You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

8868dee

• "8868dee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: DD1 17 yrs and DD2 4 years x they are both my everything xxx love my girls soo much xx

What's Up?
New cycle start Feb/ March fingers crossed

Friday, October 31st 2008, 11:27am

ACU, Birmingham Women's Hospital

hi guys

justy found out that due to me having blocked fallopian tubes that ivf is our only option as they wont give me a lap due to my epilepsy. :sadface:

am interested in the Birmingham Assisted Conception Unit. does anyone know of any one who has been there for tx.?

i am very new to all this and dont really know where to go i live in gloucester so any advice welcome thanks
dexxx

De:34 DH:36
DD1: 17yrs - Natural
DD2: 4 yrs - FET #3
DH: Super-Sperm | ME: No Fallopian Tubes
June 2011 Ruptured Ectopic (tubes removed)

8 Cycles IVF ( 4 X Fresh / 4 X Natural FET)
2 X Miscarriages (11+9 weeks) ;(
1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(
1 x Rainbow Baby Girl (05/14) : D

8868dee

• United Kingdom

Children: DD1 17 yrs and DD2 4 years x they are both my everything xxx love my girls soo much xx

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 7th 2009, 10:20pm

fertility clinic birmingham

has anybody had ivf tx at birmngham assisted conception unit in the birminghams womens hospital as this is where we are looking at for our first ivf tx and would like other opinions on the place.

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, January 7th 2009, 10:25pm

Your other thread is in the clinic feedback area hun

ACU, Birmingham Women's Hospital

I think picklesmum was there?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 9:40am

We were treated there too- pm me if you want.
x

Rose

Star

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 9:41am

Just replied on your other thread- but we were treated there too- feel free to pm me if you would like.
x

8868dee

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 4:35pm

hi rose

thanks for that. i did try to pm you but your inbox is currently full so ill post questions here

i really appreciate you giving me infomation on the birmingham acu clinic.

could you please tall me what the clinic is like and the staff there?

also how long is the waiting list after referral?

how long after initial consultation did your treatment start?

thanks very much

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

Rose

Star

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 8:28pm

Hi, The clinic is part of an NHS hospital, and therefore doesn't look as smart as a private clinic might do, but the staff were all very pleasant and friendly.
They treat both NHS and private patients, and tbh I can't remember how long I waited after the referal for the apptointment but about 3 months maybe??

We had the initial consultation in August and then I started treatment in December ( however they wanted me to have my next smear done and get the results back before they started so it probably would have been sooner)

We had the initail consulation done on the NHS, but then paid to go private for the treatment. The NHS list then was about 3 years.
We had ICSI, and were really lucky- hope you get some good luck too!
X

8868dee

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, January 9th 2009, 10:51pm

thanks very much rose the infomation helped

we would ber going private as in our area i have to be 30 to get nhs treatment and im only 25.

take care
de x x x

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

Reg: Oct 26th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful girl from 1st IVF attempt

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 7:09pm

Hi all,

Sorry to butt in but do any of you know the IVF rules in Worcestershire.
How old do you have to be and what restrictions are there on getting NHS treatment?

Many thanks
TigerLilly xmas39

Rose

Star

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 8:58pm

I'm not sure hun, but if you check the HFEA website you may get some info on there.
http://www.hfea.gov.uk/en/1131.html

8868dee

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 9:23am

hi all

just thought id let you know that having ivf at birminghams acu is looking more likely now and we have decided to go down the egg sharing programme route.

we will bw having the initial consultation on the nhs but paying for the reduced cost of donating eggs and having ivf if successful.

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

Reg: Aug 24th 2009

Children: none

Monday, August 24th 2009, 11:25pm

RE: ACU, Birmingham Women's Hospital

hi there im new on this website but just wanted 2 say i had my first icsi treatment in the acu womens hospital all the staff and doctors there are amazing they took such good care of me, they were also very carefull and always at hand whenever i needed 2 call they would always help. when i go 4 my second treament i will b going bk to acu.

n.khan
xxxx
n.khan

Clara3

Reg: Sep 22nd 2009

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 4:34pm

Had one round of ICSI recently, NHS funded at ACU - nurses are great, sometimes have to wait ages to be seen and the operating theatre is like a cupboard but overall we had good experience, despite being unsuccessful. Thinking about trying MFS though...

8868dee

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 4:42pm

hello everyone just to let you know after another year of tests and laps we are definatly going to be having ivf at birminghams acu self funded but consultations and scan and hormone tests are free. just waiting to see if having my fallopian tubes taken out is a good thing for us as we have bilateral hydrosalpinges

thankss for all advice

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

Debbie

Reg: Nov 14th 2009

Sunday, November 15th 2009, 7:47pm

Hi
I'm under the ACU at Birmingham womens hospital. I find the staff there amazing. When I suffered OHSS they really looked after me. If you want to PM me you can xx
Debs
Debs

raerae

Reg: Dec 7th 2009

Children: ACU BWH

Monday, December 7th 2009, 12:09pm

ACU BHAM

hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and fertility treatment. I had an ectopic last year and lost my left fallopian tube in the process. We have struugled to get pregnant since. I've got very irregular cycle and the bloods my GP did suggest ovulation issues. We were refered to the ACU very quickly, first app next week. I'm really nervous and dont know what to expect? I've been reading the other posts and I was shocked by the NHS waiting list for treatment!! Is that drug treatment too?

could anyone tell me what to expect at my first appointment?

Thanx

Rae xx

8868dee

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, January 15th 2010, 5:15pm

hey all

i have my bloods appt on the 4th febuary then im being referred to birminghams womens hospital for ivf so will let you all know what it is like when i get there

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 8:04am

They are all really friendly at acu , no complaints
so far :))

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

Katty

Reg: Apr 23rd 2010

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 5:21pm

WAITING LIST FOR BIRMINGHAM WOMEN HOSPITAL?????

Please can someone tell me how long the IVF waiting list is for Birmingham Women’s Hospital (ACU) l have got my consultation in May 2010, which feels like a life time away....as l and cannot find any information on this and its driving me mad.
I hope someone out there can reply even if u have a rough idea, so that l can maybe feel that l have more hope and belief in the NHS waiting times and be able to just even pretend that the time is coming closer to our positive future. ?o(
Thank youKayxxx :bawl:

Reg: Apr 26th 2010

Monday, April 26th 2010, 6:01pm

Hi,

we applied for nhs funding start of jan, had a letter a couple of weeks after this to say we had been accepted for the funding and would be on a 4 month waiting list. we had another letter about 3 and half months later to say funding had been released and birmingham acu would contact us directly to arrange an appointment. we had to go to the hospital last week for hubby to have an up to date test done, then we have an appointment in may for a group session then hopefully will start treatment soon after. x
me 30 Dh 37

icsi aug 2010 BFN

fet nov 2010 BFN apr 2011 BFN

Reg: Mar 21st 2010

Friday, May 7th 2010, 2:01pm

ACU Birmingham Womens Hospital

Hi there, Vic if you wouldn't mind me asking under what reason did you appeal for funding as I've just had my first appeal declined as my partner already has a child from a previous relationship. I find this to be most unfair when I'm not aloowed to see him let alone have any input into his life. My partner's relationship with him changes depending on the mothers request for the month. It's so very upsetting and now I have resorted to emailing and writing to my local MP for help.

We have been referred to Birmingham Womens as I have blocked fallopion tubes and TTC for 3 years.

P.s I thought the NHS were supposed to be working towards the 18 week pathway.. is that still correct?

Also may I ask you all that if you had to fund it yourself how much was it for IVF and ICSI as I've been told the region of £4k is that right?? ^^ ^^

Look forward to heaing from you soon

x

Reg: Apr 26th 2010

Friday, May 7th 2010, 6:24pm

Hi hbkmorris,

We applied for funding for icsi as my husband has low sperm count and motility. Its not fair that youv'e been turned down as your partner already has a child as like you say, he's not yours!!!!!

When we were accepted for funding we were told it would be about a 4 month wait until the funding was released and we would get an appointment at b'ham, and it was well within the time that they said.

Last time we went before we were accepted for the funding i asked them how much it would be to pay private and was told about £2800 but my own GP reckons its is more than this so not too sure.

Hope this helps xx
me 30 Dh 37

icsi aug 2010 BFN

fet nov 2010 BFN apr 2011 BFN

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Tuesday, September 21st 2010, 7:19pm

Update on ACU Birmingham Womens Hospital

Has anyone began treatment here recently? what was the waiting time? how do you know if you're getting funds or not? My doctor has referred us and we've received an appointment, but nothing mentions fee's and the Doctor didn't mention anything to us???
lottie

Reg: Sep 7th 2010

Monday, September 27th 2010, 10:44am

Hi, my partner and I have been to the Birmingham ACU recently. Please PM me for more info.

clairmac

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Friday, November 12th 2010, 1:52pm

i had treatment in 2009 at the acu thought it was great , we waited 3 months on nhs waiting list, always happy to help i rang them in tears a few times, it was successful and we have a little boy we are waiting for our app 8th dec fior a consultation for a fet so fingers crossed for us!!!!! xx defo recommed xx :thumbsup:

Reg: Mar 21st 2010

Sunday, November 14th 2010, 11:49am

Clairmac that's wonderful to hear as we are due to start treatment at ACU late December. So far the allocated sister is wonderful and my consultant is a wonderful lady but we've found them to be quite sharp on the phone.. I wouldn't mind but we're paying private and I was advised by my consultant not to go to the Priory for ICSI to remain with ACU as there success results we're much greater.

I' 36 and terrified it won''t work.. oooh all of a doings and waiting for the end of December seems a lifetime away!! Anyhow congrats on your little boy and fingers xfingers crossed for your FET.

Take Care

HBK x :thumbsup:

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 6:53pm

Thanks for the updates, i've had a letter today to say funding has been accepted and we're to go for a pre-treatment visit for IUI.... excited/scared/curious, does anyone know the timescale from this meeting to beginning the treatment??? first appointment is in 4 weeks time!

xxx
lottie

Reg: Apr 29th 2012

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 7:46pm

Hi, I was treated there some 14 years ago. I had had two ectopic pregancy and 9 i.v,f. Six at the Great Park Hospital in Nottingham with John Webster - two of them ended in miscarrage. Then three at a different hospital which were funded due to my awful treatment by Stafford hospital with My ectopic pregnancys. We chose the last attempt at the Birmingham as it was nearer to home and no travelling and less stress. We have a fourteen year old son who is just wonderful and of course I am so happy we went there.

Reg: May 10th 2013

Children: 1 step son

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 11:08am

I am currently in my first cycle of Ivf treatment at the fertility center at the Birmingham women's hospital. The unit is a little basic as it is within the hospital but it is always clean and the staff are overall amazing and supportive. To begin with we found they were sometimes a little bit too straight to the point but we are getting more confident in asking questions and asking for more detail.
We are self funding our treatment as my husband has a child from a previous marriage. We only see him every fortnight and as ,much as I love him, he is not my own so not be eligible for a funded cycle was disappointing at first, but paying cut our waiting time, we only had to was it about a month whilst we had blood tests and my smear. Once they were in place we were ready to start.
We were classed as 'unexplained fertility' but during an internal scan endimetriosis was discovered so my drugs were upped so now we have our fingers crossed they work and the rest of the treatment goes as hoped.

Reg: Apr 27th 2014

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 11:43pm

Hi I know this is an old thread but wondered if anyone is having or recently had treatment at Birmingham women's? X

Reg: May 5th 2014

Monday, May 5th 2014, 5:00pm

Hello Sarahj1981. I saw you'd posted recently and felt compelled to sign up. DH and I have been TTC since May 2011. In late '12 I thought I might have problems with endometriosis so was referred to City hospital. they no longer do fertility procedures so I was bounced over to BWH in May '13. DH went for semen analysis and we finally got seen in September of last year.

Up until that point I was sure I was the problem. Sadly an operation in his teens has cause male factor infertility in DH and we were told we were going straight to ICSI (bit of a shock when the consultant said that as the nurse had said there was nothing wrong not ten minutes beforehand!) My BMI was 34 - not 29 as City had claimed - so I was told to lose weight.

I struggled with the weight loss as I also suffer from M.E. I was 7lb away from my target by the next appointment in February of this year. Dr R was impressed with weight loss and booked me in for lap and dye (pain was excruciating by this point and not helping the weight loss). I had L+D in early March.

I have no idea what they found in me. All I know is the pain is mostly gone. I didn't get the chance to see consultant after the op. Nurse was quite keen for me to leave by 4pm (I had the op at 11am!) Husband picked me and managed to get me home. Arrived only to receive phone call saying we needed to go back to collect my antibiotics. Was a bit miffed because DH asked if we needed anything before we left!

I am now trying to lose the last few pounds before the next appointment in July. Fingers crossed this will be the last hurdle and we can apply for NHS funding. I hope the wait isn't too long after that. I hate feeling like I'm in limbo.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE