You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 7:42pm

Oh Elvis, your 12 week scan sounds wonderful - your little one waving hello and everything! Glad to hear that everything's going great, you'll have a wee bump showing soon... :D

Our 7 week scan was perfect and so exciting, but I'm having a bit of a wobbly just now as today my boobs have suddenly stopped hurting and pretty much gone back to normal size ?( I'm probably just being paranoid, but this also happened with our missed m/c last year and I remember at the time convincing myself that it was normal and not to worry. I want them to be bloody sore again! I've booked a private scan for next Wednesday so guess we'll find out soon enough.

Jensqui, how are you? Still feeling nice and sickly?

Take care all xxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 7:49pm

oh, elvis, your 12 week scan sounds magical - so pleased for you :D

Moogle - so sorry you're worried and I do understand why :sadface:
my boobs have gone up and down a bit over the last few weeks and I am constantly feeling them. Don't blame you at all for booking a private scan - if it reassures you then definitely worth it. All was good at your 7 week scan though which is a really, really good sign.
take care hun xxx

I'm fine thanks - still having some interesting times with my sick bucket but glad for it. Been signed off for half days again for a couple of weeks and saw my GP this morning to fill in forms. so, just sit and wait for 12 week scan appt to come through now.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 10:51am

Thanks Jen, will try and keep up my PMA till next week. Although now the sickness has gone too, so finding it hard to feel positive.

That's good you're on half days just now - your GP sounds great!

Take care everyone xxxx

JENSQUI

Megastar

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 11:53am

Moogle, if you are really worried, then give your EPU a call. I'm sure they'd be happy to reassure you.

xxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Reg: Aug 8th 2008

Children: m/c at 14 wks 2007

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 2:32pm

Hey Girls
Thanks for your comments.....Moogle, I agree with Jensqui, if you are still worried I would Give the early Preg unit a ring, just to ease your mind, my boobs did stop hurting so much at about 7 or 8 Weeks, I know everyone is different but I too thought "here we go again", its good you have another scan booked and not long to wait, but seriously consider the EPU, thats what they are there for!!

Jensqui - so glad things are going well for you, the sickness is a pain BUT all a good sign, I think mine MIGHT be starting to ease off, i was awful last week, constantly throwing up, I ate dinner last night, first time in a few months, and I kept it down!!

Take Care
A
8 X BFN Clomid & Metformin
9th round - Mar 09 150 Clomid :BFP: SHOCKED

Moogle

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 5:20pm

Thanks girls, I really appreciate your comments - I know you guys can understand what other people probably think is paranoia!

I did phone the EPU this afternoon and they didn't seem too worried as I'm not bleeding or anything - they didn't want to scan again though as I'd just had the scan 2 weeks ago. So am really glad we went ahead and booked the private one! Roll on next week....

Elvis - yay! You kept your dinner down! Hope this is the start of your nice healthy glowing stage now :D

Lxxx

Moogle

Monday, June 8th 2009, 11:01am

Jen, sorry I totally missed your other thread over the last few days - so so pleased that everything is well, you must have had such a fright.

Take it easy

Lxxx

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 10:33am

Hey Girls
Hope you are well...
Jen I just read your other thread...what a nightmare you have been through the last few days, you must be so relieved everything is okay and that your baby is doing well...

Moogle - what about things with you? how are you feeling? when is your scan? Am thinking of you and hope all is okay.

I am keeping grand although am still feeling sick which I know is a good thing but its hard not to feel a bit miserable with it!! I know being pregnant is the most precious thing I could ever have dreamt of, but not feeling great is a bummer!! I am still sleeping the clock through which I also thought would start to ease off at this stage!!

Take care
A

Moogle

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 1:39pm

Hey Elvis, glad to hear you're still feeling lousy - in the nicest possible way of course! When's your next scan then?

We're having a scan tomorrow evening so am looking forward to that but anxious too. I have had a wee bit nausea again since last week, mainly in the evenings, and DH assures me that my boobs are definitely still big! He is obviously a much better judge of that than me ;) I wish they would hurt again though! So at the moment just trying to stay positive and hope I'm just lucky with the symptoms - either way we'll know tomorrow.

Thanks and take care!

Lxxx

JENSQUI

Megastar

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 2:25pm

Hello ladies!

yep, Elvis, the sickness is not at all pleasant!! Like you, I'd endure anything as long as my baby is okay, but after 4 weeks of not having a proper meal and puking I won't be upset when the nausea disappears.

will be thinking of you tomorrow Moogle and hope all geos well with your scan. My boobs have never hurt, they're just bigger. Sounds like yours are the same now :D All good, I say xxx

only stuff to report from my end is appt dates. Have booking in appt wiht midwife on 22nd June, private nuchal fold scan on 23rd June and then '12' week NHS scan (when I'll be 14 weeks) on 2nd July.
Have recovered from my scare of last week - the last of the brown spotting went on Sunday which helped relax me.

xxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Moogle

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 8:36pm

Looks like I've just been lucky with symptoms after all :D :D :D

The scan tonight was amazing - had built myself up so much for bad news that I couldn't even look at the screen at first - I just looked at DH but knew immediately by the look on his wee face that our baby was just fine! Squirming, waving and boogieing away for us - and the sonographer even dated us 3 days ahead of schedule.

So now I'm going to stop whinging about my non-painful boobies and lack of sickness (well, I am still feeling a wee bit sick) and just try to enjoy this bit of calm while it lasts! :O

I hope you girls start feeling better soon - it won't be too long till we're all well into 2nd trimester territory now...

Lxxx

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 8:47pm

Hello ladies
I havent posted for ages, just read everyone's news every so often but have just got a BFP and am feeling a bit at a loss. I was trying to keep off the site as I keep reading all the m/c stuff and making myself feel worse. I was so pleased to see Jen's post on here as I've watched you go through so much. Sounds like its going brilliantly.
I am a bit in denial at the mo - I cant even bring myself to go to the docs or acknowledge the pregnancy. Even writing on here feels like it might jinx it - totally ridiculous I know. After the last m/c I went to the recurrent m/c clinic and nothing was found. They said to call as soon as I got pregnant again but I just can't. Has anyone else felt like this? I dont really know what to do.
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 9:14pm

Hey my lovely Dizzy friend. I haven't got any answers for you, but I just wanted to wish you love and luck this time hun. I am so hoping that your other losses were due to awful bad luck and that this one will be the one. Everything crossed for you mate. xxx
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 9:18pm

Hello Dizzy

It's so nice to see you!! :smile: I am so pleased to hear your news and I hope with all of my heart that things go well.

I can understand you not wanting to tell anyone, it took a lot of nagging from a couple of good friends to get me to go to my GP with this pg. I felt like telling people, GP or anyone would make bad things happen, which is daft I know but sometimes you can't help but feel that way can you? Do you think you'd feel better if you waited a week or so to tell the clinic you're pg again?

Sending you lots of love.

:cuddle

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

JENSQUI

Megastar

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 5:05pm

Oh Dizzyduck, how lovely to see you here (well, sad that you have had losses so are in this section, but pleased to see you with a BFP).

It's perfectly natural to bury your head in the sand sweetheart - it's a way of protecting yourself. But please, please, please don't think you are going to jinx it in any way - it just isn't true.

As you know, all of my recurrent tests came back clear as well. I did make a bit of a fuss before this pregnancy with the clinic about getting more support. I did this for a particular reason. Not sure if you've read Lesley Regan's Miscarriage book, but in there she mentions a phenomenon they noticed in the clinic. Basically, even if no cause for recurrent miscarriers, there seemed to be a surprisingly high success rate for their next pregnancy when they were carefully monitored. I did a bit more searching on this and came across a study that showed the same trend. I thought I'd saved the link to the study, but have just looked and now can't find it :sadface: Anyway, I can remember the figures as they were so striking. For people who had 3 or more miscarriages but no cause could be found with the usual tests, those who received extra support (frequent scans, early blood tests, somewhere to call if concerned) had a 50% success rate with their next pregnancy. Those without support had a 25% success rate...

So, whilst it is entirely your decision as to whether or not you call the miscarriage clinic, I'd say to make that call. The other way I looked at it was that, even if the worst happened again, maybe if I was being more closely monitored they would have more information that might help find a cause that would help me in the future.

Anyway, happy to chat any time on this thread or pm - I know how you're feeling xxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

JENSQUI

Megastar

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 5:20pm

oh Moogle, I didn;t notice your scan post - big apologies!!!

brilliant news about the scan - I am soooo pleased for you that it all went well and you are reassured. Hopefully you can start to enjoy the pregnancy now :D

xxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 7:08pm

Congrats to Moogle on your lovely scan!
Thanks for the advice - its nice to chat with familiar faces agin. I have been watching and seeing what you've been up to but not felt up to posting for ages - sorry! PP, I think I will just give myself the weekend and then make myself call them on Monday.
Jensqui - I remember the woman I saw at the miscaariage clinic said she trained under lesley Regan and also mentioned what you said about being monitored. I shall try to get more positive and see what she says.
Thanks so much for the support and advice
xxxx
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs

JENSQUI

Megastar

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:22pm

anytime dd, you know where we are xx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:25pm

Congratulations on your scan Moogle!! :D

Quoted

Originally posted by dizzyduck
I have been watching and seeing what you've been up to but not felt up to posting for ages - sorry!

Don't be sorry Dizzy, we all have times when we like to lurk and not post, well I know I do. I'm just glad that you decided to post now. :smile:

I can see why you want to give yourself until Monday until you call the clinic, you'll have the weekend to get your head around phoning up.

Don't forget, we're all here for you. :cuddle

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Moogle

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 10:07pm

Thanks ladies....and the smug smile has been wiped off Moogle's face as I started being sick again last night! Ha, serves me right!

Dizzyduck, I'm so sorry to hear what a rough time you've had - I can only imagine how anxious you must be right now. Some quiet congratulations on your BFP and I'll have everything crossed that this one sticks.

Take care everyone

Lxxx

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 12:10pm

Hey Girls
Hope you are all okay!! Hey Dizzy..good to see you on here, hope things are okay with you...when I got my BFP this time, I waited a while before I went to the doc, it was a bit surreal, but I completely understand the advice Jens is giving you. The NHS is always banging on about research and evidence, and if the evidence is there to confirm that you have a better chance with more early support then when your are ready you should go for it!!

Moogle - fantastic news about your scan, you must be so relieved and delighted!!

Are you ready for my crazieness !! I have a scan on Tuesday 23rd and I am getting myself into a real state about it, for the past year I havent had a full 4 weeks with no doctors appt, I was monitored really well on the Clomid and think I am so used to scans etc that it is freaking me out that I am waiting a month...I am so worried about the next scan, although I continue to be sick, its the only thing that sort of confirms that Im pregnant, and with the missed m/c at 14 weeks the last time I am preparing myself for the worst!! I feel completely irrational as I know my 12 week scan was great....am driving myself nuts!!

Sorry for venting !!!!!!!!!
Take care
A

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 12:32pm

Hi all

I have posted on the First Trimester but can I join you as I think this may be more appropriate?

I have my first IVF in Jan 09 and sadly m/c in March, I now have a mega surprising natural BPF last weekend!!! CANNOT believe it!!! so unlikely.

I have my 1st scan next week (aprox 6 1/2 weeks) and lost at 7 weeks last time so I am so so scared, dont want to get too excited and think I need to take one step at a time.

Feel a bit different this time, not a sick as last time but really really tired all the time and boobs not as sore as before, but.. last time I had all the medication which can give you pregnancy symptoms?

Think I am going to be afraid now until 12 week scan as this is the milestone I have given myself to work to. Not telling everyone this time either and thats hard too.

Kel xx

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 1:26pm

Hey Rosebud
welcome! Thats such great news about your natural BFP !! Its difficult though after a m/c and I totally identify with getting to the 12 week mark, I hope it flies in for you and good luck with your scan, look forward to hear how you get on.
Take care
A

• "Blondie" started this thread

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 2:33pm

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to symphathise with you Kel as I know how scary the thoughts of scans are. I am petrified of scan after having so many horrible ones previously. We plan to have one around 8 weeks and go from there.

I read the other day that if you have had a bad experience you are more likely to remember it than a good one, therefore you need to try the experience by adding something in that you love or makes you feel good.

For example I fear scans so whenever I think of having one now, I have my two boys Chas and Dave (cats!) with me and I do feel better about it.

I don't really have many symptoms either, I feel more tired, boobs are bigger but not too sore but I am really bloated, think it's the progesterone.

xx
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

JENSQUI

Megastar

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 2:44pm

hello everyone!

I think those of use with bad scan experiences will always dread those damn machines, even if the last scan we have was good. Like all things I fear/don't like so much (dentists, speaking in public, etc) I just remind myself that the time I will actually spend being scanned is such a tiny tiny amount of time - a drop in the ocean of a 24 hours day. Whilst a bad scan is heartbreaking at least you know rather than constantly wondering. And a good scan is soooooooo reassuring. Whilst noone can ever guarantee that everything will be okay, I'd rather have the odds on my side. At 8 weeks with a good scan (HB & sizes ok) the statistics say that there's a 96% chance it will go on to be successful. After my 8 week scan I reminded myself of that on a daily basis and it has helped.

My milestone has always been 20 weeks (my mum miscarried twice around this time)...still feels lilke a lifetime away but I'm inching slowly towards that date and it feels good :D

Rosebud - I really wouldn't read too much into your symptoms. Every pregnancy is different and, as you say, the medications you took with your IVF will have had a big impact on your body that time. Taking one step at a time is very wise - day by day you will grow in confidence.

love to you all xxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 7:53pm

Hello all - Jen you are such a wise woman! I am going to listen to your advice and try to get more positive! And thanks Moogle for your kind words.
Welcome Rosebud - fantastic news and good luck with the 1st scan
A - I totally understand how you feel about the scan! You can't help but think back to the last time but I'm sure this time will be different - its a great sign that you're being sick. All i have is sore boobs, but I have a cold and feel crap with that anyway so its hard to tell !
Blondie - what excellent names for your cats!
Take care everyone
xxx
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 2:23pm

Hey girls
thanks so much for your support......I just have to focus on the positive scans that I have had so far and not on the 1 negative one!!
Will let you know how it goes
Thanks again
A

Thursday, June 18th 2009, 5:00pm

Hi all

Well I have had my bloods done again today (as I was worrying and could not wait for scan next week) and they are now 7950 (expected around 3-4,000) they were 980 on Saturday, so the clinic are quite happy, but being the worrier I am, I am now worried if they are too high? shoudl they only be doubling every 48 hours???

I have my scan next week (aprox 6 1/ weeks) so need to see if a little h/b is there. I am so so scared but trying to stay positive.

Also I have a really achy lower tum, hips and lower back, which my clinic assure me can be normal in pregnancy but I dont remember the hip / back ache like this last time, although I know every pregnancy can be different. It aches more when I lay down at night sometimes?

Boobs not really sore, but I have started feelin a bit sick and cant face my green tea etc anymore (which happend last time)

If anyone has any advice or experience to share it would be much apprecitated.

Kel xx

BFP 19/02/09

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

JENSQUI

Megastar

Thursday, June 18th 2009, 7:11pm

don't worry about the HCG level doubling rate. 48 hours is a rough guide, not an absolute figure (some people's rates double faster, others more slowly taking 72 hours). What you will find is that, right at the beginning, the rate of doubling will be the fastest. This rate will not remain as fast though - as the values get higher, the rate begins to slow down. By the time the values get over 6,000 it can take as much as 96 hours to double, or it can still be doubling in 48.
I am sure if you have looked at any HCG charts you will have realised that there is a vast range of values for the stage you are at.

I really wouldn't worry about the aches you are experiencing - I bet you are super sensitive to anything your body is up to right now.

I am sure that your scan will reassure you a great deal, as scared as you are.

xxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, June 19th 2009, 9:55am

Hi Rosebud,
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
And I second everything that Jen says about beta hCG values. I've been having mine checked, initially daily and then alternate days. There is a huge range for normal values, and for me, my doubling times were faster than 48 hours initially and then they slowed down as the levels got really high. At just over 5 weeks, my levels were 12,000 and that was for a singleton. I'd say your levels are just perfect!
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

becks

Reg: Apr 17th 2008

Children: DH has 2 teenage daughters

Friday, June 19th 2009, 5:27pm

Hi folks

Hope it's ok to join you here. I haven't posted since a missed miscarriage last summer, after ICSI. it was only picked up in the 11 week scan that there was no heartbeat and it was the size of a 9wk embyro - ie I had carried around not realising it had been dead for 2 weeks.

We were able to freeze 3 frosties and plucked up the courage to put 2 in in March this year, both of which survived the defrosting but resulted in a BFN. Then the last little embie (only 3 cells) survived its defrosting and was put back in May - and resulted in a very surprising BFP!

I haven't really taken it in and am trying not to get too excited in case it all goes wrong again - I'm also setting up a new business so have plenty else to think about.

However I am dreading the first scan on 1 July.

This morning I was feeling like a blob as I haven't done any exercise for over a month, so I went to the gym to do some low impact cardio. Half way through I asked the instructor for some advice on setting up a suitable programme and he blanched at what I had done already, so I am a bit worried today. He said it is basically swimming and walking only, until 12 weeks.

Also I think it is partly that I am in denial and I expect to be told off by you, but last time (before the miscarriage) I was completely teetotal, a caffeine free zone etc, and it didn't do me any good, so I have had the occasional glass of wine this time.

Thoughts???!!

I am also interested to know how you girls have had your hcg levels tested? My docs are pretty uninterested and the midwife only wants to see me at 8 weeks, while the fertility clinic has only offered the scan at 7wks, no other tests? I'm also interested to know if we can get any more frequent scanning done on the NHS, to try and know earlier if there are any problems like last time.
Ist ICSI Apr 08 - :BFP:
M/C at 11wks :sadface:
FET Apr 09 - :BFN:
FET May 09 - :BFP:

Saturday, June 20th 2009, 6:07pm

Hi becks - just wanted to say congratulations! I'm really pleased for you. Sorry I can't helpyou on the hcg levels as I've never had mine done, but I'll be interested to find out as I was wondering if I should get mine measured too.
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs

JENSQUI

Megastar

Sunday, June 21st 2009, 9:33am

Hi becks - sorry I have only just seen your post.

I'm not going to tell you off about the wine - I'm sure we all know lots of people who had the occasional glass and were fine.

re hcg tests - by the time you are 5 to 6 weeks pg these really aren't going to tell you much. Scans are then a much better monitor of your pregnancy. Personally I have never had early HCG tests done - most of my miscarriages were later so the likelihood is that my HCG levels at the beginning were fine, i.e. early betas are going to tell me nothing.

re monitoring - this seems to vary between PCTS, EPUs and doctors. It has taken me 4 miscarriages before the NHS was willing to give me extra monitoring and this time I was offered a scan at 6 weeks and 8 weeks (also ended up with another at 9 weeks due to a bleed). So, I am sorry to say that often, unless you are classified as a recurrent miscarrier (3 m/cs or more) then the 7 week 'viability' scan may be all they will offer you. I don't know what your financial situation is like or if youa re in the vicinity of a private scanning place but the early private scans I had with other pregnancies cost £65 each and were worth every penny to me. As for the midwife - well, I am seeing mine for the first time tomorrow and, as you can see from my ticker, I am 12 weeks now! So 8 weeks is not unsual at all.

Having a scan at 7 weeks is a really good time - 6 weeks may just be a little too early to see a HB.

Other than scans there really aren't any other tests that the NHS do during the first trimester. Were there particular tests you had in mind?

I know it may seem that you are just being left to get on with it but the medical reality is that your chances of a successful pregnancy aren't really dented too much by the history of one m/c. Unfortunately the psychological and emotional aspects aren't taken into account as much as the statistical ones in these days of budget cuts. I guess that's where we can all come in to help you in these first worrying few weeks.

As for the gym, with my history of m/c, even though I am usually a regular gym goer I have avoided anything but walking during the first trimester. Noone told me to do this and to my knowledge no evidence that exercise would harm you, but I guess we just all do what we feel comfortable with.

One day at a time sweetheart - I think if you've had a m/c it is normal to feel a little more 'detached' during a subsequent pregnancy. Just our way of protecting ourselves I guess. I'm not going to tell you not to worry, cos I know you will. But try to relax if you can - this is a completely different pregnancy and there is no reason to expect that what happened to you last time will happen again.

xxxx

xxxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

becks

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 12:45pm

thanks for the replies!

I hope it goes well with the midwife today Jensqui...

xx

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 12:48pm

Hi all

Well I ended up having my scan early (yesterday) as I was getting aches in my right hand side and panicing (I admit I am paranoid this time) and all looks fine, saw little hearbeat. Trying to not get too excited yet still a long way to go. Next scan in 2 weeks and I am so scared as this was when I got my awful news last time.

Feeling crap but dont care as long as the little one is ok. Really tired and feeling really sick, also aching hips, lower back etc.

When I had my scan they mentioned my bowel looked lively and I have IBS, I seem to have quite loose stools at the moment (sorry) but did last time early on so assume this is the hormones? anyone feeling the same?

Thanks for listening, take care all xx

BFP 19/02/09

JENSQUI

Megastar

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 1:14pm

lovely news about your scan Rosebud :D
I am sure that when you get past the point you miscarried last time that the paranoia will subside a little.

I haven't really noticed a significant change in my bowel movements (other than going only once a day instead of twice, but think that is because I have been sick a lot). However, hormonal changes to make big differences to a lot of people so I think you are right that it is hormonal and may be interacting with your IBS.

Midwife yesterday was lovely. Had my nuchal fold scan today and all is well. Baby was very bouncy and now measures 6.1cm which is spot on for my dates. Won;t get a Down's risk value until the blood result comes back at the end of the week, but translucency measurement was between 1.3mm & 1.4mm so pleased with that.

hopw everyone else is doing well xx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 1:22pm

Great news Jensqui xx

BFP 19/02/09

AmoonA

Reg: Mar 1st 2009

Children: One angel in heaven

Friday, June 26th 2009, 10:09am

HI all,

After posting in the 1st trimester section I found this section...
Could anyone please tll me how you coped through ..I mean I'm just to afraid to miscarry again... I haven't told anyone yet that I'm pregnant and I'm afraid to read about pregnancy I'm just afraid I will jinx it...

why can't I just be happy for my self and live each day as it is!!!
Why do I have to worry alot!!!!

Friday, June 26th 2009, 12:46pm

Hi AmoonA

Welcome honey. How far on are you? It is still really early days for me and I too am so so scared, I have only told my Mum and people on here. It really helps talking to the people on here though.

I dont think there is an answer and we will probably always be nervous but hopefully each day we will get a little more confident. For me personally my first aim is to get to the 8 week scan as this is when I found out I had lost my angel at about 7 wees. My next target is then of course the 12 week scan.

Are you having any early scans?

I question every symptom, then worry when I dont have any etc. I am sure some peeps will be along soon who have been through this and offer more advice for you. As I say i am only in the early days myself and all I can say is take one step at a time.

Take care xx

BFP 19/02/09

AmoonA

Friday, June 26th 2009, 2:44pm

HI..

I'm just about 5 weeks.. I'll call my clinic tomorrow to see the possibility of having an earlier scan, my real appointemnt is on 11th July..

I just want to hear a heartbeat .... As this is what's scaring me to death...
On my last miscarraige I went on my 8th week scan to hear the heart beat but there wasn't one :( my baby has stopped growing without any advance notices...
It was so hard....
I see that you've been through the same ...

I'm trying my best to live each day as it goes along..

take care :)

JENSQUI

Megastar

Friday, June 26th 2009, 2:57pm

Hi again AmoonA,

How do we cope?
Well, everyone has to find their own way of coping I suppose.

- one day at a time. Don't think too far ahead, just wake up each morning and remind yourself that you are pregnant and everything is still fine.

- this is a different pregnancy. There really is no reason in the world to suspect that what happened last time is going to happen again. As I think I wrote in an earlier post, a history of one m/c really doesn't make much difference to your chances of success with a subsequent pregnancy. Feel good about that - it is a positive thing.

- forget the 'what ifs', such as 'what if they don't find a heartbeat again'. There are too many what ifs in the world to contemplate and I truly believe that worrying about what hasn't happened yet is a waste of energy. Plenty of time for tears and fretting if something does go wrong but right now, don't think that it will. Thinking about all of the possibilities of what can go wrong will never change what is actually going on in your body.

- have faith in your body and your growing embryo. I know that after a m/c it is easy to feel that maybe it was something you did wrong or that your body has let you down. Please don't think this though - the reality is that most early m/cs occur because there is something wrong with the embryo and there is nothing anyone could do to change the outcome. This is a new embryo now and there really is every chance that it is fine and growing nicely in there.

- think about what it is that would reassure you, e.g. an early scan to see the HB, and try to make it happen. And remember that this was going to reassure you so that when you do see the HB, you don't then start worrying about something else.

- never compare your symptoms to anybody else's or to a previous pregnancy. This will get you nowhere and will prove nothing.

- try to limit the amount of time you spend each day thinking/reading about baby related info. If you can, set aside 20 - 30 minutes a day (or maybe twice a day until you get the hang of it) where you allow yourself time to think about your worries or talking to your partner about it. Do not google/use FZ, etc outside of these allocated times. It does take discipline but if you allow yourself to think about the fact youa re pg all the time your worries will amplify out of all control.

- keep busy. Related to the point above, keep your life as normal as possible.

- remember that more people have successful pregnancies than not. No reason to think you won;t be one of them this time.

- get your worries out. Tell your partner/FZ if you are worried - don't let it fester. We all need words of sense, rationality, comfort at these stressful times.

xxxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

AmoonA

Friday, June 26th 2009, 5:14pm

Thanks alot Jensqui... I think this is what my husband was trying to tell me but I didn't get him. Since I knew I was pregnant I wouldn't leave the internet I'ld read anything related to babies he tried convincing me that I was only stressing my self out but I wouldn't listen..

Your absolutely right I should start worrying less as each pregnancy is different..
Worrying will not help overcome this in anyway...
I'll try my best to just be happy that I am pregnant and hope for the best..

You might see me babble again of my worries.. but everyone goes through some good days and some bad days..

Thank you all for your support
It really helps to talk about it...

Best of luck to all of us :)

• "Blondie" started this thread

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Friday, June 26th 2009, 5:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by AmoonA
why can't I just be happy for my self and live each day as it is!!!
Why do I have to worry alot!!!!

Because past experience hurt and shock and mostly fear doesn't allow you / us to. I know exactly what you mean. I am in my 5th pregnancy, had a scan today and have spent the last 2 days petrified of having one for fear of not seeing a heartbeat. It's happened to us 4 times and believe me that thought does not leave us.

Listen to Jen as she has said it all. All I can say is it's natural to feel scared, just try not to let it overun everything and stress yourself out. Stressing will make you worse. Forget about the scan until it is here...worry nearer the time.

Hi to everyone else, I have been avoiding the pregnancy boards but I am going to be popping in here now after I had my first scan today (just under 8 weeks) and it was all good. First hurdle over with...all my mc's have been before / at 9 weeks so our next scan in a couple of weeks will be another milestone.

xxx
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 8:26pm

Just wanted to say hi Amoon A - can totally understand how you are feeling. I've only told one person apart from on here and have that feeling about jinxing things. Just get to the scan and try to take one day at a time. Wishing you lots of luck with this pregnancy - listen to jensqui, her advice is alwasy great!
Blondie - glad to hear your scan was good and good luck for the next one in a couple of weeks.
Hello to everyone else and special congrats to jensqui for a great scan at 12 weeks!
xxx
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 12:15pm

Hey Girls
Hope you are all well !! I had my scan last week and unfortunately when I got there my consultant was off sick and I had to see someone who can only be described at a MUPPET !!! Honestly, she was awful, firstly asked why I was there for a scan!! Then when she was doing the scan she said she couldnt take measurements as the baby was lying in a "funny position", we couldnt really make out very much in the scan, and of course I started to panic, she then showed us the heartbeat and spine, and then she measured the head. That was it, no reassurance that this was normal, and that all was okay!! I asked was everything ok and she said yes, then said I had keytones in my urine and to drink more water!! She practically rushed us out the door...Girls I could hardly sleep with worry that night, and made an appt to see my GP on Thursday, he was so lovely and reassuring and said it was normal for the baby to be curled up or what ever and that the baby could have been having a little snooze! He then listened to the babys heart beat which was amazing as it was the first time I had heard it, totally put me at rest and have felt fine ever since.

How is everyone else?

Take care
A

AmoonA

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 10:41am

HI...

I've managed to stay away from the internet and all pregnancy reading for a few days.. even though the days are passing so slow till my first scan..

Today I started to get some pain on my right ovary.. I only feel the pain when I'm moving... should I be worried or is this normal??

Thank you all for your usual support you've been a great help to me to overcome my fears :)

JENSQUI

Megastar

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 11:31am

elvisnniamh - what a frustrating scan! glad you are feeling okay about everything now though xx

AmoonA - I think a lot of people can get pains in their ovaries (I had one wiht my second pregnancy and it was a corpus luteum cyst so nothing to worry about). However, if the pain is severe, starts to get worse or is in any way worrying you then I would advise calling your clinic/dr about it. I am sure there is no problem but always better to be on the safe side until you've had your first scan.

dizzyduck - how are you darling and waht's going on with you? Have you got a scan date yet (you may already have had one)?

My vomiting seems to be easing now which is most welcome and I am back to working full days. We have our NHS dating scan tomorrow - I only saw the baby last Tuesday so am not too worried but will always be a little anxious before a scan. Hope the baby moves around a lot for Al to see.

xx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 1:31pm

Good luck with your scan today Becks.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

AmoonA

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 3:35pm

Thankx Jen.. the pain has gone now:)

Good luck on your scan tomorrow.

becks

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 4:52pm

ah thanks for remembering Gemma. I remember we were both April Angels in 08 :smile:

Really glad things seem to be going so well for you this time!

The scan was all fine! I was close to tears just walking in, and explained why I was so nervous, so the lady was lovely... straightaway she said there was nothing to worry about - good strong heartbeat, the right size, no sign of any problems etc.

Hurrah!

Best of luck to everyone xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE