You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ale

Ace

• "Ale" started this thread

Reg: Oct 21st 2008

Children: A gorgeous daughter I couldn't love more...

Friday, March 20th 2009, 11:52am

Lost weight!!

Hello ladies,

sorry for intruding, again, but I need advice from someone who's safely gone through the first trimester. I weighed myself at week 10, I noticed that I had lost weight but I did not get too worried as till then I had had a terrible nausea which made it hard for me to eat anything. Then I started feeling better, and in fact the following week I had put on nearly 1 lb :happy:

Today, nearly at 12 weeks, I weighed myself again and I lost 1/2 lb :sadface:

What's going on???? It doesn't sound normal to me!! Has anyone had this at the end of the first tri? Please, let me know!! I am particularly surprised because I am now eating well, so how can I lose weight? I am so worried something wrong is happening in there ;(

Thanks a lot,

Alex
First Ivf Nov 2008. No ET due to OHSS :sadface:
Natural FET Jan 16, 2009. Two embryos on board!! Jan 28, 2009 :BFP:
Lost one twin at 10 weeks

Next FET Octobert 2011 :pray: for another miracle!

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Friday, March 20th 2009, 12:14pm

RE: Lost weight!!

Hiya

As you say, it can be quite common for women to lose weight during the 1st trimester, due to factors such as nausea and vomiting.

I know it's hard, but I would try not to worry about the bit of weight you have lost. Sounds like you are eating well, which is good (and quite nice after feeling rotten for quite a while, isn't it?).

There could be many reasons why you've lost a bit of weight, your body is doing alot at the moment, and you're probably working, doing other things etc, which all puts demands on our body.
I know that my weight can vary from day to day, just down to factors such as when I weigh myself/what time of day etc.

If you're feeling healthy and ok in yourself, I'd say that's positive.

All that said, I know it's a worrying time, so you could always chat it through next time you see your mw, or even give her a call, if you feel it would help to chat to someone?

xxx

<

Ale

Ace

• "Ale" started this thread

Reg: Oct 21st 2008

Children: A gorgeous daughter I couldn't love more...

Friday, March 20th 2009, 12:43pm

Thank you Laura. I try to weigh myself at the same time, once a week. I just felt disheartened that after finally being able to stomach some food, I'm still losing weight!! I suppose it's pre-12week scan anxiety. At the 10 week scan they told me I lost one twin, and now I am terrified that something could happen to the other one. I wanted to buy one of those dopplers (babyangel or similar) but my DH forbad me...

Sorry for sounding paranoid! I suppose I have to wait till monday.

Thanks for your support. I hope to be able to join you ladies soon...

Alex
First Ivf Nov 2008. No ET due to OHSS :sadface:
Natural FET Jan 16, 2009. Two embryos on board!! Jan 28, 2009 :BFP:
Lost one twin at 10 weeks

Next FET Octobert 2011 :pray: for another miracle!

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Friday, March 20th 2009, 1:51pm

Aw Ale, I think the few days before a scan can be an anxious time, and you've been through alot already, and are bound to have mixed feelings right now.

I really hope Monday comes round quickly, and all is well.

Take care, and don't ever worry about coming on here, and and saying what is worrying you, and hopefully we can help, and always provide an ear to listen.

:hugs:

xxx

<

Jessica

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Friday, March 20th 2009, 7:04pm

Ale, don't worry too much about losing weight. If you're eating well (now) and feeling OK in yourself then I'm sure everything is absolutely fine.

Remember the baby weighs hardly anything right now - just a few ounces. Most of any weight gain for the first few weeks (or even months!) is amniotic fluid, placenta, boobies, plain old water retention ... so it could just be that maybe you're a little bit dehydrated, or even just that some things are going up (as it were) but other things coming down so it's all balancing itself out.

I just found out my aunt weighed less at 5 months than she did pre-pg (she had terrible morning sickness pretty much the whole way through). And that baby did OK - is in fact now the mother of 3 beautiful little girls!

So don't fret too much about 1/2lb. I'm sure now you're eating better in a few weeks you'll be fattening up nicely!
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

Reg: May 5th 2007

Children: Care Notts

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 11:16am

Hi Alex,
Just to let you know that I have had the same thing I lost 3 kg during the first 12 weeks and now I am 20 weeks I am just 0.4kg above my pre pregnancy weight and my babies are growing completly normally!!! Good luck and enjoy the fact that you are just not going to gain loads of weight!!!! Good luck for the scan.
Clare

Me 37
DH 36
Beautiful Son 8yrs
TTC 5 1/2
4th ICSI Nov 08 - BFP!!! Its Twins!!!
Lily and Freddie born safe and well 13/07/09

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE