You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 3:30pm

Mines white with sleeves to just below the elbow, white embroidery round the neck and a tie round the hips. I looked huge in it in H+Ms mirrors but OK at home, I think they have fairground mirrors!

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 4:32pm

I love the h&m tops. so reasonable and casual too i found, fit well - most of them.

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Friday, June 9th 2006, 9:31am

New look have just launched a range of maternity clothes so may be worth a look if you don't want to spend a fortune?

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Friday, June 9th 2006, 9:39am

mine was blue - short sleeves with little paterned blue strips down it. sounds a bit haggy bit its nice !

New Look eh ? - is that on line or in the shops ?

Bagpuss

Friday, June 9th 2006, 10:07am

I think it's in the shops, according to one of the pg mags it's out now. Shame really as I dn't need mat stuff now & their stuff is usually reasonably priced & quite trendy!

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Friday, June 9th 2006, 10:22am

HI girls

I have just bought a load of their stuff form their normal range by just going a size or 6!!! Got a fab white long kaftan that ties around the back that will go all the way through and serve as a dress for summer for just £20 and its really lovely...also got some linene trews with a t shirt meterial waist which are great too for £15.

New Look have just launched their maternity range but you have to go to one of the fbig store to get it unfortunaltey!!

QUite a lot of the shops have long t shirts in at the mo in their normal ranges...I got some fab strappy t shirts from dotty Ps in some lovely colours which will last for ages cos they are quite long.....cheap too!!

xx

Friday, June 9th 2006, 11:18am

you def dont want to be spending a small fortune on maternity clothes

cheaper the better !

Friday, June 9th 2006, 11:21am

I agree Kizzy.........all of these I will be able to wear post bubs so feeling quite proud of myself...have just looked through Mango on line and they have some fab tops that will work great with a bump...really pretty!!

xx

Tigger

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, June 9th 2006, 1:15pm

The New Look in the Metro Centre has the maternity range, its really good and the prices are fantastic. I bought a nice cream linen skirt for £12. Good for pub or shopping!! Definitely worth a look at girls.

S xx

Friday, June 9th 2006, 3:00pm

we have 2 new looks in town - the main one should hold that range !

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, June 9th 2006, 3:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by kizzy
mine was blue - short sleeves with little paterned blue strips down it. sounds a bit haggy bit its nice !

New Look eh ? - is that on line or in the shops ?

Kizzy I tried that one on in pink, I loved it but it didn't love me!

I've just been into Manchester City Centre and the HUGE New Look there doesn't have maternity wear in at all! Humph!

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 10:19am

Maternity Clothes!

I have finally given in today and I'm wearing my maternity trousers for work :) I spent most of yesterday making sure my size 12 Next trousers didn't fall down becasue I've had to leave the zip half undone!!

The maternity ones feel a little baggy on me today, but they are soooo comfy compared to squeezing into my normal trousers.

So......I suppose it's onward and outwards from here :D :D

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 10:46am

I would get a maternity "belt"!
I love mine (bella band)

I am still using normal trousers with fly wide open and just slipping the belt ontop of it all! Mostly this is since I only own one pair of maternity trousers so I have no choice! :)

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 10:56am

Hee hee giggles welcome to my world i was lucky enough my sis had just had her 2nd baby and gave me all her mat clothes, althought she went 41 weeks and DN was 9lb9oz they only fitted me to 28 weeks i got the bump bands from next such a life saver.

x x x

Reg: Apr 18th 2006

Children: 5 year old daughter

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 4:30pm

Giggles

I have been wearing maternity trousers for ages now as they are so comfy, before I got them i was wearing pyjama bottoms for work, you couldn't really tell they were pj's as they were plain, but so very very comfy!

I have put all of my normal clothes in the loft and left myself a capsule wardrobe consisting of jumper dresses, leggings, maternity trousers, a few dresses and long cardigans. I have some matenity skinny jeans and some normal 'boy' jeans which I close using a hair bobble ( gonna get a belt though) I don't reckon i will need anything else (although saying this I am a clothes-a-holic and will probably still be buying maternity clothes when i am 36 weeks pg!!!)

xxx

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 5:43pm

My normal clothes are still fitting no probs. Not had to buy any maternity clothes yet!

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 7:15pm

It's only the last few (3) weeks that I have HAD to stop wearing my regular jeans (no maternity belts) and start wearing the maternity trousers full time although I must admit that I was in fact wearing the maternity clothes too from about 16 weeks. They are comfy. Only problem now is that with the shape of my belly there are no curves for my trousers to cling to and they tend to slip down. Very embarrassing when you are sitting in a restaurant and have to get up and wlak to the loo holding your trous for fear they will slip far enough to reveal your knickers... :D

Maddy777

• "Maddy777" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 10th 2006

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 7:28pm

I'm already in maternity stuff :rolleyes:

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 10:04am

I felt really uncomfortable in my maternity trousers yesterday :( I felt like they were coming up too hight on my waist. I think I'll have to invest in some 'under the bump' ones.

Today I've resorted to wearing some browny/biege linen trousers from Tesco - the size 12 are quite big.

I've also spotted some lovely maternity stuff in the Jojo Mama Bebe catalouge - although the 3 items I REALLY like come to £100 8o

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 1:59pm

Where would you recommend getting maternity trousers from?

I just want a couple of pairs of black trousers that are comfy so i can look tidy and smart for work and going out. My trousers are finally getting a bit tight although my jeans are still falling off me!

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 3:22pm

i'd def recommend Next

Reg: Apr 18th 2006

Children: 5 year old daughter

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 3:25pm

Michelle

i have been wearing some black plain maternity trousers from H&M. they are a thick t-shirt like material, but you honestly cannot tell, they just look like they are plain black trousers. i wear them everyday now and could not wear anything else. they were also really cheap!!(about £15) When they are in the wash i wear my plain black gym bottoms from m&s, equally as comfy and look great. I have to dress quite smart for work as i am constantly meeting clients.

I have also seen a pair of black suit trousers from Topshop maternity section, they were around £40 and really nice, masculine cut straight legged.

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kungfulisa" (Oct 24th 2006, 3:25pm)

Bagpuss

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 3:37pm

M&S do some eslasticated waist ones which are really comfy & you can use them after your pg too

Wednesday, October 25th 2006, 8:26am

Our M&S don't do maternity - I'll have to have a look on-line I think. Apparently Dorothy Perkins have some nice black trousers with the elastic around the front for about £15 - will have a look this weekend.

Bagpuss

Wednesday, October 25th 2006, 8:41am

The M&S ones I got weren't maternity, just normal trousers but cos they were elasticated they sat nicely in the early months & didn't dig in anywhere.

Wednesday, October 25th 2006, 8:43am

Well that's a definite excuse to go into town and have a browse then :D

Bagpuss

Wednesday, October 25th 2006, 8:45am

Who needs an excuse ;) :rolleyes: :P

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Wednesday, October 25th 2006, 8:17pm

Gearge at Asda do some alright maty clothes- quite cheap too.
xx

Thursday, October 26th 2006, 7:48am

For some reason our Asda isn't doing maternity at the moment, I think it's because they have all the sale stuff there - will pop back in a few weeks and have a look

Maddy777

Friday, October 27th 2006, 6:36pm

I got some fab stuff today from H&M gorgeous cords, got a whole wardrobe for £100 8o

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Maddy777" (Oct 27th 2006, 6:38pm)

Saturday, October 28th 2006, 12:54pm

Oooooh well done Maddy - I've just bought some black trousers from Dorothy Perkins for £16. I'm going on a shopping trip to Bath on Nov 25th so I hope to get a new wardrobe then :D

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 1:47pm

Plus size maternity clothes

AS a plus size women when I was pregnant I couldn't find anywhere that sold plus sized maternity clothes, I just had to buy bigger sizes.

Well Simplybe.co.uk is now doing plus sized maternity clothes. Just incase there are any plus size girls struggleing to look good while preggers like I did!

Jox

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 2:52pm

I was sent an e-mail about this as well today.

Hoping that I get a BFP soon so that I can buy some stuff.

I sent simply be an e-mail as well to say that I think that they have really found a gap in the market so hopefully they will increase their range.

nin x x

Children: Twin Girls

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 7:19pm

RE: Plus size maternity clothes

Jo,

Sounds great, I have the simply be catalogue, has nice clothes in.

As I don't know your size, I was a 18-20 before becoming preg & dreaded buying M clothes as I had a huge TWIN bump, but found Next fantastic, the size 20 maternity clothes were massive & lasted the whole 38 wks, the jeans did keep falling down but the tops were very comfy.

Just in case you preggers girls needed help. D. Perkins were rubbish for me.

xxxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Nov 1st 2006, 7:20pm)

Maddy777

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 7:29am

yeah DP's sizes are small!! I am a 16-18 depending on the brand (and my little bump), but DP's I'd need a 20+ (Although I am sure I will need to go up as I grow. The other thing I have trouble with is that I am 5'10" and lots fo the jeans are regular length!! Luckily got some at H&M

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Maddy777" (Nov 2nd 2006, 7:30am)

Children: Twin Girls

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 7:21pm

Maddy,

Have you tried http://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/prod…&language=en-GB

for jeans they do a long length.

:xxx3:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Nov 2nd 2006, 7:32pm)

Friday, November 3rd 2006, 10:43am

I've been to Dorothy Perkins a few times and I haven't been able to get longer length once!

I'm going to Cribs Causeway in Bristol on Sunday to try and get some nice maternity stuff for when I'm reeeeeeally fat, lol

Saz

Friday, November 3rd 2006, 10:46am

I managed to get long length from DP, and George.

Friday, November 3rd 2006, 10:47am

MMmmmmm went to my local Asda yesterday and was told "we don't do maternity any more" X( Hence why I'm having to go over to Bristol :rolleyes:

Saz

Friday, November 3rd 2006, 10:49am

:what: Ours has full aisle of stuff! Nasty Asda!!

We also have a George shop in the city centre and one at a local retail park!

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 12:16pm

jeans help please...again !!

:(

girls
I thought I'd cracked my jeans issue when I bought my maternity ones fromm Next with the black elastic panel......not so..... the bloody things keep failling down. I can only assume they're for at the end of pregnancy when you're a lot bigger to keep the panel stretched.
Last week I brought braces to see if I could hold them up ( see how desperate i am) but that was a no go.

any ideas??

Caz xxx

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 12:17pm

there are some mid term ones in mother care......

how big is your bump hun???

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 12:19pm

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/node/n/4279…e=UTF8&mcb=core

the first ones are good, think minnie has a pair.....

or there are some ones in top shop that go under your pump???

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 12:20pm

A belt??? That happened with me but beleive me my the end they were straining!!!

ZIG

Ace

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 12:40pm

I'm going to be digging out my fantastic Next maternity jeans very soon, as my bump is blummin' huge (and I'm only 15 weeks). They have elasticated bits over the pockets, rather than an elasticated waistband, and didn't fall down as easily as my other pair. Another good investment was an extender - I think they are called Belly Belts????? - which meant I could wear my normal trousers etc until I was quite far on. You can get them from various catalogues. My last maternity wear was for winter so I'm having to invest in a few new bit's'n'bobs (oh dear - what a shame!) so thankfully the maternity style top is in at the moment! Last time I spent a lot of money on a pair of designer maternity jeans and they were the biggest waste of money - I can only blame hormones. Stick to Next - value for money and brilliantly comfortable with it.

Oh - H&M Maternity is fab too, as is TopShop for something a bit trendier. Isabella Oliver is great for something a bit special (a bit pricey, but hey...) and if anyone is pregnant and getting married, then you can't go wrong with Monsoon! I used to be a stylist and fashion art director before Bella arrived, and so shopping was my life!

ZIG x

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 12:48pm

A bella band (or belly band by other makes)

Cazz, what size are you?

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 4:32pm

I'm a 16 on the bottom girls but have a flabby belly, so the under the bump ones won't work for me as my lovely roll of flab will be hanging over them. my bump seems to have started just under my boobs so I find my normal jeans ( per una) with the belly extender thingy seems to cut me in half , it's just not comfy.

On the plus side been in a beer garden with my friend this afternoon and going to order some nice skirts from Nextso think the jeans issue might hav a workaround. Think I might try sewing extra elastic to keep them up. Either that or I'm not meant to have any

Caz xxx

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 5:08pm

cazz I went Asda and bought some fab skirts with elasticated waist for only £10 and cos I bougt a larger size they lasted all through my PG.......also went to New Look and bought larger sized linen trews for £15 whcih I lived in too.......now Ive given them to friends!!

Reg: Oct 9th 2005

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 5:21pm

hi caz, i know what you mean it's such a pain i have given up. I bought a pair under the bump from new look which kept falling down, then i found a pair in Marks and Spencers and they keep falling down too, so i'm not going to buy any more, keep wearing leggings, dresses have been the most comfy for me but my leg veins are starting to look pretty awful, good luck hun x

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 5:26pm

Hi Caz - nearly 22wks - where has the time gone 8o :D

I bought lovely next ones - that kept falling down, so I thought I'd wait until near the end to wear them, they are fine to stand up in and look really nice, but I can't sit down in them as they go really tight around the hips and pelvic area.

I've had to live in the over-the-bump trousers I bought from Mothercare a few months ago - these and my joggy b's from mothercare. I've gone past caring wearing the same thing every day and having to wash and dry them overnight now!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE