You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bunny Girl" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 11:49am

Chicken pox

Hi there

I looked after my friends 3 year old daughter yesterday - lots of sharing drinks, food and kisses etc. My friend called this morning to say her daughter has developed chicken pox.

I'm pretty sure I had it as a child, but is there any risk to me/our baby? My friend said I should call the midwife, but I don't want to over react.

Having said that, I'm in floods of tears with worry.

Thanks xxx
Beautiful baby boy born on 11th July 2009 after TTC 6 years!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 1:42pm

You probably already had chicken pox as a child so there's a very high chance that you're immune. Can you call someome and find out if you had it as a child? If not there's a blood test that you can have to see if you're immune.

If you notice any symptoms you should see your GP who may prescribe a medicine that will reduce the effects of chicken pox. Your midwife probably won't be able to do anything at this point other than perhaps facilitate the blood test. If you're upset and worried then there's no harm in giving her a call.

• "Bunny Girl" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 6:02pm

Thanks Bells

My mum says I definitely had it as a child, but I called the midwife and she said I need to get a blood test tomorrow anyway to check my immunity.

Feeling a bit less panicky now!

Bunny x
Beautiful baby boy born on 11th July 2009 after TTC 6 years!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 6:28pm

That sounds very promising :) Try not to worry, it sounds as though you're immune, hopefully the blood test will be quick and put your mind to rest.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE