You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 1:10pm

does no nausea mean low hcg levels?

I'm concerned that i still don't feel nausea. I am 6 and a half weeks pregnant and have felt more tired, hungry, moody and cravings but no sickness or sore boobs! I am just concerned that as sickness is linked to rising hcg levels, whether lack of sickness would mean low levels. I really thought i would be sick with this as i have a very weak stomach generally and faint really easily so thought maybe i would quite sensitive to this.

any advice? x
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Reg: Jul 21st 2007

Children: Baby boy Brennan...born 23rd April 09

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 1:14pm

RE: does no nausea mean low hcg levels?

Hiya,

Try not to worry as not everyone gets every symptom,i have only been sick twice and did not have many symptoms and i was carrying twins...now unfortunately we only have one onboard and my symptoms are even less...i know its hard but try to stay calm !!!! Good luck x
ME 33 DH 36
TTC 4 YEARS
2006 TUBAL ECTOPIC
2007 IVF CORNUAL ECTOPIC
2008 FET BFP! TWINS BUT LOST ONE AT 7W3D

BRENNAN MATTHEW WATTS BORN VIA C SECTION ON 23RD APRIL 2009
OUR DREAM HAS COME TRUE WE GOT THERE IN THE END :happy:

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 1:24pm

Hi Jen, my preggie buddie :)
I haven't been sick either, I only occasionally feel a bit yuck on my way home from work some days when I'm tired and need my tea. The rest of the time I feel normal, especially when I wake up in the mornings! I do have sore boobs but I don't think I have any extra tiredness (at least I can't work out if I do as I am a 'tired' person anyway :snigger:).

I'm trying not to worry about not having sickness, we should think of ourselves as lucky as we don't have to go through that ... oh and there is plenty of time for it to start anyway :happy: x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 1:35pm

Thanx Melissa.

heyya ros.. how did your scan go? I think im just over analysing everything. My sister was terribly sick with all 3 of her pregnancies so i guess i just kinda expected it. Also, these lack of symptoms make me feel not pregnant ...i keep peein on more sticks just to convince myself which is ridiculous. never thought i'd wish to be sick. lol xx

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 1:46pm

Oh Jen, you sound just like me! I'm still waiting for the real symptoms to kick in! I have hardly any symptoms and spent ages worrying about it but now I have just accepted that I'm one of the lucky ones! Try not to worry!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Ros

Megastar

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 1:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by jen84288
Thanx Melissa.

heyya ros.. how did your scan go? I think im just over analysing everything. My sister was terribly sick with all 3 of her pregnancies so i guess i just kinda expected it. Also, these lack of symptoms make me feel not pregnant ...i keep peein on more sticks just to convince myself which is ridiculous. never thought i'd wish to be sick. lol xx

Hi Jen, I'd love to be sick too :snigger: I know exactly how you feel about not believing you're pregnant. I have done 7 sticks now but have to stop now. My scan was good thanks - I put all the info in my ICSI diary. They found one sac in the right place and there was at least one embryo in it - sometimes it looked like two so they are not sure. It was v early at 6wks1day so we didnt' hear a heartbeat but we did see it fluttering away - the cons said it probably only started the day before. I have to go back on the 22nd to see the heartbeat properly and to see if it is one or two babies in there! I'm really scared that something bad will have happened as I had a missed m/c around 8wks last time but I'm trying to be chilled out.

Can you ask again for an earlier scan rather than waiting till mid Nov?

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 2:58pm

Think I may be over analysing everything. I'm a natural worrier as it is and cant help but google everything! Many websites contradict themselves but i always cling onto the more negative comments. I think im looking for problems because i feel like i've queue jumped! DP had a fertility issue so i feel so so lucky to have conceived...i keep thinking to myself i cant be this lucky.

Ros, So so pleased everything went well. I bet you feel chuffed to bits. I took friday off as holiday as i thought i would go to the drs and i had a few other bits and pieces to do but by friday morning I thought, what exactly am i going to say to my dr. I am worried and have no real reason to be worried. I dont think they would do an earlier scan unless i was spotting or cramping or something. So i put it out of my mind on friday but a day later and im back to worrying. Think i might go Monday after work but i have no idea was to say is wrong. I just want morning sickness aghhhhh lol xx

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 3:13pm

It's so easy to feel negative but hold on to the fact that a lot of ladies don't get morning sickness! You said you were tired and hungry and that's exactly like I was - fingeers crossed for you!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 3:49pm

Jen - during my pregnacny I never had morning-sickness - not even once. The only time I threw up during pregnancy was one day brushing my teeth I started to gag. TBH I couldn't brush my back teeth properly from second tri as it made me gag but I never felt nauseous, boob tenderness lasted only a few days and that was the end of that, tiredness I didn't even register as a PG symtom as I was working night duty during first tri and I am chronically tired due to hypothyroidism. Do you think I could believe I was PG?? Noooooooooo!!!!!
And my HCG levels were spot on - 105 at 4 weeks and 215 2 days later.
So no, lack of nausea in itself does not indicate low hcg - the only way to check hcg level is by blood test...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 4:31pm

Jen with my 4th child I didnt even know I was pregnant til I was 4 months gone, and didn't feel sick or unwell or any pregnancy symptoms at all! Believe me, it can still kick in later though, so please don't assume that you have low HCG levels cos it's unlikely. Just think yourself super lucky for not feeling sick all the time!
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 10:17pm

Hi Jen

I didn't have sickness at all right through my pregnancy and my first tri was lacking in most symptoms. Feeling more tired is pretty much all I had - oh and the moodiness. Dh was convinced I was carrying the devil's spawn. Don't worry too much and try and enjoy your sickness free pregnancy.

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Sunday, October 12th 2008, 11:14am

JUst a note to say that the sickness and/or nausea can sometimes start at about 8 weeks too. wit this pregnancy although I had some nausea early on, it really kicked in at about 8 weeks and has only just left.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Ros

Megastar

Monday, October 13th 2008, 10:42am

That's good to know Mrs Smiff. I am still concerned about not feeling sick yet. I have occasional early evening funny feelings for an hour or so but I wouldn't class it as sickness. Roll on next week so I can hit the 8wk sickness :)

Jen, I hope you're doing well x

Monday, October 13th 2008, 11:42am

Yes, really good to know. Every website i look at has said it should start at 5/6 weeks but in saying that my sister also says she didn't have it until 8 weeks but wasn't sure if she was just tryna make me feel better! I am feeling a little sick today though actually but not sure whether it's just in my head! Goin to the docs 2day. Hopefully he will put my mind at rest.

Ros, nearly 7 weeks! wahoo (roll on 12 weeks) xx

Ros

Megastar

Tuesday, October 14th 2008, 4:54pm

Good luck at the docs today Jen, maybe they will give you an earlier scan?
Let us know how you get on hun. 7 wks for you tomorrow :) 7 feels much better than 6 :snigger: x

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 7:12pm

Ros - yay 7 weeks! I'm greedy today though and i want 8 weeks on my ticker ha. I went to the drs and i couldnt help but snigger when he repeated my problem back to me "so you're here because you dont feel sick?!?" HA the shame - He just reassured me that everything was going well. Chances are everything is fine so he has no reason to send me for a scan so i guess i gotta sit it out - 4 and 1/2 weeks to go :S seems like a lifetime! xx

Ros

Megastar

Thursday, October 16th 2008, 9:52am

I know what you mean Jen. I don't even feel pregnant other than big boobs! It's so hard to believe there is something going on in there!
I want 8 weeks too! x

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Thursday, October 16th 2008, 10:03am

Hi Jen,

I never had any sickness with ds 7 yrs ago but am feeling awful this time round.

I think you should enjoy it whilst you can, you could end up with sickness yet! I think mine started at about 8 weeks if I remember rightly.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE