You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 2:44pm

Oh so sorry to hear that hun, I had to lose a heap of weight too and if I keep going the way I'm going I'm not going to get treated either, have to get half stone off by 5th jan so I understand, so sorry to hear that x

Reg: Dec 14th 2009

Children: none

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 7:53pm

it was disapponting at 1st but has provided me with motivation to go to gym
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2nd ivf (icsi) Aug 2010 BFN :tears:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 8:00pm

hi

looloo - sorry things didnt go well at clinic. you have done so well but im sure you'll manage that last stone by february. im sure you'll get motivated to do it

dooey - yeah it is stressful but i would have more stress stayin down as DB hates staying away from home since he started offshore. men eh??? im sure the temptation to test early is one to fight. it must be so hard but im sure you can fight it and wait to your test day.

jane - glad the funeral went as you had hoped. seems you get on great with your in-laws. its nice you could support you MIL through this sad time

pamela - im glad you managed the drive ok. i hate not bein able to put fullbeam on. and i hate all the car lights one after the other. so the info night went well. i found it good them goin over everything step by step, despite knowing most of it already. yeah the gonal-f would be good as its a pen aint it? the mixing isnt too hard though

off tomorrow at lunchtime. we are staying at the huntly arms hotel which aint even in huntly :snigger: its in aboyne but it will be a different route down. change of scenery tho

take care everyone

:xxx:

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 8:28pm

Hey all,

How is everyone doing?

Andrea - good luck with EC, its good you have somewhere nearby to stay.

Looloo - sorry to hear that you need to loose more weight before tx, i know its so so hard but im sure you will do it, hey having a baby is the best reason ever but still bloody hard.

Pamela - glad the info night went well, it sounds so so exciting that you are finally getting started, does sound like there are quite a few couples, not sure what i expect to happen. I think i will get my info night in Inverness though so wont get a tour - Andrea did you get yours in the Ness?

Dooey - hoping the 2WW is going ok for you, i cannot even begin to imagine how it must be with the not knowing and urge to test but sure you will be ok, not long now :D

Its weird i went through a stage of being so so depressed about xmas cause that will be 4 yrs TTC to being excited as due our 'pack' in the new year - how weird the emotions go up and down ?(

Hope all is well - hows everyones xmas plans coming along?
looks like we are cooking for 8 plus a munchkin - could be interesting with a single oven :snigger:

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 8:30pm

oh forgot to ask, you said gonal F comes in a pen (i take it the same as an insulin pen).

What other drugs are there and why is it more difficult to mix etc etc? are the other when you have to extract from a bottle the correct volume?

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 9:52pm

Hi Jane,
By what I seen the other stuff was a mix of powder and liquid and you take the liquid out bottle with an extremely large needle lol and put it in with the powder and the powder disolves then you change needles for injecting,

The Glonal- F is a pen and you just twist it to put the right amount in then it clicks as you inject looks much simpler but I guess no matter what you get as long as it does it's job it don't matter, was good to see all medication etc.

I didn't know you could get your tour nearer to you, that would be good if you don't have to travel so far.

Andrea best of luck with EC I will be thinking about you lots, We stayed at Aboyne for our anniversary but wasn't same hotel, its nice there, just a pest if you hit rush hour driving joining aberdeen with everyone coming in from dundee etc.

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:01pm

P.S lost 1 1/2 lbs lol woohoo going right way again

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:16pm

yeh jane our info session was in inverness. it was during the day and lasted and hour approx. lots of other couples, but luckily one other person came with her mum (DB was offshore). sadly i wouldve liked to be shown round the unit but hey, not long now till i see it for myself

pamela - where was the worst bit of the journey? going into aberdeen itself? we are planning leaving about 0645, got to be at clinic for 0815. surely that will give us plenty of time? oops, nearly forgot :weehee: on the with the weight loss. your doing great

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:21pm

Andrea depending what way you go you are joining the traffic coming in from dundee which is very very busy but that should be plenty of time to get to hospital, from coming in there we went straight up holburn street then onto union street which I don't recommend lol.

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:23pm

got our directions and we will join in at north anderson drive, which im sure will be a nightmare but its gota be done. hopefully we will be ok?

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:26pm

I'm sure you will yes that will be much better than stupid route we took best of luck and I can't wait til you come back and tell us how it went xxxx :goodluck:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:29pm

i will let you know asap

off to bed. i'll probably still waken at 0600 X(

night night

blowkiss

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:30pm

night night :xxx3:

dooey

Star

Reg: Oct 23rd 2008

Children: 2 StepDaughters 18 and 15! and Baby Blair

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 8:24am

Thinking of you Celtchicky

Dying to know how you get on...

Fingers crossed...

FET - Feb 09 - 1 Blasto- :BFP:
Due Date 10th November
Arrival Date 21st November

My IVF/FET/Pregnancy Diary

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 9:11am

Good luck today Andrea

Dooey - how are you getting on with the 2WW, not long now?

Pamela - Congrats on more weight loss

looloo - glad you have got the gym motivation.

Is everyone looking forward to a good weekend then? this will be our last free weekend before the start of xmas parties, meeting ups so will be sad and get the last bit of xmas shopping and clean house throughly.

take care all
xxxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

dooey

Star

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 9:14am

Feel like the tasmainian devil.... loads going on just now so plenty to keep my mind off it I spose.. but the sooner it comes the better
xxxx

Christmas parties woooppeee

Due Date 10th November

pamelag088

Superstar

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 6:09pm

Andrea been thinking of you all day, hope everthing went fine and your not too sore.
I'm working all weekend so not much fun for me, We are only closed xmas day so it aint much of a holiday, everyone inviting me out and I can't go :bawl: lol
its prob best I don't go out anyways will just put more weight on

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 6:58pm

Hi folks, how's everyone doing?

Hope you got on well today Andrea, got me xfingers for you.

Pamela, I see your ticker for your 1st appointment - nice one! That's not too long to wait, although I'm sure it'll feel like it for you. At least there's Xmas and New Year in between.

Dooey - hope the 2WW isn't dragging too much. Enjoy your weekend away!

Good luck with the Crimbo shopping Jane! I'm going to be cleaning the house this weekend too. I'm a bit OCD about about not putting the decorations up till everything else is shiny and clean. Yes, I'm a sad case...

Off out to the Stereophonics gig now [zx164]
Hope you all have a good weekend

Lxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 7:20pm

:hello:

i got on well today, i think ?( we got 7eggs. thought there might have been more but that was that. just got to wait on that phonecall tomorrow to tell us how many have fertilised

Reg: Sep 28th 2008

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 8:02pm

Big congratulations Andrea - your little ones will all do really well over night and you will get great news tomorrow!! How exciting!
x x x

TTC with IVF - 3.5 years
2011 - BFP
Boy 11/11/11 - 4 weeks early!

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 10:11pm

Congrats Andrea yoohoo 7 eggs is fab.

Will again be keeping everything crossed for your call tomorrow.

Hope the EC went well and that you are feeling ok after it :thumbsup2:

Take care and hope you get a good nights sleep, it will be all go from here (not that it hasnt been already for you im sure :snigger:)

wishing you the bestest luck for tomorrow.

xxxxxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

dooey

Star

Friday, December 5th 2008, 8:58am

Thats ace andrea - How did you get on with it.?

Things not looking good for me ... P pains this morning ;-(

Due Date 10th November

Friday, December 5th 2008, 9:34am

Hey Dooey,

Really sorry to hear your having AF pains - will keep everything crossed for you over the next few days.

How are you feeling apart from that, any other signs?

Please try and keep positive

take care
xxxxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

dooey

Star

Friday, December 5th 2008, 9:42am

THanks

Yeah bit pinkish coming through... its usually quite quick one the pain starts with me but I spose this is not a normal cycle!

Had quite bad pain all night - kept me awake..

xx

Due Date 10th November

United Kingdom

Friday, December 5th 2008, 9:51am

hi dooey

im sorry to hear about the AF pains and the pinkish discharge. its maybe something to do with implantation??? i'll be keeping my xfingers that everythings ok hun

dooey

Star

Friday, December 5th 2008, 10:12am

Thanks how did EC go?

When is ET.? Monday?
x

Due Date 10th November

Reg: Dec 14th 2009

Children: none

Friday, December 5th 2008, 4:02pm

nightshift is killing the effort of weight loss, hope everyone is fine. i have my phone consultation in 2 weeks have to lose weight before it just have to.
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2nd ivf (icsi) Aug 2010 BFN :tears:

pamelag088

Superstar

Friday, December 5th 2008, 6:20pm

Hey peeps,
Dooey keeping everything crossed for you, Keep the PMA!!

Loo loo I know what you mean about night shift, i work a 1-10 sometimes and I find it really hard to stick to it, esp if you can't get home for something proper to eat but keep it up and just keep thinking soon you could be starting tx thats whats kept me going all this time.

Andrea how did news with fertilisation go? been so excited to find out how you got on xx

United Kingdom

Friday, December 5th 2008, 6:41pm

oops forgot to let you know. ive been on the diamonds buddy chatter :whoops:

5 out of 7 fertilised so ET is tomorrow now. i cant wait. the embryologist asked how many i wanted transferred. i said that i thought due to my age, i was only allowed one, but she said she would see tomorrow. if there was one ahead of the rest, then one it was, but if there were 2 of equal quality then 2 it would be.

i have never told anyone on here as dont know how people would react, but ive been at several different psychics who say that i will have trouble conceiving, and also that i would end up with 3 babies, including a set of twins :hmm:

Friday, December 5th 2008, 7:59pm

Hey Andrea,

I didnt think age came into it when deciding how many to transfer (expect for over 40 when 3 may be allowed) - hope you dont mind me asking but how old are you?

I havent been to a psychic (fraid im a scientist by nature so need proof and data for everything) but do still believe that funny things happen.

I think me and DH have known since we got together there was a high chance of twins for us, but strangely it doesnt help us make a decision on how many to transfer when time comes. His mum is an identical twin, my cousins are triplets - 2 identical boys and a girl, and one of the twin boys had twin boys himself (and other also), so basically we think we are screwed anyway :snigger:

Good luck tomorrow

Dooey - hows things with you this evening, im keeping xfingers and everything crossed that you will be ok.

looloo - mega good luck with the weight loss, it is so so hard and this time of year is so much the worst, i think my work should ban chocolate (i had a fun size bounty today so feel guilty).

Pamela - hows you today, i see from your ticker its 1 month today til your first app, all so exciting. Im sure the time will fly by with xmas coming soon.

Hows everyones xmas plans coming along - we are still heading 'doon the road' on xmas eve, looking forward to it, well apart from nervous about how i will cope with comments from my preggers SIL (she has 1 gorgeous son at the moment).

take care all

Any new Aberdeen girlies about looking at this thread??

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

United Kingdom

Friday, December 5th 2008, 9:18pm

jane im 33. ive known for approx 10yrs that ive needed IVF to conceive hence how this day has been a long time coming. theres full info in my diary.

we got a leaflet about ET and it said under 35 and 1st IVF then it would be one embryo. thats why i questioned the embryologist about it when she said had i any thoughts on one or two?

xmas???? i havent done much more. need to sit down and write a list of who i have bought for and what else i need to buy. not got that much to buy really, but im having problems getting DB to decide on anything. he aint interested as hes meant to be offshore then.

pamelag088

Superstar

Friday, December 5th 2008, 11:37pm

:dust:Best of luck with ET I'm so excited to see how it all goes, everything went so well just got a really good feeling this is it for you Andrea as the psychic said too
:goodluck:

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 7:02pm

Hey Andrea,

33 is still quite young (well i think so anyway) - i had never heard of recommending 1 embie under 35 for 1st IVF before, but have heard that clinic are trying to reduce their twin rates. I see you put 2 in, thats fantastic - 2 wee embies :D

I haughed when you said your DB isnt too bathered about sorting out pressies as he will be offshire - mine will be here and he still cant bebotherd, seems to think all he has to focus on is my pressie whilst i sort out both families and friends kids pressies - aarrrgggghhhh, men humph

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 10:40pm

Hello Aberdeen girlies xmas35,

Dooey hope everything is ok and them AF pains didn't come to nothing xfingers,

Andrea thinking of you all time, hoping that will be me in couple months time. Hope you are fine and taking in easy, 2 little embbys in your belly so exciting.

Speakin of twins my DH is a twin and his uncle so we have a chance if we ever get that far.

Loo loo hows diet going? managed to get some motivation to keep going?

Jane how you holding out, thanks for your comments on my diary it really helped me your a starsmile [zx050] blowkiss

dooey

Star

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 9:55pm

Hi girlies, currently away for the weekend wanted to catch up with andrea, well done on 2 on board love.

Not so good news for me, not tested yet but know that its not happened this time as had bad AF with em 'clumps' aorry TMI!!!

Will test tmor but no way its good news as I have been bleeding all weekend..

Oh well PMA .. Will speak to nurses and try as soon as poss with mu blasto xx

Will rread properly and respond when I get in front of a pc.
Dooey
X

Due Date 10th November

United Kingdom

Monday, December 8th 2008, 10:06am

morning

dooey im so sorry things are turning out like this. have you called the clinic this morning?

thinking of you

:hugs: and blowkiss

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Monday, December 8th 2008, 1:02pm

Hiya, just wanted to say congratulations on your two embies Andrea! That's great news and I'll be keeping xfingers for you over the next couple of weeks.

Dooey, am so sorry to hear things are not going so well. I really hope it turns out not to be real AF for you :hugs:

I had my follow up appointment at the clinic today and it looks like we're actually getting somewhere now. Going for an HSG on the 23rd, then if that's all clear they're going to put me on Clomid for a few months. The Prof was really nice today, and he says we'll only try Clomid till the spring, then if still no luck we'll be looking at IVF. I'm so lucky having all you experienced girlies here for advice!

Hope everyone else is good

Lxxx

Monday, December 8th 2008, 10:02pm

Hey Dooey,

So so sorry to hear about your news :hugs:

Hope you are managing ok and glad to hear you are being positive about the next steps.

Take care and hope you feel better soon
xxxxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wee Janey" (Dec 8th 2008, 10:03pm)

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, December 9th 2008, 2:06am

Hello aberdeen girlies :hello:

Dooey so sorry to hear your news, Keep up the PMA doesn't mean its the end, your turn will come [zx127]

Moogle glad to hear you getting somewhere, which doctor was you seeing?

Andrea hows the 2ww going, hope you taking it nice and easy? thanks for you comment on my diary, everyone so much support

Jane how you holding out? So excited for you to get your apt dates etc

Finally got a day off tomorrow im so excited lol going to have a well deserved long lie zzzz then get some housework done :iron: (yawn)

Hope you all have great days [zx078]

:xxx3:

dooey

Star

Tuesday, December 9th 2008, 8:15am

Morning Girls - Thanks for the Support

I phoned the Clinic yesterday and they said I need to leave it three months to get my frosties think I was more upset about that!!! :tears:

So February here we come !

Andrea - been on to the December Diamonds to follow how you are getting on glad to hear you did well at the EC/ET.. gooooood luck.xxx

Due Date 10th November

Moogle

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 1:18pm

Hey Dooey, I hope you're doing ok and that the next couple of months go by nice and quick for you xfingers

Pamela, it's Templeton we saw. I thought he was a bit pompous and not very sympathetic the first time we went, but he was much more helpful and understanding on Monday. I think the last time they just wanted us to TTC naturally a bit longer as I'd been pg before.
How about you? Countin the days till your appointment? :D

Andrea, thinking about you in your 2WW!

Jane, Looloo, how you getting on?

Lxxx

pamelag088

Superstar

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 4:52pm

Hey all

It was batty i got(cant remember how to pronounce his name let alone spell it lol)
It does help to get a good dr, when my DH went for his 2nd SA and returned with 1 dead sperm the dr laughed, I was almost in floods of tears and he was laughing and we had to push really hard for a 3rd SA he had given up and was trying real hard to get us towards donor which I really wasn't keen on. Just as well really as he is proud owner of 5 straws in freezer lol

It's crazy when you look back on your journey from the beginning and how far you have come.

Loo loo any luck with the diet? Iv been trying real hard all day so here's hoping I can hold out the whole week.

Jane, Andrea how you doing??

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 9:48pm

Hey guys,

Sorry not been on much - loads of extra hours at work then today find out that there will be redundancies :bawl:

looks like my dept will be ok (well so im told for now) - but so hard as if loose job will have to move and worried will have to start all over on another waiting list, which could be another few years :bawl:

Sorry for being so depressed just so worried about work and tx.

How is everyone else doing?

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wee Janey" (Dec 10th 2008, 9:48pm)

pamelag088

Superstar

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 11:28am

Hey Jane I know the feeling too well,

My work also announced redundancies and thankfully our dept is safe but DH only started his new job in august and they paid 8 ppl off last friday with no warning whatsoever so everyday Im so worried he gets sent home we would have to move back in with my mam if that happened lol no way we could manage on just my wage

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 7:22pm

Hey Pamela,

Yeah it is so so hard - will find out more tomorrow but my job is def at risk. bigcloud

I know i can get another job (im good at what i do), but worried as no way will get another job in Inverness area (at least not one that pays my needed salary - as family breadwinner i need to cover mortgage and food etc), so selling house at moment looks neih on impossible in current climate but more importantly my tx, i will lose my near top place on waiting list and a new job would give me next to no maternity leave, ok so mat leave least of worries but i want to be at home for at least a few months before DH takes over when have a baby.

Just worried if have to move to central belt (only real option as want to stay in Scotland) will start from sctrach on a 3 year waiting list - i will be 35 by then :bawl:

Sorry for my rant, just so much going on in my head right now - im a worst case scenario person, no actually im thinking about my mat leave so must have some PMA left.

DH is so so worried, he really wants a baby and to raise it in the highlands.

Anyway - how is everyone else doing?

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

pamelag088

Superstar

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 7:55pm

Aw Jane,

I know its so hard when you have all these things buzzing round in your head.
I wouldn't worry too much about your job til you know for definate but I know its really hard not to.

I'm sure everything will be fine keep up PMA. like you said you good at what you do.

Even if worse case happened couldn't you keep at same clinic and travel back and forth to save being placed at bottom of list at another hospital? It would be a lot of extra travelling but better than waiting another 18 months for tx.

Sorry I'm not helping am I? :zipit:

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 9:20pm

hey jane sorry you've alot going on just now, its such a worry esp at this time of year. xfingers that everything is ok and that your job is safe. what is it you do?

hows all the other aberdeen girlies doing?

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 9:44pm

Hey Andrea,

Im a Quality Engineer, so unfortnately no jobs in the highlands - well not in pharmaceutaical or medical devices anyway.

How are you getting on?

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

Moogle

Friday, December 12th 2008, 1:04pm

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry to hear about your job worries, it's the last thing you need right now. I hope your position is safe, but if the worst happened would there be anything even in the Aberdeen area? Maybe at the hospital?

:hugs:

Lxxx

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, December 15th 2008, 1:16am

Hey Aberdeen girlies,

Been quiet in here lately, :listen

Everyone must be busy busy with their xmas shopping and wrapping I'v still a few to get its a blooming nightmare.

Shamefully i'm actually willing christmas to "hurry up and be over" this year, sooner its all by the sooner I'l get my 1st apt out way and hopefully(as long as I stop filling my face) start DR'ing Im so so so excited.

Andrea you must be willing time on too, cant imagine how long the day drags for you so exciting.

And Jane your pack landing on your mat very soon

Sorry just got a burst of PMA at back of 1 in morning lol

20 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

20 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE