You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Kambec" started this thread

Reg: Sep 16th 2008

Children: No children as yet - hopefully sometime soon!

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 11:26am

Help Holiday Booked!!!!

Hi everyone,

I am hoping you will be able to advise me. We have been trying for children for 4 years and in September last year we were informed that our names were down on the NHS waiting list for IVF and that there was about an 18 month waiting list.

We continued our lives as normal and went away to america for christmas last year and followed with 4 trips to Spain this year (we love holidays and my parents have an apartment in Spain). In May of this year we decided to book our hristmas holiday to Las Vegas departing on 23rd of December.

Then in June we received a letter to say that our treatment would be in September and that we had to go in for the initial consultation. Cutting a long Story short we found out last week that i am pregnant and we are over the moon but i dont know what to do.

I have high blood pressure and have had for 5 years but it is being controlled by medication. We have made the decision that it would be best not for me to travel as i have high blood pressure and do not want to risk anything.

What would you advise is the best way of getting around it as our holiday insurance ends on 16th December (annual policy) and i have rang up expedia who have said you cannot change the names of people travelling on the flights as they are to America!

Please help any advice welcome as i hate the fact that i am not going away for Christmas anyway let alone loosing £1800.00!

Thankyou for any advice

Becca x x x

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 11:32am

Your insurance should cover cancellation if you were to do it now though shouldn't it?

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 11:33am

I am only 5 weeks pregnant by the way so should i wait for the first scan - which isnt until the 15th December as my husband stuck in work the week before or will this be too late to try and ring the insurance?

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 11:35am

I dont know - and i am worried that if i ring them and they say it is not covered as it ends on the 16th December that i would not beable to renew the insurance as i know i am pregnant?

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 11:40am

You need to read your policy wording to find out if you're covered if you book the holiday and cancel within the policy period even if the holiday itself falls outside the period of cover.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE