You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Knighty" started this thread

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 9:11am

Hi! Approaching 16 weeks :-)

Hello ladies

I've been hovering over the second trimester section for the last couple of weeks and this is my first post as being officially in the 2nd tri!!

I was wondering when everyone is starting to think of what they need buy and has anyone been really organised and made a list of what to buy etc ...?

Hope everyone is well

xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

Michelle

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 9:18am

Wow - where has that time gone? 16 weeks already :happy:

I found that i made lists of what i needed quite early on and then kept an eye on prices to snap up bargains. You have plenty of time yet so perhaps you could start thinking about what you'd like to get and that way you can get a bit at a time and catch things when they are on special offer?!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 9:23am

Quoted

Originally posted by Michelle
Wow - where has that time gone? 16 weeks already :happy:

I found that i made lists of what i needed quite early on and then kept an eye on prices to snap up bargains. You have plenty of time yet so perhaps you could start thinking about what you'd like to get and that way you can get a bit at a time and catch things when they are on special offer?!

I know its crazy!... but good :snigger: :snigger:

Thats a good idea as looking at the prices of some of the stuff is frightening! I am quite lucky as my sister and 2 sister in laws have all had babies in the last year so hoping to get a few hand me downs of things that we won't need for that long like moses basket etc.. :snigger:

Not too long left now for you .. how are you feeling?

xx

Me 30
DH 33

Michelle

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 9:32am

Quoted

Originally posted by Knighty
Not too long left now for you .. how are you feeling?

Impatient :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 11:23am

Hi Knighty

I'm almost the same dates as you ... and am still finding it hard to believe that we finally have a baby on the way! Truly, I'm in denial ... even though I am definitely starting to get a little chubby around the middle! I've promised myself I will relax and start to believe after my 16 week midwife appointment next week ... mind you I promised myself that after the 12 week scan!

Have you had your 16 week appointment yet? Did you get to hear the heartbeat?

With regard to baby stuff, I haven't let myself think about it seriously yet ... only daydreaming so far. Lots of friends have offered us clothes, cots, moses baskets etc and we've been given one baby gift already - a lovely fluffy white bath towel with a hood. Oh, and I secretly bought a teeny sleep suit in the sales but this is hidden away for the time being!

We're planning on being pretty minimal with regard to baby stuff - but this makes our friends laugh. I'm sure out house will soon be full of baby-related paraphenalia!

Bunny x
Beautiful baby boy born on 11th July 2009 after TTC 6 years!

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 2:22pm

Been feeling really put out with regards buying anything, as everything we've either already got, or it's being given to us, so haven't been able to buy anything other than 3 little Christmas outfits in the sales!

I was going to buy a high chair, but now my M&D have said they'll buy that for us! :scream:

Oh well, I dare say I'll find something to buy at some point!!!

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 6:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Bunny Girl
Have you had your 16 week appointment yet? Did you get to hear the heartbeat?

I have my 16 week appointment next thursday ... i'm like you before every milestone i think i will get better after it but another one pops up!

xx

Me 30
DH 33

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 7:54pm

Same day as me :smile: !
Fingers crossed for us both ... and THEN we can stop worrying and start enjoying! Sorry for all the questions, but are you getting a bump yet? This is one of my major paranoias! I can feel a hardish mass low down if I lie on my back in the morning and my general belly is sticking out more than it used to, but I just don't know if this is enough/right/good!
Bunny x

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 8:49pm

I'm glad you asked! I am normally a size 8-10 and like you say i can feel my tummy is harder low down... when i lay flat on my back i can feel a slight raise in my belly but i have noticed that my normal jeans are getting too tight. My SIL noticed that i had a slight bulge from the side over xmas but generally i think i have just put weight on and to people who don;t know me i may just look a little tubby :snigger:

Me 30
DH 33

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 10:48am

Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow Knighty! I hope you get to hear that little heartbeat loud and clear ... and that the midwife tells you you're exactly as tubby as you should be, in all the right places!
Bunny x

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 11:29am

Quoted

Originally posted by Bunny Girl
Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow Knighty! I hope you get to hear that little heartbeat loud and clear ... and that the midwife tells you you're exactly as tubby as you should be, in all the right places!
Bunny x

Hey right back at you too honey! What time is your appointment?? Do i need to take anything other than my notes and a urine sample??

xx

Me 30
DH 33

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 11:40am

I'm at half 9 and had forgotten about the urine sample, so thanks:D!

I'm also taking my other half. I told him he didn't really need to come as it will mostly be blood tests and questions etc, but he doesn't want to miss the heartbeat if we get to hear it.

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 11:41am

:snigger: I'm at 9.15! Are you feeling or getting any bigger yet??

Me 30
DH 33

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 12:08pm

Well, hopefully by about 9.45 we'll both be able to breathe a huge sigh of relief and move on to the next thing to worry/obsess about ... 20 week scan me thinks!

There's definitely a bit more of me than there used to be! I was a size 10-12 and now almost all of my trousers are too tight. I've lost my waist and look a but tree-trunk-like ... even though I swear I'm not really eating more than I was before!

By the end of the day I have a definite bump, but I guess that's mainly bloating/cake! I can feel something firm deep in my belly, but it doesn't seem to have got bigger over the past couple of weeks, which is my main cause of panic!

A couple of people at work have been referring to my 'bump' though, which makes me ridiculously happy!

I should do some work! Will check in tomorrow as soon as I can x

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 1:26pm

Hey Knighty!

How did it go? Won't bore you with details of mine (all ok) until I know you're all ok too x

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 1:38pm

Hi !!

Yep all ok at my end too :snigger: Heard a really strong heartbeat which was fab and bloods, urines etc. all normal!! Next appointment is my 20 week scan on 13th feb ... only 4 more weeks to wait and i'm half way there!!!

So now you can spill your news!!

x

Me 30
DH 33

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 2:59pm

We heard the heartbeat, too! The m/w got it straight away for about 3 seconds, then he/she wriggled away and hid for ages, kicking the doppler thing. M/w eventually found it again, sounded like a little steam train whooshing away! She had a very quick prod of my belly and said it feels exactly the right size. All bloods etc so far have come back normal, but we are waiting for the results now of the 2nd part of the downs screening test. Really didn't know whether to do this or not, but at least we'll know whether or not we're in the high risk group.

My 20 week scan's on Feb 11th!

I think I may just feel brave enough now to go out and buy myself some larger clothes ... and maybe even some teeny ones for you know who!

Bunny x

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 4:32pm

oh thats great news!! I've not been able to keep the smile of my face all day! Might have a little peek in the mothercare catalogue tonight :snigger: :snigger:

xx

Me 30
DH 33

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE