You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 6:08pm

undercooked chicken. advice?

I just bought some chicken from the hotfood counter in a supermarket. I took one bite and swallowed it and then another bite and saw blood! I spat the second bite back out. What are my chances of salmonella/listeria? Should i go and make myself puke up? If i were to get symptoms, when would they show?

thanks
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

cazd

Ace

Reg: Aug 4th 2008

Children: Blessed with 1 beautiful little boy june 2009

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 6:13pm

I'm no expert but i would say that if you only had 1 bite your probably alright, if you do have food poisoning i think it usually showes up within about 12 hours.

I hope you arn't ill.

:xxx3:
CAZ

Sept/Oct 08 - 2nd IVF Cycle BFP

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 6:21pm

The risks to you are absolutely minute, even less that anything could harm your baby. Please don't worry. Even if you did get food poisoning your baby would be fine.

However, you need to take it back and tell them to your supermarket so that this doesn't happen again. I did this once and they changed the entire way that the cooked chickens were monitored (and they gave me a tenner for my trouble).

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 8:49pm

Thanx for the reassurance girls. Im such a worrier anyway but im a nervous wreck now i've got baby to think about. I always used to laugh at my mum when she worried endlessly about me and now i know how it feels - and im sure once bubs is here i'll worry even more ha x
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE