured big for dates with DS2 + 3 too but didn't worry as much as 1st time.

DS1 - 8lb 15oz, DS2 - 8lb 10oz, DS3 - 9lb 5oz

5, What is your height?
5'10"

medium

I had such a huge bump 1st time around that I was expecting a big baby anyhow
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 9:51pm

I forgot to say....by far, my easiest and quickest labour was with DS3, despite weighing the most. :smile:
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 11:47am

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?) expected weight of 6lb

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor) at a scan the day before dd was born

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby?No

4, What weight was your baby at birth? Bang on 6lb

5, What is your height? 5 ft 6

6, Are you small/medium/large build? Medium

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry? No
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 1:01pm

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? We were told if he continued on gaining as he was he would be about 7lb10oz

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? It was predicted by scan

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby? No i didnt at all as i thought 7lb 10oz was a reasonable size for a baby

4, What weight was your baby at birth? 8lb 5oz

5, What is your height? 5'5

6, Are you small/medium/large build? Large

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry? I found it helpfull as a rough guide but he turned out to be bigger anyway , i didnt take there estimate to seriously as they told me in the scan it was just a rough guess and that it could differ as it depend on how much weight he would put on in the last few weeks
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 1:56pm

These are brilliant ladies, massive thanks and please keep them coming!!

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 2:32pm

The Questions

DD measured 50th centile on scans , so was told to expect 'Average' size baby, think that's about 7lbs 8oz ?(

Scan's decided DD was 'average', but the (dreaded), tape measure consistantly said she was too small :rolleyes:, Doctor and MW doing palpatations said "Too small" also.

Yes, worried all the way through :sadface: BUT was more reassured by the scan information than the tape measure :smile:

5lb 8oz

5, What is your height?

5 ft 3.5

Small

Led to unecessary worry by using the tape measure, however I never got a huge bump so I worried also, given all that I was glad I was referred for scan's. I'm glad they were 'over cautious' than not caring at all.

xxxxxx

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Friday, May 1st 2009, 8:48pm

I was told to expect an 8-9lb-er after DD1 weighed in at 9lb 14oz

Growth scans at 30, 34 and 38 weeks

Interested to see whether gestational diabetes had this growth thing under control

7lb 6oz

5, What is your height?

5' 6"

Medium to large

Interesting - particularly how tiny DD2 turned out to be!

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

Reg: Aug 9th 2008

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 11:57am

i had a growth scan at 34 weeks and predicted birthweight at term was 8lb 2. i am medium build and 5 foot 4. Baby girl was born at 38+6 weighing 6lb 5oz, dont think she would have gained 2 pounds in that last week.

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 2:01pm

Quoted

The Questions

Yes, both times - 9-10lbs with A and 4 10 with E (we'd been monitored such a lot - this was the last scan, 2 days before I had her)

Just scans with E, both with A

Was very relieved with E - premmie so pleased to hear she was a good weight.

8 lbs 1 oz with A (born at 37 weeks so am guessing would have been between 9-10 if she'd gone to 40?!). 4 10 with E.

5, What is your height?

5 ft 6

Definitely large.

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry?[/list=1][/list]
[list=1]

It was really useful and reassuring with E (and bang on!) and gave A her nickname - 'the chunk'!

[/list]
[list=1][/list]

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Jan 7th 2008

Children: 1 daughter 11yrs -prev marriage

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 2:41pm

I was told to expect an 8-9lb ish

Scan and palpation

Yes, was slightly worried as i was quite big but only actually put 2 stone on in total

7lb 8 1/2 oz

5, What is your height?

5' 7"

Large

I got more worried as I went over my due date and they say that baby puts on more weight at the end of pregnancy. I had to be induced at 15 days over due date !! So I was tad worried !!

TCC 6 years
15mths over 2yrs of Clomid unmonitored
1 m/c - 100mg clomid 2006
1 missed m/c 150mg clomid 2007
Lap & Dye 2008 - All clear
6 out 6 - unsuccessful at ovulation induction treatment

1st cycle of short protocol IVF........... May 09 :BFP: Still in shock ! Elective Caesarean Section booked for Tuesday 26th Jan 2010 !!

Reg: Jun 2nd 2007

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 1:41pm

1 - I was measured by tape, by several midwifes and all predicted Sam to have a high 6's to low 7's birth weight.

2 - I was scanned 2 days before the birth (3 weeks before my due date) and Sam was already estimated at being low 8's and predicted to be high 8's at birth.

3 - The scanned weight shocked me but his heavier than predicted weight didn't worry me as such. To be honest I dismissed it and still belived the midwifes because I wanted him to be small for an easier delivery.

4 - Sam's birth weight was 8lb 1oz @ 37 weeks

5 + 6 - I'm 5ft 4 and small build

7 - I was really happy during my pregnancy thinking that Sam was going to be a small baby so it was helpful dispite being wrong (they say ignorance is bliss). Info from scan threw me somewhat which was not helpful but I have to say Sam's weight small or large never entered my head during the birth and the birth it's self couldn't have been easier.

PT xxx

TTC#1 Aug 02-Feb 08
Jan/Feb 08 - IVF#1 - BFP
It's A Boy

Oct 17th 08 - Baby Sam is born

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Saturday, May 23rd 2009, 7:43pm

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?) over 9lbs

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor) scan/palp

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby? worried about delivery as i was told he would be large

4, What weight was your baby at birth? 7lbs 15oz

5, What is your height? 5ft 4in

6, Are you small/medium/large build? medium

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry? uneccessary worry

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Sunday, May 24th 2009, 11:38am

Was having growth scans weekly towards the end because of developing gestational diabetes but was told that baby was average weight (week 36 was 6lb 2)

Scans

Didn't worry until week 37 when was told baby was now 6lb 14 (gained 12oz in a week)

6lb 10 1/2! at 39 weeks

5, What is your height?

5 4

medium

helpful at first but I've found that a lot of the weights predicted were in fact a lot less.

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, May 27th 2009, 10:37pm

The Questions

3 days before I had twins (at 33 weeks) a growth scan said that the twins were 3lb 6 and 3lb 8.

Scan... I always measured 6 weeks ahead when measured with a tape measure with it being twins

Sometimes used to worry about babies being underweight

4, What weight was your baby/s at birth?

My first baby was 8lb at full term and twins were 3lb13 and 4lb 8 born at 33+1

5, What is your height?

5ft 7

Medium

Neither helpful or unhelpful
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lexie" (May 27th 2009, 10:38pm)

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 7:46pm

The Questions

1, Were you told an approximate weight during your pregnancy or a weight to expect at birth? (if so, what was it?) "large" baby was estimated to be 7lb plus at 39 wks

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor) midwife palpation and scans

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby? yes

4, What weight was your baby at birth? 5 lb 15 oz (at 41+5 wks)

5, What is your height? 5'1"

6, Are you small/medium/large build? small

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry? Unnecessary worry (but had done my own research so knew that this was a clinical opnion, rather than fact!

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, April 16th 2010, 3:02pm

Just told that she was long and going to be big.

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor) Scans, tape measure and palpation!!

3, Did you worry about this information, either because you were worried your baby would be underweight or whether you would be able to birth a big baby? Did worry about giving birth to a big baby.

4, What weight was your baby at birth? 6lb 11oz

5, What is your height? 5'2'' But DH is 6'3''!!

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry? Handy to know but made me worry whether I'd give birth ok.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Monday, April 19th 2010, 9:02pm

from 20 week and 34 week scan was told she would be average size - approx 7.5lbs, later measurements and scan showed she would be small

2, Was this decided at a scan or with a tape measure? (or even just by palpation by a midwife/doctor) Scans, tape measure and palpation (i always measured small with tape but scans showed was average until 37 weeks)

worried when told baby had stopped growing and would be small

4, What weight was your baby at birth? 5lb 7oz

5, What is your height? 5' 3.5''

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry? was very worried that she was small but they did induce early due to static growth.

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Monday, April 19th 2010, 9:52pm

The Questions

From about 25weeks i measured +2 weeks more than i should have been, was told at 37 weeks it was a big baby refered for a scan

scan decided that baby was big compared to me but approx weight at birth was 7lb11 and than i should be fine to give birth naturally.

Was worried as everyone including docs kept exclaiming how big i was, and on scan looked huge, got more worried as i went overdue

at two weeks overdue he weighed 8lb 2 1/2oz

5, What is your height?
5ft 1 ( not forgetting the quarter)

small
Think i needed to know as i was so big and even before they suggested he was big i was worried, i think it was nessecary to scan just in case there could have been problems, he was forcep delivered but this could of been because of going over or inducing and how tired i was!![/list]

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 7:03pm

Had growth scan at 33 weeks, was 6 pounds then. Was told not to buy first size anything and to expect 9-10 pound baby.

At scan.

Yes and especially when I went nearly 2 weeks over.

9 pounds 10 ounces.

5, What is your height?
5ft 6in.

Medium.

7, Do you feel that this approximate weight information was helpful or did it lead to uneccessary worry?[/list=1][/list][list=1]
Was very helpful but made me even more scared than I already was.[/list]

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE