You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Duckworth" started this thread

Reg: Jan 25th 2008

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 11:52am

slap cheek!

Hi all

I'm 12 weeks preg and am a primary school teacher. I have just found out a child in my class has got slap cheek and i think this is quite dangerous for me at the time of pregnancy.
Anyone eles been in the same situation? I'm worried!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to see doctor later just hope all will be ok?
:cat:
Duckworth

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 12:18pm

Hi Duckworth

There's a little bit of info about it in this thread PREGNANCY & HEALTH - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Hope the appointment goes ok. You're doing the best thing going to see the doctor. Let us know how you get on

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 5:08pm

Hi- go and mention it to your midwife. They can do some bloods to check your immunity to it, and may offer you more regular monitoring/scans if you are non-immune.
x

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 6:04pm

Hey....good to reassure yourself by seeing GP. It is something that carries a small risk in the early stages of preg but chances are, since it is so common in children, that you either had it yourself when you were younger or, since you are a primary teacher, have been exposed to it before and may would therefor have antibodies...your GP can test and tell you if you are.
I was exposed to it when I was 8 weeks preg this time, but I had slapped cheek myself last year, as my kids caught it through nursery...little germ magnets!
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

• "Duckworth" started this thread

Reg: Jan 25th 2008

Friday, June 27th 2008, 5:04pm

Hi girls
I saw doctor and she didn't seem that concerned at all, said there was no risk at all. I also phone NHS direct who waffled on about slap cheek and there could be a small risk.
While i decided i must of already had it myself as i have taught other children before with it. So hopefully i should be immune to it.
It is scary worrying about eveything, but like people say you can't live in a bubble for 9 months!!!
:cat:
Duckworth

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Friday, June 27th 2008, 8:28pm

Glad your GP has reassured you...you're right, there are so many things to worry about with this pregnancy business!
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11