You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jan 6th 2014

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 5:51pm

Hello chocolate thanks for your wishes. We are self funded.

Good luck on starting your cycle. :-)

Reg: Jan 8th 2014

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 6:39pm

Hello ace, thanks for the warm welcome. I have had several rounds of clomid over 2 years and responded only in one cycle. I jus started my gonal f injections this Monday and don't know what to expect, been disappointed endlessly and I am worried that if this fails I may have to progress to Ivf which I have been told is not cheap. I had a myomectomy and ovarian drill last February before I started my 2nd round of clomid which raised and dashed my hope severally :o) ....sorry about the rant : D , jus wanted know how successful others have been with this...... Thanks again

Reg: Mar 18th 2012

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 6:42pm

So what is your treatment plan babyand dust, are you doing a fresh cycle of ivf or what is your gonal f injections for?

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 9:13pm

The injections are geared towards ovulation induction....they decided to try this angle and if this fails then it will have to be ivf

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 9:29pm

:hi: Babyanddust...how long are you on injections for?

TheSmiths :weehee: Great news that appt is sooner than thought!

Chocolate - I'm not exactly sure...according to my app, AF is due in 9days then start on day 21!

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 10:40pm

Halos bumblebee, I was told that it will depend on how I respond........so i am hoping for the best. I have a blood test on Friday to see how I am responding.... Will keep u guys posted

ROSIEWOO

Reg: Jan 1st 2013

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 1:11pm

Hi,

I wondered if I could join you guys? I'm about to start my 3rd ivf cycle next week - third & last so alot of hopes are pinned on this one. I'm on short protocol again & I had a scratch done last month too, so I'm hoping that it help. We have unexplained infertility.

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 5:58pm

Welcome ROSIEWOOD, good to see new faces on here. Good luck with your 3rd cycle. When do you start? :)

ROSIEWOO

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 6:13pm

Thanks. First scan & begin gonal f (highest dose) a week tomorrow :) Glad to get going again. :)

Reg: Jul 28th 2013

Children: Little boy Previous relationship

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 11:26pm

Hey Everyone hope everyone is well. How are you all doing?

Chocolate100- I hope everything went well today, I hope the next few weeks passes quickly for you. Everything is good with me thanks.

Thesmiths64- not long now that's great news, feels good when you get a date.

Bumblebee- do you have a start date? I hope your well

Babyanddust- I was on different drugs, I hope your getting on ok. It's nice to cant to people going through the same as you.
Good luck with your treatment.

Tazza- I hope your feeling better you poor thing.

I love coming on to see how your all doing, thinking of you all. Xxx

Reg: Jul 28th 2013

Children: Little boy Previous relationship

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 11:32pm

Welcome Rosiewoo lovely to have new faces. Good luck, try to relax and not stress about it, I know it's not easy. Xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 11:40pm

ROSIEWOO :hi: lovely to see more people join the thread

Sweetpea - no not yet although have EC date lol

ROSIEWOO

Friday, January 10th 2014, 8:31am

Thanks for the welcomes folkes :) It's nice to see how some others at the same clinic as myself are getting on. I feel remarkably relaxed about things this time & I'm trying really hard to think positively this time. I must put to the back of my mind that it's our final try. I guess we were lucky when we joined the waiting list so very long ago that we were given 3 funded attempts. I was on LP last time & it didn't work so well for me, my response was poorer, with almost half the eggs from the first cycle and not so good quality. The only plus being that we got 100% fertilisation. We have never managed to have any frozen :-(

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 11th 2014, 6:31pm

Rosiewoo I will be on short protocol this time too, but more due to age...im 38 :S are you on tablets at the moment? that's what I have to do on day 21 of next cycle...EC is booked already for march. have you got your date?

ROSIEWOO

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 9:19am

hi Bumblebee, Yes I finish the tablets today :) First scan & begin gonal f on Friday. I'm not actually sure when it's booked for but in the previous 2 cycles I have responded a wee bit slower to stimms so I suspect I'll not be ready for ec till the 31st with transfer on 3rd Feb. :)

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 7:05pm

Well I'm now getting "scratch" done as its been bugging me since appt, so i emailed clinic. Nurse left message saying that its fine & just to phone on start of cycle :thumbsup:

ROSIEWOO

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 8:37pm

Great news. I really hope that's the key to my success this time anyway :)

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 9:07pm

Yeh me too...i decided i might as well give it everythin i can! Xx

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 8:37am

I have also read about low dose asprin aiding follicle growth & implantation as it increases blood flow. i figure that can't do any harm either so trying that as well. Only 2 days until my baseline scan - eek! Although I haven't bled yet & my last norethisterone tablet was on Sunday. It should appear very soon.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 10:10am

:witch: Has arrived. Off to phone clinic xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 12:23pm

AF arrived

Endo scratch booked - 29/01

Start tablets - 04/02

Stop tablets - 16/02

Baseline scan - 21/02

Scan - 26/02

Scan - 28/02

EC - 03/03

Reg: Oct 25th 2012

Children: Little girl via IVF at Aberdeen.

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 1:46pm

hi all

how is everyone?

That's fantastic news bumblebee that you have all your dates, how are you feeling about it?

Rosiewood - hopefully you don't have much longer to wait and hope all goes well for your baseline.

Sweet pea - thanks for that information it really helped.

babyanddust - I know a couple of ladies who have been successful with the ovulation induction with gonal f. Wishing you all the best.

Sorry if I have missed anyone out, there is quite a few here now! Hope everyone is doing well in their treatments.

xxx
TTC 2007

1st IVF June/July 2013 cancelled

2nd IVF Sept/Oct/November 2013 - :BFP:

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 12:28am

Hey ladies, doing great I suppose???? I have had 2 blood test and a scan and I seem not to be responding at all. FN said I will be on 75iu till I respond. Is that how it works? Can't get any more information from her....guess I will have to wait it out. Just updating you lovely ladies. @ tazza thanx for the warm welcome.

av13

Ace

Reg: Aug 12th 2013

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 10:39am

Hi everyone,

not been on for a while so lots of new people- welcome!

Had my follow up appt today following failed ICSI and I now feel crap :-(
Turns out my egg quality was really poor (i dont know why as im so young) as well as the sperm which would explain why we only had 1 half decent embryo to transfer. Feeling really down now as was thinking a sperm donor would work if ivf doesnt but even that wouldnt help.
Im gonna try again anyway else I would regret it.
We are going to try the long protocol this time as hoping more eggs will mean more will fertilise, but not really sure how this protocol works, all I know is I will be on bureselin before stimms. If anyone can give me any more details it would be much appreciated.
They also recommend an endometrial scratch!? Again, any info on this would be great.

I'm to phone the clinic on the first day of my march period and will get started again then.

Good luck to everyone in the middle of, or about to start to treatment.
Andrea im so pleased you finally have dates :-D
xXx

av13

Ace

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 10:40am

Babyanddust- sorry I cant help but good luck. Maybe your just a slow responder x

ROSIEWOO

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 1:04pm

Hi Av,

Sorry that you have had bad news :( Hopefully the next try will be more successful for you. I was on LP for my last cycle & it was fine. I didn't respond as well as with SP though in that I think the Dr shut my system down too much so I then didn't respond as well. I had less follicles, eggs & not as good quality. they changed to LP with the hope of improving egg quality As non ever make it to freezing sadly.

I also had a scratch done last month & it was totally fine. Take a couple of ibuprofen an hour before & it's easily done. All you feel is a bit of cramping.

Thankfully af has arrived today which I'm relieved about - baseline scan tomorrow & begin stimms :)

av13

Ace

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 1:25pm

Hi rosiewoo
Thanks for replying.

This is where I am confused. When I was on SP they said I should have better quality eggs than with LP. They also said I was a higher risk of getting OHSS so were avoiding LP. Im so worried I will either not get as many eggs as with SP (only got 8) or get lots of crappy ones they cant use and get OHSS.

Im getting myself in such a state thinking about it. Been googling endoscratch and it looks quite hopeful.
How long do you usually down reg for before stimms, and do you carry on with the bureselin while stimming?
Haha my af decided to mess me around and didnt show up before baseline during my SP, remember totally panicking hehe. Which stimms will you be on?
Xx

ROSIEWOO

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 2:01pm

I guess it depends from person to person as well. It does all become quite confusing really :( Try not to be down about it though as they will adjust things if you don't respond to how they hope.

The scratch does seem to improve chances anyway - especially in ladies who have failed cycles & with no reason. I suppose they have to assume that the failure to become pregnant is at the implantation stage. Personally I'm sure this is why it's never happened for me.

Blimey, I can't really remember the timescale, i think i was down regging for about 3 weeks. Normally you would carry on with bureselin while stimming but they stopped mine as I wasn't responding. Once off that the stimms did their thing however I still landed with half the follicles & eggs compared to the previous cycle - and still none made it to freezing - this is what they were aiming for, as well as a positive result of course.

I begin the highest dose of gonal f tomorrow & cetrorelix on Tue :)

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 6:16pm

Hello pretty ladies! @ av13 .......so sorry about how feel, praying for you.....pleasant surprises will come your way soonest!
Update....had a scan twice last week and my ovaries seem to having a longgggg nap. No response!. Then yesterday, a follicle appeared 13mm, today follicle measured about 17mm...shocked I was as I looked at the screen. Blood work shows rising hormones but not enough for trigger shot yet, was told to wait 48hrs. So fingers crossed something good may come from this cycle.
To all the ladies trying, let's keep hope alive!!! : D : D

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 11:34am

Brilliant news :) Absolutely, all we can do is hope. I had a scan today too so it's looking like EC will be next Friday :) Today is only day 6 so they still have a lot of growing to do yet, come on follies : D

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 11:50am

Babyanddust - thats good news! Are you back in for another scan?

Rosiewoo - thats great news! Have you also got more scans?

Hows everyone else doing....Tazza, Sweetpea, av13 & anyone else ive missed???

AFM the nurses left a message saying they are changin my endo scratch to thursday instead of wednesday next week. Must phone work tho as i had already changed my shifts!

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 12:25pm

Hi bumblebee,

I have a scan on Mon & Wed next week too. I was booked in for one this Fri too but not much will happen between now & then. It's all getting scarily close now. Not the actual EC or ET but the fear of another failed cycle - especially with this being our last :(

av13

Ace

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 1:03pm

Rosiewoo- how are you getting on with the cetrorelix? I hated the mixing of it and it gave me a really itchy nettle sting like rash. Hopefully your follies will start shooting up now, mine didnt do much at all until days 8-11. Really hope it works out for you this time!

babyanddust- thats optimistic that it grew that much in just one day. I presume they will scan you again before trigger shot?

bumblebee- let me know how you get on with your endoscratch, mine isnt until prob the end of march but already feeling a bit anxious about it.

After my follow up last week i got my drugs through the post yesterday for my next cycle. Very exciting and frustrating to see them sat there hehe.
Even more confused now though as aswel as buserelin and cyclogest theres also progynova tabs which consultant never mentioned and from looking around only ever seems to be used during FETs?!?!
Theres also a sheet about down regging but only talks about frozen embryos. EH?! Gonna try phonin the clinic.

how many scans do you usually get during a long protocol? Would it take longer to respond to stimms than a short protocol with your hormones being shut down beforehand? Also, when do you have your baseline?

Sorry a million questions, im so impatient and trying to figure out rough dates to give work so I can get the time off

Xxx

ROSIEWOO

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 1:26pm

Thanks av13. I'm getting on fine with it. i get the red itchy rash on my tummy as well - no bruises so far, I must be getting better at the injecting malarky :) I get my husband to mix it for me though. He's used to injecting cows so he draws it up properly lol. Needless to say he doesn't get to inject me : D The biggest are measuring around 6.5 just now so i should see a big improvement by Monday. I bet they'll still want to see me on Wed though but I am a bit slower to respond so usually need an extra couple of days.

How exciting having your drugs ready & good to go :) honestly the scratch is totally fine. It's not even sore, just more like a crampy feeling. You will be fine :) As far as i can remember I had the same number of scans during LP. I forget when my baseline scan was, sorry. It's all written down in my other diary. I would try phoning the clinic for some clarity. :)

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 8:51pm

@ Rosie, did pray to those follies to get growing....we need nice eggies!!!!
: D
@av13, had a scan today and was told that the egg may not grow more 17.1mm, so she gave me my trigger shot immediately after my scan. Will report back a week today to see if I ovulated. So I'm on 'hope' track.
I'm off to have a beddie chat with DH......so wish me luck ladies.

Keeping an open mind as I have just one egg that made it through this cycle. Wish me luck ladies.......will be back with updates.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 11:02pm

Endo scratch now next Thursday as clinic phoned to change!

Av13 - did you speak to someone from clinic? Hope you got some answers?

Babyanddust - is it IVF you are doing? Sorry i cant remember xx

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 8:06am

Hey bumblebee, ovulation induction using gonal f. After which if it fails I will move on to IVF. How long after trigger shot do one ovulate? Any ideas????

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 3:15pm

Hi everyone, how are you?

babyanddust, I think its about 36-48 hours, or maybe that's just for collection. Try giving the clinic a phone.

roseiwood, fingers crossed you get to complete the cycle, but if they cancel it, it should not be counted as one of your 'shots'. We had ours cancelled and still retained all 3 goes for our restart.

av, it is very exciting to have all the drugs ready and waiting to go, do you have a date for starting? Good luck.

bumblebee, hopefully you didn't have any problem getting your shifts changed and hope that the endo scratch goes well.

AFM-we are still struggling on. Been lots of scary moments with complications, sleeping lots as still being very sick sadly. Hope everyone is doing well. xx
TTC 2007

ROSIEWOO

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 6:22pm

I don't have any doubt about completing the cycle, I just hope I get a good amount of eggs & embryos. I'm just praying that some make to far enough along to be frozen, sadly none in the past have made it :( With it being our final go at IVF at least some frosties would give the chance of FET.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad time, hope you get better soon :)

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 5:41pm

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on for a while. Been on injections now for just over 2 weeks, got hospital tomorrow to check my hormone levels then start the tablets. Had no side effects. So far so hopefully injections working.

How is everyone getting on?

Xxx

ROSIEWOO

Monday, January 27th 2014, 8:43pm

Glad to hear you're getting on well chocolate :)

I had a scan today, 12 follies growing nicely although a bit slowly as usual. Just when I thought i didn't have to travel back for another scan, the Doc wants me back on Wed. The nurse seems pretty sure EC will be Friday. I'm not sure they'd be quite ready by Fri (looking back at response times in previous cycles) but they won't do EC on a Sat or Sun so guess it will be Fri. Grow follies please..............I'm scared only a few will be mature enough :(

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, January 27th 2014, 8:50pm

Chocolate ~ nice to hear from you....how did today go?

Rosiewoo ~ i guess they know what they are doing and if they are in any doubt they will alter things...bit of a pest travelling again tho! how far away are you?

my endo scratch is on thursday but me & mum heading down on wednesday and we will do some shopping!! anyone had a scratch that can say how sore it is? if it is at all??

im on nightshift tonight...we do rotation and i should have had 4 nights on but with appt i scored getting 2 off. doing tonight and friday night...im :tired: already and cant wait for my zzzz tomorrow lol xx

ROSIEWOO

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 8:25am

I should trust them but I need to make sure that as many follies as possible are mature - I shall be asking at the scan tomorrow :) I'm not really that far, yesterday with the traffic it took an hour & 20 mins.

That's a nice idea, combining your trip with some shopping etc. The scratch is totally fine, all you will feel is a bit of cramping while it's been done. Remember to take ibuprofen about an hour before :)

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 8:13pm

That's good ROSIEWOO, good luck for Friday.
Bumblebee, I have never had scratch but good luck and enjoy shopping trip.
My blood test went well started my tablets last night. Had a wee bit of bleeding today, phoned clinic they said its probably just tablets going into my system but to notify nurse at my lining scan in 2 weeks.

Good luck ladies xxxxx

Emi

Reg: Dec 1st 2013

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 8:21pm

Hi everyone. It's nice to see this forum so busy. I hope everyone is getting on ok and good luck to all of you that are on a cycle at the moment.
We have our follow up appointment on 13th February so it will be interesting to find out what happens next. I can't believe I've already been though 3 cycles. We only have 2 frozen embryos so I feel like I have a load of questions about using them verses fresh cycle. Anyway I suppose I'm just hoping there is something different can be tried so we don't go through another loss.
Good luck everyone xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 8:22pm

:weehee: Chocolate. Great feeling getting started Xx

Well had a very difficult thing to do today....i had to put my beloved :cat: to sleep. When I came home from nightshift he was crawling around with no use of his back legs....vets said blood clot & with him being so old (16) it was best to say goodbye. Heartbroken :tears:

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 5:44pm

bumblebee - my heart goes to you sweety, it is a very difficult thing to say goodbye to 'someone' who has been with you through everything. Bet Fluffy loved every minute they had with you. sending big hugs your way. Do you have any other pets? xxx
TTC 2007

av13

Ace

Thursday, January 30th 2014, 3:23pm

So sorry to hear about your cat bumblebee :-( i have always had cats and know how heartbreaking it is when something happens to them.
How did your endoscratch go? Ive been googling it and panicking now and having second thoughts about it as found a few people saying it was agony?! I know a couple of the ladies on here have said its totally fine however they told me that before egg collection last time too hehe.

Hows everyone else doing?
Rosiewoo- how was ur last scan? Are you still having egg collection tomorrow?

xxx

ROSIEWOO

Thursday, January 30th 2014, 6:27pm

Yes it's all systems go for EC tomorrow - however they are at varying sizes :( We thought they might have left it till Mon but they decided to go with tomorrow. Hopefully the smaller ones will have grown a good bit like some did between Mon & Wed. I wanted as many eggs as possible with the hope of freezing some. It looks as though we'll just get 6 :(

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 30th 2014, 8:20pm

How did your endoscratch go? Ive been googling it and panicking now and having second thoughts about it as found a few people saying it was agony?! I know a couple of the ladies on here have said its totally fine however they told me that before egg collection last time too hehe.

I can honestly say it wasn't bad. Its done exact same way that they do ET but instead of them implanting embryos through the catheter they do the scratch. The procedure itself lasts literally 20/30 seconds!!!

My appt was at 2pm & i was back in car at 2:20pm, that included time to pay also...£150 for that length of time...ridiculous!

It was mild cramping for the "scratch" bit but i drove 5.5hrs home with no bother....im abit uncomfy now but I'll take painkillers before bed...

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE