You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "donz" started this thread

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 9:02pm

OHSS whilst pregnant?

I am nearly 20 wks pregnant and my stomach is uncomfortably bloated but I cant make my mind up if its weight gain or just bloatedness.

I have had OHSS in the past and it feels very similar which is what is causing me to worry. Can you get this when you are pregnant? Probably sounds like a daft question but would love someone to dispell it for me.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 9:40pm

I don't think you can get OHSS now cos your ovaries are inactive while you are pregnant. It's more likely to be bloating caused by sluggish digestion to be honest. Very common in pregnancy and very uncomfortable too. I get bloated every evening and can hardly eat a thing after mid/late afternoon.

During pregnancy your body releases 'relaxin' which is a hormone which softens all your ligaments and muscles. It causes the bowel and whole digestive tract to become slack which means it can't move food and waste through as quick or efficiently as it did before. Also all your internal organs are pushed upward by your expanding uterus, so it feels like they are occupying too small a space.

Hope this makes sense to you and puts your mind at rest hun.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

donz

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 10:55pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post hun, it really has helped put my mind at ease.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 11:44am

S'ok mate. It's all such a big worry isn't it. That breathless feeling you get may get worse as your lungs become more squashed up too. I find it helps just to keep as upright as possible. I can't lie flat on my back as I really can't breath properly like that. Hopefully you'll get used to it all soon though and you'll be able to relax. Hope you're well otherwise!
I have 4 lovely big kids

donz

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 12:11pm

Feeling Rubbish

I feel like crying today Mrs Smiff.

I feel so held back by what I can do already and I m only 20 weeks pg. I m just so worried because of what the next 20 weeks have in store for me. I m finding it hard to breathe and when I go upstairs I have to stop at the top to get my breathe back. I think it maybe because I have gained weight very fast which also worries me.

I cant afford to just sit around for the next few months because I have ds to think about. I just feel extremely vulnerable. I dont remember feeling like this when I was pg with ds but that was 7 yrs ago and I was a lot slimmer before I even got pg.

By 5 pm tonight my whole body will be aching and my legs are very tender, I hobble around like an old lady in the evenings.

I just dont think any of this sounds normal at 20 weeks of pregnancy, this is what I would expect to feel like at the end of the pregnancy.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 4:51pm

Donna believe me, you are going through exactly what I am going through too! This pregnancy has been a shocker for me so far, and seeing as I sailed through my other pregnancies it's really smacked me between the eyes. In the evenings I can hardly get off the sofa cos my body hurts so much, my tummy starts expanding at lunchtime and by bedtime I look like I've gained another 4 months of pregnancy! I can't sleep at night as all my joints hurt so much, I can't breath properly, cant take the dogs for a walk, I am knackered just taking the washing upstairs! It's awful! You aren't alone hun, I promise you, and yes it does make you feel vulnerable.

I have gained a lot of weight since I had my last child 11 years ago. Back then I was playing sports several times a week and running around after 3 other kids with no trouble at all. But I was also 11 years younger, and it really takes its toll on you.

Try to pace yourself, and accept that these changes are happening for a reason. At the end of it, you WILL get your body back, a little more stretched than it was, but in time you will recover your strength and lose weight again.

Believe me, everything you are feeling is normal sweetie. I'm there with you trough every ache and pain believe me!
I have 4 lovely big kids

donz

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 5:01pm

I know its rather selfish but it does help to hear that someone else is going through the same thing as I am. Everyone I see around me seems to breezing through pregnancy without so much as a twinge!!

My tummy also doubles in size by the time the evening comes and it gets harder too, its so strange.

Thank you for being there for me at a time when I should be feeling strong but am feeling totally vulnerable.

You are a special lady, thanks again x x

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 5:35pm

Donna if ever you want an ear to scream into just give me a shout. It is bloody hard being pregnant sometimes and when everyone else seems to have come out of the pages of a glossy pregnancy magazine, just remember, their time will come too! Trust me, I won't be posing with my bump out for any photos and quite frankly the sooner this baby is born the better! It aint all paradise here thats for sure! Keep your chin up chick, it wont last forever. x
I have 4 lovely big kids

donz

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 6:17pm

I agree, it feels really tough this time round for some reason but in the back of my mind I know it'll all be worth it in the end. I feel so guilty when I moan about the pregnancy when I have been ttc for so long but I just feel so rubbish most of the time. Just glad you understand what I m going on about.

Once again, thanks for your support. Wishing us both a speedy pregnancy (then we can moan about our sleepless nights :snigger:)

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 7:11pm

Just because we have both been on a bit of a journey to get here doesn't mean we can't have a moan about it sometimes! We will laugh about it in a few months time! And yes, then we'll be moaning about sleepless nights!
I have 4 lovely big kids

donz

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 9:19pm

:snigger: Definately babe, we can moan together though. xx

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 9:53pm

There's nothing like a good moan to someone who knows what you're going through to make you feel normal again mate!
I have 4 lovely big kids

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE