You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Cathie" started this thread

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Monday, August 25th 2008, 5:32pm

So how bad is the pain???

Ok,

Been thinking about this and need to ask those that have been there before - just how bad is it when the labour really does kick in??

Have developed a scale!!!!!!!!!!!

If stubbing your toe is a 2, and bad cramp in your leg is a 5, with ear ache being a 7, is labour a 20, a 50 or a 100??? Or is it the fact it goes on and on.... I sorta got my head around the early part of labour, but wanted to know JUST how bad it gets?

C
xx
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Reg: May 20th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful wee girl

Monday, August 25th 2008, 5:39pm

Ah i want to know this too, have been asking my mum, dh's family and friends even, they all give the same answer which is fucking sore :8o:

Mummy to a beautiful little lady

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, August 25th 2008, 5:50pm

:snigger: this just made me chuckle! wish i could telly you fibs and say pah nah! doesnt hurt......

erm, how to put it nicely? :innocent:....it smarts a bit :happy:....for me it was bad pain (i thought my pain threshhold was high but i soon found out pain and i had never met till i was in labour lol!)...but i have friends that went through it only having paracetamol as pain relief! one of my friends is the biggest wuss on the planet and she had no pain relef what so ever. i think really all you need to know is that yep, it usually hurts....the intensity can vary from person to person but i guarentee it will be worth every min of it.....AND you dont have to be in any more pain that you want to be, if you are finding it too much then you can as for pain releif....when i had H i needed to have pain releif to enjoy the experience...but like i said already, my wussy friend needed nowt!

i would go with the flow and try not to think about it. it honestly truly is a wonderful experience. :]

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Apr 18th 2008

Children: one 5yr old boy

Monday, August 25th 2008, 5:51pm

I had the epidural at only 2cms (the pain was bad then!) sorry to say. take all the pain relief you can get!!! lol xx
Carly xx

TTC...3.5yrs
10/04/06 BFP
26/06/06 M/C
22/02/08 DH 1st SA (room for improvenment)
13/03/08 Progesterone bloods done (fine)
24/06/08 Hycosy (all ok)
24/06/08 DH 2nd SA (room for improvement)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, August 25th 2008, 6:02pm

It's like jumping off a chair onto an upturned plug then sliding down a razor blade using your eyes as brakes :D

...but seriously.... :snigger: Fact is, it's not a constant pain. You feel the pain coming on much like you feel a period pain coming on but instead of staying at that one level it gets stronger and stronger then less and less until it's gone. You can deal with that because you know it's going to get worse and then better quite quickly and then you're not going to feel anything for a few minutes. You can get into a rhythm at this stage and if you try to relax and breathe through these contractions your body will produce endorphines which help you to deal with the pain. Like when you pluck your eyebrows and the first few hurt like buggery but after that your skin goes numb and you can pluck away without flinching.

So, these pains gradually become more frequent and the ooch bit gets more oochy and lasts longer. You can deal with this because you know that this means things are working, that's good, that's what you want, it's the whole point. If you've breathed through the first bit you'll up the ante now and perhaps find other positions to get yourself into and you'll have to really work on your relaxation both between contractions and crucially during them.

Put together the increased pains and the fact that the gaps in between the pains get shorter and you start to get tired because it's a lot to deal with. We know we feel pain more when we're tired an so that again increases the amount of pain you feel.

Combine the pain with the tiredness, the fact you're working hard to deal with pain and the fact there's no break for you, you have a reason to say "Yes, this is really hard and it really hurts!!"

The answer to how bad does it get, well it's subjective. In my experience I've had one labour where I wanted to shoot myself and I've had one labour where I was laughing and eating sandwiches. The difference between them for me was understanding what I was doing and knowing how to breathe and relax. It's so underestimated but it's directly proportionate to the amount of pain you will feel.

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Monday, August 25th 2008, 6:02pm

It does hurt - early labour pains are like period pains, and they then get worse.

I had entonox and pethidine, but no epidural - honestly I can't remember how much it actually hurt, as you really do block it out.

All I can say is that yes, it hurts - a lot, but take whatever pain relief you feel you need, as only you can determine whether you can take the pain or not - it's not a contest as to who does it without pain relief, and who has an epidural when.

As long as you deliver a healthy baby who cares how much it hurt - you certainly won't when you're holding baby in your arms.

p.s. my dd was a wopping 9lb 14oz and yet I'm still having another!

You'll be fine! :smile:

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, August 25th 2008, 6:22pm

I can honestly say it was like no pain I'd felt before. Not because it was horrendous, but it wasn't like a toothache or a headache, or even a period pain (and believe me I'd rather give birth than have toothache and my periods have left me bedridden over the years).

At the beginning yes it was a period type niggly pain, which is your cervix thinning down before it dilates, this can get quite intense so I would have some paracetamol early on. My DD was back to back which can intensify your contractions as their backs rub on the nerves on your spine which was quite painful. I had my epidural in at 4cm and was quite happy until the midwife popped it out. So for the last hour and the pushing part I was pain-relief free, during the hour I was cursing the midwife because I was scared senseless that the pain was going to get worse and worse but you know what? In that last hour I learnt to manage the pain I was experiencing, I was glad I wasn't numb downstairs because when Lauren was being born I felt it, I knew when to push, I knew how hard I was pushing. Yes it burned, for want of a better word! But it was over within 11 minutes and out was my daughter lurve It was the next day that I was walking like John Wayne, sheesh that did hurt!

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Reg: Oct 26th 2007

Children: One very beautiful daughter!

Monday, August 25th 2008, 6:35pm

Haha! Cathie, you make me laugh hun!

lmao

ICSI March 2008 BFP, then early m/c, Natural BFP May 2008, m/c at 6 weeks
Natural :BFP: 08/08/08!!!

Monday, August 25th 2008, 6:37pm

Hi Cathy, well if you read and believe the hypnobirthing stuff it shouldn't hurt at all :D

From my experience its a very hard pain to describe. I couldn't really compare it to anything else - its not really a hurty sharp kind of pain (and I have had unbearable pain when I was involved in an accident so I do know what serious pain is). Your body builds up to it slowly and gradually and all the time you are releasing your own in built-pain relief endorphins. By the time you are at the serious stage you are sort of in a kind of zone where you are totally focused on birthing so its really subjective. I can honestly say I didn't actually feel proper pain as in the stubbing my toe type, it was really just these big waves of muscular contractions that consume your whole body. If you can relax, trust in yourself and go with it it helps, thinking OMG get this baby out doesn't :snigger: But if you did start to feel like that they can give you something, its not like you have to bite a stick and get on with it.

I remember 1st time around being told that the crowning bit was the really stingy painful bit (when the head is just coming out) I was so terrified of that bit but I felt absolutely nothing and nor did any of my friends! By that stage your skin has stretched so thinly its numb. My advice is don't get hung up on the pain bit, relax and enjoy it x PS singing your head off to something upbeat also helps during the strong contractions.

PPS sorry Missy just reminded me - the pain from the stitches a few days after giving birth was far worse than labour!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Primrose" (Aug 25th 2008, 6:39pm)

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Monday, August 25th 2008, 7:18pm

Before I had DD1 I was the biggest wuss and an incredible hypochondriac. Having Plum cured me of that good and proper. I had a natural birth with no pain relief and I can honestly say that the pain, although unbelievably intense and like nothing else on earth, was manageable. I'm not saying thats true for everyone, perhaps I was lucky?! As Bells says you can deal with it because you know its cause and that it will end.

My personal feelings on pain relief are that the longer you can hold off the better - that way you may even find that you don't need it at all. Obviously there is no shame in having pain relief just that all things being equal you might find that you are equipped to cope.

Quoted

Originally posted by Primrose

PS singing your head off to something upbeat also helps during the strong contractions.

Couldn't agree with this more. In fact that is how I got through a lot of it and I think it became a bit of a self-hypnosis thing, repeating the same thing over and over again.

Going through that pain and coming out the other side changed me in ways I never expected and has helped me to cope with some of the things which parenthood throws at you.

I'm not preaching, you do what you are comfortable with.

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Monday, August 25th 2008, 9:33pm

Hey Cathie...I am laughing as I remember myself singing "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine..." with each contraction 2nd time around ! (in my head...not out loud...but embarrassing non the less!).
1st time had 1st contraction on the Mon morning, regular painful contractions from Wed lunchtime, established labour 1am Thurs, gave birth 5am Fri morning so was exhausted, which did indeed make the pain feel 10 times worse. I eventually had an epidural....the midwife suggested it...thank goodness as I could no longer speak! I was able to shout yes, yes, yes when she asked though and again shouted yes, yes, yes when the anesthetist finally came and asked me a whole bunch of q's for consent before doing epidural! Once that kicked in I slept for 2 hours ( :happy: ) then woke up ready to have my baby!
I wish I had known to relax and breath through the contractions - or rather HOW to relax and breath through contractions as I somehow managed to get into the right state of mind with baby number 2 (the singing helped!) and my labour was a breeze! I'm not saying it didn't hurt a fair bit...just that it was very bearable and I felt in control...I had a panic moment when we couldn't locate MIL (she was to look after big boy and drive us to hospital) and the pain while I was having a panic was quite intense, but I managed to get back to my own little world and, voila, the pain became bearable again...if you can practice that somehow before the big day, I promise you it helps! Remember each contraction is one step closer to meeting your baby.
If you think about when you stub your toe or get leg cramp, you tend to take a sharp breath in and hold it, and tense up .....that's what I did with every contraction 1st time and it made it feel worse....instead if you continue breathing calmly though it the pain and relax, it feels less intense.
Sorry...I have rambled on ...hope that all makes sense though!
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

ravan

Star

Reg: Aug 19th 2007

Monday, August 25th 2008, 10:25pm

what an amazing thread! I think I have read everyones reply at least twice lol
I had a c/s on my son(whos 14!)and I should be able to have a VBAC xfingers but the thought of the pain was freaking me out a little....even at this early stage.

I must say you have all put my mind at rest,and Im seeing natural birth in a different light.
I think most if not all of you have said its all about breathing and relaxing.It has now given me something to look into..... and find out more about breathing technics.So I just want to thank you all for your explanations,I for one appreiciate them. :happy:
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
3 fet blast-1 bfp-ectopic
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

cookie

Superstar

Monday, August 25th 2008, 10:50pm

its wonderful ravan, i had a c-sec with spud and was petrified of having a vbac, my c-sec was booked but little H had other plans and arrived 4 weeks early. im so glad she did her birth was amazing, honestly the pain is just another thing we have to get through to hold our babies, as soon as they are born the pain goes and adrenaline kicks in, i swear i didnt sleep for 2 days....a whole 48 hours of staring at the baby i had tried for years to get....amazing.
i must say i loved c-sec because it was what i needed with spud, but a vbac has empowered me iykwim? i feel like if i can do that i can do almost bloody anything lol! and i could get up and look after H from the very beginning and i couldnt with spud.

sorry for waffling :O

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cookie" (Aug 25th 2008, 10:51pm)

cookie

Superstar

Monday, August 25th 2008, 10:54pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Bells
It's like jumping off a chair onto an upturned plug then sliding down a razor blade using your eyes as brakes :D

lmaolmaolmao

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 12:23am

Quoted

Originally posted by willowi must say i loved c-sec because it was what i needed with spud, but a vbac has empowered me iykwim? i feel like if i can do that i can do almost bloody anything lol! and i could get up and look after H from the very beginning and i couldnt with spud.

sorry for waffling :O

I must say that if ANYONE is worried about the pain of birth, go back and read Willow's posts from when she was pregnant and expecting H. I guarantee you will not find anyone so convinced that she couldn't do it.... and then so proud because she DID... and she she loved it :))

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 9:14am

It is a beautiful pain. It is pain from your uterus fanning upwards and your cervix opening. It is a pain of progress that will lead you to holding your baby in your hand.
As bells says, it is not a constant pain but a quite short period and then a period of calm and rest.

I have never ever loved anything as much as labour and giving birth.
Early labour was spent ironing on my gym ball, having sex with poor DH (yes, semen is great for ripening that cervix), walking and then holding on to trees and lamp posts during contractions.

I just kept on thinking that for every contraction I was one contraction nearer holding my son!

There was one stage where I thought I would die but this is natural just as my birthing tutor had told me. It only lasted for 5 minutes or so :D

I can not remember any actual pain. I remember being struck 3 times in a bad position for contractions (on my back) but then just got on with it.

There is sometimes this fantastic stage between the first and second stage where your body is ready to push but it gives you a little break to catch your breath. It was all just so fantastic!

Giving birth is by far the best thing in the world and if you can embrace the pain then no pain meds is needed what so ever.
I managed OK and just loved it!

It is not bad pain, it is good pain.
Stubbing your toe is annoying and stupid but giving birth is just plain pleasure!

My only tip is stay off your back, keep upright and give birth squatting, on all 4 or standing up.
When you lie on your back you press down your coccyx and it just hurts!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 10:43am

To be honest it does REALLY hurt. i remember getting contractions for the first couple of hours and thinking - whats all the fuss about, piece of cake, hardly hurts! Oh, i was wrong!

But, you get through it because you know you are going to be seeing the most beautiful thing in the world at the end of it. Somehow you're body manages to get past the pain.

In my opinion the pain you feel for the next couple of weeks through stitches burning when you pee, piles etc is FAR FAR worse.

So, remember when your in labour that this isnt the worst pain you're going to have - its the bit after it! :D
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

Torisen

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 11:02am

Yes, peeing is not... uhm... fun... neither is sitting down!
My advice if you are having a hospital birth is go home as soon as you can. I am going to negotiate a 3 hour release instead of the minimum 6 hour release.
You want to leave before you start swelling :)
Peeing in a bath helps!

Then again, when I mentioned the oooh it hurts to pee she just looked at me and told me that she never had any problems after her delivery... PAH! Not what you want to hear!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Peppa

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 11:12am

Yep - i'm planning on a quick exit too!
Am i allowed to play music during the birth? Would love to be able to do that but wont bother if they make me have it on headphones.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Peppa" (Aug 26th 2008, 11:13am)

Torisen

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 11:24am

I thought I would do lots of things during labour and yes, dancing in early labour was fun but I stayed at home for quite a long thing and only went into hospital for "the deed" and I could not have thought about anything less than music, aromatherapy etc. All I wanted was to be naked (this was prevented by DH) and to have cold wet flannels on my head and neck! (charming)
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Peppa

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 11:28am

i have this picture in my head now of you trying to take your clothes off and your dh trying to pull them back on again rotf

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Torisen

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 11:29am

(I got my wish through when I got into the pool and gave birth stalkers on all 4... now that is an even better picture? :) )
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

cookie

Superstar

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 11:33am

think we actually do have a picture of it somewhere t :D

elmo

Ace

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 12:29pm

i agree with a lot of the girls, its not a pain u can really describe, yes it does hurt but i'd do it all over again 10 times for my girls.
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

Torisen

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 2:18pm

Willow, oh yes, forgot about that :P
haven't showed you the one where dh is trying to drape me with a towel when I am sitting happily cuddling DS whilst delivering the placenta sitting on a potty like contraption :)
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 3:11pm

It does hurt, and it is a pain unlike any other, and I think that for everyone of us how we feel, how we deal with the pain, what helps/doesn't will be different, and you must do what you feel is right for you, in regards to pain relief etc.

I was very open minded about pain relief, ended up having none, due to how my labour went, and can honestly say, yes it hurt, alot! But, afterwards, looking back at the end of the 1st stage, the pain was what I had expected, and I'd done it, and got through it.
The pushing was intense, and quite like nothing I've ever experienced before.

BUT, the moment I held H in my arms, I knew every second was worth it, and all the pain was gone. I felt so serene and calm, it was wonderful.

And, personally for me, hoping that next time round, I will have another natural birth, infact H's birth has made me want that more next time again, so I always think 'well if I want to try for a natural birth next time again, maybe the pain wasn't was bad as I had feared!'

One thing that I think helps lots, if you are able to, is to keep upright and mobile, the antenatal classes/yoga all kept saying it, but it is true, it can really help.

Labour and birth can be very empowering, and every person's labour and birth is different and unique and special to them xxx

(ps I agree with murphsmurf, the pain in the weeks after, from stitches was actually worst I think!!)

<

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 3:28pm

Hey Cathie...meant to say...last time when I was pregnant, I read about this woman in the States who is a midwife who reckons woman can experience pain-free birth...in fact she claims some women can have the big O during birth!!!
I couldn't remember her name but have looked it up again and her name is Ina May Gaskin (you can find info on her on google, of course!) and they have apparently made a documentary called "The Orgasmic Birth"....hmmmm!

Oh, and she reckons birth is only painful because we have the preconception that it will be.
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mayo" (Aug 26th 2008, 3:33pm)

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: 1 son conceived naturally(no idea how) 1 m/c april 6th 2010:(

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 7:55pm

although it hurts walking around as much as you can warm baths and leaving pain relief unitil you can stand it no longer is what i did with ds. i had gas and air for the last 2 hours and it was fantastic although mil had to slap me as i had taken abit too much and was passing out :)
:jilly:
ttc since july 2007.
5 x clomid no ov :(
april 08 to march 09 3stone 4lb lost
1 m/c april 2010 :(
our ttx journey has ended

Rivka

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 8:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by mayo

Oh, and she reckons birth is only painful because we have the preconception that it will be.

I know this will sound like hippy nonsense but to a certain degree I agree with her. During labour I experienced somthing intense and it was nothing like any other sensation I've ever had and limited by language I describe that as pain - but "pain" so doesn't cover it for me. Like Torisen says it was pain and pleasure and an absolute thrill. I've done it twice now and frankly I don't want to do it again but for those two occasions the experience was an absolutely fantastic roller coaster. Go into it with an "I am woman hear me roar" attitude and it should take you a long way.

p.s. I recommend Busta Rhymes for getting you though stage 1 :snigger: :D

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 8:28pm

Hey all

Am just ssssssssssooooooooo glad I started this thread, your replies have been amazing, many thanks!!

I guess my stubbing your toe scale was a bit crap then eh?

ANYWAY I an still hoping my dodgy placenta will move so I can do the natural birth thing, and wanna try to minimise drugs, without being a martar to it if that makes sense, and your practical words of advice and info are brill!

Hoping more people add to this thread, clearly many people have read it - so we all must be feeling the same way I guess?

Love

C
xx

PS not liking the razors on eyes bit, but suspect its near the truth - yikes!

PPS Orgasam in labour - my arse!
Cathie

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 8:50pm

Don't dismiss it Cathie, I've heard that clitoral stimulation is really helpful for labour pain!

Although this one could be 18 before DH finds mine!

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 1:06pm

OMG can you imagine explaining that one to the nurse when she walks in

'oh yes, my partner is flicking my bean coz I heard giving birth can bring you off, so I thought we'd start early'

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, my DH would walk out on me!!!
Cathie

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 1:13pm

lmao

i couldnt even reach my bean at 8/9 months pg let alone flick it! :snigger:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cookie" (Aug 27th 2008, 1:14pm)

Rivka

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 1:51pm

excuse me "bean" lmao lmao

Peppa

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 1:54pm

:innocent: what's going on? :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Rivka

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 2:09pm

They're talking about beans or something? Perhaps its like tiddlywinks ?( :snigger:

Peppa

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 4:17pm

lmao

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 4:31pm

lmao

Torisen

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 5:59pm

I got long arms so no problems for me :)

(oh yeah, DS just saw this pic and said Mummy!)
Torisen has attached the following file:
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 6:03pm

:snigger:

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 8:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Torisen
I got long arms so no problems for me :)

(oh yeah, DS just saw this pic and said Mummy!)

Hahahahhaha!!!

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 4:58pm

You lot are soooooo naughty. Can't beat a bit of rudeness tho! :snigger:
[zx160]Emma

Me 32, DH 28
Ectopic Oct 06- right tube removed
Endometriosis
First IVF cycle began 5th Feb 08
:BFP: 16th March bab11
:cuddle

Baby Gregory born 10 weeks early on September 20th. baby1

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 5:46pm

Lets face it, most of us are only talking about it and not getting any so we need SOME releif!!!
Cathie

Reg: Apr 18th 2008

Children: one 5yr old boy

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 6:21pm

well said!!
Carly xx

TTC...3.5yrs
10/04/06 BFP
26/06/06 M/C
22/02/08 DH 1st SA (room for improvenment)
13/03/08 Progesterone bloods done (fine)
24/06/08 Hycosy (all ok)
24/06/08 DH 2nd SA (room for improvement)

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 11:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Cathie
Lets face it, most of us are only talking about it and not getting any so we need SOME releif!!!

Oh hun, wait until after you have the baby. Then you forget what nookie is!!

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 7:59pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, am gagging for some frankly!!!!
Cathie

Torisen

Monday, September 1st 2008, 9:55am

If you are gagging for it then go and get it!!! :)
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Monday, September 1st 2008, 8:18pm

I wish - we've been told its a no no cos of my bleeding, and no-way will i risk anything, so will have to grin and bare it babes, not complaining, have my wonderful little boy in my tummy, nothing else matters for now!!!!
Cathie

Torisen

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 6:04pm

My con just told me not to do it when I was actively bleeding :P
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 9:13pm

Your all raven looney in here, flicking beans. My lord :P Thats what other halfs are for, esp when we get so big we can't reach :snigger:

My pain was a joyous pain!!

I had no pain relief they dont even have gas n Air here.

I managed the contractions until i went from 3cms-9.5cm in 20mins *too late for pain relief* but I was only feeling contractions in my lower back not in my front.

By the time I had to push I couldnt care less about the pain and found that the pushing gave me massive relief too, didn't feel he ring of fire liek I was told about though. :snigger: (did afterwards trying to pee)

I gave myself a badge because I was a brave thing and have been heard quoting, I would do it all agian with no pain relief! :rolleyes:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE