You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Friday, April 13th 2018, 5:08pm

Congratulations bambi85 I am delighted for you and have everything crossed!

I have no symptoms what so ever but nothing to say it hasn't worked. Test date is Wednesday for me I am hoping to wait till then and have no tests in house either!

Xxx

ABCgirl

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Friday, April 13th 2018, 6:35pm

Great news Bambi

Well for me.. I’ve started my FET. My period was about 5 and early so that was nice but now I’m set back... went for a scan and lining is only 5.9mm and they want at least 7mm. So now I’m on 4 ya lets a day and rescanning wednesay. Why can’t anything go right the first time!?! I just hope I get my lining where it needs to be by Wednesday. Feel so helpless! I just want this to work so bad... all the setbacks are so frustrating. And so frustrating since in my two fresh rounds I never had a problem with the lining
Me/DH(34) TTC 2.5y Unexplained
Oct '17: IVF1 TFF
Feb ‘18: IVF2 w/ICSI+AOA BFN
5 ❄️
Apr: FET 1 BFP

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Friday, April 13th 2018, 7:06pm

Thank you hello and abcgirl!

Good luck for OTD! Fingers crossed xx

Abcgirl - I think it’s better to be on 4 progynova a day as i feel it might support the pregnancy better, I had lining issues last FET as did hello and that extra tablet made all the difference so I’m sure it will all work out!
Really recommend to take 2 in the morning and 2 at night as I took all 4 together and I swear I was almost stoned or just not myself in a daze and felt so weird! I feel with 2 tablets 12 hours a part your keeping your body topped up

Good luck keep us updated xx
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

ABCgirl

Friday, April 13th 2018, 9:16pm

Thanks for the tip. I had been doing them all at once and feeling okay. Clinic said it didn’t matter but my husband questioned whether I should be spreading them apart. There’s nothing to loose - I was just more worried about forgetting. But now it’s easy enough to take 2 at a time and plus can take it at the same time as the Progrstoerone when that time comes (hopefully)
Xx
5 ❄️

Friday, April 13th 2018, 9:24pm

Hi ABC

Good luck, I was gutted that my lining wasn't thick enough but as the nurse said one more week to ensure it's thicker plus the extra tablet will support the embryo after transfer. I am hoping it's all good signs for us.

I am trying to remain positive but I am really worried coz if it's not a success it's a fresh full cycle and I don't know if I feel strong enough for it.

I am away to bed to chill xxx

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 8:18am

Try to remain positive hello!!

A full fresh cycle does feel a lot and every time I have a failed cycle I feel I don't know where I am going to find the strength to get through it again, but we do! Because we are women! We are determined and if we want something nothing will stop us!!!

If you were NHS funded and a cycle worked and you had a baby, do you then have to for pay your transfers of the remaining frozen embryo's?

xx
Seven transfers later..

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 8:36am

Hi bambi85:

Yes once you have a baby you are private our first frozen cycle worked out about £1200 and second £990 I think would have been cheaper but I paid for scratch this time and it's £250 I think for 10 mins I think it's expensive but wanted to give it everything since it's our last frozen embryos.

X

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 9:40am

@Bambi, I have just said thank God again on your behalf. Just as you said may God keep this little one for you, your family, your well wishers and God himself. Wishing you the very best in this journey. Good news at 7 weeks scan.

@Hello, wishing you a bfp on Wednesday, it's very near. I never knew you start paying after you have a baby. So does it mean the three funded cycles are there to mitigate failure? So does it mean you pay for each new cycle (within the 3 funded cycle) after a child birth? So many questions, I know you aren't nhs, so please pardon me.

@abcgirl, wishing you the best. I heard hot water bottle helps but I have not used it for that before, so don't know how true it is. People have also recommended pomegranate and beetroot juice, I used these but linning wasn't as good as first FET but was good enough for FET.

@everyone, hope you are all doing well? Wishing you a great weekend.
I am blessed beyond measures.

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 10:52am

Right I see, so if you go for a full fresh cycle you will have to pay for that. Would you stay with Aberdeen or go elsewhere? xx

Thank you Kums17, I really feel like yesterday was a dream. Remaining positive as everything looked as it should xx

Nausea and heartburn started a couple of days ago, got the good old sea bands on.
Start my new job on Monday just hope I can stay looking normal when I feel like this, I don't plan on telling them until after I come back from our holiday in may when then ill be 9-10 weeks, hope I can hide it until then! lol!

Happy weekend everyone xx
Seven transfers later..

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 2:18pm

They say everyone will get three goes to try for a success but once you get a child any further treatment you need to pay so we could pay privately for FETs until all frozen embryos are used!

I am not sure what we will do hopefully don't need to think about that yet xxx

Sunday, April 15th 2018, 10:49am

Morning! What a lovely sunny day!

Three full cycles of IVF is a lot if you do manage to get a few frozen per cycle as well, we have one frozen left then if that failed we would be onto our third cycle which honestly the thought is unbearable!!

17 days until we go to on our wee trip to New York, I'm so excited!

I am needing to rant a little bit.. I am really worried about my sister, she has post natal depression and being in Spain she isn't getting the help she needs and support that she would get here. Her and her husband are at each others throats as she is paranoid he is out to get her as she is fixated about the heating being on and he has his controlling ways, I don't know if he fully understands her condition either as he keeps saying she is just feeling sorry for herself and once she is back to work she won't be bored.. far from it!! Maybe it s a culture thing, I don't know! She is on her own, has had no follow up care after the birth of her daughter no community health etc just her on her own in their remote house, isolated.
I want to get her over here and get her help as I feel they might kill each other and I do believe their marriage I worth saving but she's need to get herself better first.
Any suggestions on making her husband understand a bit better?x
Seven transfers later..

Sunday, April 15th 2018, 11:09am

Oh bambi85 you must be worried. Does her husband know she has postnatal depression? Worth getting some info from here and send over there? Would your sister fly over here for a bit and have support from you? And our health services? Has she got friends over there?

I am holding on don't think I can face testing incase it's negative so wanting to leave as long as possible xxx

Sunday, April 15th 2018, 5:00pm

Im hoping you will get an amazing surprise!

He does know and I have send him links to NHS web pages but I just feel he sees her as feeling sorry for herself and crazy almost as she is going from 1 - 100 in a second! I want her over here but I don't know if she is fit for flying and the long journey, I am trying to persuade her as I feel it really is her only option.

ABCgirl hope your lining is coming on nicely! Good luck for your scan xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Sunday, April 15th 2018, 6:31pm

Hi Bambi, I think you could suggest she comes for holiday in the UK and from there, pamper her a bit and get her a good counsellor. If your hubby is able to talk to her hubby you can also use him to help them.

Yes I agree that their marriage is worth saving and the earlier the better.

Another thing you can do in the interim is to regularly keep in touch with her through phone calls, text, and motivational messages.

With respect to flight, maybe you ask her and her hubb to come over and hubby can return while she stays or you go meet her and come back with her to the UK.

If you believe in prayers, please pray for her too. We get amazing results when we pray and believe.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Apr 15th 2018, 6:35pm)

Wednesday, April 18th 2018, 8:03am

Thanks guys, her husband has arranged a counsellor over there and arranged for the baby to go to a nursery for a few hours, a few days a week to give her a breather too! So hope this helps her x

Hello - thinking of you today, have everything crossed for you xx

Started my new job on Monday, its going really well even with my all day nausea and crazy heartburn! It is unreal! Any tips? I have peptic liquid, gaviscon liquid and the chewy sweets, nothing makes a difference! Im trying not to eat as much during the day and this does help a little but then I suffer big time at night time. xx
Seven transfers later..

Wednesday, April 18th 2018, 10:15am

Tested and negative but check within 10 mins and positive do went and got two first response and positive within 1-2 mins. Have phoned clinic but waiting on them to phone back!

In the meantime I phoned my g.p and getting bloods but won't get results till tomorrow xxx

Wednesday, April 18th 2018, 1:20pm

Maybe it was a dodgy test.. I would def go with the first response ones!!

Least with getting your bloods done you will know your levels and if it is rising, good luck xx
Seven transfers later..

Wednesday, April 18th 2018, 1:47pm

Phone call from Aberdeen they said I shouldn't have went and got bloods. And usually there tests are fine. She asked if I could test again tomorrow but they gave me a scan date for 8th of may.

G.p feels it looks ok and I have just checked it was first response rapid and thry have a higher HCG in them I am not getting my hopes up tjhough

X

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 1:27pm

I remember once before4 I went to the docs to get bloods done of my own back as I wanted to know if my hug was rising and they said I shouldn't have, but when you have miscarriage after miscarriage you need sometimes to know if its doubling or not! In America they test it early on!

How did you get on? Any results back from doc yet? xx
Seven transfers later..

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 4:01pm

No results back I am gutted, I think when we go through all this we should get bloods for peach of mind. Looks like will get results tomorrow now.

How you feeling bambi85?

Xx

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 9:08pm

I no right? Its at our GP anyways so what does it concern them? My GP has always been more than happy to do this and he said they normally confirm a pregnancy with a blood test.

Good luck and keep us informed, are you feeling any different?

I contacted my GP as I honestly have severe heartburn which I think is making me nausea, so I don't think I have 'morning sickness' as such just horrific heartburn 24/7 and god awful like hay fever/sinus symptoms that I only get when I am pregnant, my doctor says it is pregnancy rhinitis, not complaining as such just wish I could get a wee bit of a break or relief from it, he has written me a script for ranitidine to see if that will help balance my stomach. here's hoping!! xx
Seven transfers later..

Friday, April 20th 2018, 8:57pm

Any word on your results hello? Been thinking of you xx
Seven transfers later..

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 7:56am

Hi bambi85

Results came back at 50hcg do getting bloods done on Monday again to check to make sure it's progressing as it should. We aren't getting our hopes up but trying to remain positive as well. My symptoms are coming and going sore boobs, slight nausea but this could be drugs as well xxx

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 9:15am

Congratulations Hello and Bambi. I read that hcg levels should always be treated with caution and low numbers often result in healthy pregnancies.
Found out cause of bleeding - a sub chroinic haemorrhage. Things are progressing and hopefully with resolve itself but will take time.
Hope everyone else is well
Beattie xx

Kums17

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 8:10pm

Congrats Hello

Congratulations to you Hello. Let the positivity continue, some start with low HCG and go on to have very healthy pregnancy and I have read that we shouldn't always go by HCG totally. It was good that you got bloods done, AFC frowns at doing blood, I don't know why. It seems they don't know the mode our bodies are, we are dying to know if everything is okay. Anyway don't let me bore you with talks, please enjoy the moment and keep the positivity.

@Bambi, congrats on your new job once again, I hope you are settling in well? Hoping the heartburn subsides and you can enjoy both pregnancy and new job. Have you had your scan at AFC? With regards to your sister, it's good move what the husband has done, try to keep in touch with her regularly and encourage her when necessary. Let's hope she will come out stronger and triumphant.

@Beattie, that's a great relief to know the cause of the bleeding and that baby is doing well. I wish you a perfect and stress free pregnancy.

@ABCGIRL, how's the lining doing? Have you had transfer? Wishing you the best.

I hope everyone is doing okay and enjoying the sunshine?

Have a great weekend all.

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 10:05pm

Congratulations Hello and Bambie and again to Beattie!! So many positives recently- I am so happy for you all and hope that everyone else going through IVF get positive outcomes very soon :)

I think that's the same as a haematoma Beattie and everything worked out well for me- hope you are enjoying being pregnant. When is your 12 week scan?

I just had a couple questions for everyone. We still have a blastocyst stored at Aberdeen clinic but I haven't decided if I can go through another FET due to the stress IVF put on me last time :( do you know if we can donate it for someone else's treatment? I'm not even sure if it's great quality- it's from my second round which resulted in 2 miscarriages :( just not sure what to do with it but can't bare the thought of it just being disposed of :( what do you all think we should do?

I also wanted to ask if anyone else has been diagnosed with blocked Fallopian tubes which ended up unblocking? I was diagnosed before we started treatment then had 2 failed rounds then fell pregnant naturally. I got my cycle back 5 weeks postpartum which is strange for BF. I'm now in the situation where I'm experiencing mid cycle bleeding round about the time I would ovulate. I've never had this before and would put it down to dip in estrogen after ovulation if it had happened before. I'm wondering if I can safely say my tubes are unblocked if the small bleed from egg rupturing from ovary is managing to make its way down fallopian? I know this sounds like a very strange question but I can't help but think they must be as I fell pregnant after 4 years trying and I now have this strange monthly bleed. I have made a docs appointment to discuss incase it is anything serious.

Thanks in advance for info and I hope everyone is well xxx

Sunday, April 22nd 2018, 12:10pm

Afternoon everyone!

Beattie I think I did say my scan was this week, but its tomorrow, I don't know why I think I just thought it was the week of me being 7weeks.
It is great they found the cause of the bleeding and I hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on xx

Hello - I think anything above 5hcg is pregnant so don't give up hope yet!!!

Kums17 - thank you, yes settling into my job really well and enjoying it! Makes a difference it not being so physical and cn quietly hide at my desk when I'm feeling yuk!! Im not sure it was heartburn, I still cant tell the difference between heartburn and nausea, I've stopped taking gaviscon etc as I feel it was making me more sick and I do feel better today and yesterday from not taking it.

Weemiracles - nice to hear from you and thank you! Personally I would wait a while until maybe the end of your five year storage and then decide again what you want to do as things might change further down the line.

Had my booking appointment with my local midwife on friday, as last time tested positive for Strep B they were wanting me in as soon as to get checked.
We just setting off now to head off down the road, we are staying in Elgin tonight then scan tomorrow in Aberdeen and back up the road.. fingers crossed our wee ones heart is still beating strong xx
Seven transfers later..

Sunday, April 22nd 2018, 2:26pm

Kumbs17, thank you. Will be relieved when bleeding resolves

Hope all goes well tomorrow Bambi, be thinking of you.

Sorry Weemiracled I can't help you but hopefully someone else can. Such a difficult decision to make about embryo storage.

I haven't got a date for 12 week scan yet, I had booking appointment at 9.5 weeks. I waited until scan at 9 weeks because was so scared I was miscarrying with all the blood. I was told it would take to about 20 weeks for heamatoma to resolve and to expect more bleeding. Have brown bleeding everyday and a few very heavy gushes. If you don't mind me asking, Weemiracles did you have this too?

Hope everyone else is well
Xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Beattie02" (Apr 22nd 2018, 2:27pm)

Sunday, April 22nd 2018, 10:42pm

Hi Beattie02

Yes I had this. Brown bleeding g from 6 until just before 17 weeks and 3 huge bleeds at 9,10amd 12 weeks- so much blood :( more than I've ever seen. I was at work (at the hospital) the first time it happened and had to run to rubislaw in a panic! In the space of 10 seconds the blood had soaked through my trousers, down my legs and into my shoes :( (sorry for TMI) I've had 3 miscarriages and knew it didn't feel like that at all but thought the worst as it was more blood than I'd seen with all 3 miscarriages. I took time off work for bed rest and tried to relax, easier said than done I know!!! I really hope you get your 12 week scan confirmed soon and I hope the bleeding resolves and everything works out for you. Apparently only 1 % of pregnancies have haematoma- you would think after all the heartache and stress of ivf that we wouldn't fall in this 1%!? Just ask away if you have anymore questions or if I can help you in any other way. I didn't know anyone else with the same problem but it would've been nice to chat to someone with experience of it. Take care xxx

Sunday, April 22nd 2018, 10:52pm

Hope everything goes well tomorrow Bambie. And you're right- thank you for the advice. I shouldn't be so hasty, I will give myself time to think about it. I guess it's easier going back for more once you've had a huge break and some breathing space from it all. Can be very intense as you know and the last thing you want is a break when you're in the middle of it all and all you can think about is how desperately you want a wee toot. Feels like every wait for appointment/next cycle is agonising when really you probably do need some time off to sort your head out.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Xxx

Reg: Apr 23rd 2018

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 12:55pm

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some info/support from people going through the same journey as we are about to start :)

My husband and I have been TTC for 3yrs 5months and finally have our first appointment in Aberdeen tomorrow! We are attending an info evening tonight then appointment tomorrow morning. We are in the 'unexplained' category, both 28.

From reading through the treads I gather things move relatively quickly from here and I have only heard good things about Aberdeen which is promising!

I must admit, I don't know a lot about IVF except what I have researched myself - our local GP and Raigmore Hospital weren't particularly knowledgeable - but I am sure I will know all about it soon enough.

In avid anticipation (trying to remain clam!)
Both 28, TTC 3.5yrs, Unexplained
First IVF attempt - June 2018

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 2:18pm

Hey Tinkerbell! Welcome!!

The information evening is really informative and It made me feel I wasn’t alone as as you look around you will see people from all walks of life and you are all there for the same reason! The nurses keep you informed as you go through your treatment and as long as you know what you are doing in the current stage you will be fine!
It’s an emotional rollercoaster and I wish you all the luck xx

Welll guys, finally after seven transfers I am overjoyed, blessed and thankful there is someone up there looking over our little one! All is looking perfectt, measuring bang on 7weeks2days and the heart is beating strong!! Grateful is an understatement!

We have a long way to go, but I feel so positive and I (through teary eyes) swear I would never have been able to get his far without the support of all you guys in here and of course my OH!

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! There working!!!

Sending love to you all xxx
Seven transfers later..

ABCgirl

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 3:16pm

Congrats Bambi! So happy for you.
Hello - hope your bloods come back with higher HCG levels.

I am annoyed at the fact the clinic doesn’t do bloods - especially during stimms to manage estrogen and possible OHSS. Everything I read online (from the States) is that bloods are taken so often during the whole cycle. If I ever get a BFP - I think i’d Go get bloods at the GP as well. Wonder what their reasoning is for not doing it?

As for me- my second lining check shows a lining of 7.1mm - so close to the minimum! But all booked for a transfer this Thursday. Fingers crossed. I’m finding it so hard to be positive and hopeful though. Of course I want this to work and want it so bad but just feel like I’ll get burned again. And that’s it’s just not going to work and it’ll just be more heartache. Sorry to sound so negative... I just feel like something else is going to go wrong.
5 ❄️

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 3:24pm

Thank you abcgirl!

It is annoying but if you feel it will give you peace of mind go speak with your gp and tell him how you feel, I’m sure they would oblige to do it even if it just comforts you!
It’s so hard to be positive, I get that but please try relax and find some faith or something to hold on to, it really is a lot of heartache but I’m sure one day you will get there and all this is part of the journey so we have to just ride it out and it only makes us stronger in the long runs.

I am also adamant I wasn’t absorbing enough progesterone so I actually take 3 a day, 8 hours apart and it really takes hat stress and worry away from the 12 hour window and feel my body will dispose of the excess it doesn’t need. But they said 2 supportities a day should be enough, I didn’t believe this without them testing me so I’ve had excess and ordered extra from gp. Xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 4:18pm

@Beattie, I agree with you. Let's hope it settles down quickly and you are able to enjoy your pregnancy. It is good that you have weemiracles to support you since she's been through this. I pray you have a healthy pregnancy and overcome this very soon.

@weemiracles, I agree with Bambi's suggestion. I think I read the storage is now up to 10 years, I am not sure though. With regards to fallopian tubes, did you use any medication or therapy? I think you could ask for a hycosy to check if the tubes are unblocked, although I believe in miracles and your miracle baby might not be because the tubes were unblocked, but with the test, it might just help buttress the fact that you are holding a big miracle or that your tubes are opened.

@Tinkerbell, welcome to the forum and I hope you like it here. Yes things move fast after your first appointment. Although the journey itself is a rollercoaster, however I am sure you will end it stronger than when you started. Try to read as much as you can, the leaflets given at the open evening are quite useful, so read them well. Ask questions during your consultations, if answers are not satisfactory, you can come here to cross check them. We have very experienced IVF warriors on this forum. Once you know the protocol (protocol refer to the stimulation method) you will be put on, I am sure you will have questions, which you can also ask here. I wish you great success with your treatment.

@Bambi, Halleluyah!!! :clap happydance happydance you need to see the smile on my face when I read your message. I woke up this morning and prayed in my heart that you will get good news. Today is indeed a good day, Kate birthed a baby boy on st. George's day and your news. I am overjoyed for you and I pray the joy will last long and you will get to hold your baby, see him/her grow into a lovely adult in Jesus' name. Enjoy every moment of the journey. I wish you the very best.

@abcgirl, I wish you the very best. Please try and stay relaxed with great positivity, I know it's hard but it helps.

@Hello, I hope you are doing well?

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 10:00pm

Xxx

I tried to upload my scan pics but says file to large, no idea!

I am aware this can be hurtful to see others but I also feel it’s something to look at it and give you faith.

Seven transfers, 2 full rounds of ivf! 4 miscarriages and surgeries, a lot of tears, doubts, being scared and a hell of a lot of patience and waiting for appointments. Not to mention, travel, overnight stays, time of work, weeks of pregnancy symptoms and then nothing and the grief that you felt you had lost something so dear to you, something so loved and wanted. The feeling that you have let your family and OH down again.. it really is part of the journey and every pregnancy is special but when a baby is longed for as much as us and all you guys that’s a miracle and something we all need to celebrate, be happy and believe it will be us next. We deserve it to be our turn next!

And Not to mention the previous miscarriages before ivf.

I had no faith or hope left then I (maybe babbling a bit now) but I read the secret by Rhonda Byrne about the law of attraction and what I took from it was having positive thoughts can bring you a more positive life, believing is receiving. I believed, I got rid of the negativity, the horrible past memories, even wiped my signature clean of all my previous failures on here and I received. And I started to ask god to help me too and I believe he did xx
Seven transfers later..

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 10:01pm

Thank you so much kums, every time you write to me you make my eyes and heart fill up! Thank you so much for thinking and praying for me, it really means the world to me xxx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 9:11am

@Bambi, you are welcome. I agree with what you said and I am increasing my positivity vibes, and also going to clean my signature :) . Congrats once again. The large file is probably due to your phone's resolution, so if you use a computer, you can reduce it's size or even the phone could do that.

I hope everyone is doing well?

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 6:48pm

Hi all my HCG bloods are not good there's a drop so will end up miscarriage we are devastated x

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 7:35pm

Aww huni I am so so sorry, big hug xxx
Seven transfers later..

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 7:48pm

We are lucky to have our daughter but doesn't make it any easier xx

Reg: Sep 23rd 2015

Children: Beautiful wee miracle baby girl ❤️❤️ Dec 15, fet nov 17 miscarriage at 7 weeks

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 10:50pm

So sorry to read this hello I was checking up on here to see how your fet was going, totally know what you are going through your daughter will very much get you through this as I know only for my husband and my daughter especially I don’t know how I would of coped,but just take each day at a time and with each day you will heal a little more, sending you big hugs and kisses xx

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 4:33pm

Bambi85 congratulations! I can only imagine what you must be feeling and wish you the absolute very best :)

Hello, I am so sorry to hear your news, I know I don't know anyone here yet, or your stories, but it must be so devastating. I hope that things turn around for you and positive news is on the horizon.

Hello Kums17, thank you! We attended the info evening on Monday and had our consultation on Tuesday morning. Both went really well, we had some questions but were pretty satisfied with the responses. We have preliminary dates for egg collection mid/end June but need to wait for my next cycle to start to confirm (as you probably all know!). I will be on the lowest dose of FSH (150 i think) as the consultant explained due to my age and FSH result, which I hope is good sign! So for now, its just a waiting game......this journey has definitely taught me how to be patient! I did have one question though, how did everyone generally get on with the tablets (i cant remember the name) but its the ones that you start taking at day 21? I am lucky and don't usually suffer too badly form PMT/PMS so hopefully it will relatively smooth sailing....??

Thanks
Xx

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 8:33pm

Hello,

I am so truly sorry really thought things would work out well for you. Take care xx

Tinkebell, I don't remember having too bad a reaction to the mess other than weight gain. However, what I wasn't expecting was the come down from the meds when I stopped them that did make me a bit hormonal. Hope all goes well
BT x

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 9:27pm

Tinkerbell - the tablets you start on day 21 are called Norethisterone basically they are period blockers so they can time when you have your period to start treatment. They affect people differently, I am sure I was very hot taking them with rosey red cheeks and felt almost menopausal lol! I cant say I have ever felt 'ill' from any of the meds apart from when they up'd my dose of progynova (meds you take on a frozen transfer) and I took all 4 at once and felt terrible so then I now have 2 in morning and 2 at night which works fine!
The injections can be very scary but once you get past the first couple its a breeze, the pen injection is far easier than the second injection as you have to make up the injection yourself with solution etc, the nurses will explain it all and you even get a big poster with step by step guides and a wee bin to dispose of them, my OH was good at them, think he secretly enjoyed jabbing me!!! Just remember to drink plenty (like shitloads) of water as your body will be working so much harder being stimulated and its very easy to get slightly dehydrated and sore heads etc.
Hope it will be smooth sailing for you and the nurses are so helpful and between all of us on here normally we have an answer too!!
Patience is what IVF is all about.. its always waiting.. waiting for your period.. then scans.. then collections etc but have faith and the excitement will get you through it xx
Seven transfers later..

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 9:29pm

Thinking of you hello xxxx
Seven transfers later..

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 8:25am

Thanks Beattie and Bambi, i really appreciate the honesty and advice :) Yer, I am a bit nervous about the injections but my OH said he's happy to do it if I can't, but I will give it a go for sure!

Good luck everyone.
Tink Xx

Kums17

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 9:16am

@Hello, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I really wished and thought this will work for you. Please be strong and take good care of yourself. Doing the blood test was a good decision, if you had used the urine test only, you will be fooled to think you are pregnant because the medicine will probably not let your menses come on. Big virtual hugs from me.

@TinkerBell, great your appointment went well. I didn't have any reaction to Norethisterone at all. Hopefully, you will be the same. I prefered injecting myself so never asked DH for help at all, so give it a trial, it's easy after the first attempt.

Hope everyone else is doing well?

ABCgirl

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 9:24am

Hello - I’m so sorry to hear your news. Take care and lots of hugs to you

Tinkerbell - like the there have said, it really depends. I’ve never felt any adverse reactions to any of the meds. Hope that’s the case with you as well.

As for me - I’m anxiously awaiting a phone call from the clinic. I’m supposed to go in for my frozen transfer but they never gave me a time. They said they’d call this morning with an appointment slot but it’s already almost 9:30am and I’m so worried something’s gone wrong. I’d expect to hear from them by now right? My husband says to wait and not call them just yet. This is so nerve wracking
5 ❄️

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 1:24pm

Hope you got your FET abcgirl and if so enjoy being PUPO!! xxx

Loving your signature Kums17 xxx : D
Seven transfers later..