You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 14th 2014

Friday, February 14th 2014, 9:07pm

Hi Andrea, thank you for replying so quickly! I was a bit unsure of joining as never done anything like this before but it really does look like a great forum.

My husband and I started getting investigations done in 2012 as we had struggled to conceive. The investigations found my hubby to have very low sperm count & poor motility. He was given an appointment in early 2013 for a sperm retrieval operation but we ended up putting the operation on hold due to personal reasons. We contacted the clinic end of last year & got a new appointment for end of this month.

We are both worried about what the outcome of the operation will be but trying to be positive. I just feel completely lost in this whole process - as don't know what will happen next & how long it will take to start IVF/ICSI

Any advice greatly received xxx

Friday, February 14th 2014, 9:13pm

Thanks BabyandDust! I see that you are now Pregnant - big congratulations! It really gives all of us hope that the Fertility treatments are successful xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Friday, February 14th 2014, 9:42pm

wishin you & DH lots of lunch for his operation

I'm not sure how long it will be from operation to starting. maybe have a nose on here & see if you can find more information

this site is wonderful & everyone so friendly Xxx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, February 14th 2014, 10:09pm

BabyKisses i sent you a private message xx

Reg: Mar 18th 2012

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 9:40am

Welcome baby kisses

Xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 9:54am

OMG i just noticed i wrote "lunch" instead of "luck" ooops! :snigger:

Reg: Oct 25th 2012

Children: Little girl via IVF at Aberdeen.

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 3:10pm

welcome babykisses

How is everyone doing?

chocolate - hope the 2ww flies by for you. Ive heard of lots of women being signed off so it shouldn't be a problem. Most GPs are kind enough to write something very vague so work doesn't find out why.

bumblebee - some people can be very intrusive and just to conclusions. Glad to see you handled it well! Im sure if you hadn't paid the clinic would have been chasing you by now!!!

us - slowly plodding along, looking for some recipes that have lots of goodness but preferably no/very little smell, still struggling to deal with food and getting into trouble for not putting on weight. Maybe some of you wonderful ladies could suggest something?! If I eat any more macaroni cheese I might go slightly crazy!!! ::P

xxx
TTC 2007

1st IVF June/July 2013 cancelled

2nd IVF Sept/Oct/November 2013 - :BFP:

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 3:58pm

Tazza sorry to hear you are still struggling with the nausea....hope it eases soon...i found ginger nuts biscuits were a godsend...have you spoken to anyone about it to see if they can offer advice?

Im off to look out paperwork to see what I've paid for...its bugging me now, xx

Reg: Oct 25th 2012

Children: Little girl via IVF at Aberdeen.

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 5:19pm

I hope so too. Almost 17wks now. Ive spoken to GP/midwife/dietician and the nurses who have been looking after me every time I get hospitalised with dehydration from the hyperemesis. They all kept saying 12wks would see everything alright now they keep saying it will ease soon and just to take it easy and eat anything and everything I want! Every time they say that I cant help but giggle as they are usually moaning me being overweight!

Just looking for anything different to try and eat.

Hopefully you have found all your paperwork and its helped to ease your mind knowing its all paid! xxx
TTC 2007

1st IVF June/July 2013 cancelled

2nd IVF Sept/Oct/November 2013 - :BFP:

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 7:19pm

Thanks Tazza. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Very glad I joined this forum as everyone has been so friendly & kind. In a way Im looking forward for once being able to be completely honest with how I'm feeling as this process is one hell of a roller coaster! I have only managed to tell one of my best friends as I just find it too difficult to speak about it, not even my parents know yet :-(

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 7:43pm

Does anyone know the rules after ET, I know I shouldn't be having hot baths. I had a hot water bottle this afternoon and had it on my stomach for a bit, wasn't piping hot but now worried I have ruined my chances!!!!!

:S

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 9:45pm

Im sorry i really cant remember the rules about it...I'm sure someone on here will tho...or maybe on another thread??

Last day of tablets tomorrow then wait for AF to arrive...any idea how long i will wait? Have scan on friday & not looking forward to the journey due to roadworks!

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 10:41pm

Thanks, I think my AF arrived day before my first scan. Are you travelling down and back in same day? X

av13

Ace

Reg: Aug 12th 2013

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 10:43pm

Bumblebee- I stopped the norethisterone on a sunday and my period came the thursday night, they went ahead and did baseline anyway on the wednesday, started stimms on the friday. Hope your journey isnt too horrendous

chocolate- if I remember correctly you're best to avoid hot water bottles too however I wouldnt worry about it, especially if it wasnt red hot, the clinic would have made a point of telling you not to use them if they thought it may ruin your chances.

Babykisses- welcome! Your right about everyone being so friendly, I dont know how I would have managed to get through my last cycle without the support from the girls on here. I havent told many people either although think we will be more open about it this time, will be more difficult to hide doing injections at work etc while i will be doing the long protocol. Im hoping people will be more understanding with me if the down regging sends me loopy if they know the reason why hehe

Tazza- so sorry to hear you're still not keeping great. 17 weeks, wow, thats gone quick- although im sure it doesnt feel it for you. Shame you cant make the most of being able to eat what you like, hope you find something you can enjoy soon

Rosiewoo- how you getting on? U still planning on testing early?

Babyanddust- MASSIVE congrats to you blowkiss

sweetpea- hope you're doing ok

Sorry if i've forgotten anyone

xxx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 10:43pm

Yeh unfortunately...roadworks at Kessick bridge meant to be bad. Think we are planning on leaving at 5am 8|

ROSIEWOO

Reg: Jan 1st 2013

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 3:35pm

Well after all my doom & gloom posts I can't quite believe that I'm writing to say I got a BFP this morning - and another this afternoon as I didn't quite believe the first lol. This is my first ever BFP, ever!! :D :D I think I'm still in shock actually. I was certain af was on the way & still feels like that actually, but I guess she won't be showing for a quite some time :) OTD is Tue so I guess I'll find out then when my 7 week scan will be - I pray all will be well. I guess the worrying doesn't stop!!

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 3:51pm

Rosiewoo thats fab news happydance :dancing: high5 :thumbsup2:
Delighted for you Xxx

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 6:32pm

Oh wow RosieWoo - what wonderful news - congratulations!!!

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 7:19pm

Congrats ROSIEWOO, were you fresh cycle or frozen?

Fab news xxx

Reg: Feb 16th 2014

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 7:50pm

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and wanted to say hello. I start IVF/ICSI in a few months and am pretty excited (and more than a little nervous) about finally starting on the journey. My fiance and I were convinced we would need a donor (we don't!) and that we would have to self-fund all our treatment (wrong again!), so, so far, so good :thumbsup:

It's been really great to read this forum for a bit of community spirit over the past few months. My friends and family have been so understanding but it's still a very lonely experience.Totally delighted to see so many positive results here recently and my heart goes out to everyone who hasn't been so lucky.

Babykisses: fully understand what you mean by being lost in the whole process. After an almost 2 year build up from GP to local hospital to fertility centre, my fiance finally had his SSR in December and things are moving much faster now.

Now that I know where I'm heading, I have a few questions. Does anyone have any tips for preparing your body/mind for IVF? I'm going to be on short protocol (I'm over 40). Any advice really appreciated.

love
Catkins 10 x
ICSI #1: BFP, heartbeat seen at 7 & 8 weeks, miscarriage at 9 + 6 weeks

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 8:24pm

Hi Catkins10 lovely to meet you..what great news that you don't need to fund treatment and that you didn't need a donor after all
With regards to your well being id say try and eliminate as much stress as you can...sometimes not possible. I also have read about weight/diet etc being important but i cant remember what foods etc are good/bad... I'm sure if you hunt around on here you will find out. Do you know exactly when you are starting? Xx

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 8:37pm

Hi catkins 10, welcome, my fiancée and myself were told we would need a donor and went through all the donor process to then be told we wouldn't need a donor!!!! We have just had our second go at icsi treatment and in the 2ww. Nothing can prepare you for this journey, you just have to take it one day at a time. We are all here to support each other and ask questions.

Good luck xx :)

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 9:02pm

Hi Catkins 10, welcome to the site, I'm also very new to this and just joined the other day. From what you mentioned above your story sounds quite similar to mine. My Husbands SR operation is on the 27th Feb - I really hope they manage to retrieve sperm to use in ICSI (all my fingers and toes crossed!). Would you be able to explain to me the process you both went through after the operation - this is where I feel lost as don't know what will happen next and I'm such an organised person, it's driving me crazy!! But you must be excited that things are moving for you having had a long process of appointments/ waiting!! X

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 10:45pm

Sorry ROSIEWOO just read back and saw you had fresh cycle.

Congrats again xx

Reg: Feb 16th 2014

Monday, February 17th 2014, 9:35am

Thank you for all the warm welcomes and advice. I am trying to eliminate stress at work, but not doing a very good job...

BabyKisses: My other half was admitted to hospital the day before his op. and we didn't have a clue what was going to happen unti he met the doc. Someone from Andrology will be present at the operation and will be able to tell you almost straight away if it's an obviously good result or not. If it's not, I think they take away the sample and study it at greater length for a couple of days, so it might not necessarily be bad news. But, either way, you should know where you stand within a couple of days. Fingers crossed for you both! Got to say the op. floored my fiance, who's not the type to get "man flu" or complain. He had 3 days bed rest, as moving was too sore, and it was at least 3 weeks before he was back to his normal self. We had a 2 month wait for our follow-up appointment - probably be shorter for you
without the Christmas holidays.
Catkins 10 x
ICSI #1: BFP, heartbeat seen at 7 & 8 weeks, miscarriage at 9 + 6 weeks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Catkins 10" (Feb 17th 2014, 9:40am)

Reg: Jan 8th 2014

Monday, February 17th 2014, 9:44am

@ catkins 10 you are so welcome on here... Ladies here are super supportive, and you can vent, rejoice, talk about anything and be rest assured that no one will judge you...

@ rosieeeeeeeeeeeeeee wow.. Yu must be shock! Massive congrats to you honey...enjoy the feeling cos you deserve it.

@ tazza, hope you are doing great. Jus checking up

To all our other ladies, hope you are doing great. Have a beautiful week head.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 1:01pm

Just back from docs, signed off for 2 weeks. Does anyone know are dates inclusive on sick note so I would return to work day after shown on sick note? So confused!!!!! :)

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, February 17th 2014, 1:21pm

It should say on it ?o(

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, February 17th 2014, 1:23pm

Sorry that sounded cheeky...i cant remember but i thought in was inclusive of dates xx

Monday, February 17th 2014, 5:52pm

Thank you, everyone I have asked telling me different answers, work have told me when to go back.

How is everyone?
Xx

Monday, February 17th 2014, 6:26pm

Catkins 10 - thank you so much for the info, even just knowing that has answered a lot of questions, I just hate not knowing what is going on! I really really hope we get a positive outcome from the SR. Hubby was born with undescended testicles which has been linked to his low/poor quality sperm count. It's really comforting to know you can help answer my questions since we are going through the same infertility process and the support for everyone on here is just lovely!

Chocolate100 - try and enjoy your 2 weeks off and ensure lots of relaxation! Lots of baby dust to you xx

Hope everyone else is getting on okay x

Reg: Jul 28th 2013

Children: Little boy Previous relationship

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 10:19pm

Hello everyone

Baby dust and rosiewoo MASSIVE congratulations to you both, I hope you are keep well xx

Tazza sorry to here you are still feeling yuck, hopefully it will pass. I still have times where I feel sick, I sip water a lot and that helps.hopefully you feel better soon.

Chocolate- I hope your 2ww isn't taking to long, got my fingers crossed for you. Try not to stress and plenty rest.

Bumblebee- good luck for your scan, I hope the traffic isn't to bad for you. Let us know how you got on.

Welcome babykisses and catkins, the girls on here are lovely and a massive help. I would have been lost someways with out coming on here for a chat and support for people who understood.

Sorry if I have missed anyone, lots to keep up with lol

Well as for us I'm keeping better, a few tummy cramps, sore back and hips but can't complain. Hopefully my antibodies in my blood carry on behaving. We had a scan on Sunday, baby is doing fantastic seems very comfy in there. Amazing to see baby in 4D.........It's a Boy! : D

Take care everyone xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 10:27pm

bab22 lovely news Sweetpea Xx

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 10:44pm

Aww thanks bumblebee xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

bumblebee38 (18.02.2014)

Reg: Feb 18th 2014

Children: 3 furbabies!

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 11:39pm

Hi everyone. Its my first time on here and a bit lost tbh! Ill introduce myself....We have been ttc for nearly 13 years and after some hiccups have finally got started on Ivf. I am going for my day 6 scan tomorrow in aberdeen and just wondered if anyone else was at a similar stage to us or are able to chat about things! We have not told our friends and family so feeling a bit isolated atm and im stressing big time about what is still to come!
Sorry for moaning lol looking forward to chatting with you guys. Xxx
1st IVF Feb/March 2014 :BFN:

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 8:08am

Hi holly, you are welcome on board, I'm with aberdeen royal infirmary too. Did not do Ivf but I'm sure you will do just fine. The ladies here are awesome, they have loads of information!!!!

They will be here shortly....

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 8:20am

Brilliant new Sweatpea. I'm still shocked at my BFP. I had a wee wobble yesterday (OTD) when the test line was realy feint. This put me in panic mode as my FR test on Sunday was so clear! Anyway to put my mind at ease I repeated the FR this morning & it's a nice dark line, phew. Now I'll relax a wee bit & await my scan on 6th March. I bet this is as bad as the 2WW!!

Welcome Holly & Baby Kisses if I've not said before :) x

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 10:06am

Congrats sweetpea, fantastic news.
Welcome hollykenzie, try not to stress, everyone here to support each other.

ROSIEWOO I am sure your time will pass quick for your scan.

I have decided not to test early like I did on my 1st cycle. I am trying to keep busy by going for walks and reading books. Hospital said that with frozen ivf twins isn't likely so I am praying at least one embryo sticks!!!!!!!

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 10:18am

:hi: hollykenzie....nice to see you here! There's also a cycle buddy chatter thread if you want to be there too

Chocolate - whens OTD? Good for you not testing early? Its hard to resist temptation

Hows everyone else?

I'm waiting on AF now but no sign? Will clinic still scan if it doesn't come? HELP!

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 11:01am

When is your scan bumblebee?

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 11:04am

Friday xx

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 11:21am

Rosie, so excited for you....

Bumblebee fingers crossed for you

Chocolate... Wow., I couldn't keep my hands of the testers, hope yu can...keeps us posted

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 11:33am

OTD is 28th for me.
Bumblebee my Af came day before scan, I am sure they will still scan, you have 2 days for AF to arrive, have you got any symptoms?
ROSIEWOO, is your scan at the ivf clinic, will they be able to tell if its twins? Is scan date about 7 weeks pregnant?

Babyanddust- don't want to test early this time , this is my 2nd shot so just trying to wait until OTD!!!! Had some cramps already and metallic taste, had this last time also. This 2ww is the worst part of treatment, think I would rather be jabbing myself in stomach with needles!!!! Roll on 28th!!!!

:)

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 1:23pm

bumblebee - my AF began the day before scan, so hopefully you'll be fine :)

Chocolate - You're getting there, hang on in :) I tested 2 days early but purely coz I didn't want to face a BFN on the Tue & then head off to work. My scan will be at 6w5d I believe & I imagine they would know then if it's twins. That would be scary lol. I'm still quite nervous about the whole thing - probably scared to be too happy just yet. I hope to feel better come scan time with all being well.

If it's any help with SS i was positive & i mean positive that af was on the way. The 2ww is the worst! I'm now in another 2ww & it isn't alot better for the worry factor I guess.

x

Reg: Feb 18th 2014

Children: 3 furbabies!

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 4:06pm

Good afternoon ladies! Massive congtatulations to those of you who have got your BFP. It gives me hope when i read this. Ive never had a positive test before so trying not to get my hopes up too much that this cycle will work but it is so hard not not! I am so happy when i see that others are getting pregnant through this miracle treatment. Wish lots of badydust to you all. Xx :)
1st IVF Feb/March 2014 :BFN:

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 4:46pm

I know what you mean holly. This is my first ever BFP too - I've done 5 now!! :D I've promised hubby that I'll stop now :) xx

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 6:52pm

Hi everyone - hope everyone is having a good day!

Welcome Hollykenzie - I'm also relatively new on here too but everyone is just lovely and easy to talk too!

RosieWoo - try and relax and enjoy this wonderful time as much as possible x

Chocolate100 - same to you just try and stay positive and keep busy to try and make the time go quicker! Have my fingers crossed for you,

Bumble bee - sorry but what is OTD and also have my fingers crossed.

I'm on count down now as this time next week my DH will be in hospital waiting for his SSR x

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 7:08pm

Official Test Date :)

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 10:04pm

Thank you everyone

Welcome hollykenzie- welcome you will find this site really helpful, it really helped me to talk to people who really did understand how I felt. Your so right what a truly miracle treatment it is and an amazing clinic, they do a fantastic job

Rosiewoo- I did like 8 tests over 5days lol. I had to phone the clinic 2days before OTD due to OHSS and admit to them I had already done 6 tests lol they said it's safe to say yes but test on OTD anyway. I felt testing gave me some control back. They will be able to tell you if there is one or two at your 7week scan. You can make out a head and body and can see the heartbeat. It's going to take a while to sink in, I still have days where I can't believe it and I'm over 18weeks. Stay relaxed as much as you can

Chocolate- 2WW feels so long, I felt the same I would have rather been dong injections than sitting waiting for 2weeks. I think doing injections feels like your doing something positive and when you stop you miss having something to do. But honestly just try to relax best you can, I felt everyday was AF day. They symptoms are the same for AF as early pregnancy so stay calm best you can. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Bumblebee- i hope AF comes not long till scan day, how you feeling?

Baby kisses- not long to go now how are you both feeling about it?

Xx

ROSIEWOO

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 8:41am

haha Sweet pea, 8 tests :D I thought 5 was bad in the space of 4 days. Did you find that the line on the hospital test was quite faint - I had really nice lines on a FR? I've promised DH I won't do any more but it would give me further reassurance to see the CB digi say 2-3 or 3+. I'll try to refrain ;) How has your 18 weeks been? I don't have any symptoms to speak of as yet, I just feel a dull ache, not so much like how it was last week when it felt like AF was on the way.

x

10 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

10 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE