You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Peppa

• "Peppa" started this thread

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 4:46pm

A little worried about sudden cramping

I'm a little bit worried :sadface:
I just went to Sainsbury's and did the weekly shop as i normally do and as i was unpacking it back at home i started to get really bad cramps in my tummy and i do mean really bad :scared:
I sat down for about ten minutes and they gradually eased and i'm fine now but i'm just worried about what it was. I didn't lift anything particularly heavy, just bags of shopping.
Anyone had a similiar experience? Should i be worried?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 4:48pm

try not to worry hun. they say that some pains are normal as your insides are been pushed up by having a baby in there. xx

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 4:49pm

Michelle, don't worry hun, I think this is completely normal! Was it on one particular side? I had the same thing a few weeks ago and called a friend who had just popped - she said it sounded like the uterus stretching (apparently right now mine is now the size of a grapefruit ?( )

Reg: Oct 26th 2007

Children: One very beautiful daughter!

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 4:50pm

Hi Michelle,

Try not to worry! It could be anything, but I don't think cramps alone signify much. If it is cramps accompanied by bleeding, then that is when things become more serious.

Relax, let DH make dinner and don't lift anything.

xxxx

ICSI March 2008 BFP, then early m/c, Natural BFP May 2008, m/c at 6 weeks
Natural :BFP: 08/08/08!!!

Peppa

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 4:58pm

Thanks for the reassurance ladies! Sarah - the pain was right in the middle of my tummy but it wasn't like AF pains, totally different and like nothing i've ever experienced before, that's what worried me but like qwerty says there was no blood so that is reassuring.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Reg: Feb 25th 2008

Children: I wish and hope

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 5:00pm

Mich, sorry to hear you've been worried by this. Agree with Sarah, it's prob uterus stretching. Also I def second what Qwerty said, if it's not accompanied by any bleeding then try not to read too much into it. If it happens again, phone your EPU or clinic for advice, or even NHS Direct. I would say avoid lifting anything at all unless it's very light. Difficult I know when you're just trying to get on with the day to day!!

Try not to worry, I'm sure everything's fine. But do relax and don't do anything strenuous. I try and avoid bending, stretching, squatting, lifting, twisting or anything like that, but then I'm just very paranoid!!!! :snigger:

Missed m/c May 07
Ectopic (right tube lost) March 08
Missed m/c July 08
Three angels in Heaven ;(
Recently split with DP... very sad but for the best
No more TTC for me... for now anyway... who knows what the future holds... xx

Peppa

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 5:12pm

Trouble is though, i don't know how much is too much to lift! When i normally go shopping i would use those huge jute bags, fill them to the brim and carry four at once. Now i'm kind of carrying half of what i normally would but it may still be too much.
For example this is what was in the two bags that i lifted up together:
2 pints milk, 12 yoghurts, bread, tub of ice cream, 4 pack of tomato soup cans, bottle of cordial, bag of apples, bananas, oranges, veggies, magazines, potatoes, pasta and few small things that weigh hardly anything.
Too much or ok?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 5:16pm

Sorry it scared you :sadface:

To me , that sounds ok - it can't be any heavier than a toddler and many expectant mums carry their toddlers around - but I'm no expert. If you're worried maybe do more bags and more journeys?

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Peppa

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 5:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by bubble

To me , that sounds ok - it can't be any heavier than a toddler and many expectant mums carry their toddlers around

That's exactly what i thought!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

SarahV

Superstar

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 5:47pm

Michelle,

I don't lift any bottles etc. I now only get a few light things and then the DH and I try to do a shop together... I figure we've got precious cargo here, the boys are just going to have to step up and lift more weights.

Obviously I'm no doctor, but I bet it's your uterus getting bigger - so many things are changing already, got to make room for the wee one!

Peppa

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 5:59pm

I wont do it again :sadface:
I thought it was ok and i was trying to prevent my poor DH from having to go to the supermarket after his 12 hour shift when i've been at home all day. I didn't really think that it could do any harm but i feel really stupid now and i wont be able to forgive myself if anything were to happen. I can see why most of you are saying not to lift things now, i feel awful :sadface:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

SarahV

Superstar

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 6:06pm

Oh Michelle, don't feel bad... they are surprisingly resilient little things and nicely cusioned in the tummy... just think it's best to err on the side of caution. Me and the DH are now trying to do one weekly shop and then if we need the odd thing, I pop in to get it... v difficult right now for poor DH seeing as I'm off cooking dinner and definitely off veggies!

Don't worry though, but maybe think of your body / babe saying "Michelle - enough, leave us in peace" :snigger:

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, June 13th 2008, 10:15am

Hey Mich, sorry you had a cramping scare. I agree with everyone else that it must just be your uterus stretching. I have read about that.
And, don't feel bad for lifting a few bags, a friend of mine played hockey for a month before she knew she was preggers, and in the paper today there's that girl who gave birth in the bath and didn't know she was preggers at all - goodness knows what she'd done over the previous 9 months!
Just take it easy from now. ok? x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Peppa

Friday, June 13th 2008, 10:32am

Thanks Ros blowkiss

I am absolutely fine today, no more cramping so all is fine :yes: and i will stop worrying now!
Thanks to everyone for their support - especially Bubble (for your pm's) :smile:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Peppa" (Jun 13th 2008, 10:32am)

Reg: May 10th 2008

Children: Please god....let this be the year for us!!

Saturday, June 14th 2008, 7:28pm

Hey michelle!

Hun...ive experienced something similar when ive been lifting! And i'm ashamed to say that although ive not been weight lifting as such, I have been lifting the odd bags and taking bits and bobs to the tip etc, also sometimes get cramps or pains if ive been scrubbing the house or hoovering (which ive done a few time too)!! :O - its worried me too! - but i also think that we're not supposed to wrap ourselves up in cotton wool - just take it easier than normal! Which we are doing!! :smile:

Try not to worry hun, i think im with everyone else...as long as theres no bleeding then im sure everything is ok blowkiss

xxxxxxxx

1st IVF/ICSI Apr/May 08 :BFP:
Prayers answered! Thank you God :pray:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jennyaq" (Jun 14th 2008, 7:28pm)

Reg: Nov 24th 2007

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 6:11pm

Having cramps myself at the moment. Bit worried to be honest. My whole tummy area aches and then I'm gettinng these sharp shooting pains. Not really sure of its anything to worry about. I was driving when it came on and I was so scared, I just started crying. I'm home now though, I've had a bath and I'm taking it easy. DH is making dinner. I'm trying not to worry.
Me 30 DH 32
TTC since Aug 06.
Tried Clomid & FSH.
June 08 Shock :BFP:

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 6:17pm

Oh Em. Take it easy now and if it gets any worse pop a call into your midwife and see if you can get a scan. Relax this evening and try not to worry!

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 6:21pm

Cheers Bubble. I'm sure its nothing. xfingers
Me 30 DH 32
TTC since Aug 06.
Tried Clomid & FSH.

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 6:36pm

Just been reading some of the old posts and it seems to be quite common. I'm going to try and put it out of my mind as there's no bleeding. I was just worried cos I thought my uterus would've been done strateching by now, but many of the posts say it goes right on up to the 12 weeks. It just seemed so much more severe today and it scared me.
Thanks for looking out for me Bubs. x
Me 30 DH 32
TTC since Aug 06.
Tried Clomid & FSH.

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 6:37pm

I had lots of stabbing cramps in my 1st few weeks. They were really frightening but all was ok x

TTC ; tx PCOS & MFI
ICSI #2 - BFP!! ITS BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Please stay with us

[/url]

Peppa

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 6:51pm

Emma i have just replied to your PM! Hope you are ok, take it easy and let DH deal with the cleaning and cooking.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 7:59pm

Em, the aches and pains can be so worrying, I had them through my 1st tri, and they settled down, so much is going on inside right now, and your uterus will be stretching etc, and shooting pains are exactly how I felt, and really think that was the uterus stretching.

that said, I know it is easier said then done, when people say not to worry!

See how you go, try to rest up if you can, and if you are still worried, maybe see if you can get some advice from your mw.

xxx

<

Saturday, June 21st 2008, 11:35am

Thank you ladies. Your replies really helped. Its good to know that its normal. DH told me off about carrying things and will be carrying everything from now on! :snigger: And my TA at school has been looking out for me too - we're getting the kids to move the tables and put the benches out for PE.

Pains wer a lot less severe yesterday and haven't really had any today, only ever so slight cramps. So, I believe yo all now, I think it really is nothing to worry about. Its unbelieveable how scared you get though.

Well, good excuse for me to put my feet up! Now, "DH, cup of tea please!" :snigger:
Me 30 DH 32
TTC since Aug 06.
Tried Clomid & FSH.

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, July 14th 2008, 9:21pm

More questions about cramping

Wondering whether anyone had some advice. I've been having bad cramps this afternoon and this evening. They don't last for long but they're like tight spasms and they're making me double over with the pain. I think my pain threshold is quite high and I know everyone feels pain differently but I don't know if I'm trying to sit out something I should be worried about?

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Monday, July 14th 2008, 9:42pm

Sorry i cant offer any advice bubble as i only had cramps similar to what you are experiancing at the very beginging and was told they were proberly implantation pains , if you are not happy go see your gp or ring the EPU to voice your concerns ,hopefully someone will get back to you who has experianced something similar and can give you some advice...

Sorry i cant be more help...

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Monday, July 14th 2008, 9:48pm

I did have some cramping pains earlier on in my pregnancy which turned out to be constipation, but if they continue or are worrying you then I would speak to midwife or EPU...just for some reassurance.x
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Monday, July 14th 2008, 9:48pm

Hi ya Bub's

Sorry I don't come with any advice hunni, but if you're in that much pain and are concerned defo call and make an appt' with your GP tomorrow or as T said, call your EPU and seek advice.
I wish I had some reassuring advice sweetie, but this PG buisness is all new to me too, every twinge or pain I have worries the ehll out of me, i can amagine how worried you are :cuddle
Have you taken anything for the pain, some paracetemol?
I have everything tightly crossed the pain eases and goes real soon sweetie xfingers
Thinking of you xxx

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, July 14th 2008, 9:49pm

Thanks Teresa. Hopefully it won't get any worse overnight and I need to see my GP anyway tomorrow (the delights of thrush :rolleyes:) so I'll mention it then. Hopefully its nothing to worry about.

x

treezuk

Superstar

Monday, July 14th 2008, 9:56pm

np hunni keep us posted on how you get on , also i was very crampy with constipation too like mayo so if you havent had a poop in a while bear that in mind too ( sorry for the tmi)
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Monday, July 14th 2008, 9:57pm

where are your cramps bubble? I found that when pg I got terrible trapped wind a few times. I'd never had it before in my life and woke up in the middle of the night convinced something serious was happening.
Took ages for the wind to work it's way down and I was in a lot of pain till it did.
I'm sure your GP will have advice for you tomorrow xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Monday, July 14th 2008, 10:16pm

it may well be wind hun. hope the pain eases hun xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, July 14th 2008, 11:11pm

I hope they stop soon hun.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 8:34am

Thanks for the advice ladies.

They've not gone :sadface:

I'm pretty sure that they are not wind and I'm not constipated. They're on both sides, a couple of inches or so below my boobs and to the edges of my tummy area. Going to phone the dr shortly and get an appointment.

x

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 8:38am

keep us updated xxxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 9:48am

Thanks Jen. Seeing the doctor just after 11 so will see what they say. x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 9:58am

Hope everything is ok bubblicious, thinking of you xx

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

mayo

Star

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 10:10am

Hope all goes well at GP's this morning.x
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 10:17am

Me too

P xx
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Reg: Jun 12th 2008

Children: one daughter 11months

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 10:27am

Hope everythings ok bubble, i just went to doctor as i had had some bleeding but all is ok, you do always feel better after a visit to the doctor. xxxxxxxxx

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 11:14am

Hope everything is ok :cuddle xxx

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 11:19am

Thinking of you sweetie, hope everything's OK.

xxx

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

Peppa

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 12:22pm

Just caught up with this Bubble, hope everything is ok blowkiss

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 12:23pm

Thanks ladies.

Well she doesn't seem worried, so I won't be either (!). She says it could be a by-product of the UTI I had, or the antibiotics, or a touch of colic. Advised to keep an eye on it and get back in touch if the symptoms change - eg accompanied by temperature/bleeding/pains get lower - but she thinks it might pass as quickly as it came on. Here's hoping! She had a good feel around of my tummy and back and kidney area and nothing seems out of sorts.

x

Peppa

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 12:28pm

That's a relief! Lets hope it goes away soon then.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 12:30pm

What a relief for you hunni, I hope it completely goes soon.

xxx

Me 30, DF 36

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 12:35pm

So glad all seems well, now relax and have a rest :D

mayo

Star

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 1:17pm

Hi, glad your GP is not worried and the cramping has stopped. Take care.x
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 1:32pm

Thanks ladies. :D I'm not going to worry about it now I've been checked over.

Would love a snooze but we have the plumbers in banging and crashing and need endless cups of tea! Hopefully they'll knock off early!

treezuk

Superstar

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 1:38pm

So glad to hear they think its nothing serious bubble , at least she has given you signs to look out for if anything should arise which is always better to know so you can act on it straight away... have a nice relaxing day and hope you feel better soon...

xxx
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 6:32pm

Sorry Bubs - only just seen this. Glad the doc thinks its nothing to worry about and I hope the pains have subsided a bit now.

Look afetr yourself - and make sure DH is looking after you too! x
Me 30 DH 32
TTC since Aug 06.
Tried Clomid & FSH.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE