You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rivka

• "Rivka" started this thread

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 11:26am

Does your bump hurt?

For the last five days or so my baby has been really wriggly and my bump HURTS. She is SO heavy, whats it oging to be like to be 9mths pregnant!!!? Anybody else got a hurty bump?

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 11:27am

Bec mine is sore & tender at the moment. I feel very heavy bumpwise even though most of my NCT class seem more bumpy than me!

Mind you my bump is long & not sticky out like most! ?(

Everything feels more sore, back, hips, legs etc :rolleyes:

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 11:29am

yes mine does! But i think it's because I am all up front. My back doesn't hurt at all now. I still get the pulling pains and my baby is really wriggly most of the day don't know if that is what is causing the pain?!

I have definately noticed a growth in the last week and i have still got 6 wks to go!

Rivka

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 11:52am

Yes I've had a huge growth spurt - I feel massive! I'm only 5ft 2 and my bump seems to make up most of me.

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 11:54am

I dont feel that big or heavy but I get most of my pain in my back constantly and below my bump like on the top of my pubic hair. I dont really feel heavy.

Baby is constantly moving around all day, especially at night she does acrobatics in there I think while swinging on her umbilical cord!!! I have an appt at physio at hosp this month hopefully to get a belt or something. ITs so painful. When I get out of bed at night ot go to the loo I have to go slow cos my back is so bad especially when i put my right foot down.

I am now starting to not enjoy being pregnant so much cos I am in pain and so umcomfortable all the time. But I jsut dont feel that big!!

Rivka

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 12:00pm

Last night when I got out of bed to go to the loo I couldn't straighten up for about a minute and then I couldn't walk for another minute or so. Do you think thats something I should mention to the midwife? Is it something a physio could help? it has happened a few times and is very painful.

Missy

Superstar

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 12:18pm

wow!! You all so far along now!! And so close together!! I hadn't realised how close til now!! The birth threads are going to be very hectic soon!!!!! :D

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 12:25pm

Thats what I get most nights hun. It takes a while to get your body together to move without the pain and stiffness. I saw a physio but couldnt afford it anymore. She advised me of excercises to do. I saw an NHS physio who saw me once and just told me to sit and walk properly and not carry anything leaving my body lop sided. So she was pants as I knew that already.

Does it hurt when you lie back down, or for example when you see midwife and she puts you on the bed, does it hurt then?

I would mention it to your midwife hun. Better to ask than not.

All I can suggest for now it to sit and walk as straight as possible. I am seeing physio at hospital as recommended by midwife so i will talk to her too.

I sympathise with you Bec it is horrible, i have been like that for weeks now and do struggle. Just take your time.

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 12:31pm

Bec - my bump did really hurt together with my back - I've been wearing a support since before Christmas and although my back was still really sore for a while it seems to have gone now - midwife thought I had the onset of SPD but have to say since wearing the supports I'm not getting any pain down there at all now. My bump doesnt hurt that much anymore either - only when baby decides to try and stick his bum out of my belly button (really hurts!!!). I've got a velcro type support which is really uncomfortable to wear and find the tuby grip supports the best - I wear two at a time from just underneath my bra to right under my bump and it really does help to support by bump - I'd ask when you next visit your midwife.

xx
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Rivka

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 12:32pm

Yes it does hurt when i lie back down etc. I actually have problems with my sciatic but for the first two trimesters strangley haven't had any problems but it seems to be creeping back again.

Samd - its barmy isn't it, we are all so close together!!! Ther eis onvioulsy something about the end of August beginning of September!

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 12:54pm

Bec, defo speak to midwife hun x

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 9:43pm

Bec - have you been doing any excerises? I find my ball is really good, I only get back pain when I have been to work and I have to sit on this horrible little stool thing, by the time I get home I am in agony at the base of my spine through my hip. I just sit on the ball for about 20mins aday and circle my hips.

Can't believe how close we all are or how fast it has gone I wonder who will be first?! My bump has dropped slightly but is still pretty high up and I don't get many braxton Hicks I have a feeling I am going to go over my EDD :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chilli" (Apr 3rd 2006, 9:46pm)

Missy

Superstar

Tuesday, April 4th 2006, 8:32am

Chilli, I stayed reasonably high with Lollypop, although I definately noticed it heading south even if noone else could!! You might not even feel your BH's as its your first baby, so don't get too downhearted, you aren't missing much :D

Bec, your baby might be pressing on the sciatic nerve (thats what it sounds like) my mum had it in her last trimester with my little sis - not nice :( Your GP would be better to speak to rather than your mw and he should refer you for some physio.

What if you all went in on the same day 8o

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bagpuss

Tuesday, April 4th 2006, 8:53am

I've had less Braxton Hicks recently but Bee was head down 2 weeks ago at my m/w appt but now I'm sure has moved again as I'm not gettting that pinching pain around my bladder & cervix 8o

Lauren shall we run a sweepstake on who's having what & when???

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, April 4th 2006, 9:13am

its getting close now! are you girls peed off with not being able to put your socks on now??

on the b hicks front, i didnt really get any strong ones till i was 37 weeks, so i wouldnt worry, good luck all, love cookie xxxxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 4th 2006, 9:20am

Mine was head down a few weeks back and I think we have moved round as I am detecting the heartbeat on the other side now! Got MW coming round today so she can have a feel and see what's happening.

We should do a sweep sake!

Tuesday, April 4th 2006, 8:11pm

I havent had any bh yet. Have no idea if baby is head down or what???

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 4th 2006, 8:28pm

Nest time you go to your MW ask her they have a good prod about and can tell you.

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 8:08am

Ok, I will do. I am going next week actually. Thanks.

I am off to a posh hotel here in Edinburgh today to use their Spa facilities with my sister.

I can only really use the pool, beds and relaxation room but I am having a prdicure too as I cant reach my feet myself to clear the dead skin.

We are sooooo looking forward to it and I am hoping it will ease the pain in my back and lower tummy from the strain of the weight of baby.

It will be sooo nice. It only costs a tenner for the day then the price of the treatment, worth it i would say.

Better go get ready, tell you all later how it goes.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get one of those bump belts from to support my bump and back, I cant wait until 19th April to see the physio, its so sore now.

Have a good day girls x

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 9:30am

roflmao!

oh, it is soooo nice to be able to cut my own toe-nails! :D

Rivka

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 10:24am

DH had to leave really early this morning and he usually puts my socks on these days. I managed one and then had to wait for my mum and ten year old nephew to arrive and he put the other one on for me!!!

Saz

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 11:18am

Yes, I have a very sore bump at the moment!! BH's are driving me mad.

Socks..... No problems with those!!!!

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 7:08pm

I had my pedicure today, was great. I wil probably go back for another just b efore bubs is due.

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 8:40pm

I think I just cut my own toenails for the last time this weekend. Did them really short! I'm still cycling around a bit (mainly taking my toddler to the childminder one day a week) and today I must have looked very comical because I can now only cycle if I sit bolt upright with only my fingertips touching the handlebars! That rock that is called my bump is just too hard and too high to be able to sit on a bicycle normally. I may have to drive from now.

BH - don't notice those at all. As for it being sore, no it's not sore at all. I guess I'm lucky. My soreness is those wretched bruises on the sides of my hips from lying on my side in bed. Sooo tender. And just beginning to get sore ribs from having them sitting on my bump.

Limpet
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Thursday, April 6th 2006, 12:01pm

Limpet

I am picturing you riding your bike. You are great to still be excercising like that. I wanted to bur DH didnt want me to in case I fell off. I think he has wrapped me up in cottom wool really to be honest, which is nice but frustrating. I dont want to argue as I want to stay stress free cos I dont want baby to pick up on my bad vibes so its not that important and I just agreed. I guess I have to agree on something eh!! I never do usually, makes him feel the big man!! :D

Not long now though for you, how you feeling other than bruised hips and ribs?

ZIG

Ace

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Thursday, April 6th 2006, 12:21pm

Goodness me - time has flown so fast and here you all are so close to holding your little miracles ... makes me quite tearful!

I had a sore and achy bump for the last month or so of my pg, along with back and knee ache. Unfortunately the back and knee ache has stayed with me and I'm off for physio next week. Ho hum.

I found that sleeping with a thin, small pillow between my legs helped ease any hip ache.

ZIG xxx
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 6:50pm

My bump hurts during the night, if I turn over or get up to go to the loo mainly on my right hand side.

Also getting very hot at night I spend most of my time in the nude and sleep on top of the covers I sweat buckets, my hair is huge when i get up in the mornings where it has got wet and fizzes up!

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 8:49pm

Chilli - my bump also hurts during the night - I notice it when I wake to turn or go to the loo - never mind not long to go now!!!! if one more person says that to me I'm gonna lamp them!!!

take care

xx
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 9:01pm

ARRGHHHh yep I know what you mean I said to DH yesterday after yet another strangers said "not long now" nest time somebody says that I am going to either say I have had the baby a month ago or yes got another 4 months to go!

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 10:05pm

I've had a pillow between my legs for 3 months at night-time now which helps, but it doesn't solve the fact that my whole body weight is resting on the lower hip on the bed. I've put blankets and even a spare duvet under the bottom sheet, but I feel like The Princess and The Pea - I'm so sensitive!

I have to turn every hour and my hip pain puts any bump pain into the shade. Like you, Chilli - I'm hot at night! I'm so glad it's not August - how would I cope with hot nights? At least spring is taking its time coming!!...
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)

Rivka

Monday, April 10th 2006, 6:37am

I get the same pain during the night. I think it must be where baby has got comfy and rested all her weight with gravity and so my muscles etc are complaining. Its agonising - I feel like a turtle caught on its back when i try to get up by myself during the night!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, April 10th 2006, 7:16am

i have to rock backwards and forwards till I can get enough momentem going!

I am lucky that I don't suffer the hip pain or numbness anymore or backpain it's just very heavy and HOT!!

Rivka

Monday, April 10th 2006, 8:49am

On Saturday I had some terrible pain right across my bump, in my lower back and oddly from the tips of my shoulder blades to the tips of my nipples (!!!) it was so painful it made me cry and lasted ALL DAY. But then Sunday, nuttin'! no idea what that was all about but I didn't like it.

it worries me a little that I couldn't in all honesty cope with that pain so how the hell am i going to get on with labour pains.

Missy

Superstar

Monday, April 10th 2006, 9:09am

Limpet, have you tried just wedging a pillow under your bottom underneath the hip you are resting on?? NOt so that it is fully underneath but so that its a wedge and it will tilt your hip so that the weight is spread out more evenly. When I worked in a home we used to do this for the residents as they were prone to pressure sores on their hips

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bagpuss

Monday, April 10th 2006, 10:34am

I forget how painful my back is when getting out of bed in the middle of the night for a pee. I have to hobble until it free's itself - last night I almost fell over as I couldn't move for a few seconds ;(

I've tried the pillow thing but that only works briefly. Too hot as well - spend most of the night with feet sticking out the side of the bed while DH curls himself up in the duvet like a catapillar! :rolleyes:

Saz

Monday, April 10th 2006, 11:05am

Yep, I am also really hot. DH thinks its funny cos normally, I wrp myself right up in the duvet, but now I spend more time throwing it off!! :D

Monday, April 10th 2006, 12:06pm

Thanks, Sam, I'll try that. Three pillows to juggle 8o - it'll take a bit of thought, and when you're turning over trying to stay half-asleep, I just hope it can become automatic. Still, if it helps, I'll do it for sure! If my DS is anything to go by, I may only have two more weeks of this.... 8o 8o

Limpet

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, April 10th 2006, 12:11pm

I have just got back from the hospital! No baby probs it's my wrist it's just swollen and cracks when I move it I have no idea what I have done, so being pg they couldn't xray me but have strapped it up and put on a splint.

So there's me nearly 8 months pg wobbling about and taking it easy and I go and randomly do something to my wrist that I don't remember doing!

Saz

Monday, April 10th 2006, 1:08pm

LOL Chilli!!!! Your pg brain must have wiped it cos it has enough to deal with!!!! Keep taking it easy.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, April 10th 2006, 9:31pm

I think you are right I now have a bit of bone floating about, it is killing me I know I have got a bad night ahead of me. I am trying to stay awake for as long as I can so i am exhausted and will sleep better.

Monday, April 10th 2006, 9:35pm

Oh we are all full of aches and pains now!!! I've got a pain on the right hand side of my bump right at the bottom - so much so that I'm like an old lady walking upstairs - I have to put both feet on the same step - ie cant walk up one foot per stair - can only lift right leg a couple of inches off the floor without being in real pain!!! will ask m/w tomorrow.

night night

xx
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Rivka

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 8:16am

Last night, my back, belly and hips, OWWWWWWWW thats all I have to say.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 8:38am

You poor things i haven't got anything like that going on.......................... YET!!

Rivka

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 10:06am

maybe you won't get any Chilli, fingers crossed

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 10:15am

Well I hope not but I doubt that very much especially after the day I have had so far, I have given myself a headache and my wrist has got even bigger. X(

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 10:57am

I am not enjoying the pregnancy so much now. I am fed up of feeling like a beached whale each time I try to get off the sofa or out of bed 6 times during the night for the loo.

You get out of bed and put your weight on your swollen feet, then you get that pain in your back and suddenly hobble along like an old lady, thats if you can move straight away. ;(

Then you have to try to get comfy again with your millions of cushions, between legs, under bump adn those proping you up a little to prevent heartburn and numb hands!!!!

Its such a palava isnt it. Oh I know it is all so worth it, but its not enjoyable is it, be honest. I wish these last few weeks would pass by quickly

Rivka

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 11:17am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vickimarie
I am not enjoying the pregnancy so much now. I am fed up of feeling like a beached whale each time I try to get off the sofa or out of bed 6 times during the night for the loo.

You get out of bed and put your weight on your swollen feet, then you get that pain in your back and suddenly hobble along like an old lady, thats if you can move straight away. ;(

Then you have to try to get comfy again with your millions of cushions, between legs, under bump adn those proping you up a little to prevent heartburn and numb hands!!!!

All that and then you have to give birth, seems to me such a silly system. you'd think it would be best if you were in tip top shape but i can't even put on my own socks LOL!

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 11:19am

lol :D

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 7:34am

OK it got me :( my legs are killing me this morning numb and feel ike they are going to fall off, not yet swollen though :]

As for my bump i was very worried last night had really bad pains like AF and just couldn't get comfortable, get up this morning (just about) and my belly has dropped 8o 8o 8o 8o so not sure if it was that?

Hope everyone else is ok and enjoying their maternity leave xx

Bagpuss

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 9:08am

Oooh Chilli all sounds like it's going well for you! I think the baby dropping can give you pains & make your legs go numb cos the head is pressing on different nerves!!

Oh my how exciting this all is - only 5 weeks or less to go for me, you, Saz etc!!!!!!

I'm good, saw my Cons on Monday & he's happy with things - Bee is head down but not engaged yet.

xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE