You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Monday, December 8th 2014, 4:20pm

Hi Zebra that's great news about baby no1 and sorry to hear about no2. I'll keep everything crossed that little one manages to catch up. Hopefully it'll be more good news for you on Friday.

Highlander I hope everything's going well and that you're still feeling ok.

Catkins, sweetie I'm thinking of you and sending lots of warm thoughts. X

Av and Maame how's everything with you both? Av have you found out when your follow up appointment is yet, I'm guessing you won't be too far behind me.

Cappercallie, welcome. I think most things have been suggested already. I don't have low reserves however my eggs don't mature properly. I was put on metformin for a while, along with cq10 and royal jelly. I was also on a herbal liquid from an acupuncturist which was similar to Angus castus and which I used for a bit after too. I think the recommendation was to use it in the lead up to trying but to stop the month of IVF, though it might be best to double check that. I've also been using acupuncture, reflexology and reiki. Good luck with everything. X

Hello to everyone else. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Zebra84

Reg: Jul 17th 2014

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 5:40pm

Hi all,

How are you doing Catkins, were you able to get a private scan booked? I hope your little bean is still growing. How have you been feeling?

Capercaillie have you had your first acupuncture appointment yet? Hope it goes well.

Smihel, av, highlander, maame, debbie and everyone else, hope you are all doing well?

Can't believe it's only 2 weeks til xmas. My office closes from xmas eve til the 5th Jan so looking forward to some time off and not having to get up at 6am!

Xx

Reg: Mar 5th 2014

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 8:43am

Hi ladies

Yes, scary how soon Xmas is! Really not organised this year at all. Holidays not as good as your zebra but with Xmas falling on a Thursday will get 4 days off in a row this year :)

had more spotting on Tuesday, had got really cold going home and was shivering til the car heaters kicked in so maybe that? Had a bit of a cough too, so maybe irritated cervix or something. decided to take day off yesterday and spotting stopped. Felt guilty as I prob could have done a little work but hadn't taken any home. But, slept till 2 and don't want to risk loosing wee bean so trying to justify it to myself. Ridiculous really, first "sick" day this year, I've used overtime for appointments etc all year!

Hpital moved appt back to 23rd so booked a private scan for sat to check everything still ok. Felt really sick last night. So not too worried, but you know what that voice in the back of your head is like!

How's everyone else?
IVF #1 April 2014 Cancelled - OHSS so freeze all cycle
FET #1 July 2014 BFN
FET#2 Oct, :BFP:

Reg: Feb 16th 2014

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 10:51am

Hello everyone,

I've taken a few days away from here to get to grips with what's happening. I started to have really bad cramps at the weekend and bled lightly for two days. Raigmore took me in for a scan on Tuesday - bean has only grown 1.5mm in 6 days and the heartbeat is slowing down. The consultant has told us to expect the worst, though we're being taken back for another scan next week to check. We're utterly heartbroken. We had so much doom and gloom for every stage of this process that to get to the BFP stage and for it all to be false hope, just seems especially cruel.

Zebra - wishing you lots of luck for your scan on Friday. You must have such mixed emotions at the moment. Fingers crossed for a growth spurt from no.2 x

Highlander - wishing you lots of luck for your scan on Saturday. Everything sounds fine, but I know it's hard to throw out all your worries. x

xxx
ICSI #1: BFP, heartbeat seen at 7 & 8 weeks, miscarriage at 9 + 6 weeks

Zebra84

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 6:03pm

Catkins, I have everything crossed for you that your little bean will have a growth spurt and become stronger. I can't imagine how you must be feeling but know that I'm thinking of you and sending you big hugs.

Highlander good luck for your scan on Saturday
Don't feel guilty about having a day off work if you're not feeling good, especially if it's the first time this year. You and your little bean are priority. I know what you mean about the voice in your head, I'm constantly worrying about everything!

Xx

Reg: Dec 5th 2014

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 7:33pm

So sorry to hear that Catkins, it must be devastating. I'm thinking of you, and hoping that your bean toughs it out. Huge hugs from me too. You deserve so much better :cuddle

Highlander - definitely let yourself get some kip if you need it! Massive good luck for your scan.

Zebra, I'm due to see Kathleen for the first time on Monday morning. We had a chat on the phone and she seemed lovely. I'm having horrible endo pains this evening in places I haven't felt it before, so I'm hoping the acupuncture will help calm that down as well as get me set for IVF. The suckiest thing about endo pain is that is actively reminds you of how infertile you are at the same time - ouch :thumbdown:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Capercaillie" (Dec 11th 2014, 7:35pm)

Friday, December 12th 2014, 7:58pm

Catkins, sending lots of hugs x x

Zebra, how did your second scan go? I've been keeping everything crossed for you. X

Highlander I hope the weather hasn't 'to been too bad for you, go careful out and about.

Hello to everyone else I hope you are all doing?

We have heaps of snow, and I finally got to build my first snowman! I was super excited! It's the little things in life!
X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Friday, December 12th 2014, 9:29pm

Oh catkins, I was really hoping your wee one would have a good spurt this week, will keep everything crossed for next week, it's not over yet Hun x

How'd you get on today zebra?

Hubby's full of man flu so cancelled scan, no way I'm driving through on my own in the snow & ice, which reminds me, really must get the car in for winter tyres... No more spitting and feeling really queezy so hopefully everything ok. Midwife phoned today to arrange first appt so feeling better now I'm in the system, was getting a bit concernedabout the silence. Trying the evil little bullets up the other door incase they're to blame for the spotting meantime, fine once they're in but eww, putting them in doesn't feel good at all!

Hehe, enjoy the snow smihel! We've been known to pinch the nephew/nieces sledges for a midnight session when no-ones watching! Hate the stuff when I'm trying to get to work though!

Hope session with Kathleen goes well capercaille. Know what you mean about double blow of pain and no BFP every month, had me in tears countless times over the years, lots of rest and heat x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Zebra84

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 11:56am

Capercaillie, I'm sure Kathleen will be able to help you and maybe recommend certain things to eat etc.

Sorry you had to cancel your scan highlander but best to be safe. Glad to hear spotting has stopped too. Can you book another scan?

My scan yesterday couldn't find a heartbeat for baby 2 and it had barely grown since last week so looks like it's gone. The bigger one should just push it out the way and my body will absorb it which sounds horrible but it shouldn't affect baby 1 and they said I might just have a bit of spotting. I was really upset at the scan. I'm obviously grateful to have even one, but feel sad that there was a second one that didn't make it. I just need to focus on the one I have and hope it will be ok.

No snow where I am but very cold and frosty.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and stay safe and warm.

Xx

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 12:06pm

Oh Zebra I'm sorry about baby no 2, that really sucks. You must be having such mixed emotions. That's great news about baby no 1, and as you say just focus on that little one doing well. No 2 was obviously having issues and even though it's hard, it's best to happen now and not later on. Keep positive and look after yourself. Do you get another scan soon? Thinking of you. X x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 4:49pm

Zebra, really sorry to read about the news from your scan. You must be a whole bundle of emotions right now. I am thinking of you and sending you big hugs xxx

Zebra84

Sunday, December 14th 2014, 8:22pm

Thanks girls. Feeling more positive now, and you're right Smihel, better it happened now rather than later. I won't have another scan til my 12 week one in january, unless I have any bleeding, in which case I have to phone the hospital and they'll take me in for a scan. So now just the anxious wait til I reach the 12 week stage. Glad to have Christmas as a distraction.

How is everyone else doing?

Xx

Monday, December 15th 2014, 8:49am

Hi zebra, glad to hear you're coping with news and that #1 is doing well. that's good news, in a roundabout way, that they don't want to see you again till 12w scan, they must be confident everything's going to go well x

Hubby was feeling a little better on Saturday afternoon so made it through to Inverness for the dinner I organised months ago. Everyone else went on to gig and I went back to hotel for an early night! No scan, haur appt or xmas shopping but still shattered today! So glad I've got late start this morning :)

Hi to everyone else x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Zebra84

Thursday, December 18th 2014, 6:11am

Morning all, just a quick post to say hi and hope everyone is well.

Not much to report here, just counting down the days til the holidays.

Xx

Friday, December 19th 2014, 7:54am

Hi catkins, thinking of you today Hun x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Saturday, December 20th 2014, 11:38am

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Highander - lots of good wishes for your scan next week. x

Zebra - thinking of you x

My scan yesterday confirmed that my bean's heartbeat has stopped (I was pretty sure this happened a few days ago). I have opted for medical management as the idea of more indefinite waiting is too much, but still have to wait until Tuesday until the ward has space. As bad as the last few weeks have been, I know that next week is going to be so much worse. Raigmore also managed to make an awful day so much worse by keeping us there from 11.30 until 5, with very little compassion or understanding for what is is like to go through this following IVF. So I will have to complain to try to make sure that someone else doesn't have to go through that.

I'm going to take a break from here for a while, to focus on getting through this, and then try to enjoy sometime with DF before we decide on our next move. This forum has kept me sane over the past few months and i wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for all of your support and advice. Wishing you all the very best of luck on your journeys.

:xxx3:

Zebra84

Saturday, December 20th 2014, 7:57pm

Catkins I'm so sorry. Nothing I can say will make you feel better but thinking about you and sending you lots of hugs. Taking some time out sounds like a good plan, ivf is so draining, you need to take some time away from it sometimes.

Be kind to yourself and take care.

xx

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 8:51am

Oh catkins, just to let you know we're all thinking of you. Hope you get some time to yourselves over the holidays and 2015 is kinder to you x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:23pm

Catkins, sending huge hugs and thinking of you. Take care of yoursrlf and DF I hope you manage to have so quiet time together over the next few weeks. X x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:24pm

Catkins, sending huge hugs and thinking of you. Take care of yourself and DF I hope you manage to have some quiet time together over the next few weeks. X x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

av13

Ace

Reg: Aug 12th 2013

Monday, December 22nd 2014, 7:57pm

Oh no catkins im sooo sorry, thinking of you and sending you hugs xxx

Zebra84

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 12:43pm

Merry Christmas everyone xx

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 4:54pm

Happy Christmas everyone xmas63 xmas68

I hope you all manage to have a lovely day.

Zebra I hope you're doing ok. Have been thinking of you. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Friday, December 26th 2014, 3:44pm

Hi ladies, belated Christmas wishes! How's everyone doing? Had a lovely day ourselves despite being full if the cold and pulling wardrobe apart to find something to wear (keeping it quiet till the bellls, if all goes well till then)
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Zebra84

Saturday, December 27th 2014, 4:38pm

Hi all, I'm doing fine, thanks Smihel. How are you doing? Hope everyone is having a good festive season.

Highlander, hope you feel better soon and have fun sharing your news. I plan to tell my brother on hogmanay and the rest of my family and friends after my scan on the 6th, all going well.

Going out for dinner tonight with the in laws but would rather stay in with my cosy pj's on!

How is everyone?

Xx

MissyMac

Reg: Dec 30th 2014

Children: None

Tuesday, December 30th 2014, 9:53pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to this site, but so glad I have found it! I'm 37 and have been TTC for about 3 years now.

I have just been referred to Aberdeen for IVF, just finished round 9 of Clomid, all unsuccessful. Does anyone know how long the wait is to get seen there?

If there's anyone else on this journey I would love to chat!

MissyMac

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 2:33pm

Hi missy, it was 6-9 months when we were referred in 2013 but I think they update the waiting times in their website. I'm not on here so much now but site was a godsend during treatment and 2WWs, wishing you all the best for your cycle x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 2:34pm

Ps happy new year everyone! Sorry, baby brain :rollseyes:
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 7:23pm

Hi missymac our waiting time was also around 6-9mths.

As highlander said this site is a lifesaver during treatment I may be doing round 4 of ICSI this year so will keep a look out for you on here. Good luck with everything. X

Happy new year to everyone else x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 8:41am

Coming off progesterone FET

Hi ladies, anyone done FET remember what the process is for coming off the bullets? Think clinic said taper off end of twelfth week / week 12 but not sure if that means the week ending on the day you turn 12 weeks, or you wait another week after that. What's the best plan for tapering off? Was thinking cut the morning one in half for a couple of days, then evening, then cut out morning altogether, then nothing by the end of week or so. Does that sound about right?

Can't get through to clinic and bit scared it'll start a bleed if I come off too soon so took a whole one this morning. Know taking them too long carries risks though....

Still on estrogen tablets too, was 3 a day, but cut to 2 as of yesterday, plan to wait a few days before cutting to one but any advice appreciated x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Egood

Reg: Jan 2nd 2015

Children: One boy, 02/11/11

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 4:29pm

Another newbie

hello everyone,

I have been reading this thread for a few weeks now....finally got the courage to write today!
Starting our first ivf cycle thismonth....antagonist protocol. All this jargon is still new to me so excuse me for any mistakes.
I am starting on norethisterone on sunday, nice one just before going back to work....
I am quite scared oft the whole process, how will I react to the pills and injections, will it be painful during the egg retrieval....I guess all the questions of a newbie! I know everyone is different so I guess I will have to just wait and experience for myself!

My Fsh test this time was not as great as last year. Amazing what turning 35 can do to you!
We are self funded. Was very painful to write the cheque but hopefully it will be worth it.
We have been ttc this time for over two years!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself as I am sure I will need support through the next couple of months!

I wish everyone a happy new year and that everyone s dreams can come true in 2015!

Zebra84

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 6:18pm

Happy new year to all my FZ friends. Hope you have all had a lovely festive season.

Welcome to the newbies, any questions just ask and I'm sure one of us will be able to answer. This is a great site for information and support.

I'm sure some of you are starting treatment this month again so good luck, I have my fingers crossed for all of you.

Highlander, mine wasn't an FET so I'm not sure sorry. I do know different clinics give different time lines for how long to take pessaries so it's really confusing. They told me to stop at 8 weeks but because of my medical condition and since I had extra ones I've taken them for longer but cut down to one a day and now just one every second day. I'm just about out so hoping everything will be ok when I stop.

Got my 12 week scan on Tuesday so hoping everything will be fine then I can finally share my secret with friends and family.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Xx

Reg: Aug 4th 2013

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 6:54pm

Hi everyone! Egood I'm just a week ahead of you I started Norethisterone last Sunday. I'm feeling very apprehensive about the whole thing as I just know know what to expect.

Egood

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 7:57pm

Hi EmmaJane,
How has the week on the pill been?
Any side effect?
I am also quite scared of the whole thing....had a meltdown last night as I am getting really stressed, stupid as it is for a good cause, just dont know what to expect really. Also dreading having to go to work and being a witch because of the meds!

I have just emailed Kathleen powderley for some acupuncture appointments, need to get this stress under control!

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 8:32pm

Egood, this week has been fine - no side effects. Trying to keep busy by starting to get organised for work this week. I'm a teacher so I won't be able to take holidays during my cycle which I would of preferred. I'm also worried about how i'll react to the meds but I think there are more side effects when you start the injections. Feeling bad for all the kids in my class who will have to deal with my crazy moods swings!

av13

Ace

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 10:05pm

Hi ladies,
Hope you all had a nice christmas. Welcome to the newbies :hi: I hope you find this forum as helpful as I did during my treatments, feel free to ask anything.
I finally have my follow up appointment next week and have got a copy of all my notes from the clinic from the last 3 cycles. Was an interesting read!!
Hope you are all well and that 2015 is a good year for us all
xXx

Reg: Oct 24th 2013

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 10:43am

Happy new year to you all ladies and welcome to the forum Egood, missy mac and Emmajane.
Egood I think the meds are not as bad as we think. I was more scared than you on my first cycle but I was very surprised how tame they were, don't get me wrong you get the mood swings, bloats, flushes and dizziness but I was expecting 10x worse. Plus like you mentioned, our bodies react different to them so you never know. But don't go stressing yourself too much because it's bearable side effects.

Catkins I read your post over and over again and just coldnt find the strength to write anything to u cos I can't imagine what u going through. Hope you feeling better by the day. Terribly sorry to hear your news. I hope you find the strength to get over this horrible experience we have to go through.

Zebra so good to know you doing ok.good luck with your scan on Tuesday. How r u feeling now? Do u feel u r past panic zone?? Everything crossed you sail through the next months with no worries.

Highlander how are you doing Hun?? Are you bumping along nicely?? Exciting isn't it? Sorry I can't help you with coming off the meds. As you know, I didn't get to that stage in my FET.

Smihel are ae gona cycle together again?

Hello to all others on here.

AFM my December AF was a late one so that's gona push my January one further which means I'll have a late January, posibly February FET. We are in a dilemma though cos DH will be away so we don't know if we should go ahead with the cycle or wait till he comes home. Does anyone know if Aberdeen will go ahead with a cycle if partner is away? Also we haven't told people so it's hard deciding who to tell because I'm guessing I'll need someone to come in with me,
Decisions decisions.
Lastly, how long does a session with Kathleen Powderly last, I've got my first appointment on Monday.

Hopefully the new year will bring us all some good news
Sept2015FET BFP mc 7 wk :tears: :tears:
Feb2015FET BFP ECTOPIC :angry: :angry:
Jul 2015FET BFP baby girl

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 1:06pm

Hi ladies, and welcome to the newbies :bye:

As Maame says, the drugs aren't as bad as you imagine, I had plenty tears and tantrums at home but kept them under control at work 99% of the time. my biggest advice is try not to get too stressed, we couldn't do fresh cycle but I was so panicky about every aspect of first FET, trying to do everything to make it work (it didn't). I then took up yoga and Pilates, cut back overtime, went for walks at lunch etc and was generally a lot more chilled for next try (still a bit neurotic, but chilled by normal standards!) currently 12w after 2nd FET!

Maame - I think hubby's just there for morale support in FET, dont recall anything to say he had to be there. No drugs or anything so public transport fine afterwards, but nice to have someone with you. Do you have any discreet friends you could confide in? Even now, we've only told 2 friends, 1 boss and 1 brother about the IVF - the ones we trust to keep it to themselves, the rest wouldn't understand. My first appt with Kathleen was about an hour but it was just chatting, taking history etc as I was getting acupuncture 2x next day and she didn't want to do too much, my first appt with usual lady was just over 1.5 hours. Have everything crossed wee one sticks next time Hun x

Best of luck to you too av - hope follow up goes well and they work out what to tweak x

Hope scan shows everything ok next week zebra and you get to share news at last, we made it to 2015 (just!) and everyone was delighted, mum burst into tears and set us all off! Not had appointment in yet for 12w scan but raigmore not the most organised, will chase up next week. Had one before Christmas so happy to wait a wee while anyway although Midwife recommended the nt check and I know there's only a small window to do it.

Hope you're recovering, both physically and mentally, catkins and that 2015 brings better news x

Likewise to smihel, all the best for your follow up and fingers crossed #4 brings your little miracle x

Afm, got ANOTHER cold starting...4th or 5th in a row :angry: constantly exhausted and feeling more nauseous now than I did at 6-9 weeks, thought it was supposed to get better now ?o( (Cheese keeps the sickness at bay though, dread to imagine what my cholesterol levels are like! ) frizzy hair, bloated and more spots than a teenager, BUT delighted nonetheless - know it's all a small price to pay! Just praying wee one keeps growing and we get to meet him/ her in the summer x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Reg: May 16th 2014

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 11:50am

Back from being AWOL

Hi everyone!
I haven't been on the forum for ages and not since my failed FET. I needed to switch off from it all......I was understandably upset when my FET didn't work but it's actually been worse when all my friends and family members have seem to become pregnant over the last few months!!
I have enjoyed looking back on all the forum posts since I was MIA and it's fanastic to see some good news stories and especially from some of my old cycle buddies!
Highlander you must be over the moon!! So happy for you. It's crazy to think that I was only a couple of weeks behind you with my first FET and now I haven't even started my 2nd and you are so far on! I am really looking forward to the day when I can give people some really good news too!!
Zebra- hope the scan goes well for you and that it is a wonderful 2015 for you!
Catkins and av, I was really hoping that there would be some happy news for you both after all you have been through. My thoughts are with you and send you lots of love and best wishes for a happier 2015.
My journey has been a very rocky one for the last couple of months now. After my failed FET in August it took until December for my next appointment with the hospital which felt like ages and was a lot longer than I expected. I also turned 37 at the end of the year and lots of well meaning people started telling me that now I was 'getting on a bit' I had better start thinking about having a family!! If only they knew!! One of these days I am going to lose my rag at someone ;(
At the hospital, they straight away offered an endometrial scratch and 2 blasts (out of my remaining 3) to go back in which was everything that we wanted. So was waiting for Jan period to get an endometrial scratch and then get going in February with another FET. Due to the expected dates of my end Dec/Jan period I was hoping that it would be slightly late in order to get the scratch 14th Jan and not the 7th Jan as I am currently relaxing in Lanzarote and won't be back until the 8th.....and yes it's lovely and sunny here and I am not missing cold, wet Aberdeen at all!! If my period was on time then it would all be pushed back a month after my Feb period and I have been waiting too long as it is!
I was really chuffed when my period looked like being a few days late as it's never late but then it just hasn't come. 4 negative pregnancy tests, 2 weeks down the line and still no bleeding. In 20 years of having periods I am never even a day late. Even after my miscarriages my cycle went back to normal straight away. Has anyone else had this? I was using ovulation tests last cycle and I don't think I had a surge so feel that I actually didn't release an egg this month. Timing for this to happen for the very first time in my life is rubbish!! I am planning on phoning the clinic tomorrow to ask their advice.
Maame- if I ever get anther period (!!!) then we should be quite close to each other again. Fingers crossed we both have lots of luck this time. With my last FET it was touch and go if my hubby would be there due to an offshore trip but it wasn't an issue with the clinic whatever happened once he signed the initial consent forms xx
To all the newbies...hi!! :hello: I wish you all, all the best for your upcoming cycles. Apologies, I can't see many previous messages/posts when writing on my iPad so can't reply to your messages individually. I really didn't find any real traumas with the injections or with the FET meds. I didn't have any mood swings (although hubby may say otherwise!) and my IBS was a bit dodgy for a while but that can happen often anyway! I went to acupuncture too and found it useful but I think the best thing I tried was a hypnotherapy CD which had a CD for all the stages of your IVF journey. I think it comprises of 3-CDs but don't think I needed the 3rd as unfortunately I didn't get that far! When I get back from hols I will post the title if anyone is interested. I got it on Amazon.
It's lovely to be speaking to you all again! I wish everyone all the best for a happy and successful 2015.... Go Aberdeen!!
Xxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Positivethoughts" (Jan 4th 2015, 11:51am)

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 2:28pm

Oh positive thoughts, lovely to hear from you - I thought of you often going through last cycle x so glad you're feeling stronger and ready to try again, hopefully af will turn up soon - perhaps they can give give you something to bring it on? Enjoy your hols meantime! Family & friends can be so insensitive at times - my MIL was terrible for tick tick comments until her own daughter was told she couldn't have kids (that said, she defied all odds and had her little miracle 4 years ago - proof we should never give up!) and EVERYONE seemed to be expecting - even my 16 yo nephew had a one night stand and got the girl pregnant...

Got everything crossed for you x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Reg: Oct 24th 2013

Monday, January 5th 2015, 6:49pm

Welcome back positive thoughts. Good to have you back. Of course it's understandable you needed some time out after your failed cycle. I always wondered how you were. You seem to be in a much better place. Well sunshine in lanzarote over aberdoom any day.
People can be so insensitive when asking about why we haven't had kids as if we are refusing to have kids on purpose. I know I shouldn't but I've been rude to some nosy clients in the past who think it's their place to lecture me about having children. I understand what u mean by everybody around you suddenly being pregnant. I had a rant about it in one of my old posts after my BFN. This is what makes this forum so brilliant. People actually know and feel what you going through.

How's it going highlander?? Funny your 16 year old nephew expecting after a one night stand. People who fall pregnant easily have no idea how lucky they are.

I've just been to see Kathleen Powderly the accupuncturist. What a lovely woman she is. She did mention the Zita west book so im gona try get it. Unfortunately she recommended someone else nearer my area cos I won't be able to get to her when hubby is away. Well I could do taxis but if u in the Aberdeen area, you'll know getting a taxi from bridge of don to manorfield is not cheap plus bad traffic. Anyone knows about the accupuncturist shiela Harper??? I'll give her a ring to see if I'll use her.

Gingerbean how are you and the twinnies??? You've been MIA for sometime now. Hope the 3 of you are ok.

Smihel you've been quiet as well how r u doing?

AV how are you coping? Is it this week you have your follow up or next week? I'm looking for more cycle buddies so let's know when u gona be going again. Can I ask, did u request for your notes or was it just sent to u from the clinic??

Evening to all others
Sept2015FET BFP mc 7 wk :tears: :tears:
Feb2015FET BFP ECTOPIC :angry: :angry:
Jul 2015FET BFP baby girl

Egood

Monday, January 5th 2015, 8:23pm

Another monday!

evening ladies!

So thats it, I have officialy started this cycle by starting the norethisterone pills yesterday. So far so good, no side effects, maybe just bloating...
Sorry I am still getting to know everyone here so I wont go in to individual questions...
Maame, I have my appt with Kathleen on Thursday. I guess no needles the first appointment? I hope your new acupuncturist (???) is good as well

Today in the office we heard from a colleague who has just given birth. Then people started to joke around about who will be next etc...and of course all eyes were on me. I must have been so red, i just kept staring at my screen!

I have ordered a meditation cd last night, hoping to will help me to relax a bit about the whole process. Cant wait to get it.

Well good luck to everyone, thanks again for all your replies to my questions!

Monday, January 5th 2015, 10:11pm

Hi everyone, hope that you all had a good Monday.

I'm due to stop taking Norethisterone on Sunday but does that mean I take it on Sunday too?

Just wondering how many days after your EC did you have ET?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 6th 2015, 8:51am

Hi Emma, I remember phoning my clinic to ask the same thing! I'm fairly sure you take the Sunday dose then stop- my bleed didn't start till the day before scan but first 24 hours was worst, the scan itself wasn't too uncomfortable.

As for 3/5 day transfer, it will depend how many eggs fertilise/ how well the embryos are doing - with me, they phoned on day one to say how many fertilised, then phoned on day 3 to say a good number had survived, I would have had day 5 transfer but had to have a freeze all cycle then do a frozen embryo transfer (FET) 3 months later when ovaries had calmed down. It's hard to predict how you'll respond, how the embryos will develop etc so it's a waiting game I'm afraid. Even your EC date can change - some women need more stimulation drugs/need to take them for longer, or you might end up having collection on the day they scheduled your day11 scan like me! In short, don't make any other plans around that week unless they can be changed at the last minute!

All the best x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Reg: May 16th 2014

Tuesday, January 6th 2015, 11:48am

Woohoo!! Never been so pleased to see my period finally arrive. Although it's a period from hell and its 2 weeks late it means I can get a transfer in feb rather than March now. It must've been writing on this message board again that stimulated my body into action!! ;)
Endometrial scratch booked for 14th Jan so if all going well I will be PUPO around the 20th Feb....Maame is that similar to your timescales?

Emma- my first egg collection was a freeze all too just like Highlander and I can really echo the advice about keeping as flexible as possible around collection date as mine was nearly a week later than originally expected.

Maame- would be good to know how you get on with Sheila. Is she in BOD? The acupuncturist I used last time is now very pregnant so I would prefer to try someone else considering the circumstances!

Hello to everyone else xxx

Tuesday, January 6th 2015, 6:01pm

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I'm writing this on my phone so excuse any typos and if I get names etc muddled as I can't look back at previous post!

Emmajane and egood, how are you both doing on the norethisterone? I found I was ok to start but felt a bit rubbish towards the end as I ended up being on it longer than planned.
Emmajane, I had exactly the same question. Yes you do take it on the day you finish, I think you said Sunday. My AF took a few few days to arrive and started the day before my baseline scan. I was really worried about having a scan whilst bleeding but it was ok. My only advice would be to take a pack of wet wipes and some spare undies/ pads just in case. Sorry if tmi! As highland said the day of ET depends on how your embies are doing but it's usually day 3 or 5. As positivethoughts and highlander have said you need to keep dates free and be really flexible around EC and ET as it can all change.
Good luck to you both and keep us posted. Plus don't worry about asking questions even if they seem silly, I found this site a sanity saver with my last round! X

Maame, positive thoughts and Av how are you all going? Do you have dates for starting treatment yet? Sorry if you've already said! How are you feeling about your next rounds?

Av have you had your follow up yet? I hope it all goes ok if not x

Catkins how are you? Thinking of you x

Highlander and Zebra, how are you and your little ones doing? Have you had anymore scans yet and told family and friends? Thinking of you both. X

AFM I had my follow up today. I have to say I did tones of research and went prepared with lots of printed info and Q's as I was expecting a bit of a battle but was pleasantly surprised! I had a new consultant who has recently started ( I can't remember her name) and she was lovely, though most of them are. I had totally convinced myself we were going to get bad news. Even though our last round wasn't great regarding quality of eggs, sperm and embies it was a slight improvement on our last two rounds which was really good. They are happy for us to go ahead for another round ( woohoo) and are changing my protocol to the long one and with slightly different drugs, though more injections but fingers crossed I should be well practised by now!! We were offered to start with my next AF but I've delayed it till march to give me and DH time to get fit and healthy again. I am still so tired and slightly emotional after the last round. Plus it means I won't have to worry about the snow so much as I won't be due EC and ET till April. It feels like ages away but I know it'll be here before I know it plus I think the time to get ready physically and emotionally will do me good, and hopefully I won't be needing to carry so much wood and coal, he he! Surprisingly I'm feeling so excited about no 4 so I'm taking that as a good sign, I was so nervous and stressed with my last one with using a new clinic and all the travelling, but now I know my way around and how everything works I'm feeling nice and relaxed about this one. Fingers crossed that's a good sign! smile2 xfingers
I do have a couple of questions, yes even after 3 rounds I'm still confused/ unsure about something's!! [zx037]

Firstly endo scratch? I have been offered one if I want but they( Aberdeen) don't seem that keen on it. Apparently there is no evidence to show it actually makes a difference and they said looking back over there records there's been no increase in BFP's with the overall no of women who have had it. It really felt like they were trying to put me off. I have said no for now but can change my mind over the next week or so if I want to. I've had a look on good old doctor google but am now so confused as there seem to be lots of good results but also some people who have had bad reactions/ infections too. Does anyone have any experience or advice?

Secondly was castor oil packs? Have heard a little bit about this this but am struggling to find proper info. Does anyone know what/ how you use/do them and what they actually do?! And has anyone used them? Highlander am I right in thinking you did?

Thirdly, did/ has anyone used the embryoscope after EC for their embie development? Hubby is really keen on it and the info I've found all seems really positive, but again the consultant/nurse didn't seem that keen and seemed surprised we are interested in using it next time. Just after your thoughts if you have any.

Fourthly, does anyone have any advice or tips for improving, egg and embryo quality( if that's possible!) plus for improving/ helping with implantation?

Lastly, those of you who have used Kathleen ( acupuncture) in Aberdeen, can I used her just on and off when I have hospital appointments and see someone else back at home on other times, as it's a bit too long a drive to see her on a regular basis. Again any thoughts/ advice is much appreciated.

Highlander do you mind me asking what you did/ how you managed?

I think that's it for now, sorry for the very long post!

I hope everyone has a good week and apologies if I've missed anyone out. There are so many of us now! :xxx:
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Tuesday, January 6th 2015, 6:55pm

Thanks so much for all of your help ladies.

av13

Ace

Tuesday, January 6th 2015, 7:53pm

Maame- i requested a copy of my notes from last 3 cycles. Im considering changing clinics so thought it would be a good thing to have. They sent lab notes too which was quite interesting. They charge £50 for them though. One of the things it says is that there was quite a lot of blood on catheter after transfer. Do you think this is important? Nothing was ever said about this to me but thinking it must mean something if its in my notes?!

Smihel- thats strange they werent that enthusiastic about the endoscratch. I've had it the past two cycles and the doctor doing it said the results so far have been really promising for people who have had it. I found it painful and obviously it didnt work for us but would do it again given the evidence I have read about it. What I find strange is that from what I have read the day they do the scratch makes a big difference and it should be done after ovulation (think around day 21 but dont quote me) whereas aberdeen arent that picky about when they do it. I think I had mine on day 12 of my cycle. They only do them on Wednesdays.
I saw kathleen powderley too but only had a couple of sessions to fit in with my appts in aberdeen. Shes very flexible and will fit in with you although I suppose you will get better results the longer you see her. She came to the hospital with me for embryo transfer and did a session directly before and directly after in the day ward. Was quite nice as i got to lie down for half an hour after transfer as opposed to getting rushed out. She even gave me a lift back to where I was staying afterwards.
No idea about embryoscope but sounds interesting, would be good to hear others thoughts/experiences. I didnt even know aberdeen did it.

Emma-yes im pretty sure I was told to take it on sunday too. Both times iv done short protocol my period never came before baseline scan. I have always had day 3 transfers.

Hi to everyone else
xXx

Tuesday, January 6th 2015, 9:16pm

Av, how interesting. Aberdeen do seem to be inconsistent with their info!
We were offered the embryoscope with our last round but I misunderstood about when I had to send the consent form in and it was too late by the time I did. There is a strong chance I have got the name wrong! It's what they can use in the lab to monitor the fertilised egg whilst it develops into the embryo without having to disturb it, if that makes sense! I thought it was something they offered to everyone! I think I'll investigate the endoscratch a bit further. Thanks for the info. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Zebra84

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 7:34am

Wow, loads going on here, I will try and read back as much as I can.

In regards to the Endo scratch - I think it depends on the consultant you see. Dr Hamilton offered it to me on my second cycle, which was a FET (it didn't thaw out properly unfortunatel,y but we still went ahead but it was a BFN). But the Consultant I saw for my third cycle didn't mention it. I think if you're going to look back and regret not having it, it's worth going for it, it's only a little bit of pain.

the Embryoscope - we were offered that on my last cycle but at that time they said they were just trialling it and it was free of charge so we went for it.

I'v never taken norethisterone so can't advise on that I'm afraid.

I think Kathleen is pretty flexible so will likely be fine with you having apps when you can.

I took co-enzyme Q10 as I read that helped egg quality. I think I started it a week or so before I started stimming and stopped after EC. I've read royal jelly is good too although I never took it. I would advise lots of sofa time after ET if possible, especially for the first few days til implantation stage. I also started taking pregnacare conception about a month before I started stimming (before then I was just taking folic acid with Vit D).

Glad to hear so many of you are on the road to starting again, I really hope this will be a successful round for you all.

AFM, I had my 12 week scan yesterday and it was amazing! It kept on moving and wriggling, and waving and kicking. I hope it is something you all get to experience very soon.

At work, so can't write much more but good luck to everyone, looking forward to hearing how you all progress.

Take care

xx

37 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

37 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE