You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bunny Girl" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, January 26th 2009, 7:30pm

Nearly 18 weeks and STILL worrying!

Hi there

I'm not really looking for answers, just wondering whether anyone's feeling the same ... I'm 18 weeks on Wednesday, had a good 12 week scan and heard the heartbeat at 16 weeks ... but I'm STILL driving myself mad worrying that something is wrong!

I haven't felt anything I can be sure is movement yet and I don't feel as though my uterus is growing. I feel generally fatter and my belly's sticking out more now than it was a couple of weeks ago, but when I feel for my uterus it definitely still feels low and the top of it is a good couple of inches (sometimes more) below my belly button. It seems as though the size and position hasn't changed for weeks.

I don't know whether it's because I can't believe this is finally happening for us after so many years of trying. It just feels unreal and too good to be true. I'm really cross with myself because I'm spoiling this precious time I've waited so long for by worrying constantly.

At 16 weeks the midwife said my 'bump' was just the right size so I know I shouldn't worry. I also know that it can be normal not to feel movements just yet.

I know all this and yet I CANNOT relax!

Any other worriers out there?

Bunny x
Beautiful baby boy born on 11th July 2009 after TTC 6 years!

Reg: Aug 8th 2007

Monday, January 26th 2009, 8:18pm

hi..i worry all the time! i was scared that i didnt feel anything but i recently had my 20 week scan and they said they were really active! so dont worry! she said it was still early to feel them even at 20 weeks! i think becuase we want it sooo bad everything is a worry, but i am trying to relax so that when we have the babies they are not stressed and are happy! i think i started to feel better when every one could see my bump growing! xxxx
Timed bd - 75iu fostimen and pregnil TWINS born May 09
Fostimin inj ---BFP Baby girl born Dec 10

Natural BFP March 12

Reg: May 15th 2010

Monday, January 26th 2009, 9:16pm

Hi Bunny girl

Yep I'm another worrier :snigger: :snigger:. I'm currently 33 weeks pg and I still worry!!!! I never noticed any movement till I was around 24 weeks to be honest and like you I was always worrying about the size of my bump. As long as your midwife is happy then you will be just fine. Believe me if they thought for a minute anything didn't seem quite right they would be sending you for a growth scan.

I think cause of the time some of us have waited for our miracles it does seem so unreal. We had been trying since 2002 for our much wanted little one. Can't wait to meet him/her now but I still worry some days. It's really only natural.

Try and relax chick and well done on your pregnancy.

Take care
Claire
xx

Reg: Aug 9th 2008

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 10:17am

Me too, im 25 weeks and still worrying. Dont give your bump another thought, your midwife will keep an eye on the growth and at 18 weeks it shouldnt be at your umbilicus yet, it will feel different sizes each day as the baby will be moving around, it will feel bigger if the baby is head up or down than it would if baby was lying across.

elmo

Ace

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 10:24am

ahh bunny girl, i worried right up until the day i had the girls! thought it would stop there but starts again as a parent, worrying your doing it right!! lol!!

try and enjoy it chick x x
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 10:33am

Agree totally with what Elmo has said. I worried and worried and drove myself insane with worry from the day I found out till the day I give birth. What should have been a magical time was torture as I worried that much.

Easier said than done but try and enjoy. I wish I did but I think it's the fear of the unknown. Will baby come early?, Will baby be ok? etc etc, its never ending. Dont worry about movements. I felt the twins from about 14 weeks but this was earlier because this was my second preganancy, with DD no 1, I was tiny and was still in a size 8 bridesmaid dress at 16 weeks as no one knew I was pregnant and didnt feel movements till 20 weeks +

Believe me when you have a 15 year old teenager in the house, thats when the real worry starts :D
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

cazd

Ace

Reg: Aug 4th 2008

Children: Blessed with 1 beautiful little boy june 2009

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 1:12pm

Hi Bunny Girl

You are most definately not alone with the worrying, i think i managed about 1 week of not really thinking about it after i heard the HB at 16 1/2 weeks, but now the 20wk scan is almost here it's started all over again, and if i'm not worrying about "peanut" , then i'm worrying about my weight, getting everything sorted in time, or if i'll cope when the baby is here.

As for movement I'm not sure if i've really felt any yet or not, i've had a few funny sensations but i can't be sure.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

:xxx3:
CAZ

Sept/Oct 08 - 2nd IVF Cycle BFP

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 1:25pm

Hi hun

I worried up until the end and I still worry now. I know its easier said than done but try and enjoy it! xx

• "Bunny Girl" started this thread

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 5:48pm

Thanks so much fellow worriers! :smile: It does help to know I'm not alone!
I keep setting myself targets ... after the 12 week scan, after the 16 week appointment etc etc I will stop worrying. Then 2 days later I'm worrying again!
Sometimes, if I concentrate hard, especially after eating, I feel tiny brief 'pinging' sensations, but I'm not convinced that it's not just my digestive system!

Like you, Caz, I find myself dreading the 20 week scan. I just can't believe there's an 11cm long baby in there!

I am enjoying being pregnant. I'm literally dizzy with disbelief! I just can't get my head around the fact that it's finally happening. It's nearly 6 years since we started trying, and it seems unreal that we are actually having a baby! It feels very strange now that most people know and keep chatting to me about it.

I'm just going to try to be positive and think the best. I know that thinking the worst wouldn't make it any easier if anything did go wrong now.

I can hardly fit into any of my clothes, but I can't bring myself to buy anything larger! I'm living in one pair of jeans and one bra!

Thanks Again xxx
Beautiful baby boy born on 11th July 2009 after TTC 6 years!

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 6:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Lexie

Believe me when you have a 15 year old teenager in the house, thats when the real worry starts :D

I'll vouch for that Lexie! Especially when the little bugger is having sex with his girlfriend already! How flipping worrying/scary is that!! I am going rapidly greyer by the minute!
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Reg: Mar 6th 2007

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 12:40pm

I'm deinitely in the "worrier" category and it doesn't help when people say "oh , dont worry, everything will be ok". Of course they got pregnant at the drop of a hat and a perfect pregnancy.

I'm still in shock that I'm actually pregnant but just starting to enjoy it.
ME 42 DH 42
H'copy Nov 05
2 Early m/c 06
March 07 Early m'pause.Ovaries inactive
IVF Aug 07 No response to drugs Adoption only optn
MIRACLE BFP Oct 08 !!