You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "loopyloo132" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2008

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 9:35pm

Not liking my bump touched am i weird!

Hi

I really dont like anyone touching my stomach including my family is that weird to not like it? I feel bad because I know everyone is excited especially my mum but it makes me uncomfortable. wondered if anyone else felt the same way.

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 10:29pm

I don't really mind myself too much, but had a friend who hated having her bump touched too... I think plenty people feel that way so I don't think it's weird at all.x
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 10:32pm

X( I hated it too plus I was the size of a house if i saw someone coming towards me eyes on bump i would get a shiver and do a swift turn or put an arm on tum so they touched my hand not my tum, It was just not a natural thing for me I had a few friends that just used to Paw me - made me want to shove them away, maybbe say something like, well as theres no movement now theres no point but when I do get a kick I'll give you a shout - yeah right :snigger: or tell them they can hold the baby when its born (untill then Hands off).
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 10:43pm

Yes I hate it too. Especially when its strangers at the bus stop, which has happenned to me. How would they like it if we went up to them and grabbed their bottom :snigger: Its quite an invasion I think - so no I'm with you so that means you aren't weird!

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 10:52pm

It took me quite a while to get used to it I must admit - at work they call him my little miricle baby and give him a 'rub for luck' all the time, with 260 staff there it takes me ages to walk across the hotel!!!!
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 8:16am

Haha! Oh Cathie thats really quite sweet! :D

I don't mind with people I know when I'm stood up, but when I'm sat down the extra weight makes me feel like I'm being crushed, its really not pleasant. Luckily this time no strangers have tried to maul me, but I didn't like it when I was pregnant with Lolly.

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 8:26am

I've seen a maternity t shirt somewhere that says 'don't touch the bump' I can't remember where though. I thought it was Next but its not. Sorry that wasn't a lot of use was it!

For me, I didn't mind the stroking so much, no strangers ever tried, it was the fact that everyone felt that they could comment on how huge I was. Yes I am aware that I am the size of a house, thank you. (I'm not now, :bawl:)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 9:15am

Quoted

Originally posted by mrsjasper
I've seen a maternity t shirt somewhere that says 'don't touch the bump' I can't remember where though. I thought it was Next but its not. Sorry that wasn't a lot of use was it!

You can get 'Do not touch the bump' t-shirt from www.nappyhead.co.uk (not an FZ endorsed link).

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 11:31am

Next time someone touches your tummy without permission, stick your hand on their boob and give it a squeeze. If they comment on your size tell them that they breasts are huge/tiny. Also works with mens crotches. :D

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 1:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Bells
Next time someone touches your tummy without permission, stick your hand on their boob and give it a squeeze. If they comment on your size tell them that they breasts are huge/tiny. Also works with mens crotches. :D

lmao lmao
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

• "jane april" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: May 22nd 2006

Children: twin girls

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 10:07am

I was just saying to Olo the other day that I really don't like it either, I tend to keep my hand over my bump all the time so no-one gets to touch :D

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
DH fine, me blocked tubes and adhesions
1st IVF BFN,December 06 tubal surgery,2nd IVF BFN,3rd IVF :BFP: TWINS
5 frosties
April 09 ectopic pregnancy

bab10 bab10
our babies are two pink frillies

Reg: Mar 27th 2008

Children: 2 embies onboard and Mummy to 5 frosties.

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 10:06pm

:snigger: Like your style Bells :snigger:

I'm the same though where strangers or randoms at work are concerned.

There's a top in new look that says in pink "hands off the bump" and theres a pair of pink handprints where pple usually cop a feel!! Can't get a clearer hint than that eh!

bigkiss

Unexplained Infertility!
TTC 6 YR
6xClomid
icsi
bfp 23/5/8
2 bab10's

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Friday, August 22nd 2008, 7:38am

Quoted

Originally posted by Bells
:laugh: I just nearly fell off my chair!!!

I was in two minds depending on which mood I woke up.

I didn't mind some people touching my bump but others esp work people I didn't know used to annoy the lights out of me, I cae close to slapping people :shush: I did ask on a few occassions not to be touched without asking first with some people.

My sister wouldn't let anyone touch her bump with her first two daughters either, so don't worry, your deffo not alone hun xxxx

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Monday, September 8th 2008, 12:35pm

Bells :snigger: that soooooo funny!

I didnt mind my DP and very close friends and family doing it. But one of DP's friends touched it in a bit of a sensual way and it was just really strange :8o: And random strangers thought it was ok to come and grab you!!!
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE