You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, January 2nd 2006, 9:58pm

It is literally a cotton/lycra band that sits under your boobs and over your belly. It is in my suit case in the car at the mo but will dig it out tomorrow and put a pic on for you, only cost £5.00.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 9:33pm

Do only tall rich women get pregnant?

I can't find a pair of maternity jeans to fit me. All the shops that do reasonably priced ones don't do them in a short length. I'm getting very annoyed. I've tried Dorothy Perkins, the short length ones are too long. New Look near me don't do maternity. Mothercare have sold out of my size. Asda don't do maternity in short length. Next only do under bump and I want ones with a big stretchy waistband. I'm a Northern lass, I like a bargain. If I have to spend more than £40 on a pair of jeans I want them to last me for years, not just few months. Its getting very frustrating. Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 9:49pm

I have the opposite problem! And not being rich doesn't help mothecare are really over priced, I bought a few pairs from ebay and I also found some trousers in new look that have beig waist bands, they aren't maternity but I live in them they are so comfortable.

As for over the bump I found that they are better if you have short legs as you can really hitch them up!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 9:50pm

Sorry the New look trousers were only £15.00 black, brown or white

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 10:19pm

Oooh there was a pair of maternity pants in the charity shop in Ramsbottom today (Mrs J will know where that is ;)) ... I should start looking for these things and flog 'em on ebay :D

Mrs J, could you get a few more weeks wear out of your normal jeans by looping a hair bobble through the buttonhole and wearing a long top to cover it?

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 10:35pm

Mrs J

Bloomig Marvellous do jeans I think for about £35 but dont quote me on it..not sure if they have the style you want but you can get 10% discount easy enough through variuos methods.

Bells

Oh my god I stopped being able to get my fat arse and legs into my size 8 jeans at about week 10...now Im finding 10s tight.....changing my name to Cowbell from now on!!!

Mind at least Im a shorty so plenty of choice for me!!!!!

xxxxxx

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 1:09am

If you can easily shop on ebay and want them cheap, look for the Formes brand of clothes

they are wonderful! I'm still wearing those maternity jeans as they have a huge (like 6-8 inches!) elastic waist band - I ditched the mothercare pair after my 1st trimester as the elastic dug into my belly!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 7:15am

Thanks ladies, I will get DH on ebay, he likes that kind of thing. And Bells, I'll be looking in the charity shops, MIL lives in Greenmount near Ramsbottom, so I might take her shopping.

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 7:57am

I went in mothercare - all wrong sizes, went into DPs, all weird fits - under arse let alone under bump!

If I COULD just find 1 pair which will see me through I'll kiss the ground!

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:03am

for this whole pregnancy i have worn one pair of jeans and one pair of cords and they are now pretty much in shreds and will only be fit for the bin after my baby is born!!! the choice out there is rubbish and stupid money.

Missy

Superstar

• "Missy" started this thread

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:05am

Mrs J.. turn ups are in this season!! And with it being nearly summer you could get away with it! If not buy some wonderweb and just iron them upto the length you need. I also have the same problem as Chilli, couldn't find any long enough!! Oh, and additions do 2 styles of jeans in 4 lengths for #15! :D

xxx

mrsjasper

Megastar

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:16am

I would have done the wonder web thing with the DP jeans Sam, but they had one on those trendy hems with a wrinkly bit at the back thats supposed to be a feature (not sure I've described that very well). Turn ups are a good idea but I feel a bit like one of Dexys Midnight Runners in them (showing my age there)! I will try Additions as well.

Also, no one tells you theres a bit of pregnancy where your normal clothes don't fit any more but maternity stuff is huge on you.

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:18am

Bec - you're so right you know - maternity gear is a lot more expensive than it should be - you can only wear them for a short space of time!!

I have 2 pairs of work trousers - 1 pair £34 and the other £30! and 1 pair of casual trousers = £20 and joggers = £18! And I'm hoping this lot will last the whole term!!!

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:36am

I think I know what you mean MrsJ!! I found some others but can't remember where now! yes, maternity clothes are too expensive, and I wasn't particuarly impressed with the range available either!! There are pregnant women wearing the same outfits for miles, no matter what their taste in clothes!!! :D

xxx

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:43am

Mrs J

I am selling a pair of mine on Ebay at the moment.

They are Dorothy Perkins ones, over the bump and I am only 5ft3 with short legs. I have worn them twice as I prefer the under the bump ones.

Have a look in the buy/sell/swap section on FZ hun, if your interested we can sort something out and I can post them for you.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:44am

I think I checked out yours Vicki. Are they a 12 or a 14?

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:45am

I have got quite alot, but the best thing to do is buy a few pairs of jeans or trousers and loads of dresses that go to the knee.

I went to primark and got 5 floaty dresses (ideal for the summer) and I wear them with my trousers or jeans, so if my jeans are sagging round my backside then knowone can see!

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 8:56am

Oh yeah I didnt think about the size. They are a 12.

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 9:00am

I got some lovely maternity clothes from H&M, the prices aren't bad either and they are in fashion.

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 9:04am

I will agree with that Lisa, I have some lovely bits from H&M

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 9:15am

the Nottingham H+M are a bit pants, weird sizes and shapes. Think I have to be about 7 months before I can get into any of them!

Tigger

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 12:45pm

Try Primark or shops like that. I'm wearing size 14 trousers (normally a 8/10) and have a bit of room left. They were dead cheap, cotton and dead easy. They fit with a tie band so OK for change in sizes. Mind you I did have to take about 5 inches of the bottom!!! (I'm a short arse too).

S xx

mrsjasper

Megastar

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 8:21am

Have just spent £90 on Next website got 3 pairs of traousers and 4 tops. That will have to last me until the baby is born.

I've just thought how this thread must read if you are TTC. I hope I don't give the impression I'm moaning (well only a little bit). I feel extremely privelidged to have these so called 'problems' finding maternity clothes and I wouldn't swap it for the world. I just might have to come to work naked.

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 8:24am

LOL!! Well that would certainly get people talking!!! I know how you feel though MrsJ, and don't think you were moaning.. I remember how difficult it was to get well fitting maternity clothes too!

xxx

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 8:29am

For the last couple of months, I have worn one pair of jeans, one pair of black trousers and one skirt and only about 4 t-shirts. I like them all, but instead of being bored (well, just a tiny bit), it's actually wonderful not to have to look at a whole wardrobe and wonder what on earth I'm going to wear today. Having no choice is actually a feeling of freedom for a change!!

Mind you, within the next week, my choice might just expand a little bit. 8o

Limpet

mrsjasper

Megastar

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 1:18pm

Maternity clothes

I found some really good stuff at Tchibo. If anyone has a shop near them they are doing maternity wear and baby stuff from today. You can also order from the website at
www.tchibo.co.uk
I've ordred the jeans, cardy and top and trousers set. I will let you know if they are any good when they arrive. The shops also do lovely coffee!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 1:53pm

Aw look at the baby clothes!!!!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 1:58pm

and look:

http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTERSHOP…ductSKU=0009261

it's the cheapest I've seen !

mrsjasper

Megastar

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 2:02pm

I know they are gorgeous. We are going to buy the high chair as well, the beech wood will match our dining table. Jenny I think you should get the little girls dress, its gorgeous. And the matching knickers are so cute!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 2:09pm

dresses URGH. Oh, ok, it's not for me.

I like the travel cot - such good value too. I wonder how much it is to deliver.

Going to have a good look at it at home later!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 2:22pm

The delivery charge on my clothes was about £3. Not sure what it would be for heavier things.

Is your little girl going to be in nice trendy jeans etc...

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 2:45pm

she'll be trendy with a hint of girlyness. Although give me time and I'll be buying girly things before she'll have the chance to say 'urgh no more mum'!!

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 3:07pm

That site has some good bargains.. I'm contemplating the high chair too, but I'll hold off until we've decided whether to move house or not first!!

Jen, my mum has bought Lol some really cute dresses, but I refuse to put her in a party dress just to sit at home!!! I never really go anywhere for that sort of thing, so she is normally in jeans or trousers. That said I have picked up some gorgeous denim skirts :D She looks rather cute in them!!

xxx

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 3:41pm

Jen - be warned you are asking for a girlie girl!!!!!!!!!!

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 5:31pm

They are lovely. The top & capri pants for £4.99 look a bargain! I've told my friend about it as she is always on the look out for nice clothes for her daughter who is 1 next month.

thanks mrsj.

xxx Lorraine xxx

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 5:32pm

Have ordered:

Travel Cot
3 wooden stacking towers
girls cardi (lol)
2 fitted sheets (1 white 1 pink)

from the above website.

God I must stop this buying malarky!

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 11:53am

lol @ jen ! - shopaholic !

Tigger

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 12:23pm

I've got the top & trousers set for £15. Its very comfortable although the trousers won't last forever as they're quite flimsy. Will last this pg though which is all you can ask for for £15!! Bargain, wish I'd bought more of the range!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 3:01pm

After I'd spent £40 on the website I've been in the shop and everythings on 3 for 2, Doh! Anyway I've now got the cropped khaki pants, the blue vest top and the white floaty top as well!
You're right Tigger the quality's not brilliant but for the price who cares!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 8:29pm

I found out that there's a Kiddicare in town - been on the website today and OMG I'm going to be spending a fortune there!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 1:21pm

Mrs J - my items from tchibo arrived yesterday!

I got the travel cot, pink cardy, pink and white fitted sheets and some wooden toys - they're fab. Don't think babs will have the wooden toys to play with for a bit as the tops are like small balls and shouldn't be put in mouths - more like a feature in the room!!!

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 1:25pm

most of my maternity clothes have come from Next / Jojo Bebe / Blooming marvellous or Dorothy perkins.

got a top in the sale from Mama's & Papa's but it still was a bit pricey !

havent ventured with the maternity jeans yet - i am still in my normal ones i just have to wear Belly Belt now. thats a fab invention !

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 1:36pm

OMG Kizzy how jealous am I ...I cant get my normal jeans over my knees!! Ive just bought a fab pair of slouchy jeans from Next......very flattering on my new lardy arse and mallow legs!!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 1:55pm

I daren't even try!

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 2:00pm

The Next range is good aint it Tink ?

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 2:50pm

H&M are great too x

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 2:58pm

the maternity top i am wearing today is H&M ..... see ? :D

mrsjasper

Megastar

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 3:02pm

And me!

My Tchibo stuff hasn't arrived yet, maybe it will be ther when I get home.

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 3:23pm

WE MIGHT BE WEARING THE SAME ONE !!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE