You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 10:37pm

Hey hun

Every clinic will advise different, My clinic didnt even say no sex during 2ww and we did twice and I was on the progesterone and DH never complained of any discomfort.
Normally if you have had any bleeding or threatenings of a mc they tell you to withhold til 12 weeks but in my (totally unexpert) opinion I think it should be fine

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 12:38pm

Stomach Cramps after BD

OK, so we finally got our :BFP: last Thursday after our first IVF cycle (still totally stunned!!). After a fairly muted love life over the past few months due to stress, drugs etc, we are both really happy to get back into the saddle, so to speak [zx014] .

But - I had an orgasm the day of the BFP, which was immediately followed by bad stomach cramps. They lasted about 10 minutes or so then faded away, but really frightened me. We have BD'd a LOT since, with no problems at all, but I've stopped short of the big O each time (which my DH is finding far too enjoyable, he is having great fun teasing me the whole time, the :swear:.). I've provisionally decided to not get too carried away until after the scan next Thursday, but am I being totally over-cautious and paranoid? I'm just terrified that if I do let rip, then the bad cramps will return and cause a miscarriage :sadface: . Are post-sex cramps normal in early pregnancy? Other times, I'm just getting the odd twinge or very mild cramp, which I think is normal for this stage, its just the sex thing I'm worried about!

Any advice, reassurance appreciated!!
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 12:52pm

Hi,

I waited until I was about 12 weeks before [zx084] .
I was told at our 7 week scan that we could carry on as normal.
Like you, I had afew uncomfortable cramps but was fine.
I got the same throughout my pregnancy and everything was still ok. It is scary.
If I was you, I would hold off and speak to them about it at the clinic when you go for your scan and they can best advise you.
I'm sure you will be ok, but it is best to make sure isn't it?

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 1:08pm

I am 10 weeks now and we haven't BD'ed yet, I am really missing it but am also too scared in case it affects anything. I think we are going to wait until 12 weeks. Some ladies are told to wait until 12 weeks because of previous miscarriages. My clinic has said that it isn't a problem at all so I am probably just being over cautious.

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 3:06pm

Hi Caraz

I was told by the nurse after the transfer that it was ok to carry on as normal although i didn't DF wasn't too chuffed lol but hey hoe. I did eventually give in though i'm over 10 weeks now and had my first scan last week and everything was the way it should be. I can't say i did notice much cramping though so would maybe be best checking with your clinic. I know a lot of people wait until they are 12 weeks gone but it's really up to you everyone would have different says on the matter.
First ICSI
Jan/Feb 2010
EC 18/02/10
ET 20/02/10
05/03/10 :BFP:

1 Healthy [zx076] seen 08/04/10 9wks1day

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Judgejules" (Apr 15th 2010, 3:10pm)

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 5:39pm

hi caraz

i have had previous m/c's and fertility treatment and on each occasion i was advised to wait for at least 12 weeks. but if youre worried, stop the bd until you've spoke to clinic or had your first scan. good luck hun

xxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 5:43pm

hi debi1

my clinic advised no sex till after 12 weeks. but as youre unsure the best thing you can do is ring your clinic and ask. they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

hope that helps

xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Reg: Dec 2nd 2009

Children: Keeping everything crossed

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 6:13pm

Hi there

My clinic also advised to wait until 12 weeks. Apparently its not just the (Sorry if TMI) penetration side of things but also an orgasm could shift the embie shall we say. Thats not exactly how the clinic described it to me, but I think that is it lamen terms. rotf
All clinics are different and if it were a natural pregnancy we probably wouldn't even ask these questions. If you are unsure check with your clinic and see what they say.

Me 35 DP 40
5 x Cycles all :BFN:
6th FET Apr 2012 :BFP: happydance

Joseph David arrived at 28+5 wks smile2

MY DIARY

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Friday, April 16th 2010, 9:10am

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to stick with the original plan, and wait until after the scan on Thursday. The clinic said we were fine to carry on as normal after transfer, but I'd hate anything to happen and blame myself. A few more days won't kill me smile2 . Just worrying about the twinges I've been getting all morning now - if it isnt one thing, its something else...it must be nice to be able to do all this "normally" without having to worry about all this stuff!
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, April 16th 2010, 9:50am

Hi Caraz,

Cramping after BD is VERY common in all stages of pregnancy. Firstly your DH sperm cause mild uterine cramps which is why it is said to cause labour inthe 3rd tri if you're on the verge of going anyway (it shouldn't cause labour otherwise) and secondly an O causes your cervix to contract which helps conception when you're not pregnant but can cause discomfort due to the changes in it during pregnancy. It will set your mind at ease to wait until the scan but the advice currently is that unless you've had a mc or a threatened mc you can continue as normal (providing normal isn't doing it upside down hanging out the window of course).

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Rosa

Reg: Aug 3rd 2008

Children: None

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 10:47pm

Sex in the First Trimester

Hi all

I had my IVF in Egypt and there the advice is no sex in first trimester. Can anyone offer anything different? Quite frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.
ROSA
:xxx3:

1st ICSI AUG '08 = :BFP:
M/C 5 WEEKS

2nd ICSI AUG'09 = unsuccessful

3rd ICSI AUG '10 = :BFP:

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 10:22am

My old clinic said that you could resume sex after embryo transfer.

My current clinic say not to during two week wait.

I am not having sex during first trimester as I am too scared too after losing a baby before. People who conceive without IVF do not abstain for 12 weeks generally but its a personal choice, sex does not cause miscarriage but I am not risking it.

see this links (not FZ endorsed)

http://miscarriage.about.com/od/riskfact…xduringpreg.htm
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 10:27am

Sex? What's that!! :snigger:

Seriously though, I was too scared to even consider it in the first trimester so just didn't, since then there hasn't been a lot of anything either to be honest, I guess it's down to how you feel about it as an individual. Although we have found ways to be intimate without actually doing the deed IYKWIM!

xx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 10:30am

gracie - I know what you mean but am scared to do anything that might induce the big 'O'. But I admit I am totally paranoid.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 11:40am

I'm with BG & Gracie - was far too worried to do anything during 1st trimester, even after then was quite worried to try much til 20 wks, especially staying away from anything that might mean a big 'O' ;-)

I just worried something bad would happen .....

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 11:44am

We figured better safe than sorry, so decided to abstain for the first 12 weeks. Then we were still nervous, so ended up waiting till about 14 weeks I think! :chortle:
Now we're worried about when we should stop...Midwife says baby is not yet engaged, so we think it's OK, but once the head drops I'll want to stop!!

January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 11:51am

We were told after our 7 week scan that we could carry on as normal but like the others, we wanted to wait until after 12 weeks just to be sure,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Rosa

Reg: Aug 3rd 2008

Children: None

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 6:40pm

Thanks to you all. I think I'm the same, too scared to venture especially as we also had a loss last time. Luckily DH is Egyptian and as he thinks their docs are fab will be more than happy to go with the advice. Over there they advise this to all pregnancies, natural and assisted.

Anyway thanks again.

Rosa x
ROSA

1st ICSI AUG '08 = :BFP:
M/C 5 WEEKS

2nd ICSI AUG'09 = unsuccessful

3rd ICSI AUG '10 = :BFP:

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 11:04am

We didnt abstain but cut down quite alot and just was really gentle in the first tri. xx
If your worried about it you probably wont enjoy it much anyway so go with your instincts.

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 9:22am

I'm way toooo knackered! Bed is for sleeping :snigger:
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Reg: May 12th 2007

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 10:10am

Hi,

I'm glad someone asked the question because its probably at the forefront of everyones mind! Have enjoyed reading everyones responses! We were told 6-8 wks but been too scared to be honest and with all the pessaries and injections up to 14wks I just haven't felt like it but its getting close to crunch time and think I may try it soon although it fills me with dread. But on the up side I do feel extremely devilish if you know what I mean [zx197]

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 28th 2010

Children: hoping and praying this one sticks with us xxxxx

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 9:16am

hi

hi
my clinic have told me
i can go back to intercourse as long as i have no bleeding
x

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Wednesday, October 20th 2010, 12:58pm

Hehe, reading all these replies has got me nervous!! DH wants to go for it but im not so sure. We were only told to not do anything through our 2ww but i've said I want to get the scan done before even considering anything!

• "tamjam68" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 29th 2010

Children: 5

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 12:52pm

Ive gone opposite :laugh: cant get enough but have had to hold back a bit, we are normally an everyday couple. but a bit worried so have cut back to a gentle twice a week [zx068]. :laugh: . The 2ww was hard enough and the time before to improve DH sperm we had to limit it to 2-3 times a week. Trying to do a little catching up :teehee:
as long as you feel comfortable and take it gentle its fine after the 2ww. :xxx3:

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE