You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Friday, June 1st 2018, 9:03pm

Nikita81 - everyone is different!! The meds we are on can give us symptoms, some people don’t get any and some get it all!! Please don’t read in to lack of symptoms as it is still very early days!!

With me, every time I have been pregnant, as soon as the hcg enters my blood stream I get vivid enhanced dreams (not dirty dreams lol) just random full on movie like dreams! Even now I still have them and I blame them for being so god dam exhausted as I swear my brain hasn’t rested since I became pregnant!
Some times I did have very tender boobs other times not so much. My symptoms really kicked in about 6 weeks but I did have a general feeling of not feeling myself, not unwell but just not fully a 100%, my mother in law could tell as my eyes look shattered from about a week or so after and she said I just looked different..

Do you think you will test early? Xx
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

Moomy891

Reg: May 31st 2018

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 1:58pm

Hi all,

I’m new to this site

Moomy891

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 2:00pm

Not sure that worked!

Moomy891

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 2:00pm

Hi All, I’m new to this site. I’m currently on the waiting list for IVF at Aberdeen and wondered if anyone was seen earlier than the date that was on their letter. Mine says my first appointment will be December but obviously keen to get started!

Bell13

Reg: Apr 24th 2018

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 5:51pm

Hey,

My letter has said between September and November and haven’t hear yet but can let you know once I get mine though for your timescale.

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 9:16pm

Hi Bell,
We were referred for Ivf in Jan and told 6 months waiting and were then seen in June. So it's prob an accurate enough estimation. The waiting is so hard!
Congratulations Bambi and abc girl. Hope your both keeping well.

Nakkita, for me progesterone gave me a lot of side effects. Hang on in, the two week wait is hard. Wishing you success.

We are now 17 weeks pregnant, still can't believe it. Bleeding finally stopped at 15 weeks.
BT X

Moomy891

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 12:59pm

Ok. Thank you both so much! Good luck to you xx

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 2:20pm

Hey mommy891, welcome! It does seem a long wait, do you live in Aberdeen or nearby? Maybe you call reception and ask if there are any last minute cancellations you would be available to come at the drop of a hat! I don't know if that is something they do, but def worth a try if you can be available and keen to get started!
I think I got my first letter October time for an appointment in January. I guess it all depends on how successful their current patients are, and whether they need to come back time after time or get pregnant first time, be hard one to gauge. Would give them a call though and see what they say. You don't have to give your name just make an enquiry.

Hey Beattie02, so nice to hear fro you. Thank you very much, it still is so surreal actually being pregnant! Im feeling a lot better now I am just over 13 weeks now and have weaned myself of proygnova and cyclogest (swear they have a lot to answer for) lol so compared to a few weeks ago I am feeling marvellous!! Still get tired easy and indigestion etc but ever so grateful!

Im so relieved to hear your bleeding has finally stopped, must have been an awful worrisome time for you both. Hope your enjoying your pregnancy, when is it your due? xx
Seven transfers later..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Jun 3rd 2018, 2:21pm)

nikita81

Reg: May 5th 2018

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 8:27am

;( ;( ;( tests negative. got my period today.
First IVF not successful.

How long you have to wait for the next IVF?

I will call clinic on Mon to let them know.

So sad...

Reg: May 8th 2018

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 10:18am

So sorry, Nikita. Hope you are ok.

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 5:24pm

Oh no nikita81! Im so sorry! hope your ok xx It is so upsetting and frustrating, don't feel your back to square one because you aren't, think of it is just a small part of your journey to becoming a mum! Have you frozen embryo's?

The waiting is usually around 6 weeks for a follow-up and depending on circumstances they usually will start you on your next period for your frozen transfer which is so much quicker than a fresh.
You normally start cyclogest (oestrogen tablets) on your first day of your period then they scan you (I think) around 10-11 days later then if your lining is 7mm or above you start the suppositories (progesterone) (if not they might up your tablets from 3 a day to 4 a day) the length of time your on then usually depends on which day the embryo was frozen. So I know as all mine that were frozen have been 5 days so I would then take the suppositories for seven days. if they can fit you usually you can commence the suppositories next day so in all it can be less than 20 days from start to finish then the 2ww! A FET really is a breeze, no injections, no nasty collection. Hope this was helpful xx
Seven transfers later..

Reg: Apr 23rd 2018

Monday, June 11th 2018, 12:03pm

Hi Nikita, so sorry to hear your first attempt was unsuccessful. Wishing you all the best for the next round, keep positive xx
Both 28, TTC 3.5yrs, Unexplained
First IVF attempt - June 2018

nikita81

Friday, June 15th 2018, 10:56am

Hello

Hi All

Thank you for you support.
I have been doing well. Just first day of my period was externally painful and heavy.

I called clinic and they said it will be around 6 weeks for follow up appointment.
Luckily we have 2 embryos frozen (5 days embryos so good quality).

No I will be focusing on getting fitter and healthier. Come back to running to clear my minds.

Fingers crossed

Friday, June 15th 2018, 1:23pm

Hey Nikita,

I can sympathise with you, the period is so bad, all that thickened lining etc.

Best thing is to focus on getting mentally and physically ready for the next one!

Maybe ask at your follow up if they could use embryo glue, ( my last two attempts with using embryo glue were the only two times I seen a heartbeat out of seven transfers - def worth a try)

This successful round I was taking 4 cyclogest tablets a day, 3 x prognova ( I chose to do them 8 hours apart as felt the 12hour deadline was to close for comfort and felt it wouldn't do no harm) They only recommend 2 per day but I had excess to manage to be able to do this.
And I have discussed with Aberdeen the benefits of baby aspirin and they cant neither recommend it or advice against it, they said it wouldn't do any harm, so I have been one 75mg baby aspirin per day and really believe this is the reason I am 15 weeks pregnant. My consultant I seen at the clinic the other day was happy I was taking it as it prevents blood clots later in pregnancy. I have researched so much on this and majority of protocols abroad in top private clinics include baby aspirin. I don't get why the NHS won't research into this and include it.. maybe one day!! As its so inexpensive!!

xx
Seven transfers later..

nikita81

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 4:23pm

Hi All

Hi

Bambi85 I can see you done an extensive research. I could use some of your knowledge.

I had only cyclogest on my first IVF 1 every 12 hours. No prognova - have you got this from clinic?

can you please tell me what is this baby aspirin? Maybe you would be able to send me a photo of what you were taking?

Can you please expand a little bit about embryo glue? I am NHS funded so not sure if I will be allowed to have this. however, it may be worth asking if I could self-fund this.

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 10:17pm

Yes Nikita, seven transfers later you learn a lot!!

Ok so with a frozen transfer, it's different to a fresh transfer, so on day 1 of your period you start taking progynova which is basically estrogen 3x;daily, then you have scan about 10/11 days later to measure your lining and if it above 7mm then you continue The progynova and cyclogest (suppositories), then transfer about a week later and continue these both until 12 weeks pregnant!

I was NHS funded for all my cycles so the embryo glue is available to you, just before your embryo gets transferred into you it is soaked in an embryo glue for about ten minutes and this has proven to sometimes help with implantation. I'm sure it's a type of amino acid, I may be wrong though!

The baby aspirin is just a low dose aspirin like 75mg, available at any pharmacy or supermarket, def speak to them first though before taking it and see what they think. It thins your blood, improves circulation, prevents blood clots which are one of the causes for miscarriage and I believe it helps the blood flow to your baby/embryo.

Xx
Seven transfers later..

Thursday, June 21st 2018, 12:54pm

Hi Everyone

So its egg retrieval day for us tomorrow! Not going to lie, feeling slightly apprehensive.

Otherwise just feeling a bit tired, which I don't think the travelling has helped with. Ready to take it easy tonight. ^^

Hope everyone is well xx

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Thursday, June 21st 2018, 10:48pm

Hi Everyone,

How are we all doing?

@Nikita, Sorry to hear of the failed cycle, glad you have some frozen embryos. I am surprised you weren't given Progynova (Estrogen tablet) because that's usually the norm for most don't want to say all as I am not a doctor, but as far as I know about AFC, it is usually the norm. I would query that at your next appointment, in case there was a mistake from either end. You can read the HFEA website about add-ons in fertility treatment, it will give you some more insight into what they do and are used for.

@Tinkerbell, wishing you a successful egg recovery, good fertilization, super developed embryos and obviously a bfp at the end of it all, let's know how it goes. Try to be relaxed as much as possible, usually it is not really difficult once you are well sedated and the pain reliever used is sufficient. You might be a bit sore after recovery depending on how many follicles were aspirated and how many were left untouched, so drink a lot of water and use paracetamol when necessary. Remember You can't use Ibruprofen.

@Beattie, I'm glad the bleeding has subsided, enjoy being pregnant and hope to hear good news of delivery from you soon.

@Mommy, welcome to the forum. They are usually on time, so I will expect them to get back to you when they say they will. Ours came on time.

@Bambi, how are you and baby doing? I hope you are coping well with studies, work and pregnancy?

I started a new FET protocol which required down regulations, meaning I start to inject suprecur injection from day 21 of my cycle and 18 days after, a blood test is done to check if I am fully down regulated. My blood test came back fine yesterday and I was told to commence Progynova and still continue with the suprecur injection, so a fair bit of injecting for almost a month or more (depending on how long I will be told to use it for), however I am pleased that a different protocol is being used because Progynova seems to be aggravating fibroids and endo in me and I do no want to do another surgery :tears: :tears: . So I could do with your prayers that all goes well for me in this cycle.

I am blessed beyond measures.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Jun 21st 2018, 10:52pm)

Friday, June 22nd 2018, 7:22am

Morning, good luck today tinker bell, they give you an injection that will calm and relax you. It is normal to be very anxious, be thinking of you xx

Kums17 - you only need and get progynova (estrogen) on a frozen transfer, that’s why Nikita wouldn’t have been prescribed it.

Great to hear your one step closer to your next transfer, shame about all the injections but will be so worth it when you get your BFP! Positive thinking!

Thank you I am keeping well, had my 16 week check up yesterday, all went well, heard baby heartbeat Andy tummy measuring right on 16 weeks. Looking forward to our next scan in four weeks.
Some days I’m well and other days I feel like I have been hit by a bus, I’ve missed 1 and 1/2 days off work in this pregnancy so far, so I feel I’m doing pretty well! I’m already counting down how many weeks left at work I have! Xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Friday, June 22nd 2018, 9:03am

Oh Bambi. Thanks for putting me right. I just thought straight away that she did a frozen transfer.

I'm glad you are doing well.

@Nikita, sorry for confusing you about Progynova, so as Bambi said it's just for a FET, I didn't think you did a fresh transfer.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Jun 22nd 2018, 9:06am)

Saturday, June 23rd 2018, 11:15am

Morning everyone, yesterday went really well. Retrieved 9 eggs of which 6 fertilised last night :thumbsup: absolutely delighted! Now we just have to wait and see how they do over the next few days for transfer day to be decided. Feeling ok today, a bit tender as to be expected.
Thank you bambi and kums, it's reassuring to know that support is there if needed :)
Did anyone else opt to be part of the e-freeze research? I think we find out Monday if we will be fresh or frozen transfer but all depends how the eggs are. They say frozen has a slightly higher success rate??? But I don't know enough to know if this is true xx

Saturday, June 23rd 2018, 2:51pm

Tinkerbell45 thats amazing!! Well done you!! The tenderness and bloat should ease off next couple of days! xx

I never opted for the e-freeze trial as my first time I was so impatient and just wanted the transfer asap and the thought of having to wait longer was unbearable.

I think there are arguments on both sides which have the better advantages. Personally, I believe if your wee embryo can survive being frozen, then thawed, then it is a wee fighter already! Plus a frozen transfer cycle is so much kinder to you, I remember having the fresh transfer a couple of cycles ago and I had I think it was around 16 eggs retrieved, (I did have a higher dose of the injection, so was more stimulated hence the higher amount) I was so sore, tender and even on my 5 day transfer I was still really sore, it ended up with a positive but an empty sac at the 7 week scan. Looking back I should have held off and went for a frozen when I felt better.

I don't know if they have enough research to indicate which has the highest success rate or unless the information they have gathered so far can tell us this. Do what you feel right at the time, but definitely if you are still sore and uncomfortable I would recommend holding off or at least speak to them. Keep us updated.. so exciting!! Hope your wee embryos are growing as we speak xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Saturday, June 23rd 2018, 3:03pm

Well done TinkerBell, that's a good number of eggs retrieved/fertilised. I opted for freeze all cycles as I have read that it gives one a slightly higher chance of a BFP, better weight baby (compared to natural conception) and let your body rests. For me it was the best decision as I was very ill after egg recovery, my tummy was so bloated, I was in severe pain for over a week and I looked as if I was 5 months pregnant (17 eggs were aspirated and had over 56 follicles, the doctor didn't aspirate small follicles). So considering that fact, it was a good option for me. So my first transfer was a FET, had a BFP but we discovered an empty sac at the 7 weeks scan,this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it was a frozen transfer. Also remember that it all still bores down to the number of healthy embryos you have even though you opt to be part of the trial. You could ask AFC, if they have any results from the trial so far, that can also help you to make the decision.

How's everyone else doing?

Saturday, June 23rd 2018, 6:24pm

HI bambi and kums
Thanks for sharing your experiences. As much as I am
eager to have the transfer I can see the benefits of perhaps letting your body rest and recover, not just physically but mentally and emotionally. I'll wait and see what the clinic say on Monday xx

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 10:42am

So it's transfer day today, wish me luck!
Hope everyone is doing well. Sending love xxx

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 1:37pm

Good luck tinkerbell45! Enjoy being PUPO xxx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 2:27pm

Wishing you the best Tinkerbell. Give yourself nice treats during this period.

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 3:51pm

Thank you! I am back to work now and the distraction is actually really welcome. I have a question though, would be OK to go for a cycle? The nurses did say no heavy exercise etc but I'm not sure if it would be OK?

Kums17

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 8:33pm

It's great, that you are back to work, it's a very good distraction really. I'm not sure about cycling as I don't cycle. But if I were to advise, I would say no until after your 7 weeks scan. You want to make sure you don't do anything that might make you regret later. Also considering it's an ivf, some things are just not the norm.

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 9:09am

Hi everybody,

Good luck with everyone's cycles I am popping back and fore to have a read on everyone's progress!

At the moment I still don't feel ready for a review I was disappointed with the clinic as a few weeks ago they phoned to see what my result was because I hadn't been in touch don't know if they hadn't written in my notes or what. We have declined out review at present to ensure we are both in a good place before going back. We have booked a holiday for September and hopefully we will feel ready. Part of me is scared to try again because I feel lost and broken but would love another baby a sibling for our daughter.

Take care everyone

X

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 12:00pm

Hi Kums

Yer I kinda thought that would be the case. As you say, I don't want to risk it! However, the weather is allowing for some gorgeous walks on the beach : D

Kums17

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 9:49pm

HI @Hello, it's good to hear from you. At times the clinic muddles up everything, sorry for the not so good response. Please take your time to get ready.

@Tinkerbell, you can walk and do your usual Activities, but some of those activities are a no no.
You might find this link helpful
Post Embryo Transfer Tips & Precautions - What Should You Expect?

ABCgirl

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 2:36pm

Good luck with th wait Tinkerbell.
Hello - I think you do good to let yourself get the time and space you need.
Hope everyone else is doing well.

Can’t remmeber the last time I posted here... went for my 12 week scan today (Im at 12w 5d) and all is well. I was so nervous - about to burst into tears with anxiety while waiting for the sonographer to do her thing. . I just thought something would be wrong... I’ve barely had any symptoms, no morning sickness except for some nausea but even that had disappeared in the last week.

Feel I can now relax a little. Waiting for the Downs risk to come back now but going to pay privately for the Harmony/NIPT at a local clinic.

I’ll be happy to stop the peaaaries now too! I’m going to wean off them however... still anxious about everything!

Wish you ladies the best of luck. Xx
Me/DH(34) TTC 2.5y Unexplained
Oct '17: IVF1 TFF
Feb ‘18: IVF2 w/ICSI+AOA BFN
5 ❄️
Apr: FET 1 BFP

nikita81

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 4:22pm

Hi

After first unsuccessful cycle we are due back to clinic end of July for a follow up appointment.
Just trying to lose some weight which I gained during last treatment (I think stress and hormones didn't help).

Not sure what to expect at the follow up appointment.. I will ask about embryo glue and aspirin.
Good I just got a new job and been very busy so do not think too much about treatments and future.

We still have two frozen embryos which is good as the injections and egg retrieval was not a pleasure experience.

Tinkebell - good luck and wish you a postie test!!! fingers crossed

Sending lost of positive vibes to everyone

SK88

Reg: Jul 13th 2018

Friday, July 13th 2018, 8:52am

Newbie looking for advice

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this thread from afar for a while but been a bit nervous about posting anything. I'm new to forums but here goes....

I'm 29 my husband is 33 we have been TTC for almost 4 years. We have unexplained infertility and are on our first round of IVF.

They managed to get 18 eggs at egg recovery and in the end we had a 5 day fresh transfer of a 5AA embryo. We also have 4 that they have frozen.

So our 2WW ended on Sunday (the 8th) and we did the test from the hospital which was so faint we didn't let ourselves believe it was there so we went to asda at 6.30am to get some clearblue ones that actually say "pregnant" or "not pregnant" so there could be no doubt. We did that and it came up positive. We tested again on Monday and it was positive as well.

For some reason yesterday morning I had this overwhelming urge to test again as feeling totally normal, which I know is normal at this stage. I just wanted a bit of reassurance but what I got was the complete opposite, it came up negative. I called the clinic and they said to test again on Saturday. I am fully prepared that this could be a chemical pregnancy but wondered if anyone else has had the same? I've not been bleeding or anything.

Sorry for the long message just thought the more info I gave the more advice people may have. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kums17

Friday, July 13th 2018, 4:29pm

HI Everyone,
I hope you are all doing well.
@abcgirl, exciting times ahead, wishing you a pleasant pregnant journey.
@Nikita, your follow up came quite quick, normally they review the process, talk you through it and see if anything went wrong.
@SK88, welcome. I know how stressful your current situation is. I had a similar trend in March, my result on the clinic strip didn't come up as positive within the 3 mins, but latter showed two lines. So I used other test strips and they won't come up as positive immediately and when they do they were so faint. But the clinic regarded it as positive, but because I had mmc in October 2017, I knew something was wrong so I insisted that my GP do a blood test as that is definite and the verdict was a chemical pregnancy. Sorry it's not good news from me, but really when the lines are very faint with FET after 15 days post transfer, it something to look into. I pray for strength for you as you go through this and never loose hope, because Miracles happen. Wishing you the very best.

Kums17

Friday, July 13th 2018, 4:56pm

@sk88, I forgot to add that normally you won't bleed because you have high hormones in your body. Also if you are able to push for a blood test, I will advise you to do so because it saves you time. My GP will do blood test when necessary if you are an IVF patient.

SK88

Saturday, July 14th 2018, 8:55am

Thank you for your advice and sharing your experience Kums17, not good news for us this morning unfortunately. Just waiting to hear back from the clinic about what happens next

Kums17

Saturday, July 14th 2018, 10:16pm

@sk88, I'm sorry it's not Good news for you. Big hugs from me.

Yesterday, 7:23pm

Evening everyone, feels like has been forever since I have been on here! Hope everyone is well xx

My wee update, had our 20 week scan yesterday and baby was a rascal and was curling up in a ball with his/her back to us so I have to go back next week for another scan. Which one part of me is excited to see the baby again, yesterday during the scan, I think it was the pressure for so long and lying on my back, I was so faint, sick and clammy. The scan took around about an hour. All was looking well from what they could see but they need to see it all to be certain. Still get so anxious and nervous before, from the start of IVF and I guess until the baby is in your arms I won't get rid of the anxiousness and the feeling that this is not real and I am dreaming xx

@kums17 - Hope your well, what stage at you are with your treatment? xx

@abcgirl - Im so happy to hear your 12 week scan went well and you are so lucky to have no symptoms!! Honestly take it as a blessing, long may it last for you! Are you going to have a private scan in between now and your 20 week? we never.. xx

@nikita81 - good luck for your follow up xx

@sk88 - so sorry to read what you have been through, its torturous not knowing, try and take it as a positive though as something tried to work and maybe it was natures way as may not have been viable and take it from experience its kinder it happening then than at your 7 week scan or after, speak to clinic, may be something to do with implantation.. could embryo glue help? (I swear by embryo glue btw lol)

Take care everyone and hope to hear many success stories soon xxx
Seven transfers later..

ABCgirl

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Yesterday, 8:02pm

@bambi - thanks! I’m at 14weeks and have a tiny bump. I already had 3 private scans including a private Harmony test in addition to the NhS ones so perhaps I can hold out TIL 20 weeks... I don’t know yet! Feeling a little more relaxed but still on edge at times. Maybe one at 16-17weeks wouldn’t hurt.

@sk88 - sorry to hear you didn’t get the result you hoped for. Hopefully you’ll be lucky the second try. It was my first FET after a failed fresh transfer that stuck. You have a few more chances with your frozen embryos so good luck! Also if you’re wanting to try again soon, ask the clinic for a cancellation appointment if your schedule permits. After my fresh transfer failed, I was told it’d be 4-6 weeks for a follow up but I called and asked to be put on a cancellation list and was seen later that week. Thus was able to do my frozen transfer the next month. (March 8 - Af came meaning fresh transfer failed; f/up appointment end of March; next AF started early on April 2, started FET meds that month and FET was April 27).

Good luck to everyone else xx
Me/DH(34) TTC 2.5y Unexplained
Oct '17: IVF1 TFF
Feb ‘18: IVF2 w/ICSI+AOA BFN
5 ❄️
Apr: FET 1 BFP

SK88

Yesterday, 9:01pm

Thank you for your kind messages, I am getting there emotionally now but the cramps are still quite painful.

@bambi85 I am going to look into the embryo glue a bit more as it wasn't something I had really thought/heard about till your message so will need to do some research and speak with my husband but anything that could help is definitely worth considering.

@ABCgirl we are keen for another attempt as soon as possible but wasn't sure if I should wait to have a period before we try again, am I right in thinking from your dates that you didn't and went straight for it and it worked? We are going on holiday in less than 2 weeks so didn't think they would be able to fit us in before we go but think I will phone and see if they can fit us in as we are keen to try again.

Anyone able to advise roughly what happens when you go for a FET, how long/what meds? Things like that as would be good to know roughly what the process will be. Thanks

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

1 member and 3 guests

SK88

Who we are: ADMINISTRATOR, GLOBAL MODERATOR, MODERATOR, MENTOR, MEMBER, X - Blocked Users

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE