You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ABCgirl

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Saturday, April 28th 2018, 8:36am

Thank you! I seem to worry unnecessarily sometimes 8|
They called me soon after I posted and I went in at 12pm for a transfer. All went well. My embryo survived the thaw and was put back in. So PUPO for me it is. I was surprised it was a nurse that did the transfer. During my fresh transfer it was a Doctor. She assured that they share the responsibility.
I don’t remember if this happened last time but during the transfer I felt my muscles contracting a bit... i focused so hard on just relaxing but couldn’t control it. I immediately thought it hasn’t worked. I really hope I’m wrong.
Me/DH(34) TTC 2.5y Unexplained
Oct '17: IVF1 TFF
Feb ‘18: IVF2 w/ICSI+AOA BFN
5 ❄️
Apr: FET 1 BFP

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Saturday, April 28th 2018, 11:34am

Hope it's a BFP ABCgirl

Saturday, April 28th 2018, 11:35am

Enjoy being PUPO. Put your feet up and chill.

So sorry to hear your news hello - I kept checking for updates and was hoping everything would work out for you. Take care of yourself and keep trying

Saturday, April 28th 2018, 11:36am

Hope you are well Beattie02

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 5:59pm

Thanks everybody, I am just taking one day at a time if my HCG is not below ten soon I need to go into clinic I hope it does it self!

Good luck everybody xxx

Tuesday, May 1st 2018, 9:57pm

Hi everybody, got bloods taken on Thursday and I phoned and hot results my HCG is now 60? I know it's too low and abnormal but I want it to be all over, but hopefully I will hear tomorrow what the plan is prob scan and treat with unknown pregnancy so will treated with methotrexate xxx

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Wednesday, May 2nd 2018, 7:34am

Morning Hello,

It really is horrible what you are going through and your right if it's not viable you just want it done and dusted. Can they not give you a scan and see if there is anything that needs removing?
When I had a double embryo transfer I had a chemical pregnancy which I believe is that I had the hcg hormone but no actual pregnancy, and all the tissue or whatever it was came away naturally.
Hope you it all resolves soon for you, big hug xx
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

Thursday, May 3rd 2018, 8:44pm

Evening everybody!

Yesterday early hours everything changed dramatically I couldn't stop being sick and was dizzy and stomach cramps thought I was starting to bleed but no. I phon d unit about 9 for advice and by 10 I was worried phoned my g.p who also tried to contact clinic but no joy so was admitted to rubislaw unit for assessment and after bloods and scans I was prepared for theatre to remove my left tube for ectopic pregnancy. I am still in a daze how everything had changed in a few hours. I got home this afternoon so resting up I just feel exhausted.

My husband and I were just speaking it took the clinic till three to phone me back I feel it was so poor! Maybe I am over reacting but when my husband spoke to them they said we are shocked and very surprised this has happened!

Xx

Friday, May 4th 2018, 9:17am

Hello,
How terrifying for you. I hope your resting up and recovering from surgery. Thinking of you and your partner at this difficult time x

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Friday, May 4th 2018, 9:41am

I am so sorry to hear this Hello. I wish you speedy recovery and strength to go through this.
I am blessed beyond measures.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 12:26am

O M G hello! What an ordeal for you and I cant believe that has happened! Shocked!! Hope your resting and feeling a bit better xx

A few times I have left messages and been late afternoon and several calls before you finally get someone, sometimes I call reception if I need to speak to someone asap. Normally on days where I have had my scan in Raigmore and I am ringing in to tell them the thickness of my lining and wanting to get booked in for transfer and get scared incase the time slots fill up for a specific day as you can generally have a rough idea when it will be.

We were on holiday in New York and I am feeling slightly better and have a little bit more energy, think I am around 9 weeks this weekend and I am so full of anxiety as I feel so vulnerable, feel j need another reassurance scan (need one every week I think)

Kums how did your follow up appointment go?xx
Seven transfers later..

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 6:45am

I still feel numb that's prob silly but such a shock. Yes resting up just achy and sore when I go from sitting to standing and same back!

Bambi85 I remember feeling like that at one stage one minute real positive and then the 12 week scan couldn't come quick enough. I love New York I could go and go and never be bored of there.

Hello to everyone else looks like a great weekend for weather will maybe chill in garden for a wee while xx

nikita81

Reg: May 5th 2018

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 4:24pm

Hello

Hi All

I hope you are enjoying Bank Holiday weekend.

I am waiting for my first IVF. Just go off the tablets
(Norethisterone) and waiting for period. I am going for baseline scan on
Monday. According to my protocol I am expecting to have IVF by the end of May

Kums17

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 6:30pm

Hi Everyone, hope you are having a nice weekend? It's sunny here and not cold too.

@Hello, surgery ain't easy at all, I wish you a speedy recovery. Please take good care of yourself.

@Bambi, thanks. I can imagine how anxious you will be with the pregnancy, I do tell my husband that I wish I have a scanning machine in my house to check whats going on in my tummy and that's even when I am not pregnant, not to talk of being pregnant.

My appointment went well, though not what we anticipated. So my FET protocol has been changed to down reg first before progynova and cyclogest. It looks too long for me, after waiting for almost two months to get reviewed, now to wait for another 2/3 months before a transfer, anyway IVF teaches us patience. They have changed protocols because they feel endo and fibroids might have something to do with why pregnancies are not being sustained in me.

Meanwhile as I complained earlier of bloating and belly button pain, the GP referred me for a scan, which I had yesterday. They couldn't find anything wrong with the belly button, but they found the usual kissing ovary and chocolate cyst, which the sonographer thinks I should be referred to a gynae to check the cyst.

Any tips with down reg with Suprecur? Anyway I am still full of faith and optimism that my current TWW will end up being a pregnancy.

@nikita81, welcome to the group. It's a lovely forum to be part of. Wishing you great success with your cycle.

nikita81

Monday, May 7th 2018, 4:24pm

First scan

I am full of hope after today's baseline scan.
Having about 12 follicles in each ovary - which I think is good...?

I am starting injections from tomorrow.

Super excited!

Hope you all having a good day too!

ABCgirl

Monday, May 7th 2018, 7:16pm

@nikita - welcome and that does sound good. Good luck
Hello - hope your recovery goes well. Sorry to hear all that
Kums- glad to hear it went well and this whole thing is such a test of patience indeed... and speaking of...

Im still on my 2ww after my first FET and as some of you may be aware, the clinic wants me to test at home on 15dp5dt (this Friday)

I’ve almost come to the decision to test tomorrow (which is 12dp) because surely a First Response test would pick up any HCG. What do you think??

Tomorrow is the best day only because if I get a negative my husband and I can afford a duvet day and just cry it out.

But I’m so scared and so nervous... I don’t want it to be all over.
5 ❄️

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ABCgirl" (May 7th 2018, 7:19pm)

ABCgirl

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 6:52am

(8 o) : D
5 ❄️

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ABCgirl" (May 8th 2018, 6:56am)

ABCgirl

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 6:53am

Ok ops....not sure how I posted twice!

Anyway So I woke up early because I couldn’t sleep after having dreamt twice throughout the night of getting a BFP and my dreams literally came true.

I can’t believe it - I know is early days. My OTD isn’t until Friday so I can’t even call the clinic yet. But I’m so relieved and happy - 2 strong clear lines on FRER test.

Thank you ladies! I was a stress case last night and cried this morning with so much worry and anxiety and now I’ll enjoy the moment before the worry of waiting for a scan and hearing a heartbeat kicks in.
5 ❄️

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ABCgirl" (May 8th 2018, 6:56am)

Kums17

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 12:26pm

Good news and congratulations to you Abcgirl. Praying you have a full term pregnancy. Enjoy the moment.

nikita81

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 2:45pm

ABCgirl I am so happy for you!

Reg: May 8th 2018

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 5:57pm

Wait for IVF

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so hello to you all! I have been reading all of your stories for some time and it really has brought me some comfort but it has never felt the right time to post myself, being not as far along my journey as you guys. Huge congratulations, ABC Girl! It really is lovely hearing success stories on here.

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 6:18pm

Wait for IVF

Ugh, I just wrote our whole story and it only posted the first few lines above! So here goes... attempt two of our journey so far.

We've been TTC for 23 months now. I initially was referred for tests after only about 9 months because of weird bleeding and they didn't find anything after initial bloods, scan etc. They then did the full tests back in September and initially they said they'd found something with hubby and that we'd be referred, 6 month wait, much to my relief. We then received a letter a week later to say they'd made a mistake, we were in the normal range and so has to try ourselves for 2 years.

In November, just after losing my husband's mum, we very unexpectedly discovered I was pregnant. The timing was so hard for him understandably as he wanted his mum to meet our bubba. For me though, it felt like we had something wonderful to focus on after such an awful time.

Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. I started bleeding on Boxing Day and after weekly scans, they confirmed our little bean's heart had stopped in mid January and I had surgery soon after. What got me through this was that I COULD get pregnant and the belief that we WOULD get pregnant again soon after. It hasn't happened so far.

We've had our follow up at Aberdeen'a clinic slightly earlier than expected (maybe because of the error?) and they said 6 months. I felt so grateful that we weren't being discounted because I'd been pregnant (GP thought they may no longer help us) and prepared myself psychologically for an october app.

Today, my period was due and didn't appear first thing as it normally did. Feeling sick and achy I allows myself a tiny flicker of hope and decided to test when I got home. Before going to a meeting this afternoon I thought I better check again and there she was: the dreaded Auntie Flo!! To make matters worse, I then arrived home to a letter from the clinic to say 6-8 month wait and a December first appointment.

So my question to you ladies is, in your experience has their timing been accurate from first letters? Secondly, how did you cope with the wait and moving on from your losses?

Any advice from people who understand to help me through it would really help!

Thank you

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 7:10pm

Congratulations ABCgirl so chuffed for you enjoy every moment xxx

Bell13

Reg: Apr 24th 2018

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 7:13pm

Hi

I have been reading all your posts for some time and check in to see how everyone is progressing! It’s comforting to know other people understand the hurt and I get so excited when I see your positive news!

Scottishgirl: I am like you, just waiting to hear for an appointment. I was told at my hycosy they were referring me for IVF and it is a 4/6 month waiting list. Afterwards I got a letter saying I would get an appointment between Sep/Nov, that would make it a 6-9 month wait. I have a new puppy to keep me busy before we get started!

My partner and i have been TTC for around 4years. Not a hint of pregnancy. We have done all the tests and it is unexplained.

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 8:53pm

Hi Bell13,

Thanks for your reply. Four years - that must have been so tough. This really does force you to learn patience, doesn't it? It won't seem it now, but I'm sure your wait will go quicker than you think. How are you getting through the wait?

I'm praying for a miracle before as I'm scared of the egg retrieval. Nothing else bothers me but I think it's the powerlessness and pain of it I'm frightened of. What if I can't lie still enough because of the discomfort and I affect the collection? Silly to dwell on it so far away I know but it's how my mind works. How do you feel about it?

Kums17

Wednesday, May 9th 2018, 4:56pm

Welcome to the group - Scottishgirl and Bell. It's lovely in here, you get support from people who are going or gone through something similar. Based on my experience with getting my first appointment, they were right on time, I got a letter in December saying I have been placed on IVF list and we had our first consultation in April. Wishing you both successes in your fertility journey.

@Scottishgirl, egg retrieval for majority of people is not painful, it can be uncomfortable. however I have heard people say it was like a torture, but I think if they find out that the pain reliever isn't working to optimum, they will top it up. The wait is really a test of patience, for me I think about it once in a while, but at the same time I have a lot of things that takes my mind off it (full time job, studying towards a research degree, going to church, praying and having faith that I might not even need IVF). Moving from losses, I really do not have an advice for that as I quickly moved on after my first miscarriage because I felt I will get pregnant soon, coincidentally, this month would have been my due date if I didn't have mmc in November.

I hope every other person is doing well?

Bell13

Wednesday, May 9th 2018, 8:55pm

I’m doing okay with the wait - despite me being in the most fertile Office with four girls having babies/falling pregnant this year alone!
Im delighted for them, just gets difficult at times. I’m manage the wait by keeping busy and trying not to think to much about it. We have a new puppy keeping us busy and have had some holidays up until now.
I feel we are really lucky to be funded.
I am not really worried about any procedure as such; more the outcome! X.

Wednesday, May 9th 2018, 11:04pm

Thanks for your replies, Kums17 and Bell13 and so sorry to hear of your losses, Kums. It was a rough day for me yesterday and I'm feeling much stronger and up for the wait/fight today! Some days I just don't think I can bear the not knowing and waiting but I have to learn patience as well as accepting I have to surrender control for once!

Hello, I wondered how you are? So so sorry to hear your story.

Saturday, May 12th 2018, 10:39am

hey everyone!

That's us back from New York full of jet lag and basically exhausted! Had a brilliant time just the timing wasn't great for such a busy holiday. I could sleep all day and all night.. trying to potter about today and get all the washing etc done, not looking forward to monday and having to go back to work. The Joys.

Hope your feeling a bit better Hello, been thinking of you xx

ABCGirl huge congratulations thats fantastic news! Did you get a date for your 7 week scan? Exciting..!!!!

All the best Nikita, hope your getting on fine with your injections.

Welcome Scottishgirl and Bell, the wait is unreal but there is waiting at no matter what stage you are at. Can be frustrating but try and enjoy the moment when it comes around.

Kums17 thats a shame about the wait for your next transfer but maybe the change in protocol might make all the difference, keep busy and it will soon come around xxx
Seven transfers later..

ABCgirl

Sunday, May 13th 2018, 6:26pm

Hi Bambi
Yes it’s booked for May 28. Such a long wait. Today had the slightest brown tinge in the rosary hoop that always comes out so been feeling down and freakin out a bit. Such a rollercoaster ride. Wish I had some symptoms to reassure me or a blood test.

Hope you’re all doing well
Xx
5 ❄️

nikita81

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 7:54am

Hi All

Welcome: Scottishgirl and Bell. I had to wait 6 months for my first appointment (end of March).

I am getting ok whit injections. Had a scan on Monday and there were plenty nice follicles (23 in total).

Nurse said that I may be ready for egg retrieval sooner than they expect - probably on Monday. However, they will confirm that by the end of this week.

I was joking that it may be due to my "diet" which I am doing to get good quality follicles: no processed food, healthy eating plus at least 2l water per day and 1 litre whole organic milk, Brazilian nuts, organic eggs, free range chicken and fish. I read that during the stimulation it is important to increase daily intake of proteins, drink plenty of water, Brazilian nuts (selenium), eat fatty fish - salmon,mackerel, tuna (omega 3). All this food is good for you anyway so I thought I will give it a go.

All the best for all of you.
Fingers crossed!

Have a nice day : D : D : D

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 6:49pm

That’s great ABCgirl it’s the same day I have my 12 week scan! Best of luck xx

Nikita81 - totally agree with you. I did the same this transfer, healthy clean eating and even reduced my dairy and gluten intake and had plant based protein shakes for breakfast (recommend arbonne as they have a fibre and a digestion supplement which has been great at keeping things moving now being almost 11 weeks pregnant and i really felt amazing for it, increasing you water intake will def help during stimulation as you are at risk from dehydration. Also reduced my tea and coffee intake and cut out fizzy juice esp with aspartame etc. Only thing I would suggest would be to watch you intake of tuna etc after transfer as they say to only have one portion per week due to the mercury content.

Good luck for your egg collection x
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 10:08pm

Welcome back Bambi, hope you transitioned well from holiday mode to work mode?

@abcgirl, wishing the best with your scan, hoping to hear good news from you. Same thing with Bambi, I will be praying for both of you. These babies must come forth :) .

@Nikita81, well done for those number of follicles. Yes eating healthy definitely helps alot with so many things. Let me add to the caution list : D . Be weary of eating large amount of Brazil nuts, I am a victim of its side effect (loss of hair, bad breath). I realised this after I had these issues and was trying to pinpoint the root cause. So selenium is good, but best for men, for women we are advised not to eat more than 4 or 6 Brazil nuts a day some even say for 2 days. Do an extensive research on it and conclude on what's best for you. I hear pineapple core is also good after embryo transfer in the first five days ( I am not sure if it helps, as I can't say I saw its effect when I used it). Wishing you the best for egg collection and fast forward to embryo transfer. Let's know how it goes.

I hope everyone is doing well? Have a lovely evening all.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kums17" (May 17th 2018, 10:09pm)

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 6:59am

Thanks Kums17, yes adjusted as well as can be expected, I’m well in the morning but come lunchtime I just need my bed lol! Roll on second trimester.
We got a fetal Doppler so we have been listening to the heartbeat most days, it’s a great wee thing.

When is it you start the down reg?xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Monday, May 21st 2018, 4:56pm

You are welcome Bambi. I should start down reg on the 3rd of June and hopefully start oestrogen 3 weeks after or so. Praying all goes well.

How is everyone doing?

Reg: Apr 23rd 2018

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 12:14pm

Congratulation ABCgirl, its so lovely to hear positive and uplifting news! Wishing you all the best : D

I am also relatively new it this forum (and forums in general!) so welcome newbies!

Bell13 - I sympathise. We have been TTC for 3.5 years, not a hint of pregnancy - not even a slightly late pregnancy, im like clockwork! Also unexplained. However, after our first appointment at Aberdeen I felt really positive as the docs seemed confident that things would work out well for us :)

I am about to start tablets next Tuesday, first scan on 8th June and then I guess we'll see from there........

I have small worries about injections and the egg recovery also, but i think its just more fear of the unknown. The end goal is what will keep me going!
Both 28, TTC 3.5yrs, Unexplained
First IVF attempt - June 2018

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tinkerbell45" (May 23rd 2018, 12:18pm)

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 12:20pm

Meant to say slightly late period there, not pregnancy! Typing to fast and not checking!! ::P

nikita81

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 10:13am

Good Morning Everyone :)

What a beautiful day for a transfer! (yes yes it's today!!)

Had an egg recovery on Monday. I was terrified but was not that bad. Only first day I felt like crap.
I had 13 eggs, 6 were fertilised but only 3 nice embryos survived on day 3.

Keep your fingers crossed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I am super excited

Kums17

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 1:26pm

Congrats Nikita. Wishing you a successful 2ww. Enjoy every moment of it.

Bambi and abcgirl, wishing you good news at your scan on Monday. I am praying for you guys. Let's know how it goes.

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 2:43pm

Nikita81 that’s fab news on your 3 fertilised, did they freeze 2 on day 5? Congrats on being PUPO and enjoy your 2ww l, plenty of fluids and rest xx wishing you all the best x

Thank you Kums17 I am so so nervous, praying everything is well.

Good luck abcgirl, how you feeling?xx :o)
Seven transfers later..

Monday, May 28th 2018, 12:27pm

Afternoon guys!

Just a wee message, we had our scan this morning and baby is perfect measuring bang on 12weeks and 3 days, due December 7th!! So amazing and surreal, Feeling so blessed and grateful xxx

Hang on in there guys, 7 transfers later we finally have our wee baba growing xxx you gotta have faith and believe
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Monday, May 28th 2018, 12:38pm

Yes!!! Congrats Bambi, I have been refreshing my phone to see if you got an update yet and I am glad to hear good news from you. Really I felt anxious for you today and I have been saying words of prayers whenever I remember you and abcgirl. Please take it easy and take good care of yourself. Are you planing to tell work now or you will wait a bit?

Hoping to hear good news from abcgirl too.

Hope everyone else is doing well? Have a lovely week all.

Monday, May 28th 2018, 12:47pm

Congratulations Bambi! :thumbsup:

ABCgirl

Monday, May 28th 2018, 7:25pm

Congrats Bambi!

I’m happy to add more good need here. My 7week scan went great and measuring right on track. Saw the little flicker of a heartbeat. So amazing!
That’s one hurdle passed... it’s going to be quite the long wait to 12 weeks

I’m thinking of getting a private scan in about 2-3 weeks... can anyone recommend a private clinic that would do that for me in a aberdeen?

Good luck to the rest of you ladies xx
5 ❄️

Kums17

Monday, May 28th 2018, 8:18pm

Congrats abcgirl. Happy for you. Hope you have a beautiful pregnant journey. I know private clinics like Albyn does scanning, There's also one on Broomhill street that leads to Holburn, you can Google them to see people's comment about them.

Bell13

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 2:27pm

Congratulations guys, that is amazing news!

A few girls in my work have used Babybond on George street, they do early scans

nikita81

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 3:43pm

Hi Everyone

Congrats to Bambi and ABCgril. So happy for you both!
Send me some good pregnancy vibes!! Please :rollseyes:

My transfer was amazing. I saw a little bright dot inside me, so emotional.
Today is my day 4 after transfer and I am feeling fine, still not doing much, taking easy.
I went to clinic today to pick up USB stick with pictures of our babies. I asked on my transfer day if we can have a photo of all 3 our little stars and the doctor said that they will save it as a video.This will be amazing thing to watch. I am waiting for my partner to come back from work to watch it together : D

Have a good afternoon girls!

Friday, June 1st 2018, 8:30am

Thank you guys I seriously still feel like I'm dreaming!!

So happy your scan went well abcgirl!! Yay!!!xx

Brilliant your transfer went well nikita81, it's amazing watching the wee flash when it goes in! I never ever thought of asking for a picture I soo wish I did! Did you both enjoy watching it?

Enjoy being PUPO I'm sure it won't be long and you will be full of pregnancy symptoms, they suck but are so damn worth it!! Wishing you all the luck and truck loads of pregnancy vibes!!!! Xxx

Still exhausted and got terrible pregnancy congestion bleugh!! Thank F it's Friday!! Xx
Seven transfers later..

ABCgirl

Friday, June 1st 2018, 8:34am

Well done Nikita! So exciting. Are you at Aberdeen? I had asked for photos and said they don’t do that.
Best of luck for the next week or so... when is your test day?

Thanks for the suggestion Bell. I booked a scan with them in 2 weeks. We are thinking of telling our parents on Fathers Day but want to make sure everything is fine beforehand. I’m scared of a missed miscarriage now.

Had my appointment with the midwife and got a big book of information. It doesn’t feel real yet... trying to protect my heart in case something goes wrong in the next few weeks. It’s so tough... this is the hardest wait yet.
Good luck to the rest of you ladies and hope you’re doing well.
5 ❄️

nikita81

Friday, June 1st 2018, 2:58pm

Hi All

yes I am in Aberdeen. We asked about photo and our embryologists asked the lab manager and he said it is not a problem. They gave us a USB stick with a movie where I can see the development of the egg since fertilisation. We are watching this every day : D
My testing day is next Sunday. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To pregnant girls:
Have you had any signs of pregnancy in the first week? if you what kind? Or I am begin to paranoiac... ?o(

7 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

7 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE