You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, November 14th 2008, 5:24pm

Newly pregnant... what's the next step?

Hi everyone,

Well....just got out of hospital, having spent 12 days in there with severe OHSS, went in on day 11 of 2WW and were told that we were pregnant!!! Yay!! happydance

We have first scan booked for the 25th November. DH has picked up a FW8 form from the surgery but we do not know our due date so presume can't process that yet (I guess we have to wait for the scan...?) I know it is mega early days - 5 + 2 - but just wondered what we need to do next. Do we have to see our G.P.? Do we go through our consultant at the clinic and the hospital? Do we need a midwife straight away??

Anyway info and advice would be gratefully received xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

kanga

Reg: Oct 30th 2008

Children: Burton BCRM

Friday, November 14th 2008, 6:15pm

hi dusky i am in the same boat, waiting for scan on 20th and i think then the ball starts rolling with the gp etc. sure the clinic will tell us what to do next try not to worry . i hate the wait, just not knowing if everything ok, one or two, etc. feel like its not real at the minute, want a pregy belly to make it seem real. take care dusky xx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Friday, November 14th 2008, 6:28pm

Congratulations to you both, on your bfp's!

I think it can vary from GP to GP, and may be slightly different, if you are both under the care of your clinics, during the early weeks, but with me I saw my GP when I got my bfp, and was told to ring and make an appt to see the mw at 8 weeks, for my booking appt at 10 weeks. I had to fill in a few forms, before seeing the mw.

At the booking appt, they go through your history, I was booked into the hospital (very surreal at 10 weeks!). She did my bp, weight, took bloods, I had to do a urine sample.
We were given lots of info too, covering a wide range of things.

Some ladies see their mw's at around 8 weeks, some mw's will contact you, rather than you having to make the appt, like I say, it seems to vary.

I'm not sure on this, but think if you are under the care of your clinic, they may see you for the 1st few weeks, have they said anything about following you up? And, from what I've read on here, it seems at some point, ladies are discharged into the care of their community mw's/GP, and the consultant who will be caring for them during their pg, if they are under consultant led care.

HTH, but if you are unclear, I would say, either contact your clinic, and ask them, or pop along and see your GP.

xxx

<

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: on way :)

Friday, November 14th 2008, 6:49pm

Hiya Dusky
glad to see you are out of hospital, hope you're feeling better. I saw my GP after first scan and they then sorted out a midwife appointment which was basically a lot of form filling in. I've had scans since every 2 weeks as i'm on steroids and they may see you more due to the OHSS, i dont mind as its lovely to see the baby growing. after initial midwife appointment mine isn't seeing me again until 16 weeks. Midwife also told me who to phone for muy dating/nuchal scan and it seems she pretty much controls what happens now although i'm still under my consultant i think until am weaned off steroids.
Brillinant news - so pleased you have a BFP!
Sarah xx

36 yrs
1 yr clomid
ICSI July 06 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
FET March 07 - BFN
ICSI July 07 - BFN
IVF Nov 07 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
ICSI April 08 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
ICSI Sept 08 with steroids - BFP, saw heartbeat at 5 weeks!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Friday, November 14th 2008, 9:13pm

congrats on ur bfp! x
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Peppa

Friday, November 14th 2008, 9:23pm

Dusky - you CAN do the FW8 form right away and you will be sent your maternity exemption form.
You can work out your due date from the EC date and use that, any change at your scan would be so small that it wouldn't matter and some hospitals (like mine) wont change a due date when it's an IVF pregnancy as you know the exact date of conception.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Hoop

Reg: Sep 28th 2008

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 8:58am

Hi again Dusky - so happy for you hon!

Dusky, Kanga - I'm in the same boat too. Waiting for our first scan on 20th but otherwise am non the wiser as to what we need to do. It's the first BFP we've had so literally no idea about this at all. I hadn't even heard of an FW8 form... Figure we'll wait until the scan to ask our questions...

Hoop xxx
ttc since October 2005
Me 31, DH 31
Diagnosed with mild-moderate endometriosis but generally classed as unexplained infertility.
IVF Feb/Mar 08 - chemical pregnancy for a few days
IVF Oct/Nov - BFP! First ever... please stay with us Rocky...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hoop" (Nov 15th 2008, 8:59am)

Reg: Aug 9th 2008

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 5:46pm

You need to ring your GP surgery and make a booking appointment with the midwife. Your clinic may keep seeing you and arrange early scans or some bloods etc.., but you will need a midwife to go through the entire pregnancy. The booking appointment wil take place between 8 and 12 weeks, depends on the workload of your midwife, often if they cant fit you into a clinic they will see you at home. Do it soon as you will be given lots of info and offered parentcraft classes etc.., the midwife will arrange your 20 week scan and other blood tests and should take the time to explain everything to you.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Monday, November 17th 2008, 11:42am

Thank you so much guys, it's just so exciting isn't it!!!

Am a little confused as obviously clinic has been seeing me every day for the past 2 weeks because of the OHSS... I will ask at my (OHSS) scan tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much for your posts :smile: xxxxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE