You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 1:13pm

finishing early

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how it works if im to finish work a little earlier than planned. I am almost 31 and a 1/2 weeks pregnant and feel like i can do another couple of weeks but im getting really bad back pains and sciatica which is a nightmare mainly because it takes me 2 hrs and 40 mins travelling on public transport a day (which includes about 30 mins walking). I wouldn't mind but no one seems to give up their seats on trains anymore. It seems like all social rules go out the window when it's rush hour! I am due to start maternity on 1st June but I have 5 weeks of holidays to add to the front of that so my last day at the moment is April 27th. If it gets really bad do i just ask to move my holidays forward and then my maternity leave? Will they be quite flexible about this or does it vary depending on your employer? I really didn't want to finish any earlier that 35 weeks but it's becoming a bit of a struggle. I know of people who work right till the end which makes me think i should just get on with it. xx
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 1:31pm

Hi

I moved mine 2 weeks forward but I believe you have to give them 28 days notice (although as youre using hols first Im not sure how this works!!) Try direct gov its quite a good website (I use it quite a lot for flexi working now though!!) x

Oh and I finished at 34 weeks as the underground was killing me (youre right no one offers a seat!!)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "GemH" (Apr 2nd 2009, 1:32pm)

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 6:57pm

Most employers are quite flexible regarding bringing the mat leave forward, and although they ideally nead 28 days notice, if you put in the request together with reasons why, they would probably honour it. I asked to reduce my hours for a couple of weeks before going on mat leave, as I was getting too tired, and they didn't have any problems with that.

You just don't know how the latter stages of pregnancy are going to affect you until you're there - and each pregnancy is different!

Good luck with bringing your leaving date forward!

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 1:05pm

just a quick rant. I am suppose to finish on the 27th of April and was still trying to reach that date when yesterday I received info on the trams in Manchester. They are doing maintenance on the tracks all in the centre. I rang up the met office to find out my travel options and they said i just had to walk from st peters sq to manchester victoria which is a 20 min walk! Bearing in mind i will have just walked 15 mins to get to the tram station from my work! I said to her i was 32 weeks pregnant and she just said 'oh i am sorry'. She gave me info on a couple of buses i could get to get to victoria from st peters square but told me it would take an extra 50 mins and that excluded waiting time! It already takes me an hr and 20 mins so 2 and a half hrs each way (5 hrs total) is ridiculous!! I dont think they realise how much this inconveniences people and this is going on for several months! Luckily DP will have to drop me off and pick me up but he works in warrington and will have to come straight from work and wait 2 hrs for me to finish as it would take him an hour to get home anyway due to traffic. I have changed my finish date to the 17th and that way we only have to cope with this week and 4 days next week. Im just lucky this has happened now and it didnt happen a couple of months ago! I just cant help but wonder what they are going to do about those who are disabled x
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE