You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "monkeymind" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2008

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 3:30pm

Unbearable pain when going to the loo.

Hi, can anyone help me here,
Had my first scan at seven weeks last Thursday and all OK...relief! I spoke to the doctor regarding the severe pain I get when I go to the loo..number twos..and he said it could be the Cyclogest pessaries or endo being aggravated by all the tx, I've had the pain since I started stimms also very bad with my bladder but now it's agony and I'm afraid to go to the loo because the pain is just too much, I'm not constipated in fact I'm normally the opposite, I'm now using the pessaries vaginally but it's making no difference it's like the pain I have when I have AF and chronic endo pain. Has anyone else experienced this? I really can't go on like this but the docs suggesting trying to get through until 12 weeks so I can stop the progestorone pessaries, but what if it's not the pessaries?
Any advice would be grateful.
Thanks
xx

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 4:06pm

Yep me too, although it's not every time. Sometimes when I push, the pain jolts my stomach too. I went to the doc and they couldn't find anything wrong, but there's deffo something going on in the bowel area! I've got 2 weeks left of pessaries and counting- so we'll see!
[zx160]Emma

Me 32, DH 28
Ectopic Oct 06- right tube removed
Endometriosis
First IVF cycle began 5th Feb 08
:BFP: 16th March bab11
:cuddle

Baby Gregory born 10 weeks early on September 20th. baby1

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 4:15pm

i have pain every morning when i wake up, until i go to the loo, its like there is not enough room for everything.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 6:40pm

Not pain, had huge poo problems since started the prog on 2ww, normally wheat intolerant and can now eat bread forever with no problems as was so constipated, so make sure youre eating well and its not a blockage eh???

Only other time i get any sort of pain is when i try to hold in a wee, and thats sore so dont do it!!!

If its that bad would defo go to doc's, am on the gestone myself, maybe that would be another way of getting the prog??

Hope you feel better soon???
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Children: 2 - son Isa (6) and daughter Anouk (2)

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 7:52pm

Yep... I have this too, since stimms, and it seems to be getting worse.

I thought it was just because of the OHSS I had, as everything is so swollen down there with ovaries as big as oranges :snigger: But the last few days I've found myself gripping onto the wall when trying to go in agony. If I can relax long enough to go, it doesn't hurt my passage (so to speak!) so I don't think its constipation (plus I have the runs on and off, and the pain is still there either way). I was thinking of getting it checked out at the Dr's this week if not better... but if others are suggesting it could be the pessaries, I might see if I can hold out, as I only have a few more days of these to go....? I hope you recover quickly too! x
Mum to Isa (6, and who has Cystic Fibrosis) & Anouk (2). 1st ICSI+PGD 2008. BFP! 4 blasto frosties. 1st FET Sept 2011, amazing BFP! x

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 10:50am

Thanks, for replying, I too had OHSS and thought it was down to that, maybe it is, I'm not convinced it 's the pessaries though. Perdita, if you get any info from your GP can you let me know? I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow if it's the same today.

Thanks
xx

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 1:12pm

Hello MM... Saw GP today and explained (I had 2 episodes at work yesterday where I was in the loo for half an hour gripping onto the walls in agony! I wonder what my colleagues thought :snigger:). He said it was most likely related to the OHSS. Checked me for UTI (OK) and said to consult hosp ward I was on if it continues. I'm going to try and give it a few more days I think, as I stop the pessaries tomorrow, so maybe it will improve. Plus I really just don't want to be admitted again! You feeling any better? x
Mum to Isa (6, and who has Cystic Fibrosis) & Anouk (2). 1st ICSI+PGD 2008. BFP! 4 blasto frosties. 1st FET Sept 2011, amazing BFP! x

Friday, May 2nd 2008, 12:39pm

Hi,
Glad you went to the GP, I also am holding on because the IVF clinic said to go to my GP and get him to send me to A&E or emergency gynae, but like you I don't want to be back on the ward but the pain is horrible even passing wind....and there's been a lot of that! Also, it doesn't seem as if I'm emptying my bowels, I just have a small amount of the runs and then it's as if my rectum contracts and stops the rest coming out and it's that bit that's agony, I have to rub the lower part of my spine like mad to ease the pain, it takes my breath away, also the smell is very offensive which worries me... Sorry about the detailed info! Could you let me know if the pain stops when you finish the pessaries? I hope it does.
Take Care.xx

Saturday, May 3rd 2008, 5:14pm

Hi... after seeing my GP, my clinic called me back, and they defo think its the pessaries. They can cause gastric inflammation if over used. They said I should have stopped taking them at 8 weeks (a week or so ago), which I kind of remembered, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to finish the box. Been off them a couple of days now, and do feel a tiny bit better (but still no where near comfortable!). Will report back in a few days to say if it really has improved things. Good luck! Do take yourself down a&e if you get a temp or anything, as it could be sign of an infection then. x

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 1:29pm

Hi MM... How are you feeling now? My pain is definitely getting better. Can't quite say its comfortable yet to go to loo (esp in the morning with a full bladder)... but it is improving slowly... so perhaps its was the pessaries? Hope you're on the mend too x

Friday, May 9th 2008, 12:05pm

Hi,
Thanks for the info re pessaries, I now only use them vaginally and it is a little better, they told me at the clinic yesterday when I had my 9 week scan to continue taking them until 12 weeks and then slowly stop them, I really hope the rest of my 'toilet' discomfort will completely stop then.
Glad you are feeling a bit better too,
xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE