You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sammysue" started this thread

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 9:45pm

coeliac disease & conception!

Hey peeps
My sister has coeliac disease and my mum has a gluton intol but not full coeliac disease. I have heard its hereditory and can effect fertility? I have an appt to see my Dr on friday morning to see if i can have a blood test to check for this. my sister didn't have any problems untill she gave up smoking, which she started noticing problems and drs confirmed coeliac disease.
I gave up smoking well over a yr ago and have noticed simular symptoms as my sis had??

Do you think the Dr will be happy to test me or will i have to fight (can you guess my trust in gps) and does anyone know how much effect coeliac disease has on ivf/inplantation??

thanks Sammy xx

Ps my sis took about a 18mths to conceive after she had her coeliac under control!

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 10:18pm

found this
sounds interesting, hope its ok to post? http://articles.directorym.co.uk/Infertility_And_Celiacs_Disease_-a1013998.html
right cant add it :snigger: eeyore help

ummm what about now

http://articles.directorym.co.uk/Inferti…_-a1013998.html

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Sammysue" (Feb 24th 2009, 10:33pm)

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 9:09am

RE: coeliac disease & conception!

Hi Sammysue, I hope your GP ia able to help you. I was wondering what kind of problems did you and your symptoms experiencing. Like you I have been wondering about coeliac disease and if I have it. I have endometriosis and I had been trying to follow a wheat free diet since my last failed cycle as my egg quality was really bad. But I have relaxed since then and have started eating bread now and then. I can not say that I have noticed any difference with or without wheat. I do get lots of IBS like symptoms. The reason I have been thinking about coeliac is I had some Immune tests done and while googling them the coeliac disease association popped up. But it doesnt seem good enough reason to go to GP. And am worried my GP will think I am crazy.
I think they do endoscopy and take biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. Good luck for your appointment.

Friday, February 27th 2009, 2:42pm

Just got back from dr appt and yep a can have a blood test so have it booked for mon as no appts today and will get results back on fri

We had a brief chat and he said that its quite possible that i could have coelic disease given my symptoms and that my sis has it he also said that it does have an effect on fertiltiy so i'm keen to find out asap. I have my baseline on tues so will mention it then also.
Righans i have lots of IBS symptoms, low iron, bloating after food like pasta, bread n stuff! I do get lots of pain when i need to have a poo also but thats could be to do with adhersions around my caecum apparentaly (been asking Drs for yrs if thats the case and never really got an answer).
My main reason for the tests is just to rule it out as its hereditary! Because coeliac is an immune issue i asked if it could result in any other immune problems - he said its unlikely.

Will update on fri when i get my results :D

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 8:27am

Good to see your GP is supportive. Goodluck for the test today.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE