You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

nickate

• "nickate" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "nickate" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Friday, May 16th 2008, 1:04pm

Tired, very tired. Is it normal to be this tired?

I am exhausted, but I dont do that much all I do is - get up at 6.00 take the dogs out, cook brekkie well half of it cause I cant crack the eggs or look at anything uncooked at the moment- have a shower and do hair- work from 10-12 and then I am absolutely exhausted- snooze- work till 4 then get hubbie to do everything else. (very active before pregnancy, didnt stop)

I think swimming after 12 weeks may help give me a bit of energy?

Anyone else like this and anyone else done a little excercise after 12 weeks and it has helped.

I dont mind being tired is it normal to be this tired?

Kate x
Katex jilly bab13

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, May 16th 2008, 1:06pm

It is the progesterone in your system. It is very similar to calming drugs :)

It WILL get better :)
First trimester was the worst for me with the tiredness...
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

nickate

Friday, May 16th 2008, 1:08pm

Oh is that what it is, I am on the pessaries too.
Thanks thought it was really weird.

Kate x
Katex jilly bab13

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Friday, May 16th 2008, 1:17pm

Hi Kate

I have been feeling really tired too, but the past week I have been feeling a lot lot more awake, it will pass hon.

xxx

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Friday, May 16th 2008, 2:48pm

Hi Kate

I'm really tired too. I'm working 9-5 and am ok in the mornings but about 10 minutes after I've had lunch I really feel like I need a sleep! I've found myself hiding in the loo just to shut my eyes for 10 minutes. The afternoons are a real struggle and all I can think about is wanting to sleep or get home. When I get in I'm not too bad but have no motivation to go anywhere or do anything and have found that I ready for bed as early as 8.30pm when I'm normally an 11.30pm girl!

I guess its our bodies conserving energy to grow our bubs. Are you eating enough good foods too? I was reading that your bub takes all of the nutriuents you take in and your own needs have to get by on whatever is left over! I'm sure I'm eating ok, but still tired all the same :P

TTC ; tx PCOS & MFI
ICSI #2 - BFP!! ITS BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Please stay with us

[/url]

nickate

Friday, May 16th 2008, 2:56pm

hi Twinkle, youll have to sneek a pillow & duvet into the loo :D

Kate x
Katex jilly bab13

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Friday, May 16th 2008, 3:10pm

Hi Kate

It is COMPLETELY normal! I have turned into a duvet monster both my pregnancies.

I get up at 7 am tired again by 10, hold off till lunch (cos I want food) then go for a kip!

It is starting to get better now at 11 weeks though, sleeps are only an hour as opposed to 3-4 lol. I too used to be really active, gym 4-5 times a week and dog walking too but it has been really hard sometimes just to wlak the dog! Hoping to get back into it a bit when tiredness passes.

Go with what ur body is telling you!

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Friday, May 16th 2008, 3:34pm

Hi Kate

Just to let you know that I was soo tired I fell asleep half way through a conversation with dh and had to have a nap at 6 when I got in from work for half hour before I could do anything then went to bed at 9.

Last week through it has got a lot better still occassionally tired but not all the time like before. There is light at the end of the tunnel, honest :)

x

nickate

Friday, May 16th 2008, 5:08pm

oh thats great I thought maybe I had iron problems or something, I am just so tired I dont want to move, just sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep

Thanks for all your answers makes me feel human. right off for a nap :D
Katex jilly bab13

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Saturday, May 17th 2008, 9:01am

Hey babes

Me too - is a bit better last 2 weeks or so, but just cant do a thing!!!! Am hoping that I get the all clear to do some gentle swimming in the next few weeks and that as time goes on we'll perk up, but in the meantime, am off to bed soon and its only 9am!!!!

ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, May 17th 2008, 9:24am

:yes: yep yep yep completely normal. Unfortuantely the first 12 weeks are the most exhausting (until you get humungous but thats a different sort of tiredness!) I was sitting on the sofa after work and falling asleep at 6pm only to be woken by DH to go to bed at 10! I have fallen asleep at the cinema, on a tour bus, at someones dinner party.... he he! so embarassing particularly when you are keeping it a secret for the first 3 months!

Gets a bit better in the 2nd trimester you don't feel the total exhaustation but I still can't stay awake after 9pm and need a kip in the day :snigger:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, May 17th 2008, 1:08pm

That's why we call them the valium weeks!! Feels like someone drugged you doesn't it?

It's perfectly normal and it will pass once you get to around 12 weeks.

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Saturday, May 17th 2008, 8:15pm

I'm finding i'm absolutley warn out at the mo, slept for 9 hrs, got up for 2 and then went back to bed for 3hrs and still tired. Not sure if its transition time +/- the fact I started new job 2 wks ago.
Has anyone any tips???

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Monday, May 19th 2008, 4:25pm

Kate, reading your post has made me feel better... I am miles behind you and absolutely knackered... I figure it's part and parcel. DH said his friends wife who is in early pg is knackered too. From one :puke: woman to another :puke: sick woman - I figure it's all a good sign... apparently after 3 months things start to improve!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE