You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Peppa

• "Peppa" started this thread

Friday, May 30th 2008, 12:27pm

I know it's been talked about before but - HAIR DYE?

I've tried getting info through the links on another thread about this but it doesn't seem to work.
Is it ok to have permanant hair colour done at the hair dressers at this early stage of pregnancy?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, May 30th 2008, 12:30pm

Yes :happy:

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Peppa

Friday, May 30th 2008, 12:31pm

Thank you. Was a bit worried but my roots are a mess so i will make an appointment now :D

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Friday, May 30th 2008, 12:57pm

i had mine done and i was just pregnant (did not know) i also had it done just after my 12 week stage. xx
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Missy

Superstar

Friday, May 30th 2008, 1:33pm

It is best to avoid bleach and henna though just thinking about it :happy:

If you need highlights tell your hairdresser and they should be careful not to let the bleach touch the scalp 8) Henna sometimes has a funny reaction to hair when you are pregnant

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Peppa

Friday, May 30th 2008, 2:44pm

Thanks for that Missy, so mine should be ok then? It does touch the scalp but is not a bleach or henna dye, just a normal tint!
Made an appointment for Sunday - need to get these awful blonde roots sorted, i look ridiculous :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Missy

Superstar

Friday, May 30th 2008, 3:33pm

No problemo :D

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Peppa

Sunday, June 1st 2008, 1:46pm

Just to update on this for other women who may be worried about this, i just got back from my hairdressers and he wouldn't colour my hair :sadface: He said they are advised not to colour women's hair in the first trimester unless they use foils!
I could have had my roots touched up with foils so that it didn't touch the scalp but it would have been more expensive and still would have left some blonde showing.
I decided to have a cut and blow dry and buy a hat instead :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 1st 2008, 3:13pm

Well first trimester or not, your skin is more sensitive in pregnancy so while your scalp may have been fine in the past having bleach/colour/tint applied to it, it may not be now and you don't want a scabby bonce ... it looks 'miles' worse than dodgy roots!! ;)

Peppa

Sunday, June 1st 2008, 3:22pm

Ewwwww, a scabby bonce :yuk:
I'd much rather just wear a hat, that way i don't even have to brush my hair either - just cap and go :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Wednesday, June 4th 2008, 2:31pm

You should not colour hair in the first trimester (my obs says not at all). The darker the colour, the worse it is for some kind of substance that contains the toxins (pHp or something). There isn't enough research to say what the dye does to your baby but its thought that generally, the small amount that would get into your blood stream wouldn't do much harm. I waited until last week and then I had my usual red colour put in with foils to be on the safe side as it looks better than nothing! I shall just wear a head scarf for every app now so that my obs doesn't rumble me!
[zx160]Emma

Me 32, DH 28
Ectopic Oct 06- right tube removed
Endometriosis
First IVF cycle began 5th Feb 08
:BFP: 16th March bab11
:cuddle

Baby Gregory born 10 weeks early on September 20th. baby1

Peppa

Wednesday, June 4th 2008, 5:37pm

Emma - the info that you find varies so much on this one! Infact my stylist said that the lighter the colour the riskier it is at light blonde colours contain peroxide but basically it is best just to avoid all colours for as long as possible.
Think i might go with having mine in foils too after my 12 weeks scan!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, June 4th 2008, 7:10pm

I thought most salons used foils and meche nowadays anyway?? You can't be telling me that those horrible rubber caps still exist? Yeowch!!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Peppa

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 9:46am

Missy, semi permanant colours are done without foils or that cap thingy (which sounds horrible :snigger: )
It's only colours containing peroxide (such as highlights) that need foils.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 9:54am

I have permanent highlights with bleach and use mesh -haven't used foils for years...and am going to get mine done...I look hideous!

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Peppa

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 9:55am

It's fine with foils though Bubble as it wont touch the scalp!
I used to have blonde highlights, why did i go dark brown?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 10:08am

I'm having a skin test before they do it. Hopefully if its going to make me scabby it'll show up from that !

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 6:46pm

I've booked in for the full works after 24 weeks, thought it may be safer then? Have no research to back that up though :snigger: I may just get highlights done and not a gloss over the top like I usually do. The smell is horrendous though so I think I'm going to have to ask to sit next to the window to get some air!

Reg: May 10th 2008

Children: Please god....let this be the year for us!!

Sunday, June 8th 2008, 2:31pm

RE: I know it's been talked about before but - HAIR DYE?

Quoted

Originally posted by Michelle H
I've tried getting info through the links on another thread about this but it doesn't seem to work.
Is it ok to have permanant hair colour done at the hair dressers at this early stage of pregnancy?

A friend of mine bleached her hair throughout her entire twin pregnancy years back! (and i mean peroxide!!) She knew no different and literally had it done every 4 weeks! Its a tricky one, but i reckon wait till the dreaded 12 weeks is over and then just go for it! - Someone said to me....her consultant actually said to her....'its not like your eating it!!' :snigger: I think thats the most sensible thing ive heard a consultant say - i think they may make us toooo hung up on things like this!!! I mean...its not like we're pouring a bottle of domestos down our necks is it!!! lmao

But at the end of the day.....its totally down to personal choice - there are threads on here where people have avoided it throughout the entire pregnancy jsut to be on the safe side, and yet others who did it the whole way through and have perfectly healthy babies! - Dont worry though....i'm just as intrigued as to whether its safe or not as you guys!! - and when push comes to shove after 12 weeks i'll probably feel very nervous still! But I also want to look as nice as possible without feeling self consious all the time!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

1st IVF/ICSI Apr/May 08 :BFP:
Prayers answered! Thank you God :pray:

Reg: Jun 5th 2008

Children: None, preggies with my first

Monday, June 9th 2008, 5:51pm

Hey there, correct me if im wrong but ive heard that you're not supposse to dye you're hair expecially in the first trimester because of the woman can inhale the fumes of the dye which is not very good for the baby???
SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPALADOSOUS!!

I was gonna make toast before but i had no bread so i made myself a sandwich instead!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE