You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LadyLuck" started this thread

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 1:04pm

Excercise!

I was advised my a physio to do certain excercises to help with an easier birth.

I haven't as yet done anything other than usual walking and housework. I just dont have the energy at this stage to do much.

I would go swimming but I am new to the area and dont want to go alone, plus I hate swimming anyway. I am not really sure what to do. What are others doing.

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 1:38pm

Vicki
I found Aqua natal much better than swimming, which I personally found too exhausting. As everyone is pregnant you have something to talk about and no one knows each other so you get a chance to meet new people. In addition I was told walking is excellent preperation too due to the muscles you use.

I also spent time on the gym ball and brought a pregnancy-yoga video which was really good too.

Other than that doing loads of pelvic floor exercises is really good preperation but remember that when you are pregnant you should really practice the relaxing bit of the exercises. ie you should do the squezzing bit but really concentrate on breathing out and letting go of your pelvic floor muscles - this is the bit you really need for labour. My yoga teacher used to warn us about doing too much squeezing and holding in of your pelvic floor without the relaxing bit afterwards - the danger is you'll have cast iron muscles that you can clench perfectly but that won't actually help with labouring!

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 2:26pm

Thanks hun, that helps. I was thinking of a pregnancy yoga dvd now I am home all day.

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Sunday, April 2nd 2006, 7:31pm

Hi Vicki - just wondered if you are going back to work after the baby is born ...

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 11:06am

Hi Jenny

No not here anyway. Hubby is in the army and we are due a new posting Sept 07. I wanted a year off with my baby and now that DH is off to Iraq in October for 6 months I decided to take myself and baby home to my family to stay.

I may decide to get a part time job there for a few months to keep busy or bring a bit of money in, but won't go back for sure until we move again just after Sept 07.

If I had it my way I wouldnt work at all until baby is at school then I would work during school hours, I am keeping an open mind and taking it as it goes.Also depends on if I manage to get lucky and fall pregnant naturally in 07 eh!!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE