You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lauxy1979" started this thread

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 9:21am

a few worries about twinnies

hey everybody,

I am 14 weeks along with a twin pregnancy after a success at our first round of icsi. I have a couple of worries that I feel a bit silly talking to my OB about.

1. I am very petite(5ft2) and I am a bit scared there will not be enough room in my little body for 2 babies. I am scared that being smaller could increase the chance of premature labour. Have any of you other ladies had twins and been little?

2. I am terrified about whether I'd not it is safe to have sex. I am a bit of a worrier (well I suppose all first timers are!) so I do not want to do anything that could cause problems.

We have had a nuchal scan at the RVI which was amazing and very reasuring as they checked everything was normal with both babies. I think I am just scared my own body might let them down now. I think when twins are a choice rather than a fluke ( we chose to have 2 embryos put back) you cannot help but feel that maybe you are setting your body up for something it isnt really designed for. Anyway I would just love to have some reassurance really that I have as good a chance as anyone else of it all working out.

Thanks loads! Lau xx TTC 5 years (age 28)

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 11:01am

You will be fine bodies are amazing things Im 5'3 and I was ok, yes I ached a bit & was tierd, but other wise all good only sick 2 or 3 times. I really enjoyed being pregnant with twins it just takes a little bit of time to get your head round it.
I have found it to be no more difficult then anyone carring a single baby.
Just keep reminding yourself some nutters have triplets & quads :snigger:
Good Luck x x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 12:02pm

Hi Lau
Sorry but cant help with size thing as I'm 5ft 7 but my friend who fell preg naturally with twins is only 5'1 and about 7 stone carried her twins to 39 weeks, they're a year old now and fab. My nana had twins, both good sizes and she is tiny.

Dont worry about yr size, your body will adjust to whatever. I went up to 15 stone and was huggge and I had mine at 33 weeks so god knows what size I would have been had I gone full term.

I also had my nuchal scan done at RVI and they were lovley.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy xxx
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

• "jane april" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: May 22nd 2006

Children: twin girls

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 12:50pm

hiya, i am also pregnant with twins and 5'2" and just over 7 stone.

Like the girls say, your body is designed for babies do you will be fine. I haven't put any weight on yet (!) and didnt suffer any sickness, just get a bit tired. i must admit i am also too scared for sex but i had a sub chorionic hemmorage and didnt wanna risk anything. i will make up for it when the babies are born! there are also other ways if you get my drift!

im a real worrier too

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
DH fine, me blocked tubes and adhesions
1st IVF BFN,December 06 tubal surgery,2nd IVF BFN,3rd IVF :BFP: TWINS
5 frosties
April 09 ectopic pregnancy

bab10 bab10
our babies are two pink frillies

Reg: Aug 30th 2007

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 4:04pm

As the other ladies have said, i dont think your size will matter too much except you may feel it more being shorter than some, but our bodies are designed for this.

Regarding the sex, We were told to abstain until we had stopped taking the pesseries at 14 weeks, then decided to go for it, but we ended up in hospital as it irritated something inside (uterus, cysts, cervix- who knows?) so was told to abstain from then on. This was on Mothers Day and I really thought I was loosing them, and have abstained ever since.

Some carry on though hun, so dont let that scare you off xx
TTC #1 Since April 05.
1 Mc Jan 06
1st ICSI Nov 07- :BFP:
Its twin girls- bab10 bab10

elmo

Ace

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 4:19pm

hello,
i too am small framed, i think your body just adjusts as best it can!
we tried bedding in the early days but it made the babies kick and we both found it a bit weird so have abstained since, i think its personal pref (unless you have been medically advised otherwise)
good luck chick x
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 6:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by jane april
i will make up for it when the babies are born!

Can I remind you you said that when they're 3 months old, ha ha! :happy:

We also ended up abstaining, we had one go after we reached 12 weeks and I had a tiny bleed and got thrush and that was that! For most there's no medical reason why not to contine if you're both game.

I hope the girls have already reassured you that your body's perfectly capable of coping with 2 little ones, congratulations & enjoy your pregnancy. Twins are ace lurve )
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 8:25am

Thanks everybody for your advice and reasurance. I am starting to feel more relaxed, prior to all your posts the only women I knew of with twins were over 5ft5 and had all got pregnant naturally. I think the best thing for me to do now is to stop worrying and start really taking care of myself and the little guys.

As for the sex thing we figured if we can go this long without it ( we stopped when I started the Ivf treatment) then we can manage a few more months. Before we knew we had a problem we had enough sex to last a lifetime anyway! :)

Thanks again for your help it has put my mind at rest.

Laura xx

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 10:52am

Laura
I stopped having nookies whilst in the 2ww and havent resumed it since. You never have time with twins ha.

Good luck hun xxx
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 8:34pm

RE: a few worries about twinnies

Quoted

Originally posted by lauxy1979
hey everybody,

...I am very petite(5ft2) and I am a bit scared there will not be enough room in my little body for 2 babies. I am scared that being smaller could increase the chance of premature labour. Have any of you other ladies had twins and been little?

Laura
I have seen a woman of 5ft8 who has a broad bone structure not able to keep twins on board beyond 28 weeks and I have seen a woman who barely made 5ft and was so tiny in build you would have thought a sneeze would break her carry hers to 37 weeks. In the end it has nothing to do with how tall you are or what you weigh but how much your womb can accomodate and there is no way to test that but to go through your pregnancy and see what happens...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Friday, July 11th 2008, 6:31pm

Hi Lauxy

I'm a bit taller than you but not much (5'5") and have the same wonderings as my fundus is above my tummy button already! I'm 14wks and at the RVI too :D. I'm sure we'll be fine though hun. There are plenty people who have more than 2 and are fine. Just think of that woman in Birmingham who has sextuplets!!!

TTC ; tx PCOS & MFI
ICSI #2 - BFP!! ITS BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Please stay with us

[/url]

Friday, July 11th 2008, 7:18pm

hi twinkle

hey!

I am not actually at the Rvi as we live in Gateshead I am at the QE but we had our nuchal scan there. I went to see the midwife as I am allready getting braxton hicks and loads of round ligament pain. She said the reason the BH are starting early and I am in so much pain is because my uterus is measuring at 23 weeks and I am only at 17 weeks at the moment. I have a feeling I am going to get MASSIVE! :)

Anyway nice to know there is someone else local at around the same stage as me!

Laura xx

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 6:50pm

An update!

Well it turns out my neurotic worrying was uneccessary. I am now at 37 weeks with two little babies inside me weighing an estimated 6lbs each! I am going in to be induced next week. I just thought I would give you all an update for any other first trimester worriers out there as I wish I could have relaxed a bit more and enjoyed being pregnant. I can't wait to get these babies out of me now I am huge with the worst heartburn of all time. :) I actually look pretty comical as I am all tummy and the rest of me looks pretty normal. I cannot believe what my little body is capable of.

Thanks everyone for your advice and reassurance all those months ago.

Laura Xxx

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 7:08pm

Aw thats lovely to hear, so pleased for you. I bet you are excited now. Good luck and we'll be waiting for the update when they are born.

Thinking of you x

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 21st 2007

Children: 2

Friday, November 28th 2008, 4:40pm

great to hear,

i have also worried quite a lot during this pregnancy and now counting down the last weeks.

you have done sooo well to get to 36 weeks, your body is as you say truly amazing!

let us know how you are all doing.

xxx

Icsi Oct 07 BFP 25th Nov - miscarried @ 7 weeks
Icsi April 08 BFP May 23rd
15th Jan 09 - Gave birth to 2 beautiful girls!

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 11:02am

Hey, just a quick update! I had both babies on Dec 6th at 38 weeks they weight 6lb 11 and 7lbs. We had two little boys, Elliott and Arthur who are just beyond gorgeous!

I ended up having an emergency section after being in labour for 3 days and the babies going into distress. We are all doing fine and I have been breastfeeding them for 4 weeks.

It is really hard work but well worth it when I get to cuddle up to two little warm bodies :)

Laura
Xxxx

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: 1 son conceived naturally(no idea how) 1 m/c april 6th 2010:(

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 12:43pm

aww bless congrats to you all blowkiss
:jilly:
ttc since july 2007.
5 x clomid no ov :(
april 08 to march 09 3stone 4lb lost
1 m/c april 2010 :(
our ttx journey has ended

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 12:54pm

well done congrats to you and your family blowkiss

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 1:34pm

Congratulations xxx

<

Kezza

Star

Children: Pregnant with baby #1 due 24/11

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 7:17pm

congrats!
xxxxxxxxx
Kezza
DS born 03/12/09

FatCat

Reg: Mar 16th 2009

Wednesday, April 8th 2009, 11:10am

Aww congrats!!
FatCat!

9/03/09: EC : 11 eggs - 8 fertilized - ICSI
10/03/09: 6 embryos! :)
14/3/09: 2 ET (blasts)
23/3/09: Beta Hcg 254 - Confirms :BFP:
15/4/09: 2 Perfect HeartBeats! TWINS FOR US!! :)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE