You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 8:29am

Morning ladies,

Sunflower I've got a good feeling about you for some reason after reading your posts. From what I was told in the past, usually the other one st absorbed by your body at this stage as it's technically still small enough, I don't like to say not a baby at this stage but not big enough to be seen by passing it if that makes sense. Good luck for your scan and hope all goes well. Enjoy the moment as it is a special time for you both :)

Bambi if you could post or PM me Kathleen's details that would be great and thanks. I emailed my accupuncture lady here and she was a bit off with me for some reason when I gave her the results of my hysteroscopy. She eventually said it would be good to get one session in before transfer but she was going on hols late June so she could give me the name of someone in Aberdeen. I said I knew iof Kathleen and Kevin as was considering a post transfer session and she knows Kathleen well and said go with her. To be honest I've spent a hell of a lot of money on accupuncture with her over the last few years and i don't feel I want to go back to her now after this strange email response. I'll get in touch with Kathleen and try to see her for a session on scan day then pre and post transfer instead. That's great if she can do it on the ward too. Does the hospital charge for this?

Gave a great weekend everyone xxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 6:56pm

Hi rodeo girl, here is her email kathleenpowderly@btinternet.com

She will make you feel at ease and during your treatment i felt like i got a mini counselling session too as she is such a brilliant listener.

No the hospital never charged, it was Gillian who arranged the room, before the transfer we got one of the consulting rooms round the corner from the waiting room it was the last room on the left as it has a bed in it and she said to make ourselves at home and after transfer we just stayed in our cubicle and the treatment only lasted about 30 minutes. the nurses are quite used with i think, phone ahead and they will keep you right.

xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN
FET - Oct 17 BFP heartbeat seen 7 & 8 weeks mc

Reg: Mar 6th 2017

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 7:58pm

Hi rodeogirl I go to Kevin he is brilliant really knows his stuff and does it all for ivf first session is £45 then £40 after that he works at the rosemount centre number is 01224 636378 I was actually there today xxxx really happy got my letter with app for open evening night on 26th June then to see nurse\doc on 4th July what happens at this app ladys xx

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 7:12am

Hey ladies thanks for all the info. Much appreciated. I'd emailed Kathleen last night but if she cant see me in, I'll drop Kevin an email and see if he can see me instead. Hopefully one of them can fit me in. It's good to hear personal recommendations about people. Thanks.

Kimbers85 that's great news you've finally got your appt. :) delighted for you. Good luck! The first appt is usually where they go over all the consent forms and sign them,they do a baseline scan, and if you havent had your Hep C and HIV bloods done previously, they will do them, and also do the carbon smoking test on you both, again if this wasn't done previously. All depends on what tests were done prior to your referral as their are different routes into the clinic. If they have your full history already then they should have have your protocol all ready to go over with you. Then you see a nurse aftein wards who will go over your meds and explain how to do injections. It may have changed slightly in last few years but I'm sure others can update this. Good luck and let us know how you get on xxx

blowkiss

Lola1

Reg: May 29th 2017

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 12:02pm

Morning everyone!

Just wanted to give a wee update my 2ww was up on fri and am happy to say got a BFP. We are so happy and we are still in a bit of shock to be honest! Obviously very early days but trying to enjoy it as much as possible even though it's hard to concentrate fully waiting for first scan. I phoned hospital on Fri and have my scan on the 19th June which was quicker than I thought it would be.
Sunflower77 - how are you keeping? and good luck with your scan on the 14th.
Kimbers85- good to hear you have got your first appointment want to wish you good luck as Rodeogirl said the first appointment is usually a chat with consultant where they go through your history and decide on protocol and you have an opportunity to ask and discuss anything you are not sure of usually check bmi and for me at my first appointment they just checked my thyroid result and smear test was up to date and also if I had ruebella injection up to date also but they will keep you right and then a nurse comes through and goes through medication and how to do injections etc.they are so lovely and will help put your mind at ease. Let us know how you get on will be thinking of you!
Hope everyone is okay and having a good weekend!
Xx

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 5:54pm

Congratulations Lola! :congrats: delighted to hear your news. Good luck fir your scan and hope everything goes smoothly. Wow lots of good news coming through, here's hoping this is the start of good luck for all of us now :rainbow: xxx

blowkiss

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Monday, June 5th 2017, 11:30am

Congratulations to sunflower and Lola!!!!!! This is great news- hopefully many more with all the transfers coming up soon!!! I swear by Kevin at the rosemount clinic!! 4 years of trying, 3 mc, 2 failed rounds of IVF then pregnant naturally a month after intense accupuncture treatment even with bilateral blocked Fallopian tubes!!! Cannot recommend him enough!

Haven't signed in to forum in a while- should sign in more often- that was a lot of reading!! Just thrilled for all the BFP ladies and everyone managing to move forward with their treatment. So happy you finally got your surgery Rodeogirl- been thinking about you lots and sending positive vibes.

GB I felt exactly how you are feeling so don't feel bad. 4 years of trying and I don't have a friend left who doesn't have children- some are on to their 3rd!! So it was a hard 4 years of putting on a face and hiding the hurt I felt deep down. It does get easier- I found humour helps!! Hope you and your hubby find a way to resolve - you both need each other on this crazy journey xx

I'm now 27+1 and still in a state of shock that we've made it this far! Hope you all get your miracles soon too. Sending lots of love and positive vibes

Monday, June 5th 2017, 4:41pm

Congratulations Lola that is fantastic news good luck with the scan love hearing all this positive news xxxxx

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 10:11pm

Hi!
Congratulations Lola1 too as well! I'm really hoping this is going to start a trend and everyone else with upcoming rounds will also get their BFPs!!

I have to say I'm feeling pretty rubbish. Feeling very nauseous all they and even during the night. I haven't quite vomited, but feel awful most of the time. Being at work is such a struggle at the moment... I'm just having ginger biscuits and other stuff as such all the time. I hope it gets better soon! Xx
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 10:58am

Hi sunflower!! That's a good sign :) lots of HCG :) I felt rubbish from first testing positive until 18 weeks, nausea and vomiting and constant unpleasant taste in my mouth so kept snacking and eating boiled sweets!! No wonder my weight ballooned!! You just have to do whatever it takes to get you through though :) it's a small price for the miracle that your body is growing inside you. So happy for you :) hope you feel better soon and maybe consider telling someone at work Incase you're feeling really ill. I will be thinking of you on scan day and will have everything crossed for you and sending lots of positive vibes. Xxx

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 2:58pm

Thanks, Weemiracles. I decided to take the day off today, since I was actually vomiting during the night and when I got up. My management team know and they're very supportive, so not to worry there. I ended up phoning the nurses at the clinic for advice, just in case. It's hard to tell what might be considered severe! So the nurse said to contact GP as they could prescribe something to help. So glad I did! I vomited again after breakfast, so being off, I thought best to get that done today. The GP prescribed some antihistamines and it seems to do the trick! I feel so much better already. The nauseous feeling has definitely subdued and feels much more manageable. I know this should be a good sign though! Can't wait till scan next Wednesday! I think this is feeling longer than 2WW!

GB87

Reg: Apr 15th 2016

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 7:45pm

Follow up

hi everyone ! So lovely to hear good news on here and hope everyone is doing well :)

Follow up appointment was today, went well and had good discussion about what went well and also not so well (...egg collection!!)

We have a single 5BB Blast frostie waiting for us [zx075] Looking to transfer in about 5 weeks time so fingers crossed the thaw etc all goes well.

Found out another friend is due in December ! That makes it 4 friends all due sometime this year, feeling better about things now hubs and I had a talk about everything. Feeing the same 'wish it was me' kinda thing but that's mostly overshadowed by happiness for them so a much better balance.

This board is definitely keeping me sane at the moment, I don't post a lot but I love coming on to have a lookie and see what's happening and if evryone ok xxx

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 10:34pm

Huge congrats Lola!! Xxx

Oh what a day I have had! I also had my follow up wander if we were there at same time gb87!! My oh's aunty rang 20 mins ago to say that she going to be a granny again and due around 10th December that's when I would have been due it's hard really hard but we have to have faith and be happy for them after all we don't know what struggles other may have gone through aswell.

Anyways, discussed the usual history etc with doctor and the clinic wanted to do the reoccurring miscarriage bloods that Raigmore have me booked in for on the 19th so I was over the moon they were doing more and save me a trip to Raigmore too!!

So we went through to other room waited for nurse she came in and said she be taking 7 tubes of blood I thought that's fine, after tube no4 my arm started swelling and developed a heamatoma and she had said she had went through the other side of my vein so basically the Blood was spilling out inside my arm and she had to stop and apply pressure then I felt faint which is normal but the weirdest thing happened and I scared the absolute Crap out my OH My body straightened and started fitting and he had to run and get doctor I soon came round and was fine afterwards and she managed to get remainder bloods from my other arm which swelled up to and I can't straighten it now, I have never fitted in my life and never been so awkward with giving bloods, I felt so sorry for the nurse as completely not her fault just such a weird day!! Felt rubbish in car until I had a wee sleep and slept it of and feel ok now, working 13 hours tomorrow and feel I could do with a duvet day but best just to get on with it I guess. Honestly if there is an awkward difficult way sure as hell I will find it!!

So I am to contact them in a couple of weeks to find out results and I am to chase up Raigmore as they tested the tissue from my surgery, we signed consent etc and got tablets for frozen cycle so depending on results we ready to go for FET and any treatment I might require it's all a waiting game which I am happy as I feel I need a period in between and give my poor wee body a rest!

I had a lot of symptoms too sunflower77 they really drain you! A wee nap helped me through the day xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 3:12pm

OMG Bambi, what a day you've have been through! You scare the cra* out of me just reading what happened to you! Poor you and hope you feel better soon. A similar thing happened to my colleague last year after giving blood but she stopped breathing and another Doctor in our Dept had to recuisitate her until the ambulance arrived. After a few breaths and compressions, she was violently sick which brought her round but I remember them saying later that if they take too much blood too quickly it can have something to do with haemoglobin levels dropping too quickly and the blood doesn't clot them normally cause you almost to go into shock. She was told after happened that she wasn't allowed to give blood again. They did say this was an extreme reaction though. I remember feeling a bit faint after getting my recurrent bloods taken and looking at all the tubes lined up afterwards. Fingers crossed you get the results back fairly soon frmo Aberdeen and the cyctogenetic analysis testing back from Raigmore. Did they do Karotyping on you both too? The fit will knowck the stuffing out of you for a few days probably. See how you feel tomorrow but dont go to work if you don't feel like it. Let your body recover properly first. That's good you are all ready for your FET though and good to start once you get you results. Take care and look after yourself.
xxx

blowkiss

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 3:17pm

Has anyone who has taken Progynova for a FET even had a really sore throat as a side effect? The last few days I've felt physically exhausted starting just after lunch which I've had before on them but I've also now got a really sore throat and now swollen glands on the same side. I looked it up and it can be a side effect of the meds but I've not known anyone to have them before. I'm not aware of anyone with a sore throat virus just now so I'm wondering if it is the tablets? I'm living of Paracetamol and lots of fluids to see if that will help shift it.

xxx

blowkiss

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 8:54pm

Sorry to hear what you went through Bambi85! I would've freaked out so much! I can't stand blood tests and needles and I have a long history of fainting! Glad it's over now, for sure!

Rodeogirl, I'm not sure if I had a sore throat because of Progynova. I remember having a really sore throat in the past, but can't remember if it was during treatment or just a bug. Suck ice lollies!! They do really soothe your throat. I had always thought hot drinks were the best, but I was wrong!! I hope you feel better soon.

I managed to get to work today. Don't feel 100%, but this is much more manageable! Xx

Friday, June 9th 2017, 12:29pm

Afternoon ladies :)

Have to admit rodeo girl ill be so nervous next time i have to get bloods drawn or donate, i was actually going to donate at the end of last week I'm kind of glad i never as I'm sure it take so long for your body to regenerate it so would have definitely been to much but I'm rhesus negative O and as far as I'm aware its pretty rare and can be given to anyone in an emergency when blood type is unknown so i like to donate as much as i can in between IVF cycles that is! Ive been fine, was really tired yesterday and even slept on my break and had a long lie to 10am this morning which i never do!! Wasted half a day but thankfully don't start work until 3.

Aberdeen are doing lupus, antibodies, etc and karyotyping on us both as my OH hates needles and after what happened to me he was so nervous given his one tube!! lol!! Men!!
I rang janette at raigmore today to cancel 19th and check if the cyctogenetic results were back but they weren't so will call back in a week.

To be honest rodeogirl i cant remember how i felt on progynova i do remember having hot flushes and rosy red cheeks, there are a lot of people i know with chest infections and cold/flu symptoms so maybe its doing its rounds, hope it passes soon and you feel better!

Sunflower77 i too have a history of fainting more so when i was younger, i do hope you feel better soon I'm sure they say its suppose to get better the nearer to the 12 week mark, its great your management team are aware it makes life so much more simpler and not having to make up illnesses etc and they understand. I remember last time just before my 7 week scan i felt really rotten and took a good few days off and just taking it easy and napping helped and ginger nuts i would sit on couch watch loose woman and nibble my way through a packet!
Good luck for Wednesday if i don't speak to you before then xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Reg: Aug 13th 2016

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 3:00pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I have been absent from this forum. I needed a break from it whilst going through our cycle as things weren't going smoothly for us and I just wanted to withdraw emotionally for a while. Any way I am back now, and caught up on what's been happening. Congratulations to Sunflower77 and Lola1 on your BFPs!!

Rodeo girl- you have been through so much, I don't know where you get your strength from- your amazing!

Bambi85- I can't believe what you have been through, I am so pleased to hear you are feeling better after your ordeal.

My news- My OH and I were shocked to discover our cycle worked and I had my BFP. We ended up transferring a high quality 5 day blastocyst, with 1 in the freezer : D We had our 7 week scan a couple of weeks ago and Gillian found a strong heart beat, I was so relieved!. I have my booking appointment with the midwife tomorrow and then only 3 more weeks to wait for the 12 week scan. It's early days and I am trying to stay positive and enjoy the pregnancy, even with all day nausea and constant tiredness. My fingers and toes are crossed for everyone going through a cycle at the moment, and I can't wait to hear the news of more BFPs. Aberdeen seem to be doing well at the moment with successful cycles, so I am wishing you all the best xxx
Me 36 DP 46. Blocked Fallopian tubes and poor morphology.
1st Cycle- April 2017 :BFP: - Due Jan 18

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 10:26am

Oh my goodness scoobysnax!! :congrats: [zx055]

What brilliant news how the hell have you managed to keep this news quite i would have to tell the world!!
Aberdeen are definitely doing a grand job just now and how amazing it working on your first try must of been so amazing to see and hear that wee heartbeat, all the best for 12 week scan and very exciting times ahead for you and your partner. Hope your symptoms fade soon and you feel better.
Thank you i am feeling a lot better and happy that more tests are being done me and my OH as cant keep going through miscarriages and surgeries xx

Sunflower77 you are in my thoughts today and wishing you all the luck in the world [zx033]

xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 3:07pm

Hi everyone,

Congratulations Scoobysnax on your good news too!! Definitely getting many positives at the moment!!

I went for my 7 week scan today and... to confirm my fears, IT IS TWINS!!!! Very strong heartbeats and looking very good. So happy! My DH couldn't stop smiling all the way back from the appointment. Now just wait for those 5 weeks to pass until week 12 so we can tell the world! Best of luck to the rest of you in your upcoming attempts. Xx

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 3:20pm

Hey ladies

Wow the Aberdeen statistics are really getting a boost just now! Heres hoping things keep goin this way for everyone in the future!

Congratualtions Scoobysnax. thats fantastic news. Hope your 12 week scan goes well for you and hope you feel a bit better soon. Keep eating those ginger biscuits! lol.

Wow sunflower that's fantastic news you are expecting twins!!!! I dont blame your hubby for smiling so much! Good luck for your 12 week scan too. Let us all know how you both get on and hope you feel better soon too. Here's hoping twins doesnt mean extra tiredness and sickness! My pal had twins last year and had a good pregnancy until she had massive swollen feet in the last month. Fingers crossed yours goes smoothly too!

Take care both of you

xxxx :congrats: :balloons:

blowkiss

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 3:51pm

Forgot to ask, did anyone with the positive tests try the embryo glue? I've used it the last twice but thinking of not using it this time to see what happens

xxx

blowkiss

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 3:57pm

Thanks everyone :) Had my booking appointment today with the Midwife, now waiting on my appointment letter for next scan.

Wow Sunflower, twins!! Amazing. It was such a relief for us to see a strong heart beat. I was a little disappointed today as I hoped the midwife would use the Doppler to listen for the heart beat but she didn't, so it's a waiting game again.

Thanks Rodeogirl and Bambi. The midwife has arranged for me to pick up a prescription this afternoon of Cyclizine so really hoping it helps with the nausea. Xx

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 4:00pm

Hey Rodeogirl, no we didn't use the glue. Maybe one of the other ladies has :)

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 7:11pm

Hey ladys wow what great news to come onto see congrats to u all sunflower did u get 2 embryos put in xxx

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 7:33pm

Thank you ladies! Yes, that definitely explains my horrendous nausea, if it's times 2!! I also got prescribed Cyclizine to help with it. It hasn't made it go away completely, but it seems to make it more manageable.

Yes, Kimbers85, I got 2 very good quality blastocysts transferred and it looks they both wanted to stay! I do know other people who ended with just the 1 baby even after a double transfer.xx

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 10:17pm

OMG OMG OMG!! Sunflower77!!

Wow massive congratulations, I'm so thrilled for you! What a surprise to see on the screen, I'm speechless lol!! xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 8:50am

Hi sunflower77 that's good to hear so amazing so u must of got the choice to put 2 in I thought would only allow 1 but that's great if get the choice xxxxx can't wait to get started 2 weeks got opening evening night then week after to see doc\nurse I'm getting excited but nervous aswell trying to keep calm and stay as healthy as I can xxxx

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 8:46pm

Kimbers85, we decided to go for double transfer since we had 4 single transfers before with no results. They normally and usually recommend single transfer. But in cases like ours, they may advise you to do so, even with the risks of having twins. You really have the last word to make that decision. Just try to keep as calm as possible and take one step at a time, as you have absolutely no control of the outcome! Best of luck on your cycle. Xx

ABCgirl

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 11:58pm

Hi ladies
I've been reading without posting but I just had to say that all this great news has filled me with hope. When I'm feeling down and sorry for myself this is the first place I come to. Not sure what it is but it's a comfort to read the stories both the positive and not so positive ones. Funny how I feel happy for the announcements here (for literally strangers) and feel so jealous and angry when my friends make their announcements - it's so messed up!
I've had a real hard time this past week with 3 friends announcing pregnancies, my 34th birthday coming up soon, and a trip back home overseas that I'm dreading. And my period that came and spoiled a little getaway. I know I'm only at the beginning but 2 years already seems like a long time without a single BFP. Still struggling so much with being unexplained and waiting... waiting and feeling like I should be doing more or doing something and I can't or there is nothing to do but wait. All the while feeling like I'm running out of time.
When my daily fit of sobbing latest 5 days I made an appointment and went to see the counsellor and it was helpful. Realized I'm just trying to control too much and have too high expectations. This all just feel so tortuous.
We're on the waitlist and should receive an appointment in August-October. I was under the assumption that if I got a letter in August, the appointment would be in August and could start IVF soon after or early September at the latest... but I've heard I'm sorely mistaken and it could take longer than that.
I'm so tired of waiting and hoping and being disappointed every month. I'm scared of a potentially long road ahead ;(
You ladies are so strong and I can only hope to have the same resilience and strength you do through the tougher times in this process.
Thank you for sharing your stories here

Friday, June 16th 2017, 3:24pm

Hey ABCgirl

I think we have all felt lost like you are at the moment and the waiting game is awful. I'm glad the counsellor helped you. It's amazing what they see and you can't as you are so focussed on just getting started with your IVF. The whole bigger picture of emotions running in the background tends to be pushed aside until you reach saturation point and you can no longer cope or focus on daily life. Fingers crossed you get to start fairly soon. Feel free to come and chat on here anytime.

Well I had my lining scan yesterday and my appt with Kathleen for acupuncture at 7.30am. Yip it was a very early start but I had come down the night before to stay with friends so that helped. Kathleen was lovely but thought that my immune system has got something lurking in the background with this recent sore throat and swollen glands and she also picked up that I had palpitations and sometimes had an extra heart beat! That worried me as I've never had a heart condition before and it's never been picked up under any general anaesthetics. She said it might have been due to anxiety being the first time with a new acupuncture therapist so I'm hoping it's nothing serious or maybe it's just a virus lurking away. She mainly did acupuncture for relaxation but nothing to do with fertility or to boost my lining which surprised me a bit. She kept saying western medicine deal with your uterus and she was here to help me emotionally. I can understand that but I was hoping she might do some electro acupuncture to boost my blood flow to the uterus like I've had at home.

Went for my scan and the clinic was very busy due to someone being off sick. I got a certain nurse who was in training last summer and couldn't even find my ovaries so that didn't fill me with much hope when she scanned me on her own! She then announced quite brutely that my lining didn't look good at all and was too thin. No soft touch or anything! She must have seen the look of horror on my face then changed her tone and said she would take another view of the lining and it changed from 4.6 to 5mm. I thought for some reason I was on day 15 but I was only on day 12 as AF had arrived 3 days later than planned so she then said oh that's not quite so bad then after all. She spoke to my own Cons who looked back through my notes and said that when they did the trial of meds last July that I needed 3 weeks to reach the optimum thickness so they have upped my Progynova to 10mgs to give me a boost and have to come back for another scan next Thursday and see how it looks then. Came home feeling a bit deflated but hubby said it worked after 3 weeks before and they got the lining thick enough then so don't give up hope quite yet and I might just need the extra bit of time. Kathleen has offered to see me again next Thursday if I want but if all she is going to do is emotional acupuncture then I'm not sure if I want that or not and might just see her again before and after transfer. I'm not really sure what to do now. :S

xxx

blowkiss

Saturday, June 17th 2017, 9:50am

Morning all!

Rodeogirl, I think I'm aware of the certain nurse.. i remember last year on our first go at our 7 week scan she repeatedly said your baby died at 6weeks 1 day not something i wanted to hear and i kept those words in my head until i figured it all out when in fact it was missed miscarriage and the sac was empty so no baby there to die was just the size the sac had grown to.

Its good news your lining is thickening up wether it takes that wee bit longer just hope you get there in the end and get your successful transfer. How are you feeling on the higher dose of progynova? Have you spoken to Kathleen about it? I never received any acupuncture before the transfer day from her i went to the centre in inverness i cant remember the name of it my head is so foggy with this cold but on the day of transfer she did all the blood flow acupuncture etc maybe email her and just relay your thoughts and I'm sure she will be more than happy to assist with what you want

Roll on next week as I'm eager to get these results i don't know if one part of me wants them to find something wrong so it can be treated or could prove untreatable but i guess we will know for sure.. hopefully!

Ive had quite a rough week, choked with the cold feeling miserable, a girl I've worked with for several years who has 3 "accidental" children of her own who had been nothing but the best of friends during my cycle last year went back to her work in april after maternity leave (my old workplace) and decided to confide in another girl about my ivf journey as she felt our friendship was strained as we had grown apart as she needed advice or whatever, the girl she told is compassionate etc but i cant get over the fact she has hurt me like that and now i don't know who knows at my old workplace i don't know why she had to say the ivf part the rest i could deal with, i know deep down ivf its nothing to be ashamed of but its my personal life.. I spoke to her this morning on the phone to clarify things as i needed it all crystal clear in my head, i said i can forgive her as i know she was needing as friend to speak too but she should have came and spoke to me and that i could never trust her again and that means our friendship is over, I'm really devastated and angry at myself for being so naive and trusting.. she is moving south soon so maybe a good thing!

Huge life lesson learnt and if you are at the start of your journey and want to keep it private but feel you need to speak about it, unless you know in the deepest of your soul you can trust that person i would just confide and talk in here as in this day and age who can you really trust..

Have a nice weekend everyone I'm off to vent my frustration and clean my house it will never be so clean haha!! xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 10:10am

Morning Ladies

How's everyone doing? Hope all those sticky beans are cooking nicely!

Bambi sounds like we got the same nurse. She's a cracker! Fingers crossed it's not her I see for my scan tomorrow. Feeling a bit rough now on the 10mgs of Progynova, Had a bit of a scare of Sat when out helping a friend at a horse show. I was leaving to drive home, thankfully I wasn't towing the horse box, and started to get really blurred vision in my right eye and couldnt focus properly, Not good when I had a 30 min drive back, Just took it slowly and got back then went to the local pharmacy for advice. They checked my eye and said it looked ok but said it can be a side affect of the meds when they looked it up. So I'm now taking 2 tablets in the morning and 3 at night so that if I do react to the extra tablet, then I'm going to bed or staying at home so it's a bit safer. I'be had the same things a few times at home too so I'll need to ask the clinic about it tomorrow. Fingers crossed this means that it's working though! I spoke to Kathleen and just said I was happy to do lots of relaxation techniques at home and as she wasn't doing any fertility treatment then I would give it a miss tomorrow and just see her before and after transfer. She was fine with that and happy to keep in touch after my scan to give her an update. Was it the Kinmylies Complimentary Centre in Inverness you went to? That's where I've been going to see Juliette Lowe for almost 2 years.. She also runs clinics in Dingwall and from home near Alness.

Fingers crossed you get your results soon and hopefully it's something that's easy to treat. Hope you feel bettter soon and your cold clears up too. That's awful how your friend has betrayed your confidence like that. IVF is such a personal thing and it takes a lot to trust someone with what your are going through. For them to then tell others is such a kick in the teeth. If your friend had a problem then she should have spoken to you or if she wanted to speak to someone else then she could have easily said that you were going through some personal issues and that things were tough for you right now. There was no need to betray your confidence with a stranger. I was reading something online a few months ago about how fertility and IVF treatment can trigger PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) due to the immnese amount of stress and pressure you are under before, during and after treatment especially if the cycle fails. They say it is common for patients to with draw from family and friends and social events especially if there are pregnant people around as they find it hard to cope with normal life when you life becomes so involved in treatment. I know I have taken a step back from some friends as I find them hard going and I don't always have the energy to put on a brave face around them when they dont know what we are going through. Like you say, perhaps it is good that she is moving away.

Massive hugs xxxx

blowkiss

Thursday, June 22nd 2017, 11:58am

Good luck for your scan today Rodeogirl hope the lining is thickening!!xx :goodluck:

Oh goodness Rodeogirl that must have given you quite a scare especially towing such a big load, i hope it is a good sign its in your system good and proper!! It was Juliette i seen and she is such wonderful person just a shame i live so far in the sticks to maintain regular appointments.

My update (feel I'm full of them lately)!!
I rang clinics this morning to see if our results are back and they were.. All clear and normal! Im so happy that it didn't show anything major but feel it must all be down to nature and just one of those things why its keeps reoccurring and we got to just keep on trying.
Im getting a wee operation on my hand next week as have a weird reoccurring lump on my palm so ill be off work for a couple of weeks again.. they must just love me! lol but the timing is all working in perfect.
Nurse at clinic offered me a nurse or doctor appointment to discuss this but i feel there isn't really anything to discuss and prob be a wasted trip to aberdeen and she asked if we happy just to start on next FET so i agreed, she said the usual call on day 1 and i said today is day 1 so today i have commenced on our 5th try (this will be my 3rd FET cycle)... woohoo
Im getting my scan at raigmore so next time ill be in aberdeen will be transfer.
I am feeling well prepared for history repeating itself just a chance we got to take and cant dwell on the past and its just one cycle closer for when we do get our happy scan (yep i have had my positivitey pills today lol! :angel2:

Hope everyone else is doing well and all the pregnancies are all going strong xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Jun 22nd 2017, 11:59am)

Thursday, June 22nd 2017, 1:25pm

Good luck with the scan today Rodeogirl, let us know how you get on...fingers crossed you have a lovely thick lining.

Good luck Bambi85 on the start of this new cycle, praying this cycle is the one for you.

I'm doing well, nausea is starting to subside which is a relief. Still waiting on my appointment for the 12 week scan ( I will be 11 weeks on Sunday).

Hope everyone else is doing OK?

Xxx

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 10:18am

Morning Everyone

Thank Crunchie it's Friday. It's been a long week!

Great news Bambi your results came back all clear. I'm delighed for you. You sound a bit of a mystery like me with recurring mc's. Hopefully that's the last of them now and this FET will give you a sticky bean! Good luck with your hand op too and hope that goes ok but great timing too for starting your FET. Gosh how did you manage to get arrange for your next scan to be done at Raigmore? Are you having to pay for a private scan? I could have done with that instead of trailing back and fore all the time. lol. Keep taking your positivity pills and will keep everything crossed for you that this time is your special time. They say you are more likely to fall pregnant again within 3 months of a mc as the hormone levels and receptoors are still switched on and rememeber what to do. I fell preganat naturally twice after 2 mc's the fist time we tried after waiting 3 months.

Hey Scoobysnax, glad you are starting to feel a bit better now. Morning sickness is horrible and you just want to stay curled up in bed at times. Good luck with your scan and hope the date comes through soon.

Well to my surprise my lining had jumped up to 7.6mm yesterday. I've had slightly thicker but it had a good triple line which is the main thing. They have provisionally booked me for ET next Thursday but they want to speak to my usual Cons first as she put a note on my file to speak to her before booking as she is going to do it under sedation. All the Consultants and some of the nurses were in London yesterday and today at a conference so they can't confirm the date until Mon but have told me to start taking Progesterone on Sunday to be on the safe side. This also gives my lining a few more days until Sun to continue to thicken up on the Progynova. I had my scan done by the same nurse as last week. I'm not impressed with her bedside manner at all. This is my first FET so I didn't know how things worked and she told me nothing apart from I've got to turn up on Thursday and didnt know if I have to fast or not due to the sedation. I then said I had no progesterone an only 2 days of Progynova left so she told me to wait in reception and she would find me some. She then shouted back across the busy room, here's your drugs, not even in a bag and no label with the drug dosage on them. Again I had to ask what dose to take and was it that same as for the fresh ET? All this going on in front of other patients until I walked away from them so they couldnt hear. I eventually got out of her that the Embryologist will phone me at some point during the day to say they have defrosted the embyro and tell me if it has survived and was told quite harshly they don't always make it! I know this is a risk but she didnt have to tell the world this in this manner! I asked about booking a room before and after for acupuncture and she said well I don't know about that. We are very busy here and can't always fit around your needs!! WTF!!! I could happily have taken the face off her at that point. So I basically said I don't think you are able to answer any of my questions so it might be better if I speak to the Donor Conception Nurse instead as she is who I have been dealing with. She then said she is in London too so I said fine I'll phone and leave a message for her to contact me on Monday then along with my Consultant who will confirm the date.

I phoned Kathleeen the Acupuncture lady last night and she said she has never had a problem doing acupuncture before or afterwards and if I am getting sedation they will keep me a bit longer anyway afterwards to monitor me. I think this nurse seems to have a bit of a chip on her should and likes to feel important now she is working in the clinic instead of the day theatre. I've left a message asking Hazel to phone me on Monday and hopefully will get some clarity on it all then. For anyone who has done a FET in the past, can you explain please how it works on the day and especially if I have to drive at least 2.5 hours to get there? I'm guessing I might be an afternoon slot then if they defrost in the morning to allow me to get there? Kathleen is happy for us to wait in her house until we get the call to go ahead and so we can either do the acupuncture there or at the hospital if we have time and then afterwards. I'm almost tempted to stay in Aberdeen the night before so we are a bit closer! Any onfo on how it works would be much appreciated.

xxx

blowkiss

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 11:23am

OMG rodeogirl this is def the same nurse we are talking about! I thought it was just me being over friendly but found her very abrupt and obviously has not got any empathy or even professionalism about her. I love when i get gillian or hazel there my faves!! :) doesn't hurt to have a bit of compassion.
Would it warrant just mentioning it to another nurse about her as maybe she isn't aware and just needs to be told if anything about shouting across the waiting room to you, when i called back after my follows up in raigmore on my last cycle i spoke to her and told her i was in booked in for surgical management and she wished me good luck and hope it all goes ok and i jokingly said "its about the only thing that goes ok and is guaranteed" she giggled but then straight away apologised i laughed too but in a nervous trying to be strong way and make a joke out of it but afterwards i kind of thought she needs to hold back at bit its ok for me to laugh and make a joke about me but not anyone else.

Great news on your triple layer!! they say anything over 7mm is ideal so your right on track!!
i have to drive near 5-6 hours to clinic so on the days of my FET i leave about 5.30am (or stay overnight) as I'm not sure what time they will want me in and want to be near when the embryologist rings usually between 9.30am and 10.30 to say that the embryo has so far survived thawing (I'm sure its about 80% that do survive) and will give you a time to come to clinic where someone will then shout you up to day ways.
No perfumes, smellies, make ups, jewellery etc same procedure then as getting a transfer from a fresh cycle. Im sure my times were always from midday as they do the transfers in the afternoon i believe unless a saturday then i may be earlier, i would def recommend staying, you can claim it back and make sure you get the back of the expense form signed that your partner needed to be there as you will get £75 towards your overnight stay, i feel fresher as well as with travelling not very nice and the fact you cant really have a freshen up before hand either plus you can relax in the morning and not have to worry about traffic etc.
I would imagine with the sedation would it be similar to egg collection as you are to fast from midnight, and thats only with tomazepam so if you are getting further sedated as they certainly didn't sedate me one bit It would say it would be safer to have an empty stomach incase you do vomit etc,

It really is no bother for them to organise a room for you, i first spoke to receptionist who passed it over and dealt with it for me, i also let the embryologist aware where they rang but id hope there would of been communication between them all..

Thank you i was delighted too!!
I'm quite nervous about my wee op last time with the breathing tube etc i felt i had whiplash for days but I'm sure the pain in my hand will override any other issues and then have my FET to look forward too its all go go go. Yes we are mysterious but with nothing technically wrong i feel confident it will eventually happen just taking the long road to get there! I asked on the phone if it would be possible to get the scan done in raigmore and they said yeh thats fine and gave me the number to arrange it myself, they do the fertility scans first thing so my scan is at 8.20 but still better than driving all way down when any radiographer can measure your lining. They did offer it on my first cycle but i felt i wanted them to do it as i wanted everything done right by the professionals but several thousand miles later ill do anything not to drive to aberdeen when not really necessary.
Im thinking according to previous FETS and timings etc i should maybe get my FET on july 10th as I'm sure its 7 days after your lining scan which is on the 3rd if all measure ok and they can squeeze me in.

Good luck and keep us all posted, i dread those progesterone suppositories but my nails and hair get stronger when I'm on them so I'm looking forward top that part, do you feel you have to time your life around them as to not move for so long after inserting them and then being 12 hours apart with working various shifts i find it quite a chore xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 12:39pm

Hey Bambi

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated. Sounds like the same nurse. I rememeber when she was on her 3rd day of training doing scans with Avril and she couldn't even find my ovaries!!! OMG she was rough with the probe. i though it was going to come out my throat the way she was shoving it about lol. She was a slight improvement yesterday but still a bit painful at times. i think she is just a bit rough around the edges and needs to improve on her personal skills. I dont think she means any harm by what she says or does. Patient Confidentiality is big thing though and that really needs to be tightened up on and all drugs administered should always have a patient label and dosage on them too. I'll maybe mention it to Hazel when she phones me back. Hazel is lovely but I've not had Gillian before. I've heard lots of good things about her though.

Thanks for the FET info. My gut feeling at the moment is to come down and stay the night before. My fresh transfers have always been late morning to allow us to get here but they were planned so slightly easier to organise rather than waiting for an embryo to defrost. This is a private cycle as I only got one cycle on the NHS as I was over 40 so we can't claim for travel or hotel expenses this time although I could claim them for my hysteroscopy as it was done on the NHS. I know what you mean about feeling fresher though if you stay over. I always carry a wee pack of feminine wipes if Im driving down before now lol. With my egg collection I got temapzepam then Fentynal as the temazepam didnt touch me so I'm a bit concerned it might not work this time. They say it's more to relax the muscle internally than my head lol and so they can hopefully get round the acute angle at the top of my cervix.

Maybe this nurse had never had anyone for acupuncture before although Kathleen says she is there on a regular basis. I'll doble check with Hazel and can phone the receptionists if necessary. There was a new lady there yesterday so she might not have known either. That's interesting they offered you the scan In Inverness. I'm a bit like you and could have saved myself lots of special leave days when I could have had it done in Inverness. I know they do private scans around that time too before the usual clinics start. At least that is a bit closer to home for you for a scan. They told me yesterday that ET depends on if it is a day 3 or day 5 embryo. 5 days for a day day frostie so it must be 7 days for a blast. Not long now and it will soon come round for you. Have they given you you Progesterone already? I used to get 2 boxes but only got one this time so I'll need to get more at ET time.

I know what you mean about your life revolving around the timings of the pessaries. I aim for taking them at 6.30am and 6.30pm so that means I can lie down in bed for 20 mins and atch up of Facebook while its working it's magic and before work then usually have just had dinner in the evening so hubby gets to clear up the kitchen lol. See I've got this sussed! ;) I've never noticed my hair and nails changing before but now you have said it i'll be watching! lol

xxx

blowkiss

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 7:05am

Just had the most weird thing happen. Was up early to start with my Progesterone pessaries and thought as poor hubby in tucked up in the skate room with a bad cold, that I would try some relaxation therapy listening to the Zita West app on my phone for pre ET. For anyone that's been to Kathleen Powderely for acupuncture, oh my god they sound identical! I know Kathleen has done some training with Zita West but it's so scary how identical they sound. Lol.i thought she sounded familiar when I saw her there day but couldn't think where from lol. Xxx
: D

blowkiss

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 9:41am

Hi everyone,
This week has been the first one that I felt I had morning sickness under control! I find funny though that it seems to be easier to manage during the week while I'm working than at the weekend when I can relax! Anyway, I have one more week left at work before holidays and then flying home for a couple of weeks to see my family. I'm a bit anxious about the travelling part.... Any advice on flying with morning sickness?? I thought that if I carry plenty of snacks to keep me going that should be manageable. I hope I'm right! That will be week 10 when I fly out, so hopefully it will be true that I only have 2 weeks of torture left! LOL

Best of luck Rodeogirl with your FET. My last one was at 2.00pm. They phone you first about 9am with the plan of the day and then phone back with an update about 11. My previous batch of embryos did have 'surviving issues' from the thawing process, but apparently this second batch did really well! So yes, you need to be aware that they might have to thaw more than just the one, but no need to tell you in such a manner! I wonder, is this nurse quite young and blonde? I remember one that was in training during my previous cycle.

I have to say, after our last scan, when we were basically told that we wouldn't be coming back to the clinic, being discharged from them so to speak, we had mixed feelings about it! I mean, it's great that things worked and we can join the 'pregnant people' part of the hospital, but on the other hand, we'll miss the fertility clinic! They've all been so nice to us and you feel that they really know you! I'm going to miss them...

Bambi, good luck with your op and your upcoming FET too. Hopefully this will be the one for you too! I know what you mean about the pessaries. The one in the morning I don't find as bad, but then had to have in mind the one in the evening more, because if you wanted to go out to the cinema, etc. I had to remember to pick a time after 6.30pm! I'm still at that stage now, with the difference that, because I've been feeling so rubbish, going out has been totally out of the question...

Reg: Jun 25th 2017

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 9:27pm

Hi Rodeo girl
Can I ask who Kathleen Powderly is? Which acupuncture clinic is sh from & would you recommend her?
I've had 3 x failed embryo transfers & will be starting my 2nd ivf cycle once I've had my doctors appointment & have heard some good things about acupuncture so want to give it a try but don't know who's best for fertility acupuncture in Aberdeen
Thank xx
Me & DH 38 - unexplained infertility

IVF - July 2016
Fresh - Sept 2016
FET - Jan 2017
FET - Jun 2017

IVF..........
:angel2:

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 9:36pm

Bambi85 & Rodeogirl
I've just read your posts about the timing of your pessaries? I had just been using one on an evening when I went to bed so anywhere between 930 -11pm & then again in the morning about 1hr before I need to get up & showered so about 530/6am
You guys have said it has to be 12hrs between, is this a strict rule? Will this if caused a problem for me?

IVF - July 2016
Fresh - Sept 2016
FET - Jan 2017
FET - Jun 2017

IVF..........

Monday, June 26th 2017, 9:34am

Morning folks :)

Rodeogirl - the clinic only gave me a box of progynova at my follow up but when i spoke with the nurse the other day and arranged my raigmore scan she asked about pessaries and i have enough as had gotten a prescription from my GP just before my 7 week scan last cycle so have plenty to keep me going until transfer where i think they give you 2 boxes and then after that you have to get more from your GP if you have a positive pregnancy test, my surgery won't give them unless i get a GP appointment how annoying!!
I have never listened to Zita West but will download it and give it try if her voice i like Kathleen's it would be very therapeutic and calming indeed!!
Hope you hear and get FET booked for this week.. fingers, toes and everything crossed for you xx

Hi littlerio, Kathleen powderly works independently from her home in aberdeen actually not too far from ARI , she is an ex midwife and is very professional, she will give you acupuncture on the day pf transfer before and after will come to hospital and look after you and takes an in depth history from you, i have only ever been to one other acupuncturist in inverness Juilette lowe who also was fantastic but not suitable for day of transfer as to distant. Juilette recommended Kathleen to me if you want her email i can give this to you.
The pessaries i do believe need to be 12 hours apart (think you can go an hour ish out) as (i believe don't quote me) a dip in progesterone can affect things how much I'm not sure but everyone is different, my first cycle i wasn't aware of this and was taking them similar times to you but the last couple of times i have been regimental with my timings, speak to nurse next time you are to there and I'm sure she will clarify things for you but i felt quite angry that i didn't know they had to be 12 hours apart maybe they told me but its overwhelming taken it all in at the beginning and i did blame that ( along with a million other things) for my first mc but i think if its gonna stick it'll stick regardless so don't beat yourself up about it or overthink it as my last cycle i did absolutely everything by the book, meds, diets, acupuncture extra vitamins etc and i still had the same result (empty gestational sac) so i look back and i think nothing i could of done to change it its just nature, with your 3 failed cycles where they negatives? I think progesterone is there more to support the pregnancy after implantation so if they were negative i def wouldnt fret about but speak with them to be sure.
Good luck with your next cycle xx

Today is a day of housework, catching up on absolutely everything so i can relax all week after my operation tomorrow, I'm so nervous and scared i never felt like this with surgeries for mc's i think its the aftermath of pain I'm dreading.

Speak soon xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Jun 26th 2017, 9:36am)

Monday, June 26th 2017, 2:08pm

Hi bambi85
Thanks for your reply, I would really like the email details so I can contact Kathleen
I have never heard of acupuncture on day of transfer before, is this to relax you?
Yeah maybe they told me about the 12hrs the first time, it was about a year ago now and the 2nd & 3rd time they just say "you've done it before so know what to do" & maybe I've just forgotten some things - it all feels such a blur. I will definitely ask. Although I always think I have loads of questions but by the time of the docs appointment like 2 months later I've forgotten everything I needed to know
1st 2 times my P started bang on 28days so 5 days before test which I still did but was ovbs negative. This time no P so I really thought it had worked but still a negative result. Took the test sat morning & P started sat night so must of been my mind overpowering my body!

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow xxx

IVF - July 2016
Fresh - Sept 2016
FET - Jan 2017
FET - Jun 2017

IVF..........

Monday, June 26th 2017, 2:30pm

Kathleen's email is kathleenpowderly@btinternet.com

Yes it is to relax and to help the blood flow to the uterus, it is around the £100 for the before and after session with her coming to hospital and I'm sure it £80 if you get it done in her home which means you have to travel back and fore she recommends she comes to hospital so your are more relaxed and remain lying down after transfer.

I always write things down the weeks before my follow up then before i go i go through the list and write a wee post it with bullet points to remind me as you are guaranteed to forget it really is overwhelming and as soon as you know you are booked in for your next cycle your mind goes blank and you are filled with excitement.
Was your egg quality good? Could anything different be done this time? Tweek your dosage etc? Maybe a endometrial scratch (I've never had one but think it can help with implantation)
good luck and keep us posted and thank you i will surely be on here in next few days typing away one handed haha!! xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Monday, June 26th 2017, 2:41pm

Hey Ladies

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Good luck Sunflower with flying and have a great holiday back home. I would say lots of snacks and ginger biscuits and take your own food instead of aeroplane food. Sometimes the smell of it is worse than anything! lol. How long is your flight? Could you survive with just drinks? it must be a strange feeling knowing you are now handed over to the Maternity Team but exciting too! Keep in touch and let us know how you get on with your journey. Thanks for the timings info, much appreciated and the info you and Bambi gave me made things a bit clearer before i spoke to Hazel this morning. So I'm confirmed as being on the list for Thursday and our plan is to leave as usual about 8am and drive through. We will either stop in Elgin for breakfast or somewhere a bit closer to Aberdeen until we hear from the Embryologist. Me and hubby both agreed that we would rather be closer when we get the call rather than stressing about rushing though. They have marked in my notes that I would like a room for acupuncture before and I need to be there at least 45 mins before for the sedation to kick in so hopefully she can do the acupuncture at the same time.If not, they will try to get me a room downstaris in the clinic. I've just got to remind the Embryologist about the sedation and acupuncture when they phone. They will also keep me a while afterwards to make sure I am ok after the sedation so again that works in well for acupuncture straight afterwards. Fingers crossed it defrosts ok!

Thanks Bambi. Because I'm on a higher dose of the Progynova, I'm going through them quicker than normal so I'll need to get more on Thursday or it won't last me through the 2WW. I'm slightly short on the Cyclogest too as I've used up previous left overs first. Told hubby to remnd me in case I forget with the sedation! lol. I found bits of the Zita West a bit long and drawn out especially the pre-transfer section as there is a long bit at the end with just faint noise. I got bored and switched it off in the end! lol. She does another 2 sections for during transfer and post transfer but to be honest I didn't use them last timeand have forgotten what's in them. I used another relaxation app which is not aimed at fertility as I love the man's Ayrshire accent on it lol. You can set if for waking up or for falling asleep and find it's really good. I was totally organised last night before bed. Filled the washing machine ready to be switched on at 6.30 am when i woke up, had my pessary sitting in the bathroom waiting and my phone set for a 2nd alarm in case I fell asleep again but also ready to listen to my ZIta West once I have popped in my pessary and switched the washing machine on lol. My hubby thought I had lost the plot rushing about htis morning then coming back to bed to lie down again. I think this is me feeling a bit OCD about being in control before I'm not on Thursday lol.

Hey Littlerio and welcome. As Bambi said above, Kathleen lives close by near the Palm Court Hotel so not far from the hospital. She charges £50 for the first long session to take all your history then £40 after that for a slightly shorter session. She will do pre and post acupuncture at her house or in the hospital and she charges £80 for her house or £100 for on the ward. She will fit around your times for ET. I've done aupuncture with Juliette Lowe in Inverness off and on for 2 years and totally recmmend it for lining issues, regulating your cycle and boosting the hormones! I've only seen Kathleen once but had a few phonecalls with her and she is lovely. There was another guy Kevin mentioned in previous posts too who was supposed to be good too. We were told to try to stick to 12 hours apart for the pessaries although less than 30 mins wouldn't make much of a difference we were told but They prefer you to try to stick to 12 hours apart if possible to get the best effect from them. I asked last week and they said the lining no longer thickens up once you start the progesterone. It is only used to maintain the thickness you got up to previously with the Progynova. One your reach 12 weeks, the placenta should then take over from the Progesterone so they say you shuld try to stick to the 12 hours apart. It means woking your life aorund it as you are supposed to lay down for at least 20 mins after inserting it but then I use that time for my relaxation app in the morning and in the evening I get my hootle water bottle out on my feet and stomach and watch some tv! Good excuse to get hubby to tidy up after diner too! lol.

xxx

blowkiss

Monday, June 26th 2017, 2:48pm

My previous message overlapped with you last 2 messages!

Forgot to say, good luck Bambi with your hand op tomoorrow. Hope it goes well.

Littlerio, I've had the scratch done twice and it's supposed to help but different people tell you different things about it. I'll be honest it is painful but then if it works and wakes up the cells in the uterus, I'm all for it!

When i spoke to Hazel this morning, she thought it might be better getting the acupuncture done at the hospital as with the current parking issues, it would just cause additional stress trying to find a parking place elsewhere if we had it done at Kathleen's house. Sorry about your prevous failed cycles and good luck for next time.

xxx

blowkiss

Monday, June 26th 2017, 2:59pm

Great thanks Bambi85, I will get in touch, looks like she lives 5mins away from me too
I did ask if we could change doses last time but the doc didn't seem to think so, I had a scratch in May cycle ready for this implantation but it hasn't worked (or maybe it did something as this time was different just not successful)
They said all 3 I had were A1 top rated 5/6 day blastocyst & the 2 frozen ones lost no quality during the thawing process. So I really don't know what else they can do but will ask again

Thanks Rodeogirl
I have been speaking to my sister in law who gets acupuncture (not for fertility) & asked if I'd tried it, her lady doesn't specialise in fertility but said I should find someone who does.
Yeah I found the scratch really quite painful, I was glad my appointment was at 1500 & I could manage not to go back to work afterwards

I'm really not excited about having to start the the whole injection process again, my DH is terrified of needles so the whole process is a stressful trauma

Nice to talk to you guys, I should of found this site earlier !

xx

IVF - July 2016
Fresh - Sept 2016
FET - Jan 2017
FET - Jun 2017

IVF..........

Monday, June 26th 2017, 8:21pm

Hi Everyone hope your all fine had the opening evening night tonight found it really interesting and learnt a lot so much to take in actually feel really emotional tonight. Got our next app next Tues with doctor and nurse think this is for bloods and maybe a scan and hopefully to set dates for getting started would that be right ladys it all feels real now xxx

Tuesday, June 27th 2017, 3:59pm

Hey Littlerio, I'm a bit like that with needles too but my DH came up trumps and mixed most of mine for me then I injected them, Only had a wobble a few times, once when the plunger on the syringe jammed but my friend who is a radiograher came to the rescue as DH was out and at the very end where I got in such a state about taking the trigger shot and he had to do it for me. I totally sympathise with you DH. How did he copt with your egg collection? Hope this time goes smoothly for you.

Great news Kimbers85. Glad you got on ok last night and good luck for your appt next week. Hope it goes ok! Let us know how you get on.

xxx

blowkiss

8 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

8 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE