You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "elsielouise" started this thread

Reg: Apr 15th 2008

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 2:43pm

fluctuating symptoms?

Please help if you can.

I've had two previous m/c. One missed @7.5 weeks and one early last IVF. I had a positive test at the clinic on Friday and HCG of 179 at 8dp5dt or, 13dpo in 'natural terms'.

Felt sick on and off since getting hpt positive on Wednesday but now am convinced I feel nothing and my chest is much less sore. My DP asked the doctor on Friday if symptoms could fluctuate and she daid yes but... how many of you have had this?

With my m.c I can't even remember having any symptoms at this date as it was the fisrt +hpt and today I am 4 weeks plus 1.

Going back to clinic for another blood test tomorrow so guess will find out then but.......... surely my symptoms should be getting stronger?

nickate

• "nickate" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 2:49pm

My symtoms have dissappeared for the day and then come back the next day. Have not really felt as sick as I did before in the last few days.

My boobs arent that sore in the morning either and get worse as the day passes. It will be alright

Kate x
Katex jilly bab13

nkechi

Reg: Mar 20th 2008

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 2:57pm

Hi ElsieLouise, I almost convinced myself that my tx had failed cos other than feeling a little tired I had no symptoms. I have also read quite a few threads where ladies have had almost no symptoms at all to start with and their embies were all fine.

:pray: it all goes well at the scan tom.
xxx
Nkechi

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 4:58pm

how strange I was going to ask the same thing! I have no sickess today and boobs less sorrbut I do have minor cramps and am sooooooooo tired.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 5:12pm

My symptoms have gone on and off to so Id true not to worry too much althou I know thats easier said than done.

x

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 5:13pm

Hi elsielouise

Certain symptoms will me are permanent, boobs and tiredness, but others such as nausea comes and goes.

I think each PG is diff. I know I had really sore boobs from b4 I knew I was PG with both before but this time it didn't kick in until week 5-6.

Hope this reassurea you and good luck with ur test tomorrow

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 6:10pm

Thank you. It is good to hear of real people with differences and fluctuations. I can't allow myself to relax though and keep noticing I have tensed up my entire body!

With my history I am preparing myself for the worst almosrt constantly. Been in tears about five times today.

haven't had any spotting or anything but have also convinced self that this is just the progesterone support. There are no words really that can quite explain this worry.

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 9:03pm

Hi elsielouise
Strange, I too have been worrying about exactly that for the past week or more!
Somewhat reassuring to know others are finding the same thing happen.....maybe that means it is normal.
I did feel quite nauseous for a couple of days 2 weeks ago (about w6) and my boobs felt that firm way for the whole of week 4 but now they don't feel so firm and I feel vaguely nauseous now and then (usually when I smell food cooking) but I really don't have any obvious symptoms to put my mind at rest.
Maybe in my case my boobs haven't got so big this time (huge right away with 2 boys) since I b/fed # 2 til he was 14 months old (11 months ago) and my milk took forever to go away.(trying to reassure myself!).
There really are no words to express the worry....very difficult to think about anything else!
I have my booking apt with GP on Tues so will be asking about this then and then I have a scan booked for Fri which I am in nervous anticipation for!
Best of luck with your blood test tomorrow.x
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 9:19pm

Hi, Hun
My symptoms were mild and what few I had came and went and then disappeared completely by the time I was 8 or 9 weeks (except for the tiredness - that persists even today and I don't have the excuse of being Pg at the mo :snigger:) so that I was convinced that I was no longer PG. I did not look nor feel PG in the early days. I only began to believe it was real when I could feel baby kick (for me at about 19 weeks) and even then I didn't look PG. I always laughingly tell people the true story that, on the day I left work for maternity leave, a lot of the people I worked with at the time asked where i was going when I popped by to say goodbye - they had not even realised that I was PG and I was almost 36 weeks by then! 3 and a bit weeks later my son was born fit and well!

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Monday, April 28th 2008, 6:19am

Wish me more than luck today. Going to be at hospital early and should have results by lunchtime.

Daren't hope.

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Monday, April 28th 2008, 7:21am

Good luck elsielouise.

Let us know how you get on

p x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, April 28th 2008, 10:03am

godd luck hon - let us know how it goes x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Jun 15th 2007

Children: Soon I hope

Monday, April 28th 2008, 10:08am

Hi my boobs were very sore until 4-5 days before testing. They're still not sore at all. The only symptom i have is tiredness.

Good luck with appointment. x

Me: 39 DH: 36
TTC #1 since Feb 2004
AMH level 7.7
Endo & Fibroid removed Sept 09

Monday, April 28th 2008, 8:20pm

Can I just say......... 741!!!!!!!!!!! 741 !!!!!!!!!!!!! 741!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and did I mention 72 hours after first hcg of 179 the answer was 741!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Nurse said, 'have we managed to convince you you are ok now?' he he he

Went in to work and did nothing but sit around chatting all afternoon then came home and rode my horse and told her all about it. Am exhausted now as we went for b.t at 8.30 and they didn't ring with the results til 1pm so we walked round town for hours trying to distract ourselves.

Hope everyone is feeling as happy as I am tonight. Hope we all continue to feel this well for the duration.

Love everyone today - even smiled at the man who wanted to run me over...

mayo

Star

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 12:00am

Brilliant news!
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 3:06am

Thank you. This is SUCH an emotional minefield of a journey isn't it. 3am now and woke up feeling sick and now have quite strong af type pains. Need to read a thread about this being normal now too.

mayo

Star

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 9:46am

Hi,

I definately remember having a lot of cramping, bloating and wind unfortunately...sorry probably didn't want to know that!.... between w4 -w8 with baby #2 . I remember so well as it terrified me at the time; thought period was coming at any minute.....I am desperately trying to remember if I had the same thing with #1 (1st pregnancy was problem free so probably why I don't remember much about my symptoms...other than that my boobs got huge!). I haven't had any cramping this time, not terribly nauseous, boobs ever so slightly bigger....so I am of course worrying about my lack of symptoms this time....there is always something to make us worry isn't there?!
I would always check in with my GP/midwife/EPU if I was worried.....but cramping is definately something that can and does happen in early pregnancy and be perfectly normal.
(ps....I found the lemon and ginger tea I was drinking for my nausea 2nd time also helped with the wind problem...in case that becomes a problem for you! I think the trapped wind was adding to the cramping I was feeling).
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

Saturday, May 3rd 2008, 12:12pm

Think it might be over?

Should be 5 weeks today but woke up in the middle of the night feeling 'empty'. Only very slightly sore boobs, no sickness, no nothing.

Feel completely normal. Had bloods a week ago doubling normally but a history of missed m/c means I am now convinced I am no longer pregnant. There is no worse feeling that being told at a scan your baby has died and yet I think this is all I have now.

Not bleeding but I think that is the progesterone - am on 8oomg.

Can't stop crying. OH convinced everything is OK as he saw me so upset before the bloods but that only makes it worse.

I should have symptoms, did feel sick on Thursday but nothing since then.

Hate myself for not being able to give him a baby. Truly think he is better off without me.

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, May 3rd 2008, 12:26pm

sweetheart, you have no reason to believe that anything has happened to your baby....my symptoms fluctuated when i was pg with H and i had hardly any m/s at all with spud...just the odd day. your bloods were doubling normally, you havent had any bleeding, the best thing you can try and do is relax and think positivly hun....can you ring your clinic/epu on monday and see what they think. if you are really still very stressed you could ask to pay privatly for a scan........but.....if you dont see a heart beat because it is still to early it will only make everything seem worse for you. :sadface:
i dont know what to say....this is for you hun :hugs:

listen to your dh, he has every faith in you.

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE