You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "kaza123" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Children: Connor 8, Freya 4, Harri and Rhys 3

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 8:35pm

Hot Tubs

Hi all,

I am lucky enough to have a hot tub in my garden, and have been missing going in it BIG TIME, can anyone tell me what is a safe temp for the water to be at whilst preggers, I can turn the temp down as low as 32 and just thought it might help with my pelvic pain and general aches.

Thanks

Karenxx

3 Baby Angels

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 8:36pm

Even if i new i wouldn't tell you as i am sooooooooooo jealous!! :D :D
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 9:01pm

It shouldn't be above your body temperature so around 37 deg should be fine. Although 'hot tubs' aren't recommended during pregnancy, swimming 'is' and baths are fine so keep your water at a swimming pool temperature (coolish) rather than a hot tub temperature (hot) and you should be fine.

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 10:09pm

I know nothing but logics say that you will have to be in the bath for a while for your body temp to rise... Just think about how long it takes to defrost food in water! :)
I would have a dip but keep it shortish!!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 10:27pm

When I worked at the gym they had a HUGE hot tub there, well it was called a hydro pool, and bubbled lots! :D

I was told that I could only go in it for 15 mins at a time, and it was great for helping with aching muscles, but just be careful with the temp!

Jessica x x

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 9:26am

are spa / jet baths ok to use still while pg ?

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 10:10am

Apparantly all hot things like saunas, jacuzzis, hot tubs etc are to be avoided by all beauty spas while pregnant.

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 11:21am

because of the heat Vickimarie, until babies are older they can't regulate and maintain their body heat, so anything that raises your body temperature will over heat the baby and could lead to dehydration, but anything around your own body temperature is ok

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 6:15pm

Thanks girls,

I have turned the temp down to 35.5 and will only go in it for 1 session of bubbles (20 mins) carn't wait for those jets on my hips, legs and feet :))

Its a nice night to watch the sunset......................My DH says he carnt wait to have a nice ice cold beer in the hot tub :( I think I will be happy to be weightless and relaxed!!

Karenxx

3 Baby Angels

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Friday, May 12th 2006, 9:39am

<------ is very jealous !!!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, May 12th 2006, 1:57pm

It's unwise to get yourself really hot while your pg, whether it's in water, exercising or sunbathing but it's not the act of lying in the sun that's risky.... it's becoming too hot that's the problem.

Sunbathing safely, keeping coolish, drinking lots of water, seeking shade often and generally stopping yourself from getting 'hot' is fine. There are millions of women in very hot countries having healthy babies because they are sensible and don't lie baking in staggering heat all day.

.......All things in moderation.

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 7:41am

I dunno about this one, at Fertility they said baths are fine as long as not too hot, so not sure about hot tubs

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 8:46am

Hi

Well I went in my hot tub last night and it was FANTASTIC, the water temp was 35.5 much cooler than we normally have it (38) but put some jets on my hips and feet and had my first good night sleep in weeks :)) Baby enjoyed it to she didn't stop kicking whilst in there and for about an hour after I got out.

Karenxx

3 Baby Angels

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE